PDA

View Full Version : well, i'm pretty happy with the outcome

del
11-05-2014, 01:36 AM
my guy for governor won, and three of the four ballot questions went my way.

pjohns
11-05-2014, 01:45 AM
All in all, it was a superb night for the GOP (which is to say, I was exceedingly pleased).

The only (rather minor) disappointment: Scott Brown was unable to upset Jeanne Shaheen in New Hampshire.

But I was very happy to see that Pat Roberts easily turned back a challenge from Greg Orman in Kansas.

And David Perdue's defeating Michelle Nunn in Georgia--without even the need for a December runoff--was quite a happy surprise.

Moreover, I was glad to see the governorships of Kansas, Wisconsin, and Florida taken by Sam Brownback, Scott Walker, and Rick Scott, respectively.

del
11-05-2014, 01:50 AM
i completely disagree with you, especially brown

most of the names you listed on the gop side are weasels, charlatans and loons, imo.

nevertheless, congratulations

we'll see how it plays out

Green Arrow
11-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Three out of four state constitutional amendments went my way. None of the candidates I voted for won except for the uncontested Republicans in my state legislature districts, but I didn't expect any of them to.

Redrose
11-05-2014, 03:10 AM
I'm pleased with the results tonight, disappointed Brown didn't win, I like him and his platform.
I do have a nagging feeling of morose hanging over me though. We all know politics is a filthy business. There are corrupt people running campaigns and leaking poisonous lies to the crooked media to elevate themselves by destroying their opponents.

The GOP finally has the Congress, it's been a long time, much damage has been done to this great land by some unscrupulous left wing tyrants. Some of the damage has yet to be felt, as with the ACA. Now that the GOP is in control of the Congress, I fear, no, I know the left will start to spread their poison that all that ails us is because the GOP is running the Congress. In the two years leading up to the next presidential election, much damage can be done to hurt the GOP's chances of winning the presidency. Easily lead, low information voters will eat up the poison dished out by the corrupt ones on the left, and many will decide to keep voting against the GOP because they will buy into the propaganda fed to them.

My hope to prevent this grim prediction from occuring is that the GOP works diligently to get their message out and start playing offense not defense politics.

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 05:55 AM

most of the names you listed on the gop side are weasels, charlatans and loons, imo.

But you think the dem they were running against was a good person?

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Three out of four state constitutional amendments went my way. None of the candidates I voted for won except for the uncontested Republicans in my state legislature districts, but I didn't expect any of them to.

Think of how unhappy you will be if unelected lib judges throw out your amendments.

Safety
11-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Now with all this foolishness over, we can get back to more serious topics here....like talking about southern food, finding bigfoot, and delicious shark fins. Oh, and whether or not Maryanne is a man.

Green Arrow
11-05-2014, 07:09 AM
Think of how unhappy you will be if unelected lib judges throw out your amendments.

Thanks to one of those amendments, our Tennessee judges will be elected judges. Federal judges will have no authority to throw out the other amendments except potentially the abortion one, which is why I voted against it. I knew if it passed, millions of Tennessee taxpayer dollars would end up being spent fighting unwinnable lawsuits.

Green Arrow
11-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Now with all this foolishness over, we can get back to more serious topics here....like talking about southern food, finding bigfoot, and delicious shark fins. Oh, and whether or not Maryanne is a man.

That's cute, you think it's all over now. Campaigning for control of the Senate is over, sure, but now the 2016 campaign begins.

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 07:30 AM

I live in California and I think Jerry Brown is a crazy old loon.

Chris
11-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Personally, I don't think the outcome of the election will result in a different political outcome. Government will continue to grow, government will continue to fail, soon enough it'll be time to elect the other guys again.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2014, 08:05 AM
But you think the dem they were running against was a good person?

Did they support abortion and big government like your candidate did?

Captain Obvious
11-05-2014, 08:05 AM

A-friggen-men

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Did they support abortion and big government like your candidate did?

Which candidate?

Captain Obvious
11-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Which candidate?

Which one? Do all your candidates support abortion and big government?

I see why you're a GOP supporter now.

:biglaugh:

I'll stick to supporting conservatism, thanks.

Mac-7
11-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Which one? Do all your candidates support abortion and big government?

I see why you're a GOP supporter now.

:biglaugh:

I'll stick to supporting conservatism, thanks.

Put a name to your question.

Blackrook
11-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Here in Nevada, Republicans swept all statewide offices, bumped off a Democratic Congressman, and took over both houses of the legislature for the first time since the Depression:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/elections/nevada-joins-big-red-wave

The Democrats stayed home, probably due to frustration with Obama and his failed agenda. We shall see how this works out in 2016.