PDA

View Full Version : Great News for Unemployment rate? 5.8% now!

texan
11-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Democrats just don't get how this works. They think they can keep lying about how great these economic indicators look. They tell people we are doing great! See these numbers? After 6 years and all this crap about 14 stratight months of adding jobs etc people are realizing things are not getting better.

These new part time many jobs suck and there are not enough, so stop blowing smoke up our skirts. There is your answer for the wave of governors. That is the people speaking in the states. Also, there is a reason the presidents base didn't come out. They COULDN'T SUPPORT the DEMOCRATS BUT WERE NOT GOING TO VOTE REPUBILICAN. So they voted by staying home. Independents broke big time to reublicans. These are the realities democrats want to spin away.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Not Looking for Work: Why Labor Force Participation Has Fallen During the Recession

The American economy is experiencing the slowest recovery in 70 years. In addition to persistently high unemployment, labor force participation has fallen sharply since the recession began in December 2007. Today, nearly 5 million fewer Americans are working or looking for work. This drop accounts for virtually the entire reduction of the unemployment rate since 2009—those not looking for work do not count as unemployed.

Demographic changes explain approximately one-fifth of the drop in labor force participation. The baby boomers are aging and thus more likely to retire, dropping out of the labor force. The remaining drop in participation primarily comes from millions more people going on disability insurance or attending school. While those enrolled in school will probably return to the labor force, those going on the disability rolls will not. They will remain permanently outside the labor force.

The difficulty of finding a job drives both these changes. Job creation fell sharply after the recession began, and—unlike the number of layoffs—has not recovered. The government’s responses have been largely ineffective. Instead of voting for vast subsidies and public works programs, Congress should reduce the tax and regulatory burden it imposes on businesses to encourage hiring and stop the fall in labor force participation.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/08/not-looking-for-work-why-labor-force-participation-has-fallen-during-the-recession

Labor department stats

Cigar
11-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Anyone who FREELY CHOOSES to NOT LOOK for WORK is RETIRED.

The Unemployment Rate is now at 5.8% ... if you can't get a Job even in George W Bush Numbers ... you're an Idiot. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
11-07-2014, 09:24 AM
heritage.org is a junk site.

Mac-7
11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Anyone who FREELY CHOOSES to NOT LOOK for WORK is RETIRED.

The Unemployment Rate is now at 5.8% ... if you can't get a Job even in George W Bush Numbers ... you're an Idiot. :laugh:

The numbers may look better because thanks to the stupidity of ObamaCare two part time employees are hired instead of one full time worker.

Cigar
11-07-2014, 09:58 AM
The numbers may look better because thanks to the stupidity of ObamaCare two part time employees are hired instead of one full time worker.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/suwaneemom3/FreedomandLiberty.jpg (http://momsmustardseeds.com/2012/02/what-is-the-meaning-of-freedom-and-liberty/)

Mac-7
11-07-2014, 10:00 AM
http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/suwaneemom3/FreedomandLiberty.jpg (http://momsmustardseeds.com/2012/02/what-is-the-meaning-of-freedom-and-liberty/)

Im still waiting for you to tell us if the voters rejected obama personally or just his extreme leftwing agenda.

Cigar
11-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Im still waiting for you to tell us if the voters rejected obama personally or just his extreme leftwing agenda.

The Voters Voted for Change and Governing ... so tell me, do you think that's what the GOP wants? :grin:

Vote all you want ... Because The President of The United States isn't going anywhere for the next twp plus years.

Mac-7
11-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The Voters Voted for Change and Governing ... so tell me, do you think that's what the GOP wants? :grin:

Vote all you want ... Because The President of The United States isn't going anywhere for the next twp plus years.

I just hope he leaves in two years.

but by then he may be even more hated than he is now.

Cigar
11-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I just hope he leaves in two years.

but by then he may be even more hated than he is now.

:grin: I'd really Hate him if Unemployment gets to 4% or lower

Mac-7
11-07-2014, 10:20 AM
:grin: I'd really Hate him if Unemployment gets to 4% or lower

There are only so many hamburgers needing to be flipped.

but I guess the lawyers and lib judges could always award more people disability.

Cigar
11-07-2014, 10:37 AM
There are only so many hamburgers needing to be flipped.

but I guess the lawyers and lib judges could always award more people disability.

You got something against The Job Creators :grin:

nathanbforrest45
11-07-2014, 10:42 AM
and then there is this

Bo-4
11-07-2014, 11:52 AM
and then there is this

Most normal folks don't like Leno after what he did to Conan so as Scott Brown might tweet while drunk in the middle of the night:

Bqhatevwr