PDA

View Full Version : Meet the New, Big-Spending GOP Senators! Same as the Old, Big-Spending GOP Senators?

Chris
11-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Think anything is going to change? Meet the new big spenders.

Meet the New, Big-Spending GOP Senators! Same as the Old, Big-Spending GOP Senators? (http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/04/meet-the-new-big-spending-gop-senators-s)

If election prognosticators are correct, the Republican Party is likely to take control of the Senate.

So how is that likely to influence federal policy on spending, debt, and cronyism?

Meet your potential new bosses, then. Same as the old ones.

Dan Sullivan, Alaska...

Tom Cotton, Arkansas...

Cory Gardner, Colorado...

Joni Ernst, Iowa...

Bill Cassidy, Louisiana...

Steve Daines, Montana...

Thom Tillis, North Carolina...

Mike Rounds, South Dakota...

Shelley Capito, West Virginia...

The bottom line is that anyone who is hoping that a GOP takeover will bring small government to town will be deeply disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_SWP3qI7Rg

del
11-04-2014, 08:52 PM
i'd like to see joni ernst juggle pig balls while fillibustering

otherwise, no change to speak of-ssdd

Common
11-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Chris nothing is going to bring small govt. The RICH and WALL STREET do not want smaller govt they want YOUR tax money to do with what they wish.

You and I both will go to the grave with big govt.

Chris
11-04-2014, 08:56 PM
i'd like to see joni ernst juggle pig balls while fillibustering

otherwise, no change to speak of-ssdd

Oh , yea, this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Y24MFOfFU

Chris
11-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Chris nothing is going to bring small govt. The RICH and WALL STREET do not want smaller govt they want YOUR tax money to do with what they wish.

Your politicians don't want it. They want big government. It means power. And they will sell us out to attain and retain power. --I'll bet you think government is the solution.

Common
11-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Your politicians don't want it. They want big government. It means power. And they will sell us out to attain and retain power. --I'll bet you think government is the solution.

Neither do yours. Yours spout they do and do the opposite just like ole W. Stop the con job chris youre smart enough to know the right Politicians love big gov too its where THEIR bread is buttered.

Heres the deal chris if big gov gets you votes they vote for big gov. If the rich and powerful tell them they want big gov they vote for big gov. That covers democrats and the republicans.

Dont try to paint the rebublicans as the darlings of the republic and Like I told you libertarians never get more than 10% of the vote and mostly less. So like I told you Chris, you and I will be going to the grave with big govt, relax, get used to it, inhale it you may start to love it :)

Chris
11-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Neither do yours. Yours spout they do and do the opposite just like ole W. Stop the con job chris youre smart enough to know the right Politicians love big gov too its where THEIR bread is buttered.

Heres the deal chris if big gov gets you votes they vote for big gov. If the rich and powerful tell them they want big gov they vote for big gov. That covers democrats and the republicans.

Dont try to paint the rebublicans as the darlings of the republic and Like I told you libertarians never get more than 10% of the vote and mostly less. So like I told you Chris, you and I will be going to the grave with big govt, relax, get used to it, inhale it you may start to love it :)

Neither do my what? What are you talking about? What, you think I'm a Republican? What do you do, just make this stuff up so you can rant against it? I'm not a Republican, not even a Libertarian, I'm an anarchist.

If I were a Republican why would I post a thread about Republican big spenders? Think about that. Think, common.

The problem is the bigger government gets the more corrupt it is and the bigger target it is for rent seeking. That's true left and right, Dem and Rep. Where've you been?

Calypso Jones
11-04-2014, 09:33 PM

well yeah if you keep voting for democrats.

Common
11-04-2014, 09:42 PM
well yeah if you keep voting for democrats.

Read up it will clear it up for you

Blackrook
11-04-2014, 10:51 PM
This is stupid. If we keep condemning Republicans we will keep getting Democrats in power, who are much, much worse. This pessimism is self-fulfilling and it's the reason Obama was re-elected in 2012.

Cigar
11-04-2014, 10:53 PM
When you're given the Keys, people expect you to climb out of the Back Seat Driving position and start Driving the Car yourself :grin:

Blackrook
11-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Obama is in the driver seat and he's thrown Congress and the American people out of the car, and invited millions of illegal aliens in.

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, and I don't think there's any currently serving politician Iagree with 100%. So, I'm forced to look at my top five issues and see who aligns best with my stance on those issues.

In one case at least, that of Mark Udall (D) and Cory Gardner (R) in Colorado, I know that Gardner gets an F on my number one issue and Udall gets an A. Unfortunately, Udall lost.

Blackrook
11-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Udall is an abortion that should have happened.

Cigar
11-04-2014, 11:00 PM
:grin: I'm sure his mother likes him

Chris
11-04-2014, 11:01 PM
This is stupid. If we keep condemning Republicans we will keep getting Democrats in power, who are much, much worse. This pessimism is self-fulfilling and it's the reason Obama was re-elected in 2012.

Yet those Reps listed in the OP are big spending big government Reps. What's the difference between them and big spending big government Dems?

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Read up it will clear it up for you

the Tea Party uprising against big government was rejected by independent libs who would rather sit on the sidelines and complain than fix things.

Mac-7
11-04-2014, 11:48 PM
I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, and I don't think there's any currently serving politician Iagree with 100%. So, I'm forced to look at my top five issues and see who aligns best with my stance on those issues.

In one case at least, that of Mark Udall (D) and Cory Gardner (R) in Colorado, I know that Gardner gets an F on my number one issue and Udall gets an A. Unfortunately, Udall lost.

What is your #1 issue?

Green Arrow
11-04-2014, 11:59 PM
What is your #1 issue?

Civil liberties. Meaning, opposition to spying, the NDAA, the PATRIOT Act, police militarization, etc.

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Civil liberties. Meaning, opposition to spying, the NDAA, the PATRIOT Act, police militarization, etc.

I wont ask for #2 and #3 cause I doubt if they exist.

Green Arrow
11-05-2014, 12:48 AM
I wont ask for #2 and #3 cause I doubt if they exist.

Foreign policy and education reform.