PDA

View Full Version : VP Picks

a777pilot
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
As we get closer to the national conventions the guessing game as to who will be Romney's VP is going strong.

So, let's join the fun.

Without getting into the "whys", could you give us your recommendations to who you would LIKE to see as his VP and then who THINK he will choose.

I'll start.

I would love to see Luis G. Fortuno, Governor of Puerto Rico as the VP nominee.

I believe Romney will pick Marco Rubio of Florida.

Trinnity
05-25-2012, 11:02 AM
In this race the VP pick will matter.
I even think Obama may dump Biden in the last few weeks. Maybe even two weeks before the election, just to raise excitement and interest in the base and indies.
He's sneaky. He will pull something, I'm sure of it - just don't know what.
He cannot win if he doesn't pull a late October surprise.

Mainecoons
05-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Biden will pop up and say he's tired and resign. Of course the whole thing will be staged.

Smartmouthwoman
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
And Hillary (and Bill) will come riding in to save the day.

At least that's the recurring nightmare I'm having.

LOL, have you heard the latest? Donald Trump wants to work for Mitt. Now that matchup would generate a little excitement!

Calypso Jones
05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Let's stop working this out for them. I want them to keep biden and they WILL keep biden. do you think Obama will want to endure the next 30 days of having to defend his throwing Joey under the bus?? The best thing for the right is Biden on that ticket. Let's help keep him there. I mean he's working it as hard as he can...forcing Oblahblah to come out with him remarks on 'homo marriage'.

Smartmouthwoman
05-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Let's stop working this out for them. I want them to keep biden and they WILL keep biden. do you think Obama will want to endure the next 30 days of having to defend his throwing Joey under the bus?? The best thing for the right is Biden on that ticket. Let's help keep him there. I mean he's working it as hard as he can...forcing Oblahblah to come out with him remarks on 'homo marriage'.

LOL, good point. Obama would prob be scared to death to cut him loose. At least with him as VP, he's got some control over him. Can you imagine if Joe was just out there running around loose???

Mainecoons
05-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Obama doesn't hesitate to throw people under a bus. Y'all been living under a rock? Biden will be toast and soon, mark my words on this. Just as I described it, Obama won't fire him, Biden will quit "unexpectedly."

:grin:

Frogger
05-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I would like to see Marco Rubio as the V.P. pick but I don't think he will be since he was born in Cuba. It would give the Democrats a hinge topic. My favorite would be either Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal, two reliable conservatives who have already proven they can turn their states around.

roadmaster
05-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Bobby Jindal, was always one of my favorites.

wingrider
05-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Joe the Plumber?

a777pilot
05-25-2012, 06:00 PM
I would like to see Marco Rubio as the V.P. pick but I don't think he will be since he was born in Cuba. It would give the Democrats a hinge topic. My favorite would be either Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal, two reliable conservatives who have already proven they can turn their states around.

First, Mr. Marco Rubio was born in Miami, FL.

Next, Mr. Chris Christie is no Conservative. He is an avowed enemy of the Second Amendment and an advocate of total gun control.

wingrider
05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I think everyone should have gun control,, using 2 hands is the best way.

roadmaster
05-25-2012, 06:39 PM

Lol I agree. :laugh:

a777pilot
05-25-2012, 09:49 PM

I agree.

Sight alignment and trigger pull.

Mr. Christie does not agree.

Frogger
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
First, Mr. Marco Rubio was born in Miami, FL.

You're right. I mispoke. While Rubio was born in Cedars of Lebanon Hospital in Miami, his parents were not citizens at the time. Democrats who are so upset about people questioning Obama's natural born citizenship and attempting to say Rubio is not a natural born citizen because, according to them both parents must be citizens at the time of the birth. As with so many things liberals attempt to spring on others this is something they haven't thought out too well. If both parents have to be citizens at the time of the person's birth, what about Obama's Kenyan father?

Conley
05-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Democrats are attempting to say Rubio is not a citizen?

Frogger
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM
The birther movement in America is still alive and well. Butrather than focuses the entirety of its attention on President Barack Obama, itadherents have moved on to a new target: Sen. Marco Rubio.

Rubio, a senator from Florida and rising star in the GOP,isn’t currently campaigning for the White House, but considering hispopularity, a future run could be a possibility. Recognizing this, birthers aresetting their sights on his potential future candidacy, as they hope to take anearly stab at derailing his chances.

Instead of fretting over birth certificates, this timebirthers are challenging Rubio‘s viability based on his parents’ citizenship.As the basis of their view that the senator isn’t eligible to run for theAmerican presidency, they cite Article 2 of the constitution, which says, “noperson except a natural born citizen … shall be eligible to the Office ofPresident.”

But, as the Miami Herald points out, “natural born citizen”has never been defined. While some would contend that anyone born inside theU.S. would and should be considered citizens, birthers disagree. They rely onold writings that apparently stem from the nation’s founding to claim that anindividual must be born to two U.S. citizens in order to be “natural born.”

Rubio, who was born in 1971 at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital,doesn’t fit that bill. In fact, his parents didn’t become citizens until 1975.So, in the eyes of birthers, he is no different than Obama, as neither isviewed by birthers as having the legal ability or right to assume thepresidency based on their parents (although some birthers still contend Obama’sbirth certificate is false).

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/birthers-now-claim-sen-marco-rubio-isnt-a-natural-born-citizen/

Conley
05-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info Frogger. We have a lengthy thread somewhere around here on interpretations of "natural born citizen".

a777pilot
05-27-2012, 08:54 AM
This situation has been adjudicated so it is a non-issue: United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

ramone
05-27-2012, 10:53 AM
This situation has been adjudicated so it is a non-issue: United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

Everything anybody needs to know is here, of course it requires some reading. That is not a strong suit of a liberal though.

http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaNaturalBorn.htm

a777pilot
05-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Everything anybody needs to know is here, of course it requires some reading. That is not a strong suit of a liberal though.

http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaNaturalBorn.htm

In your reference this was statted: "Born in the U.S. mainland"

That is incorrect. Sorry, your entire reference than is wrong.

ramone
05-27-2012, 02:09 PM
In your reference this was statted: "Born in the U.S. mainland"

That is incorrect. Sorry, your entire reference than is wrong.

Obviously you are a liberal and reading challenged. Like I said, it requires reading beyond headers. Give it a shot more often and you might learn something. Obammy is NOT a natural born citizen.......Deal with it.

pjohns
05-28-2012, 12:23 AM
My favorite, I believe--and this is really quite close--would be the junior senator from Florida, Marco Rubio, as he represents a twofer: He might help to carry the (hugely important!) swing state of Florida; and he might also help to drain away a few Latino votes in other swing states, such as Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada. (Admittedly, most Americans do not predicate their respective votes upon the person at the bottom of the ticket; but if this were to influence just a small percentage of voters, it could prove determinative, in a very close election.)

Other appealing choices, in my opinion, include the following:

Rob Portman. Although Ohio has lost a couple of electoral votes since the 2008 election, this is still a quite important prize. And the addition of Ohio's junior senator might help to secure the Buckeye State for the GOP.

Paul Ryan. Although then-Sen. Barack Obama won Wisconsin quite easily in 2008, this is a bit of an anomaly. Usually, the presidential election there is close, with the Democrat typically eking out a victory, largely on the strength of the votes in Milwaukee and Madison. The addition of Paul Ryan to the GOP ticket, however, might very well change that calculus.

Rand Paul. This one seems less probable. And Kentucky is really not a swing state, anyway. The GOP can pretty well count it as being in its Won column. Still, the inclusion of Rand Paul on the ticket might help assuage the feelings of those embittered and disaffected libertarians, who remain angry that Ron Paul (Rand Paul's father) did not win the nomination; and who may, therefore, be inclined to vote third-party (or not at all) on Election Day.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

MMC
05-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Surprising none see a Woman as the VP......especially knowing Obama can always resort to Hillary for VP if things are really going bad for him. As I am sure all of Liberaldom and the Demos would then get down on their knees and beg her to do it for the Country.

Just how do people think as to what takes place if Hillary Slides into the VP Spot for Obama? Think Romney could win if Obama makes this move and Hillary proves once again about all those Millions of Cracks in the Cieling she was talking about?

a777pilot
05-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Obviously you are a liberal and reading challenged. Like I said, it requires reading beyond headers. Give it a shot more often and you might learn something. Obammy is NOT a natural born citizen.......Deal with it.

I don't care. At this point this subject (the place of Bobo's birth) is OBE. What we all need to concentrate on is throwing this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, out of office come this 6 NOV 2012.

As to the issue of "Born in the U.S. mainland", my oldest daughter was born in the ROC (Republic of China) and is still a Natural Born American. You deal with it.

p.s., Just out of curiosity, did you vote for Mr. McCain in 2008? If you did, you voted for a person that was not "Born in the U.S. mainland". Again, deal with it.

MMC
05-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Surprising none see a Woman as the VP......especially knowing Obama can always resort to Hillary for VP if things are really going bad for him. As I am sure all of Liberaldom and the Demos would then get down on their knees and beg her to do it for the Country.

Just how do people think as to what takes place if Hillary Slides into the VP Spot for Obama? Think Romney could win if Obama makes this move and Hillary proves once again about all those Millions of Cracks in the Cieling she was talking about?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2bump.gif

Everyone is holding their breath and hoping that doesn't happen.....huh. :burp:

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 11:20 AM

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/popcorn.gif&sa=X&ei=16XDT-bmCoOZ2QXO2dWDAQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFLsdz50SSqkZokpvkuRMPuFAJkDQ

Jelly Bean
05-28-2012, 02:23 PM
The birther movement in America is still alive and well. Butrather than focuses the entirety of its attention on President Barack Obama, itadherents have moved on to a new target: Sen. Marco Rubio.

Rubio, a senator from Florida and rising star in the GOP,isn’t currently campaigning for the White House, but considering hispopularity, a future run could be a possibility. Recognizing this, birthers aresetting their sights on his potential future candidacy, as they hope to take anearly stab at derailing his chances.

Instead of fretting over birth certificates, this timebirthers are challenging Rubio‘s viability based on his parents’ citizenship.As the basis of their view that the senator isn’t eligible to run for theAmerican presidency, they cite Article 2 of the constitution, which says, “noperson except a natural born citizen … shall be eligible to the Office ofPresident.”

But, as the Miami Herald points out, “natural born citizen”has never been defined. While some would contend that anyone born inside theU.S. would and should be considered citizens, birthers disagree. They rely onold writings that apparently stem from the nation’s founding to claim that anindividual must be born to two U.S. citizens in order to be “natural born.”

Rubio, who was born in 1971 at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital,doesn’t fit that bill. In fact, his parents didn’t become citizens until 1975.So, in the eyes of birthers, he is no different than Obama, as neither isviewed by birthers as having the legal ability or right to assume thepresidency based on their parents (although some birthers still contend Obama’sbirth certificate is false).

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/birthers-now-claim-sen-marco-rubio-isnt-a-natural-born-citizen/

thank you for the insight on rubio, I didnt know that, he is out in my book