PDA

View Full Version : Obama Camp Says Clyburn’s ‘Raping’ Comment Is Inappropriate

Professor Peabody
05-22-2012, 05:14 PM
May 22, 2012 2:07pm

Obama Camp Says Clyburn’s ‘Raping’ Comment Is Inappropriate

The Obama campaign says a surrogate’s use of the word “raping” to describe Mitt Romney’s actions at his private-equity firm, Bain Capital, is inappropriate.

“I want to say to you: I don’t take contributions from payday lenders. I refuse to do that,” Rep. Jim Clyburn said on MSNBC this morning. “That’s free enterprise. But there’s something about that enterprise that I have a problem with. And there’s something about raping companies and leaving them in debt and setting up Swiss bank accounts and corporate businesses in the Grand Caymans. I have a serious problem with that.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/obama-camp-says-clyburns-raping-comment-is-inappropriate/

Maybe Rep Clyburn needs to look in the mirror. Looks like he had no problem taking trip expenses from Jack Abramoff. Now you pontificate about Romney? If it wasn't so sad, it might even be funny!

Democrats' Travel Costs Linked to Lobbyist

By R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 4, 2005; Page A01

Lobbyist Jack Abramoff paid at least a portion of the expenses for two Democratic members of Congress and two staff members to then-House Majority Whip Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) during a pair of trips in the mid-1990s to the Northern Mariana Islands, according to a former Abramoff secretary and travel records published on the Internet yesterday.

The payments represent two new instances in which lawmakers and staff members on overseas trips had their expenses initially covered by a registered lobbyist despite a blanket ban in congressional ethics rules on direct payments by lobbyists for travel-related expenses.

The two congressmen were James E. Clyburn (D - S.C.), now vice chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, and Bennie Thompson (D - Miss.), now the senior Democrat on the Homeland Security Committee. The aides to DeLay were Edwin A. Buckham, now a lobbyist for the Alexander Strategy Group, and Tony Rudy, now a member of Buckham's lobbying firm.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/03/AR2005050301792.html

I can only offer some advice.....It is far better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than ot open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Abramoff??? Yikes~

Hi, professor pea. Good to see you.

MMC
05-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Well Clyburn is one who is usually good at putting both of his feet into his mouth at the same time.

Goldie Locks
05-22-2012, 09:03 PM
And Ubama attends a fund raiser dinner to the tune of a cool million in the home of Hamilton Jones a private equity firm...Blackstone capital...kind of like Bain Capital. Isn't this what the debate about???

MMC
05-23-2012, 11:23 AM
He was on that Super-Committe that did nothing. Which I am willing to bet he didnt offer much up on his end. Not to mention he just luvs being the #3 Demo in the House.

coolwalker
05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
And Ubama attends a fund raiser dinner to the tune of a cool million in the home of Hamilton Jones a private equity firm...Blackstone capital...kind of like Bain Capital. Isn't this what the debate about???

You can't say that. It's inappropriate.