PDA

View Full Version : Election day chicanery by Rick Scott and his henchmen in Florida

Bo-4
11-04-2014, 11:08 AM
I think it's safe to say that we can count on the following:

Long lines (which caused 201,000 folks to give up in 2012)
Purged voter rolls that turn away thousands who have a legitimate right to vote
Phony roadblocks around minority neighborhoods
Ballot shortages

And Rick will give it his best Monty Burns when the Secretary of State tells him that all is going to plan --- EXCELLENT! :D

Matty
11-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Henchmen! Roflmao. You sure have your hysteria panties in a wad today.

Bo-4
11-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Henchmen! Roflmao. You sure have your hysteria panties in a wad today.

You hadn't heard that Rick Scott was a criminal? Take it from his old Republican pal ;-)

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/hca-whistleblower-revives-claim-that-scott-knew-of-fraud/2200916

Captain Obvious
11-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Let the demonization begin!

hanger4
11-04-2014, 11:49 AM
You hadn't heard that Rick Scott was a criminal? Take it from his old Republican pal ;-)

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/hca-whistleblower-revives-claim-that-scott-knew-of-fraud/2200916

No charges filed yet a criminal he is. You go bo LOL

Bo-4
11-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Yeah, he bailed out of there just in time and the company plead guilty to criminal charges and paid 1.7 BILLION in fines?

Scott’s hospital company, Columbia/HCA, pleaded guilty to criminal charges and paid a total of $1.7 billion in fines related to Medicare fraud. Even though Scott had resigned by the time the case settled, prosecutors said the widespread fraud occurred while he was at the helm.

But you're asserting that as CEO, Rick knew NOTHING?

RRRight. ;-)

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/nov/02/priorities-usa-action/mitt-romney-and-rick-scott-both-have-medicare-frau/

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:02 PM

He's a politician. He's guilty of something, count on it. All of them are.

Bo-4
11-04-2014, 12:13 PM
He's a politician. He's guilty of something, count on it. All of them are.

My favorite Rick Trick was when he demanded that all welfare recipients get drug tested at a cost of tens of millions of taxpayer dollars. They were then led to the chain of drug testing clinics owned by his wife, and the rate of positive tests came in at 1% (the general population tests at 2%)

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:30 PM
My favorite Rick Trick was when he demanded that all welfare recipients get drug tested at a cost of tens of millions of taxpayer dollars. They were then led to the chain of drug testing clinics owned by his wife, and the rate of positive tests came in at 1% (the general population tests at 2%)

Yeah, my state government was surprised when they instituted drug testing for welfare and got almost no positive results.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, my state government was surprised when they instituted drug testing for welfare and got almost no positive results.

I have to ask...did they make as big an issue of the results as they did of the issue of requiring testing?

Bo-4
11-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Poor people can't afford drugs like the middle and upper middle classes can. Yep, that little escapade was a real scam.. but Rick and his wife are making a zesty profit ... so they don't care.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I have to ask...did they make as big an issue of the results as they did of the issue of requiring testing?

To my knowledge, they didn't make a big stink either way. They just said, "Hey, let's require drug testing for welfare." Passed the bill, looked at the results, gave a collective, "Huh."

Matty
11-04-2014, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=Green Arrow;823883]Yeah, my state government was surprised when they instituted drug testing for welfare and got almost no positive results.[/QUOTEof course they got no positive results. Do you think drug users are that stupid? Unless you watch a person pee you have no way of knowing whose urine you are testing.

del
11-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah, my state government was surprised when they instituted drug testing for welfare and got almost no positive results.of course they got no positive results. Do you think drug users are that stupid? Unless you watch a person pee you have no way of knowing whose urine you are testing.

did they mail it in?

how stupid is scott if he couldn't set up a valid fucking drug test? lol

Matty
11-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Working people should not be tested either.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:41 PM
of course they got no positive results. Do you think drug users are that stupid? Unless you watch a person pee you have no way of knowing whose urine you are testing.

Do you think the state government, run by a supermajority of Republicans, is stupid? Any time I've been drug tested, I was sent into the bathroom by myself and the door was guarded. It would have been impossible for me to use someone else's pee.

Bo-4
11-04-2014, 12:42 PM
did they mail it in?

how stupid is scott if he couldn't set up a valid fucking drug test? lol

Rick isn't stupid.. just super-creepy.

Matty
11-04-2014, 12:42 PM
did they mail it in?

how stupid is scott if he couldn't set up a valid $#@!ing drug test? lol

I think they lost the right to watch the person pee. The only fair thing to do now is to stop drug testing of all people. Even airplane pilots.

PolWatch
11-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Rick isn't stupid.. just super-creepy.

are you sure? he IS a politician...in Florida...just sayin

Matty
11-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Do you think the state government, run by a supermajority of Republicans, is stupid? Any time I've been drug tested, I was sent into the bathroom by myself and the door was guarded. It would have been impossible for me to use someone else's pee.
Did they search you before you went in?

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Did they search you before you went in?

Yep.

Calypso Jones
11-04-2014, 01:31 PM
from the amount of hysteria coming from the left, I have a feeling things are not going well for dems. Rick Scott...You attack RICK SCOTT when allegedly Crist is ahead?? LOLOL

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 01:42 AM

Ballot shortages

And Rick will give it his best Monty Burns when the Secretary of State tells him that all is going to plan --- EXCELLENT! :D

Crist lost.....get over it.

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 05:36 AM

Ballot shortages

The repubs need more Rick Scott's.

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Poor people can't afford drugs like the middle and upper middle classes can.

You're joking right? Cash is available from EBT cards.