PDA

View Full Version : US sends military aid to Yemen

Smartmouthwoman
05-24-2012, 08:56 AM
US Air Force delivers medical aid to Yemen after suicide bombing May 24, 2012, 03.56AM IST

WASHINGTON: The US Air Force (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/United-States-Air-Force) delivered emergency medical supplies to Sanaa on Wednesday to help treat Yemeni soldiers wounded in a suicide bombing that left 96 killed, officials said.

A US C-130 cargo plane carried more than 13,000 pounds (nearly six metric tonnes) of bandages, sutures, medications, intravenous fluids and other items to Yemen, the military's Central Command, which oversees forces in the Middle East region, said in a statement.

In Monday's attack, a suicide bomber clad in a soldier's uniform detonated explosives as Yemeni troops were rehearsing for a parade scheduled for Tuesday.

Al-Qaida's Yemen branch claimed responsibility for the attack.

more
(http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/US-Air-Force-delivers-medical-aid-to-Yemen-after-suicide-bombing/articleshow/13422523.cms)

Good ole USA... let's patch 'em up so they can get back to hating us & plotting our demise.

Goldie Locks
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I thought the war on terror was over. This suicide bomber must not have got the memo.

MMC
05-24-2012, 09:24 AM
I thought the war on terror was over. This suicide bomber must not have got the memo.

Yeah we have the incident up in a thread on it. Also we sent in Advisors prior to the bombing to assist in combat operations. Which myself think was used as a diversion to get whoever we had in AQ undercover.....out. The one that gave the heads up on the body-parts bomber.

This was a major strike by whomever. As none came out to take the credit. 96 killed 300 wounded. All Military Security. To top it off this group of Military Security belonged to Selah's Nephew. The Western Media has down-played the coverage.

Smartmouthwoman
05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
The guy who tried to blow up the highrise where I work was from Yemen, but was in the US on a student visa, working in a convenience store in the suburbs. Maybe we should just bring 'em all over here... then we could watch them a little closer.

roadmaster
05-24-2012, 01:12 PM

It's been going on long before we invaded. They will use children and women too.

Goldie Locks
05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
It's been going on long before we invaded. They will use children and women too.

Personally I don't care if they blow each other up, just not Americans.

roadmaster
05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Personally I don't care if they blow each other up, just not Americans.

Car bombs in other countries are common for these people. But yes, I agree with you.

MMC
05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Perhaps they should have left the land as it use to be. 2 Countries and not one. One ruled by Shia Arabs and the Other Ruled by Sunni Arabs.

RollingWave
05-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Aid deliveried in the form of

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/75/081131-F-7734Q-001.jpg/300px-081131-F-7734Q-001.jpg

? :grin:

Perhaps they should have left the land as it use to be. 2 Countries and not one. One ruled by Shia Arabs and the Other Ruled by Sunni Arabs.

it would be possible if the two doesn't live in very interwined patches. but since they do....

MMC
05-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Aid deliveried in the form of

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/75/081131-F-7734Q-001.jpg/300px-081131-F-7734Q-001.jpg

? :grin:

it would be possible if the two doesn't live in very interwined patches. but since they do....

Looks Like we may need to separate the Children with the Temper Tantrums. :wink: :evil:

waltky
12-13-2016, 02:06 AM
Child Malnutrition a huge problem in Yemen...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_omg.gif
UN Agency: Child Malnutrition at 'All-time High' in Yemen
December 12, 2016 — Hunger among Yemen's children has reached an "all-time high," with nearly 2.2 million in need of urgent care, the U.N. children's agency UNICEF said Monday.

At least 462,000 children suffer from severe acute malnutrition — meaning they are extremely underweight for their height — a drastic increase of almost 200 percent since 2014, UNICEF said. Saada governorate in the country's northwest has the world's highest stunting rates among children, affecting eight out of 10 in some areas, the U.N. agency said. Stunting — where a child is short for his or her age — is another sign of chronic malnourishment and has irreversible consequences for both physical health and cognitive function.

Other governorates — Hodeida, Taizz, Hajjah and Lahej — are also badly affected after 20 months of war. "Malnutrition in Yemen is at an all-time high and increasing," Meritxell Relano, UNICEF acting representative in Yemen, said in a statement. "The state of health of children in the Middle East's poorest country has never been as catastrophic as it is today," she added.

http://gdb.voanews.com/5BC71E38-37C7-498E-9942-AE511EDE6AFA_cx0_cy10_cw0_w250_r1_s_r1.jpg
A malnourished boy sits on a bed at a malnutrition treatment center in Sanaa, Yemen

A conflict between a Saudi Arabia-led coalition and the Iran-aligned Houthi group which controls much of northern Yemen, including Sana’a, has destroyed much of Yemen's infrastructure, killed more than 10,000 people and displaced millions. Even before the escalation of fighting in March last year, Yemen experienced widespread poverty, food shortages and a dearth of health services. Now Yemen's health system is on the verge of collapse, UNICEF said.

At least one child dies every 10 minutes in Yemen because of malnutrition, diarrhea, and respiratory tract infections, the agency said. Aid agencies say they have limited access to areas caught in the fighting. "We call on parties to the conflict to give us unhindered access to children in need across the country so we are able to deliver nutrition supplies, treat malnourished children and support Yemen's health services," Relano said.

http://www.voanews.com/a/child-malnutrition-all-time-high-yemen-un-agency-unicef/3633398.html

donttread
12-13-2016, 05:41 AM
US Air Force delivers medical aid to Yemen after suicide bombing

May 24, 2012, 03.56AM IST

WASHINGTON: The US Air Force (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/United-States-Air-Force) delivered emergency medical supplies to Sanaa on Wednesday to help treat Yemeni soldiers wounded in a suicide bombing that left 96 killed, officials said.

A US C-130 cargo plane carried more than 13,000 pounds (nearly six metric tonnes) of bandages, sutures, medications, intravenous fluids and other items to Yemen, the military's Central Command, which oversees forces in the Middle East region, said in a statement.

In Monday's attack, a suicide bomber clad in a soldier's uniform detonated explosives as Yemeni troops were rehearsing for a parade scheduled for Tuesday.

Al-Qaida's Yemen branch claimed responsibility for the attack.

more
(http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/US-Air-Force-delivers-medical-aid-to-Yemen-after-suicide-bombing/articleshow/13422523.cms)

Good ole USA... let's patch 'em up so they can get back to hating us & plotting our demise.

Hey, there's a simple solution. Give up the control games and get the hell out of the ME. But will we do that? Hell no, we're the puppetmaster after all.

donttread
12-13-2016, 05:43 AM
Yeah we have the incident up in a thread on it. Also we sent in Advisors prior to the bombing to assist in combat operations. Which myself think was used as a diversion to get whoever we had in AQ undercover.....out. The one that gave the heads up on the body-parts bomber.

This was a major strike by whomever. As none came out to take the credit. 96 killed 300 wounded. All Military Security. To top it off this group of Military Security belonged to Selah's Nephew. The Western Media has down-played the coverage.

Yet another front to fight on . Another country to destroy. Another useless faction to support. Our government can chase bad ideas for decades without any realistic evaluation of their "effectiveness" . Probably because the people pulling the strings aren't spending their money or putting their assess in harms way.

Dangermouse
12-13-2016, 06:06 AM
Yemen is a proxy war between Saudi and Iran Britain and the USA provide the Saudi weapons. Yemen provides the targets.

Ransom
12-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Yet another front to fight on . Another country to destroy. Another useless faction to support. Our government can chase bad ideas for decades without any realistic evaluation of their "effectiveness" . Probably because the people pulling the strings aren't spending their money or putting their assess in harms way.

This is Yemen. We haven't invaded. Nor occupied. Nor nation built. We've used the very "as surgical as possible" methods to go after al-Qaeda to include American Cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Making it clear why he was targeted.....oh by the way the US also acknowledges killing three other US citizens in Yemen including Awlaki's teenage son in "surgical strikes" that you are advocating in another thread. Your out both sides of your mouth skills are unequaled here.

Oops

donttread
12-14-2016, 07:01 AM
Yemen is a proxy war between Saudi and Iran Britain and the USA provide the Saudi weapons. Yemen provides the targets.

So let the super rich Saudis develop their own weapons.

donttread
12-14-2016, 07:02 AM
This is Yemen. We haven't invaded. Nor occupied. Nor nation built. We've used the very "as surgical as possible" methods to go after al-Qaeda to include American Cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Making it clear why he was targeted.....oh by the way the US also acknowledges killing three other US citizens in Yemen including Awlaki's teenage son in "surgical strikes" that you are advocating in another thread. Your out both sides of your mouth skills are unequaled here.

Oops

I'll bet you thought we really intended to stop at "advisors" in Nam too? LMAO

Ransom
12-14-2016, 07:33 AM

You're tying out both sides of your keyboard, I'm merely pointing out your random and two faced argument. On the one hand these strikes create more terrorists than they kill, on another site you're advocating we strike.....but make it clear to those bombed whose fault it is. Once they're convinced that the American drone with it's hellfire and reaper missile strikes from remote are the fault of their own countrymen.

Do you even read your own nonsense? Go back and actually decipher with you've written. It's out of both sides of your mouth at the same time.

And that sir....is a flag and a 15 yard penalty. No worries though, I'm currently being flagged for excessive celebration, spiking the ball on your error.

Ransom
12-14-2016, 09:13 AM
I'll take that bet. Vietnam a lesson on geopolitics as well. The politics especially. Vietnam became known as "Nixon's War", President Nixon takes office with nearly half a million American troops in Vietnam.

you can read in your spare time.

donttread
12-14-2016, 08:00 PM
You're tying out both sides of your keyboard, I'm merely pointing out your random and two faced argument. On the one hand these strikes create more terrorists than they kill, on another site you're advocating we strike.....but make it clear to those bombed whose fault it is. Once they're convinced that the American drone with it's hellfire and reaper missile strikes from remote are the fault of their own countrymen.

Do you even read your own nonsense? Go back and actually decipher with you've written. It's out of both sides of your mouth at the same time.

And that sir....is a flag and a 15 yard penalty. No worries though, I'm currently being flagged for excessive celebration, spiking the ball on your error.

I've explained the difference. Peter has explained the difference. I no longer care what neocon fantasies you choose to believe. But justified proportional strikes against those who ATTACK US ( not against anyone who ever attacked anyone) will cause less hatred than running coups, occupying nations and "forced freedom".
Go to your hobby room and play with your WW 2 Army men.

Ivan88
12-14-2016, 08:41 PM
The People of Yemen kicked out the US backed puppet regime. Since then, the US has been subsidizing the Saudi war on the Yemen People, in the same fashion that the US wages war.....bomb the unarmed people, destroy their food, homes, hospitals, water, safety etc.
There would be no war in Yemen if the USA were not aiding and abetting the criminals attacking Yemen.

The US deliberately destroyed Somalia too.....and the Congo, Libya, Rhwanda and other African countries.

Many posters are desperate to hang on to their comfortable lies that the US is some great high priest of peace and freedom. So sorry to smash your illusions.
Take a listen to Marine Corps Brigadier General Smedley Butler on what's been going on since before 1900 A.D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_EXqJ8f-0

Dangermouse
12-14-2016, 08:45 PM
So let the super rich Saudis develop their own weapons.

Why bother, they pay minions to do that stuff.

Ransom
12-15-2016, 09:58 AM
I've explained the difference. Peter has explained the difference. I no longer care what neocon fantasies you choose to believe. But justified proportional strikes against those who ATTACK US ( not against anyone who ever attacked anyone) will cause less hatred than running coups, occupying nations and "forced freedom".
Go to your hobby room and play with your WW 2 Army men.

Justified proportional strikes can be only so surgical and result in massive civilian death....and yet you advocate such strikes as long as you personally feel it is justified. And you do further advocate massive intervention as you're stating concerning Kuwait in 1990.

Pick a f'n argument, how about that?

And hold on....did you just say "Peter has explained the difference."

Wait for it.....

:biglaugh:

Now I don't care who you are.....that's f'n funny.

Tahuyaman
12-15-2016, 11:17 AM
US sends military aid to Yemen

US Air Force delivers medical aid to Yemen after suicide bombing

May 24, 2012, 03.56AM IST

The thread title is a little misleading. It appears that we aren't sending military aid, but using the military to deliver medical aid. There's a very substantial difference to be pointed out there.

donttread
12-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Justified proportional strikes can be only so surgical and result in massive civilian death....and yet you advocate such strikes as long as you personally feel it is justified. And you do further advocate massive intervention as you're stating concerning Kuwait in 1990.

Wait for it.....

Is there some kind of diconnect going on in your mind? Sometimes that stuff is treatable. Did you used to have a different personality and be able to make actual points? But then you fell and hit your head? Mouthed off in a bar and got nailed ? Head hit the windshield in a fender bender? Football or motorcycle riding without a helmet perhaps.?

We need to retailate when we are directly hit and if done correctly , ad oh here's an important piece IF DONE TO THE RIGHT COUNTRY OR FACTION it will create less hatred than our all controlling behavior of late. That should be simple for you to understand yet you keep repeating the same flawed "logic " connections despite having it explained to you over and over and over. Seriously, see a doctor!
BTW, I never said I "advocated massive intervention" I simply said that Dessert Storm was one of the few successful interventions we've participated in , in our lifetime .

donttread
12-15-2016, 08:10 PM

Wait for it.....

Is there some kind of diconnect going on in your mind? Sometimes that stuff is treatable. Did you used to have a different personality and be able to make actual points? But then you fell and hit your head? Mouthed off in a bar and got nailed ? Head hit the windshield in a fender bender? Football or motorcycle riding without a helmet perhaps.?

We need to retailate when we are directly hit and if done correctly , ad oh here's an important piece IF DONE TO THE RIGHT COUNTRY OR FACTION it will create less hatred than our all controlling behavior of late. That should be simple for you to understand yet you keep repeating the same flawed "logic " connections despite having it explained to you over and over and over. Seriously, see a doctor!
BTW, I never said I "advocated massive intervention" I simply said that Dessert Storm was one of the few successful interventions we've participated in , in our lifetime . The fact that it did not involve occupation or nation building is no coincidence.

Ransom
12-15-2016, 08:21 PM

BTW, I never said I "advocated massive intervention" I simply said that Dessert Storm was one of the few successful interventions we've participated in , in our lifetime . The fact that it did not involve occupation or nation building is no coincidence.

It's not Dessert Storm. You're telling me all about how successful it was, you don't even know how to f'n spell it.

For the love of God, spare me.....Chief. :biglaugh: