PDA

View Full Version : Texas Oil Regulator Says It Will Not Honor Town’s Vote To Ban Fracking

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 11:37 AM
You have liberties and freedoms, keep telling that to yourself.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/11/10/3590690/texas-fracking-ban-denton/

Specifically, Dallas News reported (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/oil-and-gas-flooding-anti-ban-groups-campaign-coffers.html/) that major oil and gas companies like Chevron, Enervest and XTO donated a combined $685,000 to influence the debate over the fracking ban, while environmentalists contributed about $24,000.

Denton is just one example (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/11/05/3589429/fracking-bans-trust-oil-industry/) of towns across the country that are fighting for what’s called “local control” over fracking. Towns advocating local control say that they — not their state government — should be able to decide the terms of unconventional oil and gas drilling in their communities. Opponents, namely the oil and gas industry, argue (http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/12/04/3018331/colorado-towns-ban-fracking-suit/) that only the state has that authority.

Peter1469
11-12-2014, 11:41 AM
There was a week long protest over fracking near my work last week.

Mac-7
11-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Hum.

The will of the people overturned by a small clique of individuals in government?

That sounds familiar.

now libs know how supporters of traditional marriage feel when they decide the issue at the ballot box and it gets overturned by unelected lib judges.

Common
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Heh he wont honor it, now that has to be a teatard

hanger4
11-12-2014, 12:24 PM
WOW, a LWNJ hack site OP'd by @Captian Obvious Won't wonders never cease. :)

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 12:25 PM
WOW, a LWNJ hack site OP'd by @Captian Obvious Won't wonders never cease. :)

Try spelling it right.

hanger4
11-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Try spelling it right.

Captain Obvious Try consistency in your condemnation of "hack sites".

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 12:37 PM
@Captain Obvious (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3) Try consistency in your condemnation of "hack sites".

I could care less if it's a lie to be honest, I'm not arguing a point.

Just posting an article for discussion purposes.

Congrats on your spelling success, btw.

hanger4
11-12-2014, 12:45 PM
I could care less if it's a lie to be honest, I'm not arguing a point.

Just posting an article for discussion purposes.

Congrats on your spelling success, btw.

Why thankyou Capt. Just remember your words next time you condem a posters OP. They left or right may be doing the same.

del
11-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Why thankyou Capt. Just remember your words next time you condem a posters OP. They left or right may be doing the same.

thank you is two words

you can do it

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 12:49 PM

Here - I know simple logic is beyond your grasp but this is for the benefit of the others who are smarter than you, which basically is anyone/everyone.

If you're going to present a point for arguing, use a dependable, credible source.

Want to shoot this story down and prove it false? Go for it, I'm not arguing a position, I'm bring this up for discussion purposes.

Now begone poltroon, go waste someone elses time.

hanger4
11-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Here - I know simple logic is beyond your grasp but this is for the benefit of the others who are smarter than you, which basically is anyone/everyone.

If you're going to present a point for arguing, use a dependable, credible source.

Want to shoot this story down and prove it false? Go for it, I'm not arguing a position, I'm bring this up for discussion purposes.

Now begone poltroon, go waste someone elses time.

Poor Capt got caught being a hypocrite ............. again.

hanger4
11-12-2014, 12:58 PM
thank you is two words

you can do it
Sup del ?? How's the king a of the one line snark remarks ??

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Back to the topic.

GrassrootsConservative
11-12-2014, 01:09 PM
How dare that man try and make money and be successful. He should be tarred and feathered.

Bob
11-12-2014, 01:15 PM
You have liberties and freedoms, keep telling that to yourself.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/11/10/3590690/texas-fracking-ban-denton/

Nobody that understands fracking bans fracking.

There is another issue too. Property rights....

If you own property, drill 15,000 feet deep and encase the well in concrete where it contacts water supply, you did enough. For others not owning your property to make laws against you is the old style hanging justice.

It is the same thing as if you got robbed at a gas station of your cash by a thief. Those not owning property can't simply steal property rights.

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Nobody that understands fracking bans fracking.

There is another issue too. Property rights....

If you own property, drill 15,000 feet deep and encase the well in concrete where it contacts water supply, you did enough. For others not owning your property to make laws against you is the old style hanging justice.

It is the same thing as if you got robbed at a gas station of your cash by a thief. Those not owning property can't simply steal property rights.

The point I guess I was going for is that regardless of what the community voted, our "democracy" or republic or whatever the fuck you want to call it does not give the people the power unless you're a wealthy landowner.

Voting is meaningless in this country.

Bob
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Towns lack the authority to vote to remove rights of property owners, in a defacto manner. TX law has the final say so.

I don't know the results of CA ban by cities on fracking but now I must find out.

hanger4
11-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Back to the topic.
Which point Capt., whether fracking is or isn't safe ?? or Does the City or State have the finial say ?? or Is ThinkProgress showing their hypocrisy in that they have supported numerous law suits denying the will of the people ??

Bob
11-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Fracking is not the key issue.

They simply want to ban oil drilling. They want wells that are non productive to stay shut down.

Bob
11-12-2014, 01:28 PM
The point I guess I was going for is that regardless of what the community voted, our "democracy" or republic or whatever the fuck you want to call it does not give the people the power unless you're a wealthy landowner.

Voting is meaningless in this country.

Imagine if you will, that voters declared by voting that every home in your area is painted bright red?

What would you do?

Bob
11-12-2014, 01:32 PM
This article is about Denton TX voting to strip property owners of their rights.

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/nicolas-loris/fracking-has-amazing-benefits-so-why-did-texas-town-just-ban-it

Bear in mind, if they can do this to property owners who have land rights, it can be done to you and your own property rights.
/bob

Common
11-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Try spelling it right.

You require far more than he can provide

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Imagine if you will, that voters declared by voting that every home in your area is painted bright red?

What would you do?

On the flip side, if Megacorp, Inc. came in and said "We're painting all the houses in this town red, none of you can do or say anything about it" what would YOU do?

del
11-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Sup @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770) ?? How's the king a of the one line snark remarks ??

fine

thankyou for asking

PolWatch
11-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I guess Rick Perry is against big government interference...unless its HIS big government interference. Wonder how much the oil companies have kicked in for his campaign funds? How dare those people think they have a right to decide what happens in their town! the nerve of some people!

hanger4
11-12-2014, 04:29 PM
You require far more than he can provide

:p

Bob
11-12-2014, 05:25 PM
I guess Rick Perry is against big government interference...unless its HIS big government interference. Wonder how much the oil companies have kicked in for his campaign funds? How dare those people think they have a right to decide what happens in their town! the nerve of some people!

The wells are not in their downtown at the least.

The wells are the property of other owners. They have a right to do to the wells as they please.

Suppose your local town, maybe you are not in a town, told you you must by law paint your house so it looks like the old hammer and scythe of the Soviets.

Think you would do it for them?

PolWatch
11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
so you are ok with big government telling individual communities what they can or can't do? no prob but I thought you were against big government coming into communities & forcing their will on individuals. guess you still have dem traits...

Bob
11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Denton TX oil wells actual photograph

http://www.texas-drilling.com/denton-county/denton

Bob
11-12-2014, 05:30 PM
On the flip side, if Megacorp, Inc. came in and said "We're painting all the houses in this town red, none of you can do or say anything about it" what would YOU do?

I assume by that you fully agree with me.

I would fight the oil companies.

Mac-7
11-12-2014, 07:15 PM
If government can ignore the will of the people and legalize gay marriage against their wish why not force them to accept fracking too?

Alyosha
11-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Hum.

The will of the people overturned by a small clique of individuals in government?

That sounds familiar.

now libs know how supporters of traditional marriage feel when they decide the issue at the ballot box and it gets overturned by unelected lib judges.

Normally you have analogy fail, but this one was ok.

Mac-7
11-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Normally you have analogy fail, but this one was ok.

My analogies are always good.

But you usually just don't happen to agree with me.

Anyway I'm always happy to find common ground.