PDA

View Full Version : Obama Prmiary Election Disaster. Under 60% in 4 States. Unprecedented.

Shoot the Goose
05-24-2012, 11:10 AM
So far in the month of May, there have been 4 state Democrat Party Presidential Primaries where President Obama has polled less than 60% of those who voted, with one or more other candidates/options receiving over 40%. Here are those results:

Arkansas: Obama 58.4; John Wolfe 41.6
West Virginia: Obama 59.4; Keith Judd 40.6
Kentucky: Obama 58.0; Uncommitted 42.0
Oklahoma: Obama 57.0; 5 other candidates 43.0

We keep reading polls where it is reported that Obama vs. Romney is neck and neck. Or with such variance that one will report 'Romney up 6' in Florida, and another 'Obama up 4 in Florida', on virtually the same day. I submit that Obama is doing far worse, based on the actual voting so far. Sitting Presidents who have not a major nationwide primary challenger rarely poll below 80% in any state (as opposed to such as Ted Kennedy challenging Jimmy Carter in 1980). In 2004, when Bush ran unopposed nationally in the Republican Primaries, he tallied under 90% in only 3 states:

New Hampshire: 79.5
Rhode Island: 84.9
Idaho: 89.5

All the above was compiled from the Sec of State sites for the respective states, and from Wikipedia. I was motivated to look them up as I heard it noted on the radio earlier today by Jamie Dupree, on the Boortz show, that these sub 60% numbers were unprecedented. In 1996, Bill Clinton tallied over 88.9% of the total Democrat Primary votes, where his most serious challenger was Lyndon LaRouche, polling about 5.5%. In contrast, Obama has had no challenger even of that much name recognition, for those of us who remember LaRouche.Obama and his Advisors are certainly aware of how bad things are.

Yet the Press isn't saying much about the real trouble he is in. Try finding the above in any story of note.

Conley
05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Great research, I was especially interested to see how this compared to prior sitting presidents.

Smartmouthwoman
05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Couldn't agree more... Obama's in much more trouble than the press is letting on. Actually, I believe the whole DNC is in denial. They seem to think keeping a positive attitude will be enough to pull out the re-election, regardless of the msg being sent by voters.

It's the same thing they did after the shellacking of Nov 2010... if you pretend everything is OK, it's not so bad. They're idiots.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mne0075l.jpg

Shoot the Goose
05-24-2012, 11:25 AM
I have heard it said "Yeah, but they won't be voting for Romney in the General Election". Probably true. But they won't make the effort to get out and vote for Obama neither. That voter apathy can easily turn an election.

Trinnity
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Another sign....

Conley
05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
I like the sign SMW posted...might have to borrow that one.

Mainecoons
05-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Of course the ObamaMedia isn't reporting this. They're too busy trying to get him re-elected.

Conley
05-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Of course the ObamaMedia isn't reporting this. They're too busy trying to get him re-elected.

What's in it for them?

MMC
05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
What's in it for them?

Well for Chrissy Matthews it was the feeling running down his pant leg. Just Sayin. :wink:

Trinnity
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
If Obama is so cool and "the shit", then why must he campaign all the time?
Why isn't he raising money like he was before?

I saw an article yesterday that said he's lost a lot of support in FL since coming out for gay marriage. Oops~

MMC
05-24-2012, 06:06 PM
If Obama is so cool and "the shit", then why must he campaign all the time?
Why isn't he raising money like he was before?

I saw an article yesterday that said he's lost a lot of support in FL since coming out for gay marriage. Oops~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmBjG7ALvjc

Gangsta Government is a bangin' gangsta-style rap where the feds tell you how it's gonna be. Sit down. Shut up, cuz you have no say! Gangsta Government is sure to create controversy because this rap spits the truth with style and a killer groove.....snip~

Because when you are a Gangsta it's always about the money and looking good. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/pimpdaddy.gif

This video came out in 2010.....2 years after Obama was in Office. It also shows you some of the pulse of Chicago People and what they are saying and thinking about Obama. Just what does it say when Rappers, Comedians, Actors, all being black are out there talking shiznit about Obama?

The Comedians Cat Williams and Eddie Griffin, both call him a Pimp. They are correct as he is always about the "Cool in You". That Physical Perception. Looking Good no matter how bad the play is. Sinbad and others are all on the kick he is nothing more than a politician like all the rest.

Some of you might not like the music. But the point is if the street people are all about turning on him, then that is even less showing up at the polls to vote for him. Even if it is at the last second. I luv that part where he say in 5 days we will transform America. He just didn't say into what.

I like it all because of what they say in the Video.....He may call Chicago home, doesnt mean people here think.....he ain't heavy, he's my brutha! :evil:

Shoot the Goose
05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey. Looks like Fox News liked my thread (OK, maybe they figured it out without me). This article showed up in the last few hours:

Primary results show some Democratic voters dissatisfied with Obama

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/24/some-democratic-voters-still-unsure-about-obama-as-primary-results-show/#ixzz1vqGDlap5

(http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/24/some-democratic-voters-still-unsure-about-obama-as-primary-results-show/#ixzz1vqGDlap5)For the record, overall, Obama is getting 86% of the Democrat vote. This would trail Clinton by 3 points. As noted, Clinton had a legitimate minor challenger in LaRouche, who got his 5.5%, while Obama has no national challenger in the Primaries. Clinton would have been around 93-94 without LaRouche. Obama is therefore about 7 points behind Clinton, at least in what could be called an "enthusiasm gap".

That is significant, as the GOP is clearly fired-up