PDA

View Full Version : The Democrats' Path to Holding the Senate...

tgards79
11-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Win New Hampshire, North Carolina, Kansas and Alaska.
Lose Iowa and Colorado.
That makes it 49-49.
Then fight like hell to win one of the run offs.
Check it out: http://www.borntorunthenumbers.com/2014/11/final-election-2014-projections-for.html

Cigar
11-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Oh come on ... let them Win something ... :grin:

Remember how happy they were in 2010 ... :biglaugh:

.... and how quickly it passed. :sad2:

Green Arrow
11-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Oh come on ... let them Win something ... :grin:

Remember how happy they were in 2010 ... :biglaugh:

.... and how quickly it passed. :sad2:

I was wondering how you were going to spin the loss of the Senate to somehow be a win for Democrats. Now I know.

TrueBlue
11-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Win New Hampshire, North Carolina, Kansas and Alaska. Lose Iowa and Colorado. That makes it 49-49. Then fight like hell to win one of the run offs. Check it out: http://www.borntorunthenumbers.com/2014/11/final-election-2014-projections-for.html But of course if there is no runoff and it stays at a tie then Joe Biden would be able to cast the deciding vote. :) That would be very nice!

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:14 AM
But of course if there is no runoff and it stays at a tie then Joe Biden would be able to cast the deciding vote. :) That would be very nice!

Joe Biden holding the keys to the kingdom would be very nice? You're joking, right? We are talking about the same Joe Biden, right?

Matty
11-04-2014, 12:19 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2V-D-Xdq8

TrueBlue
11-04-2014, 12:22 AM
It's upsetting to see that the Democrats have apparently not done a better job in getting their message out about all of the accomplishments of President Obama during his tenure as well as the Democrats. They should have been hitting the pavement more and investing in more air time in order to get that message out because there are hundreds of great accomplishments by Obama and the Democrats that American voters need to be well aware of as they head to the polls tomorrow! http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Oh, now I understand. This guy is like Professor Peabody and Blackrook, only around to campaign and will disappear after the elections.

TrueBlue
11-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Joe Biden holding the keys to the kingdom would be very nice? You're joking, right? We are talking about the same Joe Biden, right? Of course we are! Vice President Joe Biden. If there was to be a tie then by law the deciding vote would have to come from him and if there is a tie, I hope he gets to cast the tie vote!

Common
11-04-2014, 01:54 AM
My personal opinion based on NO facts :) My gut tells me the pollsters would err on the side of caution this time. If they have another total disaster like the last election, polling will be mostly done, no one will believe it. I think theyve been very very careful this time. I could be dead wrong too.

I think the democrats will lose the senate. Unless turnout is extraordinarily high

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 02:05 AM
My personal opinion based on NO facts :) My gut tells me the pollsters would err on the side of caution this time. If they have another total disaster like the last election, polling will be mostly done, no one will believe it. I think theyve been very very careful this time. I could be dead wrong too.

I think the democrats will lose the senate. Unless turnout is extraordinarily high

None of the pollsters can communicate with the dead so predicting democrat turnout is always hit or miss.

Common
11-04-2014, 03:34 AM
None of the pollsters can communicate with the dead so predicting democrat turnout is always hit or miss.

Not to worry the republicans have passed enough unconstitutional voter suppression laws and redistricting to overwhelmingly deny americans that oppose them their right to vote. :)

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Not to worry the republicans have passed enough unconstitutional voter suppression laws and redistricting to overwhelmingly deny americans that oppose them their right to vote. :)

Both parties engage in gerrymandering (which is the term you're looking for, not redistricting. Redistricting is a perfectly legitimate and necessary practice, gerrymandering is using that redistricting to give the party in control of the state government an advantage in state and federal elections), not just Republicans.

Professor Peabody
11-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Oh, now I understand. This guy is like Professor Peabody and Blackrook, only around to campaign and will disappear after the elections. C'mon GA, I'm just one guy with a computer. While I appreciate you're attributing superhuman posting abilities to the Professor, I am just one guy with a message. I can't be everywhere posting 24/7. Thank you for your disdain, I wear it from Liberals like a badge of honor!

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 03:54 AM
C'mon GA, I'm just one guy with a computer. While I appreciate you're attributing superhuman posting abilities to the Professor, I am just one guy with a message. I can't be everywhere posting 24/7. Thank you for your disdain, I wear it from Liberals like a badge of honor!

I think you're reading too much into it. I don't dislike you, I just think it would be nice if you'd stick around even when elections aren't happening and post less of the electioneering and more normal, every day human stuff. As it is, you sound kind of like a smarter and more literate version of Cigar. Your posting habits look more like someone paid by the RNC to help sway voters to their side, similar to Cigar. Only with Cigar, it's a bad business decision because he's a piss poor representative.

It's 4 AM and I'm exhausted. Point is, I'm trying to compliment you, here, and ask you to stick around and be part of the forum even after the elections are over.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:20 AM

Anyone who wants to vote can do so if they are eligible.

Requiring a picture id only makes it more difficult for democrats to cheat on Election Day.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 04:39 AM
Requiring a picture id only makes it more difficult for democrats to cheat on Election Day.

Not really.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:42 AM
Not really.

It makes the cheating more difficult but not impossible.

Common
11-04-2014, 04:42 AM
Both parties engage in gerrymandering (which is the term you're looking for, not redistricting. Redistricting is a perfectly legitimate and necessary practice, gerrymandering is using that redistricting to give the party in control of the state government an advantage in state and federal elections), not just Republicans.

umm redistricting is just that redistricting, gerrymandering is a term to describe what is actually done which is redistricting but thats inconsequential and your right both parties have done it. The gop has taken it way over the norm in the last 6 yrs in alot more places. Its been so bad courts have overturned many of them.

Common
11-04-2014, 04:43 AM
Not really.

I wonder how many of the much dumber non rich republicans have difficulty getting voter Ids :)

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:47 AM
I wonder how many of the much dumber non rich republicans have difficulty getting voter Ids :)

Do you have a picture id?

Most people have identification and I would be surprised if you didn't.

Common
11-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Of course I have several picture Ids. Let me ask you this, how many rednecks and rural living republicans do you think may not have a picture ID. It seems clowns like rick scott on other republican govs believe only minorities and democrats dont have picture IDs.

Aside from all the right wing BS lets get real and put this in perspective, When you register to vote in the first place you have to show id then you are given a registration card you must SHOW to vote. The locality has your name in master book it checks to assure you are still a resident.

All this voter id is blatantly intended for voter suppression.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Of course I have several picture Ids. Let me ask you this, how many rednecks and rural living republicans do you think may not have a picture ID. It seems clowns like rick scott on other republican govs believe only minorities and democrats dont have picture IDs.

Aside from all the right wing BS lets get real and put this in perspective, When you register to vote in the first place you have to show id then you are given a registration card you must SHOW to vote. The locality has your name in master book it checks to assure you are still a resident.

Well at least you are not accusing the repubs of racism by trying to suppress the black vote.

You claim to be worried about disenfranchising the rednecks AND the niggers.

Non partisan, colorblind attaboys to you.

but anyone who is too lazy or too dumb to get a picture id does not deserve to vote.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 08:09 AM
umm redistricting is just that redistricting, gerrymandering is a term to describe what is actually done which is redistricting but thats inconsequential and your right both parties have done it. The gop has taken it way over the norm in the last 6 yrs in alot more places. Its been so bad courts have overturned many of them.

Last I checked, the courts overturned two out of twenty nine. Not really all that much.

Peter1469
11-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Warning: Blatant racism violates several rules on this forum. Don't do it again.

Well at least you are not accusing the repubs of racism by trying to suppress the black vote.

but anyone who is too lazy or too dumb to get a picture id does not deserve to vote.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Warning: Blatant racism violates several rules on this forum. Don't do it again.

"Redneck" is a racist term also.

but you only objected to the term I used about blacks in reply.

Common
11-04-2014, 08:43 AM

You claim to be worried about disenfranchising the rednecks AND the $#@!s.

I dont want anyone manipulated out of voting redneck or anyone else. My redneck comment was just what it was, how many rural redneckes that are republicans dont have voter ids.

Common
11-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Last I checked, the courts overturned two out of twenty nine. Not really all that much.

I think thats incorrect theres more and some were overturned and allowed to continue until after the election because there wasnt enough time. After the election they have to change their redistricting and gerrymandering as you want to call it

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 08:46 AM
"Redneck" is a racist term also.

but you only objected to the term I used about blacks in reply.

Really? In what world is redneck a racist term? Seriously, around here our rednecks are quite proud of the name.

My youngest brother wears cowboy boots n hat and has a jacked up F-150. We have bonfires with flames flying 50 feet into the air in the backyard all the time. Half my family is redneck and damn proud of it.

Comparing redneck with the "N" word just shows ignorance IMHO.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I wonder how many older voters will be effected. I have several friends who have allowed their drivers licenses to lapse due to medical issues. For the same reason, they are not likely to have an easy trip to get a voter ID.

How are those who use absentee ballots going to prove who they are? To me, that is the area that would need attention but I haven't heard anyone voicing concern about that issue....wonder why

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I dont want anyone manipulated out of voting redneck or anyone else. My redneck comment was just what it was, how many rural redneckes that are republicans dont have voter ids.

I would assume that most rural rednecks of legal age ALL have picture ID's. Kinda hard to get a 6-pack without em. lol

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Joe Biden holding the keys to the kingdom would be very nice? You're joking, right? We are talking about the same Joe Biden, right?
Whuuuut.....you dont like crazy uncle joe?:)

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 08:57 AM
I wonder how many older voters will be effected. I have several friends who have allowed their drivers licenses to lapse due to medical issues. For the same reason, they are not likely to have an easy trip to get a voter ID.

How are those who use absentee ballots going to prove who they are? To me, that is the area that would need attention but I haven't heard anyone voicing concern about that issue....wonder why

I actually had to get my license replaced after it was stolen not long ago. I took my birth certificate and other forms of ID with me to the MVA, but didn't need them. The girl pulled my info up, and on her screen were copies of every license I have had through the years. I wonder if, in the cases like you bring up, each state's MVA could send out ID cards to those people through the mail? They already have the needed info and if they used the latest photo of the subject, wouldn't that work?

I can see both sides of the voter ID argument, but I do not see how anybody can go through life without some sort of photo ID, not in the last 10-20 years anyways. But, if we are going to require photo ID to vote, those ID's should be given out for free.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Really? In what world is redneck a racist term? Seriously, around here our rednecks are quite proud of the name.

My youngest brother wears cowboy boots n hat and has a jacked up F-150. We have bonfires with flames flying 50 feet into the air in the backyard all the time. Half my family is redneck and $#@! proud of it.

black people call each other the N-word that sends Peter into a swoon when I say it.

It all depends on who is doing the saying.

the same goes for redneck when when it is intended as a derogatory term as it is being used here.

but I suppose the guilt ridden white double standard applies here also.

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 09:03 AM
I think you're reading too much into it. I don't dislike you, I just think it would be nice if you'd stick around even when elections aren't happening and post less of the electioneering and more normal, every day human stuff. As it is, you sound kind of like a smarter and more literate version of Cigar. Your posting habits look more like someone paid by the RNC to help sway voters to their side, similar to Cigar. Only with Cigar, it's a bad business decision because he's a piss poor representative.

It's 4 AM and I'm exhausted. Point is, I'm trying to compliment you, here, and ask you to stick around and be part of the forum even after the elections are over.
I dont think that would be nice.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 09:06 AM
black people call each other the N-word that sends Peter into a swoon when I say it.

the same goes for redneck when when it is intended as a derogatory term as it is being used here.

I know you're not too bright so let me help you out.

Using the term 'nigger' isn't a bad thing unless you're referring to people directly which you did.

I still have a hunch that's bouncing off your radar but hey, did my civic duty for the day.

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/200450/resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-can-a-nigga-get-a-table-dance-1a23ef.jpg

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 09:07 AM

Black people do not call each other the "N" word on here because it is not allowed.

Redneck, even when used in a derogatory way, is no more racist that the term idiot would be if used in the same way.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:09 AM
I know you're not too bright so let me help you out.

Using the term '$#@!' isn't a bad thing unless you're referring to people directly which you did.

I'm not likely to get much help from someone like you who is even dumber than me.

But at least we know you care.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Black people do not call each other the "N" word on here because it is not allowed.

Redneck, even when used in a derogatory way, is no more racist that the term idiot would be if used in the same way.

It's not a white double standard, referring to a group of people as "rednecks" is far, far less offensive than referring to a group of people as "niggers".

If you can't grasp that concept then go back to sleep. Sucks to be you.

(not you specifically Ravens Fan, "you" in general)

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:15 AM

No one said they did.

However someone did throw out the word "redneck" which is just as much a racial slur - or not, depending on your point of view - as the n-word that Peter does not want me to use.

If you want to ban all racial slang then do so.

But don't selectively allow some racial slurs but not others.

if you think so then the n-word that bothers Peter so much is no more offensive either.

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 09:16 AM
It's not a white double standard, referring to a group of people as "rednecks" is far, far less offensive than referring to a group of people as "niggers".

Yeah, I had to re-read it at first, then I saw you were supporting what I said.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM
It's not a white double standard, referring to a group of people as "rednecks" is far, far less offensive than referring to a group of people as "$#@!s".

the problem with you is that you have been so brainwashed by the guilt ridden white double standard that you have become part of it.

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM
No one said they did.

However someone did throw out the word "redneck" which is just as much a racial slur - or not, depending on your point of view - as the n-word that Peter does not want me to use.

If you want to ban all slang then do so.
Please explain how the word redneck is a racist term. Also why it is on par with the "N" word?
But don't selectively allow some racial slurs but not others.

if you think so then the n-word that bothers Peter so much is no more offensive either.

Matty
11-04-2014, 09:20 AM

How many city gutter rats do not have ID?

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 09:21 AM
interesting...how some people have to try & justify their behavior. How many posts complaining about something that anyone who has been on the forum for more than 1 hour should know? (there are rules posted)

if ya can't do the time, don't do the crime...

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:24 AM
interesting...how some people have to try & justify their behavior. How many posts complaining about something that anyone who has been on the forum for more than 1 hour should know? (there are rules posted)

if ya can't do the time, don't do the crime...

Where is the rule allowing racist slur against white people?

That seems to be an unwritten rule for this forum.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Please explain how the word redneck is a racist term. Also why it is on par with the "N" word?

Both terms are exactly the same.

they can be used as a term of friendship or as an insult.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I ain't the person to ask about that since I always call myself a redneck/coon-azz hybrid. I've never been shot at or even cussed at over it. go figure...

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Both terms are exactly the same.

they can be used as a term of friendship or as an insult.

This does not explain how the word redneck is a racial slur, much less why you feel it is as bad of an insult and as hurtful as the "N" word.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:44 AM
This does not explain how the word redneck is a racial slur, much less why you feel it is as bad of an insult and as hurtful as the "N" word.

I did explain that it depends on who uses the word and why they say it.

Black people shout the word that troubles Peter so much in public places everywhere.

and some whites do the same with the word that Peter seems to like.

but blacks take offense when a white person calls them the N-word.

since I'm not black you will have to ask them what is wrong.

but I'm guessing they will say that the word is intended as an insult and they don't like it.

If blacks or white northeast libs, or city snobs anywhere call southern whites a redneck they are using the word just as blacks assume whites are using the n-word.

lets have one standard for everyone rather than special treatment for blacks.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I did explain that it depends on who uses the word any why they say it.

Black people shout the word that troubles Peter so much in public places everywhere.

but if blacks take offense when a whites person calls them the N-word.

but I'm guessing they will say that the word is intended as an insult and they don't like it.

If blacks or white northeast libs, or city snobs anywhere call southern whites a redneck they are using the word just as blacks assume whites are using the n-word.

Black people are far more offended at being called niggers than white people are offended at being called rednecks regardless of how much fauxrage you want to whip up.

You fail.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Black people are far more offended at being called $#@!s than white people are offended at being called rednecks regardless of how much fauxrage you want to whip up.

speak for yourself captain.

you cant speak for all blacks or all whites so don't even try.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 09:52 AM
speak for yourself captain.

you cant speak for all blacks or all whites so don't even try.

if ya don't trust the capt's statement..then go find a group of rednecks & yell out "redneck", then, go to a predominately black area and try the same with the 'n' word. You will note I suggested the redneck area first...if you reversed the order, it might not be possible...imho

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:59 AM
if ya don't trust the capt's statement..then go find a group of rednecks & yell out "redneck", then, go to a predominately black area and try the same with the 'n' word.

You will note I suggested the redneck area first...if you reversed the order, it might not be possible...imho

thats good advice.

Try to walk through a black neighborhood wearing the most expensive Nike's they make and see how long you live.

But for comparison do the same in a white suburb first because no one will bother you.

the same goes for shouting racial slurs.

Whites may be offended but as you point out, being more civilized they are not likely to beat you up.

but blacks...

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM
if ya don't trust the capt's statement..then go find a group of rednecks & yell out "redneck", then, go to a predominately black area and try the same with the 'n' word. You will note I suggested the redneck area first...if you reversed the order, it might not be possible...imho

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/reverse-480503758.gif

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM
thats good advice.

Try to walk through a black neighborhood wearing the most expensive Nike's they make and see how long you live.

But for comparison do the same in a white suburb first because no one will bother you.

the same goes for shouting racial slurs.

Whites may be offended but as you point out, being more civilized they are not likely to beat you up.

but blacks...

Nice red herring.

But I see why you're changing the topic.

It's the butthurt, don't let it get to you.

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 10:08 AM
I did explain that it depends on who uses the word and why they say it.

but blacks take offense when a white person calls them the N-word.

I do not like it when a black person uses the "N" word either, and agree with that being a double standard. It is an offensive word that historically has been used to denigrate an entire race.

The word redneck though, does not even compare. It does not refer to an entire race, so how is it a racial slur? It can be used in an offensive way or as a put down, but so can many other words... Hillbilly, snob, city slicker, jock...

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I do not like it when a black person uses the "N" word either, and agree with that being a double standard. It is an offensive word that historically has been used to denigrate an entire race.

The word redneck though, does not even compare. It does not refer to an entire race, so how is it a racial slur? It can be used in an offensive way or as a put down, but so can many other words... Hillbilly, snob, city slicker, jock...

You are still applying one standard for blacks and a lesser standard for whites.

hillbilly can be a racial slur when some white or black university lib uses it to describe white conservatives that he considers inferior.

but so is jungle bunny or spear chucker for blacks.

or chink which many blacks like to use when an Asian person makes them angry about something.

you only object to terms used about minorities and I say one standard for everyone.

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Stop using that Disgusting word You Jackass.

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 10:32 AM
http://y
http://youtu.be/Jsw8q4fNfBwoutu.be/Jsw8q4fNfBw (http://youtu.be/Jsw8q4fNfBw)

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 10:36 AM

My youngest brother wears cowboy boots n hat and has a jacked up F-150. We have bonfires with flames flying 50 feet into the air in the backyard all the time. Half my family is redneck and damn proud of it.

He's an ass. Do not encourage him. He admits to using it to troll.

Alyosha
11-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Look I have no problem with saying "no" to voter ID if you are consistent. Don't require it to fly, to buy alcohol, or anything else then. I'm good with that, too.

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 10:44 AM
How many city gutter rats do not have ID?

How many country gutter squirrels dont?

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 10:46 AM
There's no reason why voters shouldn't show ID at the polls, none.

None whatsoever. If you don't have an ID then you're a slug, everyone has ID.

If grandma can't afford one, issue one to her on the taxpayer dime - I'm cool with that. This way agenda-driven liberals can't strawman this one.

Matty
11-04-2014, 10:49 AM
There's no reason why voters shouldn't show ID at the polls, none.

None whatsoever. If you don't have an ID then you're a slug, everyone has ID.

If grandma can't afford one, issue one to her on the taxpayer dime - I'm cool with that. This way agenda-driven liberals can't strawman this one.

Well, there is one reason. Voter fraud.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Well, there is one reason. Voter fraud.

Read my statement again, slowly this time.

tgards79
11-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Read my statement again, slowly this time.
Have you ever worked with underprivileged young people? I do. Getting an ID is very hard. You need to accumulate points via a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, health card, etc. These are far harder to get than you would imagine. Drivers license? Make me laugh. These people are not "slugs" and they deserve the right to vote as much as you, me and Bill Gates. You are heartless and ignorant, a dangerous combination.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Have you ever worked with underprivileged young people? I do. Getting an ID is very hard. You need to accumulate points via a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, health card, etc. These are far harder to get than you would imagine. Drivers license? Make me laugh. These people are not "slugs" and they deserve the right to vote as much as you, me and Bill Gates. You are heartless and ignorant, a dangerous combination.

They manage to enroll in welfare with little problem, funny how that works.

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:10 AM
You mean there are young people born in the US that have no birth certificates? Why can the majority of us go through the trouble of getting ID but young people cannot be bothered? How do young people cash checks, get jobs, go to the doctor? Yep! I said doctor. Doctors now require picture ID when checking in.

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:11 AM
They manage to enroll in welfare with little problem, funny how that works.
How do they get into school without proper ID?

tgards79
11-04-2014, 11:15 AM
You people are so ignorant about the plight of poor young black people. They don't get jobs, they don't get IDs, and have you ever tried signing up for welfare? Days on end in DSS offices. Penniless, parent-less, no hope. No car, no bike, no money for busses. You walk everywhere. No one will hire you. It is an existence you can barely imagine. Too lazy? You are insane.

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:17 AM

If the N word is truly terrible why do black people use it? Can't be all that hurtful.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 11:17 AM

Yeah, the whole "poor black child" schtick is a crock of shit, I agree.

Cry me a fucking river.

Peter1469
11-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Stop using that Disgusting word You Jackass.

Warning: No name calling.

Matty
You people are so ignorant about the plight of poor young black people. They don't get jobs, they don't get IDs, and have you ever tried signing up for welfare? Days on end in DSS offices. Penniless, parent-less, no hope. No car, no bike, no money for busses. You walk everywhere. No one will hire you. It is an existence you can barely imagine. Too lazy? You are insane.
Wut happened to they parents?

Captain Obvious
If the N word is truly terrible why do black people use it? Can't be all that hurtful.

That's a fair point but in terms of it's usage on an anonymous forum it isn't fair or practical for mods to guess at the context it's being used in.

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Why would anyone hire somebody with pants on the ground?

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Why would anyone hire somebody with pants on the ground?

If she's cute...

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:21 AM
That's a fair point but in terms of it's usage on an anonymous forum it isn't fair or practical for mods to guess at the context it's being used in.
Oh, believe me. I do not advocate using it at all. I am just trying to figure out the hurtful part.

tgards79
11-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Wut happened to they parents?Father left after childbirth. Mother is a crack addict.

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Father left after childbirth. Mother is a crack addict.
All of them?

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 11:34 AM
All of them?

So all I have to do is say my mom is/was a crack addict then I get a bunch of easy exemptions?

Awesome!

... wait, I'm white.

Oh well...

:biglaugh:

tgards79
11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
So all I have to do is say my mom is/was a crack addict then I get a bunch of easy exemptions?

Awesome!

... wait, I'm white.

Oh well...

:biglaugh:And aggressively stupid. Tons of white people at DSS.

nic34
11-04-2014, 11:47 AM
I hope republicans win everything in 2014 so when they fail to do anything, or just waste money and time trying to get Obama, everyone will know who to blame.

Good times.....

tgards79
11-04-2014, 11:47 AM

Awesome!

... wait, I'm white.

Oh well...

:biglaugh:
You are too stupid to bother with. Please stop posting, you may be contagious.

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:52 AM
I hope republicans win everything in 2014 so when they fail to do anything, or just waste money and time trying to get Obama, everyone will know who to blame.

Good times.....
Verrrrry very gracious!

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 11:55 AM

The ignore button is your friend.

It helps you stay peaceful in your happy place far, far away from reality.

A place where you get laid a lot, everyone loves you and everyone is equal.

Adelaide
11-04-2014, 12:02 PM

tgard79 has been thread banned from this thread. Everyone else: a warning was posted. No insults or personal attacks.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm not opposed to requiring ID to vote. What I am opposed to is wasting time and money passing laws requiring voter ID when nobody seems able to tell me where these voting precincts are that DON'T require you to show ID to vote already. Near as I can tell, everyone all over the country already shows ID to vote, so there's no reason at all, zero reason, to waste time and money passing useless, feel-good legislation to mandate something that is already mandated.

It's like passing a law requiring everyone to breathe.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 12:29 PM
if anyone were interested in making EVERYONE have valid ID, we would hear a lot more about absentee voting. The lack of interest in a method of voting that usually benefits one party over the other proves (to me, anyway) that this is all just another dirty political trick. as usual...more wasted money, hot air while anything that actually needs attention goes lacking.

Cigar
11-04-2014, 12:33 PM
if anyone were interested in making EVERYONE have valid ID, we would hear a lot more about absentee voting. The lack of interest in a method of voting that usually benefits one party over the other proves (to me, anyway) that this is all just another dirty political trick. as usual...more wasted money, hot air while anything that actually needs attention goes lacking.

When can't Win Fair and Square ... Cheat :laugh:

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm not opposed to requiring ID to vote. What I am opposed to is wasting time and money passing laws requiring voter ID when nobody seems able to tell me where these voting precincts are that DON'T require you to show ID to vote already. Near as I can tell, everyone all over the country already shows ID to vote, so there's no reason at all, zero reason, to waste time and money passing useless, feel-good legislation to mandate something that is already mandated.

It's like passing a law requiring everyone to breathe.

I have never once had to show my ID to vote...

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 01:01 PM

me neither...until last year. Alabama & Mississippi both offered $$ to anyone reporting voter fraud. We have heard nothing about anyone collecting the bounty. I'm sure we will...when it happens.

Matty
11-04-2014, 01:04 PM
I show mine every time! It's not that hard really! Democrats make every thing so flicking hard. Voter ID makes digging up the dead harder I know.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Really? I've voted in three separate states and had to show ID each time.

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Really? I've voted in three separate states and had to show ID each time.

I can only speak for Maryland, but yes, I have voted in every election since 1995 and have never been asked to show ID.

Venus

I have to show something. An id is the easiest.

The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on Election Day include:

An unexpired Ohio driver’s license or state identification card with present or former address so long as the voter’s present residential address is printed in the official list of registered voters for that precinct;
A military identification;
A photo identification that was issued by the United States government or the State of Ohio, that contains the voter’s name and current address and that has an expiration date that has not passed;
An original or copy of a current utility bill with the voter’s name and present address;
An original or copy of a current bank statement with the voter’s name and present address;
An original or copy of a current government check with the voter’s name and present address;
An original or copy of a current paycheck with the voter’s name and present address; or
An original or copy of a current other government document (other than a notice of voter registration mailed by a board of elections) that shows the voter’s name and present address.

PolWatch
We just walked in, gave them our name & address, they marked our names off & we voted...until last year. Sadly, I noticed that they just glanced at our ID, but they paid closer attention to the black couple in the next line...another husband & wife...same age group. Pardon me if I draw conclusions from that, but...

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 01:09 PM
We just walked in, gave them our name & address, they marked our names off & we voted...until last year. Sadly, I noticed that they just glanced at our ID, but they paid closer attention to the black couple in the next line...another husband & wife...same age group. Pardon me if I draw conclusions from that, but...

Maybe they knew you and not that other couple.

I really think the paranoia over voter fraud and discrimination is way overblown.

Have a policy to ask for ID, make it uniform and across the system and move on.

This is all much ado about nothing.

Ravens Fan
11-04-2014, 01:09 PM

That's all I did. Give my name, address and DOB.

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I show mine every time! It's not that hard really! Democrats make every thing so flicking hard. Voter ID makes digging up the dead harder I know.
Can you take your pointy claw and show where he said it was hard? All he said was he didnt do it.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Maybe they knew you and not that other couple.

I really think the paranoia over voter fraud and discrimination is way overblown.

Have a policy to ask for ID, make it uniform and across the system and move on.

This is all much ado about nothing.

for the most part, I agree. If I really believed it was simply a way to make our system work better & more efficiently, I'd be all for it. But (natch), I don't think improved voting is the goal...I really think it is trying to target certain segments of the voting public. Maybe its because I remember voting in the 60's, poll taxes & other methods used to restrict minority voting....I don't know. If it really were about making voting procedures more accurate, every state would be using new rules for absentee voters. They aren't. Who (generally) gets the most votes by absentee voters?

Matty
11-04-2014, 01:27 PM
for the most part, I agree. If I really believed it was simply a way to make our system work better & more efficiently, I'd be all for it. But (natch), I don't think improved voting is the goal...I really think it is trying to target certain segments of the voting public. Maybe its because I remember voting in the 60's, poll taxes & other methods used to restrict minority voting....I don't know. If it really were about making voting procedures more accurate, every state would be using new rules for absentee voters. They aren't. Who (generally) gets the most votes by absentee voters?

Democrat rat talking point noted.

Matty
11-04-2014, 01:29 PM

If therewere no absentee ballots you would dis enfranchise the military deployed. Of course that be fine with you because you know military goes Republican. :)

Captain Obvious

I don't agree.

Pretty much anything we do from registering our cars, buying property, fishing licenses, anything like that requires a proof of ID.

So is requiring that I show ID when I buy my fishing licenses racially discriminatory?

The argument really is ridiculous when you break it down.

Captain Obvious
Matalese - is this what you mean by insulting?

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 01:30 PM

Repub rat squeaking noted.

silvereyes
11-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Matalese - is this what you mean by insulting?

Pfffft. She has no filter.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Pfffft. She has no filter.

I'm just pointing to the pot who's calling kettles black around here.

Matty
11-04-2014, 01:32 PM
@Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796) - is this what you mean by insulting?
I do not think I mentioned insulting. I directly mentioned name calling. And I called no one a name.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 01:34 PM
I don't agree.

Pretty much anything we do from registering our cars, buying property, fishing licenses, anything like that requires a proof of ID.

So is requiring that I show ID when I buy my fishing licenses racially discriminatory?

The argument really is ridiculous when you break it down.

how often was getting a fishing license used as an opportunity to discriminate against one race or another in the past? We can't disregard history...or I can't. Do you think it ridiculous to pretend that discrimination never existed? I don't think its as bad (or open) as the past. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive because I lived then & now in an area noted for such behavior...who knows? Like I said, make all voting require increased proof & I'm with the program...don't pick & choose who needs to prove who they are.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 01:36 PM
how often was getting a fishing license used as an opportunity to discriminate against one race or another in the past? We can't disregard history...or I can't. Do you think it ridiculous to pretend that discrimination never existed? I don't think its as bad (or open) as the past. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive because I lived then & now in an area noted for such behavior...who knows? Like I said, make all voting require increased proof & I'm with the program...don't pick & choose who needs to prove who they are.

Irrelevant.

Common sense dictates that virtually anything you do in the legal world requires proof of ID.

The fact that voting or voting issues may have been used to discriminate doesn't or shouldn't exempt this process.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 01:36 PM
If therewere no absentee ballots you would dis enfranchise the military deployed. Of course that be fine with you because you know military goes Republican. :)

like I said, prove who you are before you vote....no matter who or how you vote & I'm behind ya. Its not a talking point...its consistency

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 01:37 PM

The point is absentee ballots are the most common source of fraud (and even then, it's limited), and voter ID won't affect absentee ballots.

Cigar
11-04-2014, 03:25 PM
I think this 2014 Election is a really good tril run for Voter Turnout, finalizing court battles and plenty of time for ID resolution for 2016

TrueBlue
11-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Yes of course. But what gerrymandered Americans also have to bear in mind if they are not rich is that by voting Republican they stand to lose much. Republicans have a penchant for immediately CUTTING important and vital services to the people who need them the most such as the elderly, retired, poor, minorities, the disabled, those who are ill, and other groups. Services they have said they would target for Cuts or Privatization include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc. that people need to have. The right does not realize that many who receive those services are not able to work. If they were why would they want to resort to receiving a paltry sum when they could get a whole lot more by working? That's just it, they wouldn't be satisfied nor could they make it to pay all of their bills with the small amount the state or Federal government pays out. But of course Republicans want reductions to all those vital services for Americans so that they can turn around and give tax cuts to their rich constituents. Let's just call a spade a spade.

And that's what voting Americans have to be well aware of when they step into the voting booth of what they stand to LOSE by voting Republican. After all, what has the right done to help all of those aforementioned groups? Nothing. At least Democrats care enough about them so as not to throw them under the bus and have given them opportunities to advance with many work programs. By comparison, what have the Republicans done except step in and be obstructionists and of course each time they take over Congress we all end up losing and paying heavily by reverting to the failed policies of the past. And THAT is what the voters need to be well aware of before casting their vote.

Animal Mother
11-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes of course. But what gerrymandered Americans also have to bear in mind if they are not rich is that by voting Republican they stand to lose much. Republicans have a penchant for immediately CUTTING important and vital services to the people who need them the most such as the elderly, retired, poor, minorities, the disabled, those who are ill, and other groups. Services they have said they would target for Cuts or Privatization include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc. that people need to have. The right does not realize that many who receive those services are not able to work. If they were why would they want to resort to receiving a paltry sum when they could get a whole lot more by working? That's just it, they wouldn't be satisfied nor could they make it to pay all of their bills with the small amount the state or Federal government pays out. But of course Republicans want reductions to all those vital services for Americans so that they can turn around and give tax cuts to their rich constituents. Let's just call a spade a spade.

And that's what voting Americans have to be well aware of when they step into the voting booth of what they stand to LOSE by voting Republican. After all, what has the right done to help all of those aforementioned groups? Nothing. At least Democrats care enough about them so as not to throw them under the bus and have given them opportunities to advance with many work programs. By comparison, what have the Republicans done except step in and be obstructionists and of course each time they take over Congress we all end up losing and paying heavily by reverting to the failed policies of the past. And THAT is what the voters need to be well aware of before casting their vote.

lol, is that koolaid grape flavored? It would explain you drinking so much of it.

There isn't Democrats and Republicans. It's a single party and if you don't get that yet get out of our way. Young people are done with this shit.

TrueBlue
11-04-2014, 03:57 PM
lol, is that koolaid grape flavored? It would explain you drinking so much of it.

There isn't Democrats and Republicans. It's a single party and if you don't get that yet get out of our way. Young people are done with this $#@!.
What your side is feeding Americans is far worse than the drink you mentioned. What is it that You all are drinking by the way?
Young people remain "young" for only so much time as we live in a fast-moving world. Then it's time to face reality and the need to collect on the services they have all paid for during their working years through their taxes that they would then be fully entitled to. That is a Fact of life that Republicans don't care to acknowledge and those too complacent and fickle to figure it out unfortunately end up paying the price later on when they come of age.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:08 PM

In America there is always hope if the person is willing to try.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Like I said, make all voting require increased proof & I'm with the program...don't pick & choose who needs to prove who they are.

Voter I'd does apply to everyone.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Voter I'd does apply to everyone.

nope...only 9 states require a copy of id be sent with absentee ballot. You don't have to prove anything in the other states. You can get an absentee ballot & vote using one without anyone examining your id.

http://www.longdistancevoter.org/2014-voter-id-laws#.VFlCgMmb-UE

TrueBlue
11-04-2014, 04:54 PM
In America there is always hope if the person is willing to try.
The fact of the matter is that they Are trying. However, there are many times when employers will simply not hire them and then what? They might go to work flipping hamburgers somewhere for minimum wage and not even be able to make it in order to pay all of their bills and support their family and that is why many have to get a second and even third job IF it's available. But many times it isn't. And then what?

The scenario is simply this. Yes we are all young right now but we won't be forever and the time is coming when we will surely join our parents and grandparents age-wise and would like to have the security of being able to collect benefits we have worked so hard for all of our life that when we are in our golden years we are rightfully deserving of. But the picture is far from rosy for those who are denigrated and discriminated against due to the color of their skin and cannot obtain a good job as they would like. What do they do then? No, they are not lazy. They are trying but society has unfortunately given them the short end of the stick through no fault of their own. Have you seen the lines of people standing and ready to work? But how many truly are offered any jobs? So, you need to step back from the comfort of your own home and status and step a moment into their shoes to see what it is really like for the poor Black young person. I doubt you would care to know because you apparently have already pre-condemned them all as being lazy but if you did care, if you had just an ounce of compassion you would be able to feel their desperation and hopelessness that fortunately for you you may never ever get to know. Then you would understand.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 05:09 PM
nope...only 9 states require a copy of id be sent with absentee ballot. You don't have to prove anything in the other states. You can get an absentee ballot & vote using one without anyone examining your id.

http://www.longdistancevoter.org/2014-voter-id-laws#.VFlCgMmb-UE

The election laws differ in every state in different ways.

requiring picture I'd is just one of many differences.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 05:14 PM
you missed the point. There has been no (or little) conversation about revising the laws for absentee voting because it usually benefits the party calling the loudest for ID reform...repub. When they address this, I will believe their efforts are a genuine effort...until then, its politics...nothing more.

Alyosha
11-04-2014, 05:15 PM
you missed the point. There has been no (or little) conversation about revising the laws for absentee voting because it usually benefits the party calling the loudest for ID reform...repub. When they address this, I will believe their efforts are a genuine effort...until then, its politics...nothing more.

Exactly. Absentee means the military who traditionally voted Republican. They won't touch that one.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 05:19 PM
I have no prob with having to show an ID, I just think if some of us have to, then all of us need to have the same requirements....if it is really about stopping this massive voter fraud prob. I'm still waiting to hear when Ala & Miss will award the bounties they offered for anyone who reported voter fraud...last year.

Matty
11-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Exactly. Absentee means the military who traditionally voted Republican. They won't touch that one.
We could set up voting booths overseas I suppose. It would be easily solved.

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 12:11 AM

Actually I suspect dems are just as busy cheating through absentee ballots as they are on Election Day at the polling places.

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Win New Hampshire, North Carolina, Kansas and Alaska.
Lose Iowa and Colorado.
That makes it 49-49.
Then fight like hell to win one of the run offs.
Check it out: http://www.borntorunthenumbers.com/2014/11/final-election-2014-projections-for.html

How'd that work out for ya?

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 05:29 AM

Those are true absentee voters.

They are not the same as some lazy asshole who just does not feel like standing in line.

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 07:56 AM

Of course I will.