PDA

View Full Version : I've been away from the board...

CreepyOldDude
11-12-2014, 02:04 PM
...going to the funerals of five of of the guys from my platoon. One heart attack, one car accident, two lung cancers, and one Alzheimer's. It just so happened that right after Topps had his heart attack, Hawk was in an accident, then Lumpy and Lode lost their fights with cancer within a day of each other, and Wiz has been going for years. He just finally left the body behind.

There are only seven of us left, now, so far as any of us knows. A couple of guys became homeless, and we haven't heard anything for years.

"We knew them, we'll remember them, and they will not be forgotten.
To our fallen comrades!"

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Hang in there man, sorry for all the grief.

PolWatch
11-12-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. The older we get, the more time we spend at hospitals & funeral homes. Doesn't make it any easier... I take comfort in knowing that those I have lost are not really gone. Anytime we think of them or talk about them or do something they taught us, they live again.

silvereyes
11-15-2014, 03:19 AM
Oh wow. Thats alot to deal with. Lots of prayers for yall and all the families.

CreepyOldDude
12-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks, @Captain Obvious, PolWatch, and silvereyes. The guys were almost down to six of us left. The day I posted, I started feeling crappy, And left early. The next morning, I was sick. That evening, my lovely wife had to call for an ambulance, because I was drowning in my own mucus. I had pneumonia in a huge way. I wasn't really around for any of the first week at the hospital. And I was about as tired as I've ever been for the rest of it. It wasn't until last week that I could walk from the bedroom to the living room without having to stop to catch my breath.

If I have to walk more than a 100 feet or so, I still have to stop to catch my breath, but I'm getting better.

I hope everyone is doing good. :)

PolWatch
12-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Glad to see you back! Take care & get better...nuttin like a political forum to keep the ole blood pressure up & pumping! Just consider us part of your physical therapy team.

Cigar
12-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Wow ... 5 ? :shocked:

.. and they say bad news comes in 3s

nic34
12-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Good to see ya creepy...

CreepyOldDude
12-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Glad to see you back! Take care & get better...nuttin like a political forum to keep the ole blood pressure up & pumping! Just consider us part of your physical therapy team.

Even the chuckleheads here are good for something. :laugh:

CreepyOldDude
12-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Wow ... 5 ? :shocked:

.. and they say bad news comes in 3s

Yeah, it had serious amounts of suckage.

CreepyOldDude
12-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Good to see ya creepy...

Thanks. :)

The Xl
12-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Hang in there, dude. Nice to see you around.

CreepyOldDude
12-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Hang in there, dude. Nice to see you around.

Thanks. I was at home for a couple of weeks, after I got out of the hospital. With my wife, whom I love more than life itself. Who loves to talk. If I hadn't been ablt to come back to work today, I was going to try and relapse, so I could go back into the hospital, for some peace and quiet. :)

PolWatch
12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks. I was at home for a couple of weeks, after I got out of the hospital. With my wife, whom I love more than life itself. Who loves to talk. If I hadn't been ablt to come back to work today, I was going to try and relapse, so I could go back into the hospital, for some peace and quiet. :)

your secret is safe with us! my husband tells me he is working in his shop...I know he's really just hiding!

Peter1469
12-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Good to see you posting!

Dr. Who
12-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks, @Captain Obvious, @PolWatch (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1099), and @silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1218). The guys were almost down to six of us left. The day I posted, I started feeling crappy, And left early. The next morning, I was sick. That evening, my lovely wife had to call for an ambulance, because I was drowning in my own mucus. I had pneumonia in a huge way. I wasn't really around for any of the first week at the hospital. And I was about as tired as I've ever been for the rest of it. It wasn't until last week that I could walk from the bedroom to the living room without having to stop to catch my breath.

If I have to walk more than a 100 feet or so, I still have to stop to catch my breath, but I'm getting better.

I hope everyone is doing good. :)
Sorry to hear that you've been ill CoD. Pneumonia is no fun at all. I hope you're over the worst of it and get well ASAP. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

silvereyes
12-05-2014, 12:01 AM
hope youre better!

Redrose
12-05-2014, 04:23 AM
...going to the funerals of five of of the guys from my platoon. One heart attack, one car accident, two lung cancers, and one Alzheimer's. It just so happened that right after Topps had his heart attack, Hawk was in an accident, then Lumpy and Lode lost their fights with cancer within a day of each other, and Wiz has been going for years. He just finally left the body behind.

There are only seven of us left, now, so far as any of us knows. A couple of guys became homeless, and we haven't heard anything for years.

To our fallen comrades!"

I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers.

Max Rockatansky
12-05-2014, 05:59 AM

To our fallen comrades!"

This getting old crap isn't all it's cracked up to be. Hope you feel better soon.