PDA

View Full Version : Exorcisms on the rise

Peter1469
11-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Exorcisms on the rise (http://www.ibtimes.com/exorcisms-are-rise-priests-point-growing-fascination-occult-1721561)

Interesting. The Church has been cranking out more priests trained in exorcism.

“There has been a greater demand for people to call and talk to exorcists,” Father Vince Lampert, an exorcist for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, told International Business Times. He is one of 50 Vatican-trained exorcists in the U.S. “From a faith perspective it may seem like the devil has upped his game, so to speak. I don’t think the devil has upped his game, but more people are inclined to play that game.”

Alyosha
11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Probably with good reason

Mini Me
11-25-2014, 11:35 PM
I have no doubt there are demonically possessed people.

Unfortunately, I have met them.

They often use a droopy gait, with arms hanging low, and I see a greenish luminescence around their eyes, and they are very destructive and psychotic. They have a dark aura, and can speak in strange languages and tongues. They are pure evil!
They seem to be heavy users of alcohol, hard drugs, and enjoy perverted sex acts such as sadism and bestiality, and are practitioners of magik and the black arts.

I stay the Hell away from them!

Alyosha
11-25-2014, 11:52 PM

They often use a droopy gait, with arms hanging low, and I see a greenish luminescence around their eyes, and they are very destructive and psychotic. They have a dark aura, and can speak in strange languages and tongues. They are pure evil!
They seem to be heavy users of alcohol, hard drugs, and enjoy perverted sex acts such as sadism and bestiality, and are practitioners of magik and the black arts.

Dr. Strangelove

are you serious? I believe that I have met possessed people. I believe one butted me in the head.

Crepitus
11-26-2014, 12:54 AM

I have serious doubts there are any demons running around.

For instance due to some joint injuries I walk a bit hunched and my arms which were already long in proportion look almost gorilla ish. I have been known to be quite destructive when the situation calls for it, enjoy the indulgence in alcohol, and even occasional perverted sex acts including a little S&M though I do draw the line at bestiality.

Pretty sure I'm not a demon and even though I've met a few people I would describe as evil I don't think they were either.

silvereyes
11-26-2014, 03:04 AM
Great wild. Now I have a picture in my head of you sorta Quasimodo-Ish but wearing a leather ball Gag mask.
:laughing7:

Peter1469
11-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Great wild. Now I have a picture in my head of you sorta Quasimodo-Ish but wearing a leather ball Gag mask.

Never let them put the red ball in your mouth. :shocked:

Crepitus
11-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Oh fabulous. I've made yet another great first impression!

Common Sense
11-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Possessed? It's called mental illness.

I have no problem with people believing in this, so long as it doesn't stop those requiring psychiatric care the help they need.

Common Sense
11-26-2014, 06:49 PM

For instance due to some joint injuries I walk a bit hunched and my arms which were already long in proportion look almost gorilla ish. I have been known to be quite destructive when the situation calls for it, enjoy the indulgence in alcohol, and even occasional perverted sex acts including a little S&M though I do draw the line at bestiality.

Pretty sure I'm not a demon and even though I've met a few people I would describe as evil I don't think they were either.

Yeah sure....that's what a demon would say.

Burn the witch...er demon!!!

;)

Alyosha
11-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I had for a split second a case in 2012 that would have put me for a brief moment on national news and definitely I would have been all over New York news. The Xl do you remember my crazy lady case?

Anyway, I had to go do my first meeting with her and she's sitting at the table, her hands are cuffed in front of her and I sit down across from her like usual. She looks up at me as I'm introducing myself and (I did not tell her my nationality at all) opens her mouth and calls me a Russian whore who sucks the cocks of idolaters. Only when she says it it sounds like there are three voices coming out who are men talking. The guard in the room backed up it was so weird and the next thing I see is her flying at me and I wake up and am told she head butted me and knocked me out.

I went to the judge to rescind my notice of appearance and he asked why and I said she was possessed by a demon and he goes: Okay then.

:)

I also got a bodyguard after that.

Peter1469
11-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Possessed? It's called mental illness.

I have no problem with people believing in this, so long as it doesn't stop those requiring psychiatric care the help they need.

The Church requires that mental illness be ruled out before they act. Smart.

The Xl
11-26-2014, 07:05 PM
I had for a split second a case in 2012 that would have put me for a brief moment on national news and definitely I would have been all over New York news. @The Xl (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=865) do you remember my crazy lady case?

Anyway, I had to go do my first meeting with her and she's sitting at the table, her hands are cuffed in front of her and I sit down across from her like usual. She looks up at me as I'm introducing myself and (I did not tell her my nationality at all) opens her mouth and calls me a Russian whore who sucks the cocks of idolaters. Only when she says it it sounds like there are three voices coming out who are men talking. The guard in the room backed up it was so weird and the next thing I see is her flying at me and I wake up and am told she head butted me and knocked me out.

I went to the judge to rescind my notice of appearance and he asked why and I said she was possessed by a demon and he goes: Okay then.

:)

I also got a bodyguard after that.

I do remember all of that, yes.

Alyosha
11-26-2014, 07:06 PM
I do remember all of that, yes.

What ever happened to her? Did they convict her of murder or did the attorney go for the insanity plea?

The Xl
11-26-2014, 07:08 PM
What ever happened to her? Did they convict her of murder or did the attorney go for the insanity plea?

No idea.

The latter would have made sense.

Common Sense
11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
The Church requires that mental illness be ruled out before they act. Smart.

That is what they say...and it's probably why they don't often do actual exorcisms.

Historically they have due to ignorance of mental illness. Anyone with schizophrenia in the past was probably thought to be possessed.

While I agree it may be possible that people could be possessed. I have yet to see any proof. Anecdotal evidence at best.

Common Sense
11-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I wonder what a court would think of a "not guilty by reason of demonic possession". I'm sure it's happened before.

Peter1469
11-26-2014, 07:43 PM
I wonder what a court would think of a "not guilty by reason of demonic possession". I'm sure it's happened before.

I doubt it. No modern court would say that. And in the past, that would just be a reason for an execution.

Common Sense
11-26-2014, 07:50 PM
I doubt it. No modern court would say that. And in the past, that would just be a reason for an execution.

They've tried...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Arne_Cheyenne_Johnson

PolWatch
11-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Didn't the Son of Sam try something along those lines? His dog was a demon or something?

yeap:

After his arrest by New York City police (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department) in August 1977, Berkowitz was indicted for eight shooting incidents. He confessed to all of them and claimed a demon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon) that possessed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonic_possession) his neighbor's dog had commanded him to kill. In the course of the police investigation, he was also implicated in many unsolved arsons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arson) in the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Berkowitz

Mini Me
11-27-2014, 01:18 AM
Berkowitz privately admitted later on he had made up the story about the dog, and he wasn't the only one doing the killings. He was part of a Satanic cult that met regularly, which is suspected of being a national network of killers, including Charlie Manson.
Read Maury Terry's book; "The Ulitimate Evil". It will really open up your eyes to what is going on. It will freak you out.

From a reliable source; At any given time, there are 300 long haul truckers driving around doing serial killing unbeknownst to the media and general public!

Mini Me
11-27-2014, 01:26 AM
Didn't the Son of Sam try something along those lines? His dog was a demon or something?

yeap:

After his arrest by New York City police (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department) in August 1977, Berkowitz was indicted for eight shooting incidents. He confessed to all of them and claimed a demon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon) that possessed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonic_possession) his neighbor's dog had commanded him to kill. In the course of the police investigation, he was also implicated in many unsolved arsons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arson) in the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Berkowitz

New York homicide investigators were under enormous pressure to solve this case. So they pinned it on Berkowitz, without any followup about the same MO killings that went on after Berkowitz was taken into custody. This happens all to often, and the real investigations of missing persons are not made public, and so often, there are a large number of killings before the alarms go off, and they put tow and two toghether. The case of Henry Lee Lucas, the Texas drifter, and his sick pal illustrate this perfectly.

Mini Me
11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
@Dr. Strangelove (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=907)

are you serious? I believe that I have met possessed people. I believe one butted me in the head.

You have. So you know exactly what I am talking about! Yes, I am serious!

It should not at all be surprising, when you realize that Satan rules the Earth, and has many malevolent spirits roaming around, lying to us,robbing us, tricking us, and creating mayhem. Only God and the redemption of Christ can overcome evil entities as I see it.

I think warfare brings out this evil more than anything, and occult activities with substance abuse. I had four years of some entity screwing up my life, and went to an Indian shaman to find out how to deal with it. It worked for a while, but I have to be ever vigilant, as I am always a target.

Mini Me
11-27-2014, 02:17 PM

Look at your self in the mirror. If you see scales on the back of your neck, you may be one of the Alien Lizard People that David Icke rants about! hee hee!

southwest88
11-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Exorcisms on the rise (http://www.ibtimes.com/exorcisms-are-rise-priests-point-growing-fascination-occult-1721561)

(My bold)

I doubt that the Catholic Church would claim that they're cranking out priests - if anything, there's been a dire shortage of priests, nuns, lay ministers, etc. in the US since Vatican II. I read through the article cited @ IBT - IBT seems to be a real news source.

But that article doesn't talk about the Church training more priests - it talks about rising interest in demonic possession - while carefully avoiding endorsing anyone's opinion in the piece. Where does that leave us?

We were watching Jeopardy, & they quoted Fred Allen: Television is a medium because anything well done is rare. That's my take on Long Island Medium, the so-called reality shows, & TV in general - it's mostly attractive noise to deliver eyeballs to advertisers, & that's only the beginning of the problems there.

Polecat
11-27-2014, 02:42 PM
At some point these matters will come out into the open for all to see. Serial murder is not the only vehicle of evil.

Cthulhu
11-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Possession is not as uncommon as one might think. It has many levels of severity.

Many have entities attached to them and don't even realize it.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
11-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Absolutely. I have seen it twice. And several other fakes.
Possession is not as uncommon as one might think. It has many levels of severity.

Paperback Writer
11-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Berkowitz privately admitted later on he had made up the story about the dog, and he wasn't the only one doing the killings. He was part of a Satanic cult that met regularly, which is suspected of being a national network of killers, including Charlie Manson.
Read Maury Terry's book; "The Ulitimate Evil". It will really open up your eyes to what is going on. It will freak you out.

From a reliable source; At any given time, there are 300 long haul truckers driving around doing serial killing unbeknownst to the media and general public!

Yes. The Process Church. Started on our side of the Pond and moved west. Very intriguing links between persons of considerable interest. Doesn't really pay to investigate if you wish to remain a proper normal.

Crepitus
11-27-2014, 08:22 PM

Yea, well if there is one "attached" to me he's usually fun to be around.

southwest88
11-27-2014, 08:49 PM

(My bold)

Yah, I know it's a fringy subject & all - I looked around the 'Net, but I don't find any stats on exorcisms - current, historically, projected into the future. & of course, there are quibbles among the various Christian groupings about whether it's an exorcism, a banishment, a rejection of unhealthy spiritual influences, etc.

Still - Does anyone have a source for the number of exorcisms in the US, the West, the World? I'm kinda getting curious - & the bird is not quite ready yet. More or less a thirst for knowledge, doncha know?