PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare ~ What it means for an (R) controlled Senate and what it doesn't

exotix
11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Today

http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/what-a-republican-senate-means-for-obamacare-and-what-it-doesn-t-20141105

Because Republicans lack the 60 seats needed to beat a Democratic filibuster, McConnell can't force a vote on a simple, straightforward repeal Bill

Republicans won a Senate majority in part by pledging to repeal Obamacare.

Now they have to figure out what to do instead.

Mitch McConnell, soon to be the Senate majority leader, has to strike a somewhat delicate balance on the 2010 health care law: satisfy the conservative base, as well as senators who campaigned on repeal, without appearing to use the GOP's total control of Congress solely to throw stones at the past.

His critics on both sides will make life difficult: Some conservatives still won't accept anything short of the impossible, but the GOP won't be well positioned for 2016 if it can't convince voters that it is more than the anti-Obamacare party.

Still, a plan to strike that balance is already taking shape.

The first part of the plan is a symbolic effort for full repeal, and a push that—many GOP operatives expect—McConnell and company will push forward as far as possible.

McConnell right now pleading for Agreement from his lunatic tea party constituency.

http://i59.tinypic.com/4ujdk1.jpg

momsapplepie
11-05-2014, 02:21 PM
LOL! enough dums were running from Obama to get the votes they needed last nite. Didn't work out too well for them did it?. Any dum who hitches their wagon to Obama anymore is looking at the unemployment lines in two years!

exotix
11-05-2014, 02:23 PM
LOL! enough dums were running from Obama to get the votes they needed last nite. Didn't work out too well for them did it?. Any dum who hitches their wagon to Obama anymore is looking at the unemployment lines in two years!
Are you watching McConnell right now ?

I swear he sounds like Obamas' friend now ... Man O Man .. LOL

Cigar
11-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Doesn't matter ... it would get Voted anyway.

Expect another 300 some Bills with defending ACA riders :rollseyes:

I'll do what McConnell going to go, trust but verify.

So we'll see if he's serious or not.

momsapplepie
11-05-2014, 02:25 PM
He has a working relationship with Obama, that is something we should hope for, correct? Do you want to move forward or not?

PolWatch
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
He has a working relationship with Obama, that is something we should hope for, correct? Do you want to move forward or not?

that would be the only route to progress, however, considering the last 15 years and the rhetoric of the recent campaign, what are the odds?

exotix
11-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Well, he just stated that the GOP govt.-shut-down-default crisis was a big mistake ... really .. he just said that ...

AUGUST 3, 2011

“I think some of our members may have thought the default issue was a hostage you might take a chance at shooting,” he said.
“Most of us didn’t think that.
What we did learn is this — it’s a hostage that’s worth ransoming.
And it focuses the Congress on something that must be done.”

~ Mitch McConnell who lead the charge to default on Americas' debt & credit obligations and *negotiated* $2 Billion to his state of Kentucky to prevent a possible global economic collapse.

http://i62.tinypic.com/t8ai48.jpg

exotix
11-05-2014, 02:34 PM
What ?

McConnell just concluded with *A Divided Govt. is Productive* ?

Matty
11-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Doesn't matter ... it would get Voted anyway.

Expect another 300 some Bills with defending ACA riders :rollseyes:

I'll do what McConnell going to go, trust but verify.

So we'll see if he's serious or not.
Obama can veto sure, but he DOSEN't hold the power of the purse!

PolWatch
11-05-2014, 02:36 PM
What ?

translation: we can really push our campaign donors to the wall!

Matty
11-05-2014, 02:36 PM
What ?

Three branches. Legislative, executive, judicial. Now I know you enjoyed the dictatorship, but, that's over.

Ransom
11-05-2014, 02:47 PM
McConnell gave exact examples where divided government had been productive. Welfare reform, Social Security, and balanced budgets were exampled by McConnell.

McConnell claims divided government is productive because he actually has historical perspective, in fact, voted back for his 6th term, he's been in a divided government that did in fact complete the endeavors he exampled.

Give some people the books. They chew on the covers.

Redrose
11-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Are you watching McConnell right now ?

I swear he sounds like Obamas' friend now ... Man O Man .. LOL

So what do you want? You complain when they are not working together, now you are critical when they try to be civil and want to work together. You do not want to see progress, you are an antagonist.

exotix
11-05-2014, 02:53 PM
McConnell gave exact examples where divided government had been productive. Welfare reform, Social Security, and balanced budgets were exampled by McConnell.

McConnell claims divided government is productive because he actually has historical perspective, in fact, voted back for his 6th term, he's been in a divided government that did in fact complete the endeavors he exampled.

Give some people the books. They chew on the covers.
Good Luck McConnell .. you finally made Senate Majority Leader ... but I think you're about to have an apoplexy-attack by Ted Cruz and the teabag lunatics ... LOL

exotix
11-05-2014, 02:57 PM
So what do you want? You complain when they are not working together, now you are critical wen they try to be civil and want to work together. You do not want to see progress, you are an antagonist.
Watch happens when McConnell sends any GOP Obamacare *modification* Bill to Obama ... in fact, it won't even make it to Obama.

exotix
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Happening Now

*Let's face it ... there will be Bills from Congress I will not sign*

http://i61.tinypic.com/a5i5h5.jpg

Captain Obvious
11-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Happening Now

*Let's face it ... there will be Bills from Congress I will not sign*

http://i61.tinypic.com/a5i5h5.jpg

lol - so now does Congress gets to piss and whine about the president being progressively obstructive instead of 2 years of vice versa?

Some how I doubt it, the buck stops nowhere with this guy.

:biglaugh:

Cigar
11-05-2014, 03:12 PM
lol - so now does Congress gets to piss and whine about the president being progressively obstructive instead of 2 years of vice versa?

Let's see if you say that s after an XO :grin:

exotix
11-05-2014, 03:12 PM

Well you have McConnell and Bohner as dear leaders now ... what a'coupl'a beauties ... LOL

momsapplepie
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM
that would be the only route to progress, however, considering the last 15 years and the rhetoric of the recent campaign, what are the odds?
watching Obama's response, it's evident he's not going to compromise. So much for working together to resolve our problems.

Cigar
11-05-2014, 03:32 PM
watching Obama's response, it's evident he's not going to compromise. So much for working together to resolve our problems.

Sucks doesn't it, but wasn't you cheer-leading The Filibusterers and Obstructions :huh:

PolWatch
11-05-2014, 03:36 PM

I don't think there is much chance of anyone working together to resolve anything...what could they be against if they all worked together?

In an equal opportunity moment: at least bho didn't pledge to make it his life's work to make sure none of them were re-elected.

exotix
11-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Sucks doesn't it, but wasn't you cheer-leading The Filibusterers and Obstructions :huh:
When Bohner finds new attorneys (after the other ones quit) to resume his lawsuit against Obama ... he plans to sport a blingier lipstick to look different .... (hopefully it won't clash with that nuclear tan)

http://i57.tinypic.com/f5cbh0.jpg

exotix
11-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Word on the Hill is, is that McConnell had to rush his post-election news conference to get in before Obamas' ... lots to say about that one ...

momsapplepie
11-05-2014, 03:50 PM

I was quite vocal in expressing my disgust with Harry Ried holding back 360+ bills as an obstruction. I wouldn't be to proud of that if I were you.

momsapplepie
11-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Word on the Hill is, is that McConnell had to rush his post-election news conference to get in before Obamas' ... lots to say about that one ...
source?

exotix
11-05-2014, 04:06 PM
source?
Like why do you need one ?

It was obvious why the mummified testudine babbled incoherently about this new age of cooperation and bi-partisanship.

momsapplepie
11-05-2014, 04:12 PM
in other words, you're making shit up again. got it.

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I was quite vocal in expressing my disgust with Harry Ried holding back 360+ bills as an obstruction. I wouldn't be to proud of that if I were you.

Yep ... those Repeal Riders and De-funding tactics didn't fly with Harry Ried :laugh:

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Like why do you need one ?

It was obvious why the mummified testudine babbled incoherently about this new age of cooperation and bi-partisanship.

Give it a couple days to sink in and they'll be back to their same whiny victim selves :laugh:

exotix
11-05-2014, 04:23 PM
in other words, you're making $#@! up again. got it.
Not at all ... simply watch McConnell as a Chelonii-in-the-headlights whimpering like a wuss appeasing the lunatic base ... then watch Obama simply inform the wackos ... and with all the class we've come to know of the man ... they ain't gett'n shit.

Redrose
11-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Give it a couple days to sink in and they'll be back to their same whiny victim selves :laugh:

The left are the biggest victim whiners. Women are victims, Hispanics are victims, Blacks were slaves....victims, cops are bullies picking on all you victims, go look in the mirror before you start calling others victims.

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Not at all ... simply watch McConnell as a Chelonii-in-the-headlights whimpering like a wuss appeasing the lunatic base ... then watch Obama simply inform the wackos ... and with all the class we've come to know of the man ... they ain't gett'n $#@!.

I kinda miss his Root-n-Branch tough guy talk. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mich looks like the strong muscular type who can rip a Tree from the ground ....Root-n-Trunk :icon_tongue:

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:28 PM
The left are the biggest victim whiners. Women are victims, Hispanics are victims, Blacks were slaves....victims, cops are bullies picking on all you victims, go look in the mirror before you start calling others victims.

I look in The Oval Office :wink:

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Today http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/what-a-republican-senate-means-for-obamacare-and-what-it-doesn-t-20141105

(http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/what-a-republican-senate-means-for-obamacare-and-what-it-doesn-t-20141105) Because Republicans lack the 60 seats needed to beat a Democratic filibuster, McConnell can't force a vote on a simple, straightforward repeal Bill Republicans won a Senate majority in part by pledging to repeal Obamacare. Now they have to figure out what to do instead. Mitch McConnell, soon to be the Senate majority leader, has to strike a somewhat delicate balance on the 2010 health care law: satisfy the conservative base, as well as senators who campaigned on repeal, without appearing to use the GOP's total control of Congress solely to throw stones at the past. His critics on both sides will make life difficult: Some conservatives still won't accept anything short of the impossible, but the GOP won't be well positioned for 2016 if it can't convince voters that it is more than the anti-Obamacare party. Still, a plan to strike that balance is already taking shape. The first part of the plan is a symbolic effort for full repeal, and a push that—many GOP operatives expect—McConnell and company will push forward as far as possible. McConnell right now pleading for Agreement from his lunatic tea party constituency. http://i59.tinypic.com/4ujdk1.jpg

No need to repeal, just change everything between the title and the last line and tack it on to the Omnibus spending bill. Obama will have to sign it or shut the Government down.

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM
No need to repeal, just change everything between the title and the last line and tack it on to the Omnibus spending bill. Obama will have to sign it or shut the Government down.

I think you need a politics class sport :laugh:

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM
So what do you want? You complain when they are not working together, now you are critical when they try to be civil and want to work together. You do not want to see progress, you are an antagonist.

It's going to take 'em a while to get used to there being a new sheriff in town.

exotix
11-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Yes ?

Enlighten us how this govt. shut-down works now that the lunatics occupy both chambers ... http://i57.tinypic.com/v2shat.gif

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:35 PM
It's going to take 'em a while to get used to there being a new sheriff in town.

You'd think they know after 6 years, there's only one sheriff in town :laugh:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/bobgeiger/obama_cowboy_hat.jpg (http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html)

Cigar
11-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes ?

Enlighten us how this govt. shut-down works now that the lunatics occupy both chambers ... http://i57.tinypic.com/v2shat.gif

The Brain Dead never learn :laugh:

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Yes ?

It would be Obama shutting down the Government if he refuses to sign a spending bill that passed both houses and lands on his desk.

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 04:40 PM
The Brain Dead never learn :laugh:

I keep praying for all my liberal friends.

exotix
11-05-2014, 04:46 PM
It would be Obama shutting down the Government if he refuses to sign a spending bill that passed both houses and lands on his desk.
If you don't know how an (R) Majority Congress can shut down the govt. ... well, just say you don't ... lot better than saying you do know .. http://i62.tinypic.com/29xi3b6.jpg

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 04:49 PM
If you don't know how an (R) Majority Congress can shut down the govt. ... well, just say you don't ... lot better than saying you do know .. http://i62.tinypic.com/29xi3b6.jpg

You haven't a clue what your yapping about. McConnell already said there will be no government shut down. Get over it.

exotix
11-05-2014, 04:58 PM
You haven't a clue what your yapping about. McConnell already said there will be no government shut down. Get over it.
I see ... well 2 months ago he reneged on that promise after the 2011 near default ... where Obama simply played 'em, called their bluff and said ok let's do it ... and this is how we ended-up with sequestration and austerity ... or compromise ...

But explain the congressional mechanics of another govt. shutdown.

Professor Peabody
11-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I see ... well 2 months ago he reneged on that promise after the 2011 near default ... where Obama simply played 'em, called their bluff and said ok let's do it ... and this is how we ended-up with sequestration and austerity ... or compromise ... But explain the congressional mechanics of another govt. shutdown. I recommend you hire a tutor. You can't afford for me to teach you. During the last shut down it was a fight between the 2 houses of Congress. This time the bills will be dumped on Obama's desk for him to sign or veto. Two different animals so I really don't know what you're looking for.

Animal Mother
11-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Rand Paul said that repealing Obamacare isn't priority and that job creation incentives is. **shrugs**

Captain Obvious
11-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Rand Paul said that repealing Obamacare isn't priority and that job creation incentives is. **shrugs**

I agree with that although a partial repeal is I think, economically and politically in our best interest.

Animal Mother
11-05-2014, 05:25 PM
I agree with that although a partial repeal is I think, economically and politically in our best interest.

I guess the first priority is some bill to bring jobs back by lowering taxes and bringing in business incentives. Obamacare he said may come up but way later down the road.

My guess is they have no clue what to do with it.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2014, 05:26 PM
I guess the first priority is some bill to bring jobs back by lowering taxes and bringing in business incentives. Obamacare he said may come up but way later down the road.

My guess is they have no clue what to do with it.

It's probably in large part because nobody really knows what it's designed to do.

exotix
11-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I recommend you hire a tutor. You can't afford for me to teach you. During the last shut down it was a fight between the 2 houses of Congress. This time the bills will be dumped on Obama's desk for him to sign or veto. Two different animals so I really don't know what you're looking for.
I merely asked how the (R)'s intends to shut-down the govt. if and whether or not Obama signs Bills passed in the congress ... you should know by now shucking and jiving the exotix is futile ... and impressing the exotix is always primo when making your bones ...

http://i62.tinypic.com/29xi3b6.jpg