PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Elizabeth Warren Gets Senate Democratic Leadership Spot

Cigar
11-13-2014, 04:20 PM
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) gained a leadership position in the Senate Democratic caucus Thursday, giving the prominent progressive senator a key role in shaping the party's policy priorities.

Warren's new role, which was created specifically for her, will be strategic policy adviser to the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee, helping to craft the party's policy positions and priorities. She will also serve as a liaison to progressive groups to ensure they have a voice in leadership meetings and discussions, according to a source familiar with the role.

A source close to Warren told The Huffington Post that the senator was interested in the position because she wanted to have a seat at the table in the leadership meetings in order to influence the agenda.

Sources told HuffPost that Warren had the strong support of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who wanted her as part of his team. Warren's presence in the weekly leadership meetings and her role helping to shape the caucus' policies are significant for progressives.

Reid's support for Warren also underscores his desire to push progressive policies in the next Congress, a priority his office has confirmed.

"If the ballot measure results are any indication, actual progressive policies remain popular with voters in red and blue states. I believe you’ll see a Senate Democratic caucus fight on behalf of those policies and provide the votes if and when Republicans are ready to act," Faiz Shakir, a senior adviser to Reid, told HuffPost earlier this month.

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/13/elizabeth-warren-senate_n_6149454.html

:applause:

Common
11-13-2014, 04:23 PM
ALL the polls show progressive policies are not popular, only 7% of americans listed immigration as important. The number 1 concern of americans by polls is the Economy and Govt second.

Mac-7
11-13-2014, 04:30 PM
"Progressive" democrats are not good at delivering jobs but they go out of their way to make Obama voters comfortable on welfare.

texan
11-13-2014, 04:35 PM
No one gets that support unless Obama says ok........Ooops Hillary.

momsapplepie
11-13-2014, 04:35 PM
fauxcahontas isn't going to go over well being the proven liar and 1%that she is.

texan
11-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes she is a solid 1/10th of 1% Indian LOL.....................She can be trusted.....

nathanbforrest45
11-13-2014, 05:01 PM
I guess they learned nothing from last Tuesday

Common
11-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Your all insinuating progressive policies are always a loser and thats not the case.
The situation today is many years of the working class and middle class being depressed. They are underpaid underemployed and unemployed. This has been going on for years and the rich and the corps and billionaire super pacs have assured the american people suffer for their political and financial gain.

Right now after all this time americans want to feel they can provide for their kids again. The want some feeling of security. Progressive policies that help a few isnt what the country needs right now.

Obama is always in the right place at the wrong time.

Howey
11-13-2014, 06:57 PM
ALL the polls show progressive policies are not popular, only 7% of americans listed immigration as important. The number 1 concern of americans by polls is the Economy and Govt second.

Wrongo!

Immigration is quickly increasing in public interest.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/179381/americans-say-government-economy-important-problems.aspx

nathanbforrest45
11-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Your all insinuating progressive policies are always a loser and thats not the case.
The situation today is many years of the working class and middle class being depressed. They are underpaid underemployed and unemployed. This has been going on for years and the rich and the corps and billionaire super pacs have assured the american people suffer for their political and financial gain.

Right now after all this time americans want to feel they can provide for their kids again. The want some feeling of security. Progressive policies that help a few isnt what the country needs right now.

Progressive polices never work long term. You run out of victims to fleece. Just because I want to have you take care of me and you do doesn't mean that is a good system. Progressives can not produce anything, they must steal it from those that do.

PolWatch
11-13-2014, 07:39 PM
I think y'all are missing the real point of this action....looks like Hillary might have some party members who are not behind her candidacy 100%. Ya think this new position will put Warren in the public eye? Just in case she decides to give Hillary a run for the nomination?

Common
11-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Wrongo!

Immigration is quickly increasing in public interest.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/179381/americans-say-government-economy-important-problems.aspx

It went from 7% to 13 and ill bet it had a 4% margin of error. LMAO so thats a mass movement for immigration.

I get gallup polls daily in my email along with a few others. Im not even going to bother posting others. It just wont serve any purpose.

If you want to believe america wants more illegal immigration fine go for it. If you want to believe americans arent focused on this economy far more than anything else, just go for it. I dont

Common
11-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Progressive polices never work long term. You run out of victims to fleece. Just because I want to have you take care of me and you do doesn't mean that is a good system. Progressives can not produce anything, they must steal it from those that do.

Just like your corporate scum buddies have run out of american workers to screw.

Common
11-13-2014, 07:48 PM
I think y'all are missing the real point of this action....looks like Hillary might have some party members who are not behind her candidacy 100%. Ya think this new position will put Warren in the public eye? Just in case she decides to give Hillary a run for the nomination?

If democrats run on a progressive platform they can kiss all 3 branchs goodbye. Americans will not buy special interest politics until they feel prosperous again.

PolWatch
11-13-2014, 07:50 PM
If democrats run on a progressive platform they can kiss all 3 branchs goodbye. Americans will not buy special interest politics until they feel prosperous again.

I can't argue with your statement...but I think this new position for Warren is more than just a new job. who knows?

Bob
11-13-2014, 07:53 PM
What is there about ... Reid lost and is moving down, don't you get Cigar?

Reid and his band of outlaws will vacate those plush offices they have had for some years.

They will have to call out for sandwiches. They might get the back tables at the cafeteria.

Bob
11-13-2014, 08:00 PM

Obama introduced the 30 hr workweek. Trouble is, it is not enough hours for familes to provide for the family.

How about this. A woman was on TV on Wednesday and her complaint is her drugs used to cost her a few dollars per month. Now that Obamacare took over, she pays $1,227 per month. She said, she can't afford it. One woman on Obama care stated she is not able to pay $60 per visit to see a doctor. She simply has no cash. The premiums take all of her spare cash.

Good going Obama.

Blackrook
11-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Isn't Elizabeth Warren the woman who lied about having Indian ancestry to take advantage of affirmative action policies?

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/cherokee-genealogist-to-elizabeth-warren-your-native-american-issue-has-not-been-put-to-rest/

Apparently, liberal Democrats don't care when their leaders lie. But we all know that.

PolWatch
11-13-2014, 08:11 PM
when dealing with politicians & lies, they all have glass houses....

Howey
11-13-2014, 11:50 PM
It went from 7% to 13 and ill bet it had a 4% margin of error. LMAO so thats a mass movement for immigration.

I get gallup polls daily in my email along with a few others. Im not even going to bother posting others. It just wont serve any purpose.

If you want to believe america wants more illegal immigration fine go for it. If you want to believe americans arent focused on this economy far more than anything else, just go for it. I dont

I don't believe anyone wants more illegal immigrants. A path to citizenship for those willing to work and their children, yes.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 05:53 AM
when dealing with politicians & lies, they all have glass houses....

Except in the case of Senator Pocahontas who lives in a glass teepee.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 05:55 AM
I don't believe anyone wants more illegal immigrants. A path to citizenship for those willing to work and their children, yes.

Why do illegal aliens deserve a path to citizenship?

If they have a squeaky clean criminal record they might earn residency.

That allows them to remain in the US without being deported but does not make them full citizens.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Why do illegal aliens deserve a path to citizenship?

If they have a squeaky clean criminal record they might earn residency.

That allows them to remain in the US without being deported but does not make them full citizens.

Why not let them become citizens? Frankly I think that if someone like you has citizenship, the bar has been set fairly low.

Why do you deserve to be a citizen?

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Why not let them become citizens?

We should reserve citizenship for those who followed the rules to come here.

If illegal are allowed to stay in spite of their cheating that is more than they deserve.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 09:50 AM
We should reserve citizenship for those who followed the rules to come here.

If illegal are allowed to stay in spite of their cheating that is more than they deserve.

...how do you become a citizen?

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 09:57 AM
...how do you become a citizen?

Citizens are born or naturalized.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Citizens are born or naturalized.

So it was just given to you. OK.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:00 AM
So it was just given to you. OK.

yes.

And I didn't cheat or break the law first.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:02 AM
yes.

And I didn't cheat or break the law first.

...but you did nothing to deserve it.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:03 AM
...but you did nothing to deserve it.

i followed the rules.

illegal aliens didn't.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:05 AM
i followed the rules.

illegal aliens didn't.

...and the kids of illegals who have lived here since infancy?

nathanbforrest45
11-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Just like your corporate scum buddies have run out of american workers to screw.

Yes right. The corporation executives have raiding parties that burst into people's homes and force them to work at less than slave wages.

You commies really truly get old very quickly.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Under current law if they were born here they get citizenship.

but their illegal alien parents should never be allowed the same privilege.

nathanbforrest45
11-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Why not let them become citizens? Frankly I think that if someone like you has citizenship, the bar has been set fairly low.

Why do you deserve to be a citizen?

I deserve to be a citizen because, unlike you, I was born here. How many illegals are streaming into Canada on a daily basis? What would the Canadian government do if millions of non English speaking illegals suddenly moved into Toronto?

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Under current law if they were born here they get citizenship.

but their illegal alien parents should never be allowed the same privilege.

So a 12 year old kid who has lived in the US since birth can stay, but his or her parents gotta go? How's that going to work?

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:11 AM
I deserve to be a citizen because, unlike you, I was born here. How many illegals are streaming into Canada on a daily basis? What would the Canadian government do if millions of non English speaking illegals suddenly moved into Toronto?

I am a citizen.

There are many non English speaking Torontonians.

nathanbforrest45
11-14-2014, 10:12 AM

They are still illegals and therefore not deserving to be automatically afforded citizenship. Just because time passes does not mean the law no longer applies.

What is Canada's policy regarding citizenship. Can I just sneak across the border in the middle of the night and become a Canadian citizen in a few years because I was never caught?

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:12 AM
So a 12 year old kid who has lived in the US since birth can stay, but his or her parents gotta go? How's that going to work?

If the parent has numerous incidents on his criminal record he has to go.

if the parent has a squeaky clean criminal record and a steady job - and if the border is genuinely closed first - then he could be allowed a green card but not citizenship.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I am a citizen.

French?

nathanbforrest45
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM

They should not be allowed to stay. That in my opinion is a misinterpretation of the law.

nathanbforrest45
11-14-2014, 10:14 AM
I am a citizen.

US or Canadian? Do you have dual citizenship? Did you sneak into the country and are now claiming to be a US citizen because you have been here x number of years?

How well does having two languages work in Quebec?

Oh, wait, I know the answer you will give. GREAT because I would never say anything that would harm my position.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:15 AM
French?

People in Toronto don't speak French.

Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Spanish, Tagalog....

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:18 AM
US or Canadian? Do you have dual citizenship? Did you sneak into the country and are now claiming to be a US citizen because you have been here x number of years?

How well does having two languages work in Quebec?

Oh, wait, I know the answer you will give. GREAT because I would never say anything that would harm my position.

I'm a Canadian citizen. You said I wasn't a "citizen"...I was just having some fun.

Two languages in Quebec doesn't really keep people up at night. It doesn't really bother me when I go there.

Canada (Britain at the time) conquered the French, the US conquered the Spanish. We both live with the consequences.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm a Canadian citizen. You said I wasn't a "citizen"...I was just having some fun.

Two languages in Quebec doesn't really keep people up at night. It doesn't really bother me when I go there.

Canada (Britain at the time) conquered the French, the US conquered the Spanish. We both live with the consequences.

i keep forgetting that you are a foreigner who does not even belong in these conversations.

decedent
11-14-2014, 10:22 AM
i keep forgetting that you are a foreigner who does not even belong in these conversations.

Foreigners aren't allowed to talk about America. It's just as silly as American's talking about foreign countries (which should be outlawed).

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:23 AM

I'm not a foreigner. I'm sitting right here in my country.

decedent
11-14-2014, 10:30 AM

You're not American, so you're a foreigner.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:34 AM
You're not American, so you're a foreigner.

I guess that makes us both foreigners.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Not the right country when it comes to issues about America.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Not the right country when it comes to issues about America.

Tell you what, when America no longer pokes its nose into other countries business and does not affect my life directly, I'll shut up about America. Until then you're free to talk with me or ignore me. Either is acceptable to me.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Tell you what, when America no longer pokes its nose into other countries business and does not affect my life directly, I'll shut up about America. Until then you're free to talk with me or ignore me. Either is acceptable to me.

Ill tell you what.

You have overstayed your visa for today.

silvereyes
People in Toronto don't speak French.

Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Spanish, Tagalog....
Oops. Wrong part. Sorry!

Common Sense
Ill tell you what.

LOL...yeah, what are you going to do about it?

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Ill tell you what.

Ill tell YOU what: no one died and left you in charge of amnesty international or any other organization.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Ill tell YOU what: no one died and left you in charge of amnesty international or any other organization.

I am telling you what the shape of a compromise on amnesty could look like that many American conservatives might support.

verified border security first.

and then green cards but no chance for citizenship.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 11:24 AM
I am telling you what the shape of a compromise on amnesty could look like that many American conservatives might support.

Why no chance for citizenship? Why not a path towards citizenship?

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 11:25 AM

Um...what? Whys that?

Captain Obvious
11-14-2014, 11:26 AM
http://thecollegepolitico.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/scumbagwarren.png

Captain Obvious
11-14-2014, 11:27 AM
http://thelookingspoon.com/tlsimages/blog/2012/more_proof_elizabeth_warren_is_an_indian.jpg

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 11:42 AM

Because they broke the law and cheated to get here.

Citizenship should be reserved for true immigrants that followed the rules.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Aye yi yi. So, once broken it cant be remedied?

Professor Peabody
11-14-2014, 03:48 PM

In order to be here and work here they had to have broken one or many of the laws below. Most are Felonies. A felons path should be back to where they came from.

1. Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act of 1998
P.L. 105-318
Enacted H.R. 4151, October 30, 1998
112 Sat. 3007, codified at 18 U.S.C § 1028

* The Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act of 1998 was the first piece of federal legislation to deal directly with identity theft. The term “means of identification" is described as a person’s "name, social security number, date of birth, official State or government issued driver's license or identification number, alien registration number, government passport number, employer or taxpayer identification number." (18 U.S.C. § 1028(d)(7)). The U.S. Sentencing Commission is directed to incorporate the crime of ID theft into the United States Sentencing Guidelines Manual (United States Sentencing Commission, Identity Theft: Final Report)

http://www.llrx.com/features/idtheftguide.htm#statutes governing

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION REFORM AND IMMIGRANT RESPONSIBILITY ACT 1996 (IIRIRA-96)

Section 215. Criminal Penalty for False Claim to Citizenship.

It is unlawful for any person to: (1) make a false claim to U.S. citizenship or nationality for the purpose of obtaining, for him or herself or any other person, any federal benefit or service or employment in the U.S.; and (2) make a false claim to U.S. citizenship to vote or register to vote in any federal, state, or local election.

http://www.nacua.org/documents/iirira.pdf

Title 26 USC § 7206(1) Fraud and false statements

Any Person who… (1) Declaration under penalties of perjury - Willfully makes and subscribes any return, statement, or other document, which contains or is verified by a written declaration that is made under the penalties of perjury, and which he does not believe to be true and correct as to every material matter; shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof;

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0,,id=106790,00.html

§ 7206. Fraud and false statements [Income Tax W-2 and Returns]

Any person who—

(1) Declaration under penalties of perjury - Willfully makes and subscribes any return, statement, or other document, which contains or is verified by a written declaration that it is made under the penalties of perjury, and which he does not believe to be true and correct as to every material matter;

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/usc_sec_26_00007206----000-.html

§ 7207. Fraudulent [tax] returns, statements, or other documents

Any person who willfully delivers or discloses to the Secretary any list, return, account, statement, or other document, known by him to be fraudulent or to be false as to any material matter, shall be fined not more than $10,000 ($50,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both. Any person required pursuant to section 6047 (b), section 6104(d), or subsection (i) or (j) of section 527 to furnish any information to the Secretary or any other person who willfully furnishes to the Secretary or such other person any information known by him to be fraudulent or to be false as to any material matter shall be fined not more than $10,000 ($50,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/usc_sec_26_00007207----000-.html

§ 7205. Fraudulent withholding exemption certificate or failure to supply information

(a) Withholding on wages
Any individual required to supply information to his employer under section 3402 who willfully supplies false or fraudulent information, or who willfully fails to supply information thereunder which would require an increase in the tax to be withheld under section 3402, shall, in addition to any other penalty provided by law, upon conviction thereof, be fined not more than $1,000, or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/usc_sec_26_00007205----000-.html

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0,,id=106790,00.html

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION REFORM AND IMMIGRANT RESPONSIBILITY ACT 1996 (IIRIRA-96)

Section 215. Criminal Penalty for False Claim to Citizenship.

It is unlawful for any person to: (1) make a false claim to U.S. citizenship or nationality for the purpose of obtaining, for him or herself or any other person, any federal benefit or service or employment in the U.S.; and (2) make a false claim to U.S. citizenship to vote or register to vote in any federal, state, or local election.

http://www.takatalaw.com/us/iract96.html

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00001015----000-.html

I.N.A. § 222(g) visa overstays

(g)(1) In the case of an alien who has been admitted on the basis of a nonimmigrant visa and remained in the United States beyond the period of stay authorized by the Attorney General, such visa shall be void beginning after the conclusion of such period of stay.

(2) An alien described in paragraph (1) shall be ineligible to be readmitted to the United States as a nonimmigrant, except--

(A) on the basis of a visa (other than the visa described in paragraph (1) issued in a consular office located in the country of the alien's nationality (or, if there is no office in such country, in such other consular office as the Secretary of State shall specify); or

Cancellation of visa

The law provides that the visa of individuals who overstay is automatically voided and all future nonimmigrant visas must be obtained in the country of nationality, except for those who are eligible for an exemption due to "extraordinary circumstances." If the individual has more than one visa in the passport, only the visa that was used to enter the country is considered to be void, but when the other visa expires, a new visa application must be made in the home country (DOS cable, June 1999). It is important to remember that I.N.A. § 222(g) can only be used to deny a visa if the applicant is a third-country national applying in a country other than the home country. If an individual who is subject to I.N.A. § 222(g) applies for a visa at a U.S. consular office in his or her home country, § 222(g) is not a basis for denial of the visa.

Restriction on place of future visa applications

If subject to INA § 222(g), the alien is permanently limited to applying for future nonimmigrant visas only at a U.S. consular office located in the country of his or her nationality, unless the Department of State finds that "extraordinary circumstances" exist.

I.N.A. § 212(a)(9)(B) unlawful presence

(B) ALIENS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT.-

(i) In general.-Any alien (other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence) who-

(I) was unlawfully present in the United States for a period of more than 180 days but less than 1 year, voluntarily departed the United States (whether or not pursuant to section 244(e)) prior to the commencement of proceedings under section 235(b)(1) or section 240, and again seeks admission within 3 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal, or

(II) has been unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more, and who again seeks admission within 10 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal from the United States,

-is inadmissible.

(ii) Construction of unlawful presence. -For purposes of this paragraph, an alien is deemed to be unlawfully present in the United States if the alien is present in the United States after the expiration of the period of stay authorized by the Attorney General or is present in the United States without being admitted or paroled.

Penalties for unlawful presence

If an alien is determined to be "unlawfully present" under I.N.A. § 212(a)(9)(B), he or she is subject to the following penalties:

3-year bar to readmission to the United States if he or she voluntarily departs the United States after being unlawfully present for more than 180 consecutive days but less than 1 year
10-year bar to readmission to the United States if he or she departs (voluntarily or involuntarily) the United States after being unlawfully present for 1 consecutive year or more

I.N.A. § 212(a)(9)(B)(i)

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 03:49 PM
but but but! Obama says those laws don't matter!

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 03:54 PM

Yet under his watch he has deported more illegals than the previous administration.

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 03:58 PM
If you say so.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 04:02 PM
If you say so.

Can you prove otherwise?

Howey
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
In order to be here and work here they had to have broken one or many of the laws below. Most are Felonies. A felons path should be back to where they came from.

I'll assume neither one of you are capable of backing up your claims?

I'd suggest you read this:

http://politicalcorrection.org/factcheck/201112190005

decedent
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
How about this. A woman was on TV on Wednesday and her complaint is her drugs used to cost her a few dollars per month. Now that Obamacare took over, she pays $1,227 per month. She said, she can't afford it. One woman on Obama care stated she is not able to pay $60 per visit to see a doctor. She simply has no cash. The premiums take all of her spare cash.

Good going Obama.

Supposedly, the maximum out-of-pocket expenses for an individual plan from the exchange is $6,600 per year. $1,227 is well above that. Obama obviously lied about that too, because your anecdote is obviously highly reliable.

silvereyes
11-15-2014, 03:01 AM
Can you prove otherwise?

Thats what i thought.

Mac-7
11-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Thats what i thought.

You only have Obama's word for it.

And we know he's a liar.