PDA

View Full Version : Obama loses his base as broken promises breed disillusioned Democrats

Professor Peabody
11-04-2014, 03:52 AM
Obama loses his base as broken promises breed disillusioned Democrats Enthusiasm gap favors GOP as women, minorities, young voters feel let down by president By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Updated: 8:03 p.m. on Monday, November 3, 2014 As voters cast their final verdict on President Obama Tuesday, Democratic hope has changed to frustration. The president isn’t on the ballot, although he insists, with poorly timed pride, that the midterm election is a referendum on his agenda. Democratic candidates who are trying to keep control of the Senate hope voters aren’t listening to him. The election finds Mr. Obama near his lowest job approval rating and leaking support from almost every part of his original winning 2008 coalition: women, minorities and young voters. More than two out of three voters now believe the nation is on the wrong track. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/3/obama-loses-his-base-as-broken-promises-breed-disi/ No promise broken will come home win as dramatic a fashion like immigration which will be the equivalent of the Pigeon's returning to Crapistrano. In 2008 Obama promised Latino's he would address amnesty in his first year in office if they would vote for him. They DID, he DIDN'T. In fact the Democrats ignored Immigration Reform (Amnesty) the whole time they had a large enough majority to do something about it, waiting till 8 days before they were out of control of the House and down 6 seats in the Senate to even bring it up. I hope Latino's remember that while voting.....OR NOT....today! If the Democrats were serious about Amnesty, it would have been done already to get you out to the polls today. If you decide to vote for Democrats today, do so with this in mind........Be ready to hear every excuse under the sun why they can't after they lose big or win big today. They obviously believe you vote more and Democrat as they dangle a carrot in front of you rather than actually give it to you.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:36 AM
I don't think Obama has lost his base.

perhaps they are ashamed to be associated with him publicly and become "independents" for the duration of his time remaining in office.

but they remain loyal to his ideology.

and after the midterms they will support him every time he pushes the wipe every nose lib agenda.

Common
11-04-2014, 04:39 AM
Obama has lost alot of his base personally, they are totally disappointed in Obama, but they arent going to abandon him because the alternative is Boehner and Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and long long list of nutjobs. :)

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Obama has lost alot of his base personally, they are totally disappointed in Obama, but they arent going to abandon him because the alternative is Boehner and Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and long long list of nutjobs. :)

Boehner is a Washington sellout.

rand Paul is a libertarian.

And Ted Cruz is not a nut.

Common
11-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Boehner is a Washington sellout.

rand Paul is a libertarian.

And Ted Cruz is not a nut.

I submit that Ted Cruz, the cuban canadian cowboy is the consumate nut

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
I submit that Ted Cruz, the cuban canadian cowboy is the consumate nut

Because he does not want to spend more money than we take in, for instance?

on every issue I can think of Ted Cruz is the voice of reason.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 08:48 AM
His core supporters have abandoned him, this is why Democrats are staying at arms length today.

Really the black community is his only core supporter that's still behind him for the most part because the O'bama has still maintained his blackness and that's the only reason the black community supported him for the most part.

Progressives have virtually abandoned him.

Common
11-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Because he does not want to spend more money than we take in, for instance?

on every issue I can think of Ted Cruz is the voice of reason.

Know what I am not going back and look for all the Lunatic things cruz has done and said.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Know what I am not going back and look for all the Lunatic things cruz has done and said.

You won't need to look far.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 08:56 AM
yeap, I don't think bho will win re-election today. I think the repubs will make gains. I also think the repub gains are more due to disgust with the current representatives and they are voting to change something. Its the same voting pattern that got bho elected in the first place. If you are unhappy with what is/was going on...you vote for change...whoever it takes.

Winning a majority might not be so good for repubs now. That means that in 2016 they will have a lot of people looking to see how their wonderful, majority rule has been. This year, they used a double whammy: bho & senate. 2016...who will they blame for what's wrong? (and there will be something)

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 09:25 AM

You can't find one so don't waste your time looking.