PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Reagan Apologizes for America as Preident

Cigar
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=agMzI24WC44

REAGAN APOLOGISED FOR AMERICA.

It’s been a consistent line of attack used by Republicans against President Obama to portray him as weak and un-American but new audio tapes reveal that the GOP’s beloved Ronald Reagan is the one who has actually apologized for America. According to the BBC, a newly released audio recording of a phone conservation with British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher puts an apologetic President Reagan on full display. As American troops invaded Grenada, a British territory, Reagan called up Thatcher and apologized twice for the embarrassment the United States caused her by not consulting or informing her prior to the invasion. Reagan began by referencing a “Civil War-era practice in which a visitor might throw his hat in to a room before entering – if he was unwelcome, it might be thrown out again or even shot at,” the BBC reports.

REAGAN: If I were there, Margaret, I’d throw my hat in the door before I came in.

THATCHER: There’s no need for that.

Reagan then apologized and asked if Thatcher would allow him to explain. “We regret very much the embarrassment that’s been caused to you,” Reagan said. “And I would like to tell you what the story is from our end.” After explaining that there was a lot of secrecy involved, Reagan apologized a second time.

REAGAN: I’m sorry for any embarrassment we’ve caused you.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t recall hearing Republicans whine about Reagan apologizing for America and I’m pretty certain they won’t do it now. But the fact is, Reagan apologized for America and Republicans have been absolute hypocrites every time they have accused President Obama of apologizing. Of course, unlike Reagan, it turns out President Obama has never apologized for America like the GOP claims.

According to Fact-Check.org,

Our fact-checking colleagues at PolitiFact and the Washington Post Fact Checker both pored over those speeches, and others, and wrote detailed analyses of the content of Obama’s words. Their conclusion: Obama never apologized.

We’ve read through the speeches as well. We’ve come to the same conclusion: Nowhere did we see that the president “apologized” for America. In some speeches, Obama was drawing a distinction between his policies and those of his predecessor, George W. Bush. In other instances, Obama appeared to be employing a bit of diplomacy, criticizing past actions of both the U.S. and the host nation, and calling for the two sides to move forward… suffice to say, we didn’t see that any of them rise to the level of an actual apology.

Get your popcorn ready and prepare for conservative heads to explode as they desperately scramble to defend Reagan’s apology as a noble act of patriotism that shows how strong and manly he is, while simultaneously trying to persuade us all of how weak President Obama has been for not apologizing. After all, flip-flopping is what Republicans do best.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/10/conservative-saint-ronald-reagan-apologized-for-america-as-president-audio/

Bo-4
11-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Hmmm, the REAL Apology Tour revealed?

LoL!! :D