PDA

View Full Version : Former Trek President and CEO Confirms (Wisconsin Candidate) Mary Burke was Fired

Professor Peabody
11-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Posted Wednesday, October 29th 2014 @ 10pm

Former Trek President and CEO Confirms Mary Burke was Fired

In 1993, Tom Albers learned about big problems with Trek Bicycle Corporation’s European division. Sales numbers were down, and employees were in a near mutiny against the young woman Trek founder Richard Burke had put in charge.

Albers, Trek’s Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, served as Burke’s second-in-command and suddenly had to navigate a very difficult situation.

The head of Trek’s European division was his boss’ daughter, Mary.

“She reported directly to her brother John, who served as the Vice President of Sales and Marketing,” Albers recalls. “He reported directly to me, and I reported to their father, Dick.”

“And also, we were encountering personnel/people problems over there. The people were threatening to leave the company. Many of them were.”

Primarily, Albers contends, because of the managerial style of their supervisor, Mary Burke.

“Her way of managing was kind of a ‘her way or the highway’ kind of approach to things,” Albers explains, adding that her subordinates “felt that she wouldn’t listen to them and was just imposing things on them that didn’t make sense.”

“So because of all that—which had gone on for a while, obviously—John Burke went to his father basically saying, ‘We need to make a change over here.’ Obviously, being a family situation, this was extremely sensitive and very difficult to pursue. So Dick Burke came to me and said, ‘Before anything is done here, would you go over there and give me your thoughts on what the situation is like?’”

“The family—and by that I mean Dick and John Burke—finally agreed to bring her back. And so, to say it bluntly, she was fired.”

http://www.newstalk1130.com/onair/common-sense-central-37717/former-trek-president-and-ceo-confirms-12916069/

Wow, let go from the family business......OUCH!

In the race for governor, Democratic candidate Mary Burke has been touting her experience as a Trek Bicycle executive. (http://fox6now.com/2014/05/04/corporations-not-paying-state-income-taxes-whats-mary-burkes-position/)

Burke has been touting her experience as a Trek Bicycle executive. I guess she must of forgotten why doesn't work for Trek anymore. If it's true that "people were threatening to leave" and “Her way of managing was kind of a ‘her way or the highway’ kind of approach to things” along with her support for common core education, then I think she's the last person Wisconsin needs for a Governor. Geez, if she couldn't manage a division of bicycle company, why would anyone think she could manage the State of Wisconsin?

Cigar
11-02-2014, 01:05 PM
:shocked: Wow ... the First Tech Executive to ever be fired ... :laugh:

Now that's News

Peter1469
11-02-2014, 01:58 PM
If she brings it up in her campaign it is fair game. If not, it isn't.

hanger4
11-02-2014, 03:38 PM
:shocked: Wow ... the First Tech Executive to ever be fired ... :laugh:

Now that's News

Wow, how many of those fired Tech Execs are running for governor ?? And if it doesn't matter why did you/left care about Bush #2's tenure with the Texas Rangers ??

PolWatch
11-02-2014, 03:39 PM
In 1993 ??

del
11-02-2014, 03:41 PM
no one cared about bush, and no one will care about this except gop knob polishers who wouldn't vote for her anyway.

kudos

Professor Peabody
11-02-2014, 03:46 PM
:shocked: Wow ... the First Tech Executive to ever be fired ... :laugh: Now that's News The first one to run for Governor of Wisconsin, I believe.

Professor Peabody
11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
no one cared about bush, and no one will care about this except gop knob polishers who wouldn't vote for her anyway. kudos So you're saying Democrats don't care if she failed as a manager, as long as she's a Democrats it's OK to fail as the Governor of Wisconsin too?

PolWatch
11-02-2014, 03:56 PM
So you're saying Democrats don't care if she failed as a manager, as long as she's a Democrats it's OK to fail as the Governor of Wisconsin too?

I don't vote in Wisconsin so I didn't really pay a lot of attention to this thread and just noticed its dated 1993. Does the repub candidate want to bring his history from 21 years ago to public attention? Or was he still in diapers then? Perhaps he would like his college buddies interviewed? I don't care if they are r or d or really, who wins in that race, but 21 years ago? really? this is the best you can find against the woman? Since it looks like a real attempt to find something negative here and the first thing you could find was 21 years ago....dull life...huh?

del
11-02-2014, 03:59 PM
So you're saying Democrats don't care if she failed as a manager, as long as she's a Democrats it's OK to fail as the Governor of Wisconsin too?

www.rif.org

you obviously need it

Professor Peabody
11-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't vote in Wisconsin so I didn't really pay a lot of attention to this thread and just noticed its dated 1993. Does the repub candidate want to bring his history from 21 years ago to public attention? Or was he still in diapers then? Perhaps he would like his college buddies interviewed? I don't care if they are r or d or really, who wins in that race, but 21 years ago? really? this is the best you can find against the woman? Since it looks like a real attempt to find something negative here and the first thing you could find was 21 years ago....dull life...huh?

The story's not dated 1993, the trouble at Trek Bicycles started in 1993. She was fired after that. Burke has been using her time at Trek to promote her managerial skills during this Wisconsin's election. Therefore what happened at Trek in the 1990's is totally relevant.

PolWatch
11-02-2014, 04:03 PM
from the op: In 1993, Tom Albers learned

hanger4
11-02-2014, 04:09 PM
from the op: In 1993, Tom Albers learned

Doesn't matter what year PolWatch she's touting her managerial skils from a company she was fired from because of her managerial skils. That's extremely relevant.

PolWatch
11-02-2014, 04:11 PM
agreed hanger...if the issue were current. I just think that this is really going back into the past so far its silly. imho

hanger4
11-02-2014, 04:16 PM
agreed hanger...if the issue were current. I just think that this is really going back into the past so far its silly. imho

SHE !! made it an issue.

Professor Peabody
11-02-2014, 04:17 PM

She's the one who touted her managerial skills citing her time at Trek (where she got fired by family).

Cigar
11-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Wow, how many of those fired Tech Execs are running for governor ?? And if it doesn't matter why did you/left care about Bush #2's tenure with the Texas Rangers ??

Only Few ... they ain't smart enough to be a former Tech Executive and Political Candidate :laugh:

PolWatch
11-02-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm curious about stuff...so I went to Real Clear Politics...they show this race as a toss up. Question answered!

hanger4
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Only Few ... they ain't smart enough to be a former Tech Executive and Political Candidate :laugh:

That wooshing noise you hear is the point passing through apparent empty head. LOL

Cigar
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
That wooshing noise you hear is the point passing through apparent empty head. LOL

I was instructed by someone with authority on this Forum to; Please stop insulting members and abide by the rules.

I normally would instruct you to go Fuck Yourself ... but I'm sure you already know how to do that, being as Smart as you are. :wink:

hanger4
11-02-2014, 07:33 PM
I was instructed by someone with authority on this Forum to; Please stop insulting members and abide by the rules.

I normally would instruct you to go $#@! Yourself ... but I'm sure you already know how to do that, being as Smart as you are. :wink:

Oh I'm not smart at all, probably one of the lest educated on this hear forum. But I can read with comprehension and critically and that makes me smarter than you.

Cigar
11-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Oh I'm not smart at all, probably one of the lest educated on this hear forum. But I can read with comprehension and critically and that makes me smarter than you.

Congratulations

http://www.greatatlantictrophy.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/52712GS.jpg (http://www.greatatlantictrophy.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PD-52712GS&Category_Code=BOB)