PDA

View Full Version : Why is Team Obama Allowing the Chinese Government to Buy-Up US Oil and Gas Deposits

MMC
05-26-2012, 09:35 AM
http://endoftheamericandream.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Obama-Chinese-300x199.jpg

If we are trying to become independent of foreign oil, then why is the Obama administration allowing the Chinese government to buy up U.S. oil and gas deposits worth billions of dollars? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The United States desperately needs to maintain control over its own domestic energy resources so that we can end our addiction to foreign oil.
The Chinese government is using two giant corporations to buy up these energy resources.
The first is the China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)
The second is Sinopec Corporation. Sinopec Group is the largest shareholder (about 75% of the shares) in Sinopec Corporation.

For example, CNOOC recently completed a 570 million dollar deal that gives it a one-third interest in huge oil and gas deposits in Colorado and Wyoming.
In fact, according to a recent Business Insider article (http://www.businessinsider.com/china-cnooc-investment-niobrara-shale-2011-2#ixzz1CsT0IkQ4), this deal gives the Chinese government the right to a third of any new oil discovered by Chesapeake Energy in the entire region.

But this is not the only area of the country where China now owns energy rights. The following is an excerpt from a recent state-by-state breakdown that appeared in the Wall Street Journal (http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2012/03/06/chinas-footprint-in-us-oil-a-state-by-state-list/).

Louisiana: Sinopec has a one-third interest in 265,000 acres in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale after a broader $2.5-billion deal with Devon Energy.
Michigan: Sinopec gained a one-third interest in 350,000 acres in a larger $2.5 billion deal with Devon Energy.
Ohio: Sinopec acquired a one-third stake in Devon Energy’s 235,000 Utica Shale acres in a larger $2.5 billion deal.
Oklahoma: Sinopec has a one-third interest in 215,000 acres in a broader $2.5 billion deal with Devon Energy.
Texas: Cnooc acquired a one-third interest in Chesapeake Energy’s 600,000 acres in the Eagle Ford Shale in a $2.16-billion deal.

The Texas deal was particularly noteworthy:

State-owned Chinese energy giant CNOOC is buying a multibillion-dollar stake in 600,000 acres of South Texas oil and gas fields, potentially testing the political waters for further expansion into U.S. energy reserves.
With the announcement Monday that it would pay up to $2.2 billion for a one-third stake in Chesapeake Energy assets, CNOOC lays claim to a share of properties that eventually could produce up to half a million barrels a day of oil equivalent.....snip~

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why-is-the-obama-administration-allowing-the-chinese-government-to-buy-up-u-s-oil-and-gas-deposits-worth-billions-of-dollars

This is from this guy's site.....he has looked into this issue and is on the mark. What is going on? It's not just gas/oil either. It's also huge Chunks of Real Estate.....aka US Soil. Plus The Fed has said it will allow Chinese banks to buy up US Banks.

I want that list of Banks owned by the Chinese as I will make sure none of my money goes into them.

Moreover Obama released his energy plan in Iowa recently. After coming back from a Califonia fundraiser. There was a newspiece up with California Politicians giving the Chinese, Infrastructure work for bridgework connecting Oakland and SF I think it said. Conley should know he is out that way.

Over 3000 construction jobs lost by American workers and given to a Chinese company. Those California pols cited right off the top it was cheaper to go with the Chinese and that they have welders. American companies countered they could have done the job for the same costs or therebouts. California went around buy American Laws. Which states should not be doing. The work is ours and we cannot trust the Chinese to handle projects with a major infrastructure.

We certainly cannot be giving the Chinese access into our Oil and Gas reserves. This must be countered and turned around! :angry:

Note these are Democratic Led governments that are doing this in both Illinois and California. With regards to Infrastructure and bridge-work or highways. Damns and levis too.

Conley
05-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Should our government interfere with private business like that? I don't think Republicans would like that. The Obama administration blocking Chesapeake Energy and Devon Energy from making their own business decisions would probably go over like a lead balloon.

As for banks, who really knows? I read about a Chinese bank buying up an American one in the Northeast, think I had an article posted on it. You don't want your money with Saudigroup, I mean Citigroup either...not much you can do, it's all multinational these days.

MMC
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah, well you would think American buisness would think about what they are doing other than making a buck, and selling shiznit off to the Chinese. Especially when it deals with our Strategic Resources.

Conley
05-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah, well you would think American buisness would think about what they are doing other than making a buck, and selling shiznit off to the Chinese. Especially when it deals with our Strategic Resources.

Unfortunately I think most American businesses, especially in the energy sector, are all about making a buck. Don't let it get to you - this is the free market in action, right?

MMC
05-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Won't be able to have a free market if one sells all their assets, land, and resources. Maybe it is high time that the buisness sector hear more from the American People and their own workers over issues such as these. Besides Law Suits.

Even if they are with in the scope of the law.....doesn't make it right with what they are doing. We going to trust the Chinese with all their environmental hazards? All their deficient steel and manufacturing. All their cheap azz ways to get around safety rules and regulations. We going to give up our jobs so they can come in and work for cheaper wages. Companies controlled by a Foreign government.

Again it must be countered. There needs to be some rich or wealthy Americans that comes in and runs the Chinese out and be about protecting what gave them all they have.

URF8
05-26-2012, 01:13 PM
This is only the beginning of Chinese penetration of the American economy. The tides of history are ebbing for the entire west.

Mainecoons
05-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe because team Obama is borrowing 40 percent of every dollar they piss away?

coolwalker
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
There he goes again selling us down the river. How can any thinking individual accept this interloper as our leader...how?