PDA

View Full Version : I would be shocked if Obama did the right thing on ISIS --Dick Cheney

Bob
11-14-2014, 01:51 PM
President Bush explained to Sean Hannity why he won't criticize Obama, but as you can tell from this older article, Dick Cheney has no compunctions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cheney-id-be-shocked-if-obama-did-the-right-thing-on-isis-2014-9

Snip

Hours before Obama is set to give the primetime speech, Cheney delivered a prebuttal of sorts before the conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute. Cheney said he hopes Obama emerges with a "forceful" military plan for the Islamic State, also known as ISIS. However, Cheney also indicated such a move would be a "dramatic departure" from the president's record.
"In a few hours we’ll hear what he has in mind for the terrorist onslaught currently in Iraq. We can hope for — and we should look for — signs of a forceful, bold, and immediate strategy to defeat ISIS. We can say already, however, that such a plan would mark an abrupt and dramatic departure from his rhetoric thus far," Cheney said.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cheney-id-be-shocked-if-obama-did-the-right-thing-on-isis-2014-9#ixzz3J4QL8f7X

Cigar
11-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Who on this Planet still lesions to that idiot :rollseyes:

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Yeah, Cheney did such a great job. Maybe he should stick to shooting old men in the face instead of shooting his mouth off.

Bob
11-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Yeah, Cheney did such a great job. Maybe he should stick to shooting old men in the face instead of shooting his mouth off.

Were Cheney a Democrat, you would be falling all over yourself making excuses.

I know how that accident took place and can argue for Cheney very well. But I want you to spin in your malice juices.

Bob
11-14-2014, 02:06 PM

I ask that about you a lot. Nah, you are okay once the Democrat skin is removed and you are barbequed.

Hey, what can I say. You are maybe a member of the Corvette Club. I used to be a member and got the monthly magazine for a long time. I got mine for a new 1960 Corvette.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 02:07 PM

I know how that accident took place and can argue for Cheney very well. But I want you to spin in your malice juices.

Flash forward 7 years, if I was to post some shit Biden said about the then current foreign policy, then you might have a point and it would be equally stupid on my part.

Malice juices? I don't know why but that cracks me up.

Cigar
11-14-2014, 02:38 PM
I ask that about you a lot. Nah, you are okay once the Democrat skin is removed and you are barbequed.

Hey, what can I say. You are maybe a member of the Corvette Club. I used to be a member and got the monthly magazine for a long time. I got mine for a new 1960 Corvette.

The Dude Lied us into a decade long War ... what worse that that ... Health Care for Americans :laugh:

I don't pay to be a Member of anything ... our Corvette Club is only a Social Club for Guys and Gals to get together and show and talk Cars and have a good time.

sachem
11-14-2014, 03:26 PM

I know how that accident took place and can argue for Cheney very well. But I want you to spin in your malice juices.You know everything, Bob. We are aware of that. ;)

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:27 PM
You know everything, Bob. We are aware of that. ;)

Don't feel so inferior for my sake.

sachem
11-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Don't feel so inferior for my sake.Ok, Bob.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:30 PM
The Dude Lied us into a decade long War ... what worse that that ... Health Care for Americans :laugh:

I don't pay to be a Member of anything ... our Corvette Club is only a Social Club for Guys and Gals to get together and show and talk Cars and have a good time.

Obama lives by lying. You accept his lies.

I never paid to be a member of the Corvette Club. It was free to new corvette owners. I must have got my magazines from 1960 clear up to around 1980.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Ok, Bob.

No really, the only way you could talk to me as you do is you feel inferior.

I am not trying to impart feelings of inferiority on you or others.

del
11-14-2014, 03:33 PM
President Bush explained to Sean Hannity why he won't criticize Obama, but as you can tell from this older article, Dick Cheney has no compunctions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cheney-id-be-shocked-if-obama-did-the-right-thing-on-isis-2014-9

Snip

Hours before Obama is set to give the primetime speech, Cheney delivered a prebuttal of sorts before the conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute. Cheney said he hopes Obama emerges with a "forceful" military plan for the Islamic State, also known as ISIS. However, Cheney also indicated such a move would be a "dramatic departure" from the president's record.
"In a few hours we’ll hear what he has in mind for the terrorist onslaught currently in Iraq. We can hope for — and we should look for — signs of a forceful, bold, and immediate strategy to defeat ISIS. We can say already, however, that such a plan would mark an abrupt and dramatic departure from his rhetoric thus far," Cheney said.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cheney-id-be-shocked-if-obama-did-the-right-thing-on-isis-2014-9#ixzz3J4QL8f7X

dick cheney and the right thing are mutually exclusive concepts, bobby

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Sachem, when you try to put me down, bear in mind a few things.
1. I have posted on the internet since the mid 90s. I have read every snotty thing posters can say to me.
2. I have vast interests. But I also shun things a lot of the times since I know nothing about those topics.
3. The internet traffics generally in politics, this is like shooting fish in a barrel to me.
4. Other issues are slavery. I long ago got pretty well versed on that topic.
Anyway, just a hint. Speak in more than one line or several words. It will improve your image.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Everybody: 1, 2, 3....

Ok bob!

del
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM

:rofl:

that's good, bob

i know i'm tremendously grateful

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:35 PM
dick cheney and the right thing are mutually exclusive concepts, bobby

Sad you have nothing more to offer than that smear.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Everybody: 1, 2, 3....

Ok bob!

I can endure your barbs as long as you can toss them.

Tell your mom. She will be so very proud how you talk about me.

del
11-14-2014, 03:36 PM

truth hurts doesn't it, bobbee?

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:37 PM
truth hurts doesn't it, bobbee?

From you? Nothing is true.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 03:37 PM
1. I have posted on the internet since the mid 90s. I have read every snotty thing posters can say to me.
2. I have vast interests. But I also shun things a lot of the times since I know nothing about those topics.
3. The internet traffics generally in politics, this is like shooting fish in a barrel to me.
Anyway, just a hint. Speak in more than one line or several words. It will improve your image.

Bwhahahaha...Bob, she's having fun with you. You're a legend in your own mind.

You're missing all the fish, btw.

nic34
11-14-2014, 03:38 PM

It's all torturers deserve...

sachem
Anyway, just a hint. Speak in more than one line or several words. It will improve your image.I prefer brevity. No one on a forum has anything interesting enough to say that takes more than a short paragraph or two.

Bob
Bwhahahaha...Bob, she's having fun with you. You're a legend in your own mind.

You're missing all the fish, btw.

Thanks and apparently I am a legend in her mind and yours as well.

I can dish it out as well as you and her can dish it out.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:39 PM
I prefer brevity. No one on a forum has anything interesting enough to say that takes more than a short paragraph or two.
Fine

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 03:40 PM

LOl...no.

sachem
11-14-2014, 03:44 PM
FineOk.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I can endure your barbs as long as you can toss them.

Tell your mom. She will be so very proud how you talk about me.
Bob, my mom has a great sense of humor like me. Shed be laughing too.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Bob, my mom has a great sense of humor like me. Shed be laughing too.

Some of you derailed this topic by converting it from Cheney and Bush to being about me.

That is so damned sad you refuse to discuss the actual topic.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Ok.

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 03:51 PM
standard liberal diversion tactic.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Some of you derailed this topic by converting it from Cheney and Bush to being about me.

That is so $#@!ed sad you refuse to discuss the actual topic.

You started that, Bob. You started it when you made laughable claims of your superiority.

sachem
11-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:53 PM
You started that, Bob. You started it when you made laughable claims of your superiority.

It was derailed and it was by a put down. She felt she must put me down. She got what she deserved.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 03:54 PM

That is so damned sad you refuse to discuss the actual topic.
Oh quit crying. We are just razzin' ya.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 03:54 PM
You mean his usual high-handed bullshit?

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh quit crying. We are just razzin' ya.

No crying here. Now can you stop crying?

Common Sense
It was derailed and it was by a put down. She felt she must put me down. She got what she deserved.

You're right. She did deserve a laugh at your expense.

silvereyes
Lmao. What put down? Crybaby.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:56 PM
You mean his usual high-handed bullshit?

Oh that is right, you told me you were just "razzing."

The high handed bull shit is flung at me by the left.

momsapplepie
too bad this thread got trolled. It was a good subject.

silvereyes
No crying here. Now can you stop crying?

Crying = you.

Laughing at you crying = me.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Lmao. What put down? Crybaby.

Ahh, you are merely razzing and flinging bullshit.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh that is right, you told me you were just "razzing."

The high handed bull shit is flung at me by the left.
I was razzin you then you decided you were superior. Wait. Thats ALLLLLLL the time.

Bob
11-14-2014, 03:58 PM

Their goal is to totally mess it up and ruin the topic.

Back to President Bush refusing to comment on the Obama poorly ran presidency.

Thankfully Dick Cheney has no fear of trying to take on the tyrant.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Tell us more. Why is it a good subject?

Bob
11-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I was razzin you then you decided you were superior. Wait. Thats ALLLLLLL the time.

Really, explain why you think I am superior. I make no such claims.

You = wrong
Me = right

Can you please end your trolling and speak of the actual topic?

Would be so kind of you to act like a real adult.

silvereyes

I never paid to be a member of the Corvette Club. It was free to new corvette owners. I must have got my magazines from 1960 clear up to around 1980.

Who derailed this thread again?

momsapplepie
Bush never did play the one upmanship game in politics. Cheney doesn't pull punches.

Bob
11-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Islamic State (which is also known as ISIS and ISIL) has made rapid and surprising gains in Iraq and Syria over the last year. The jihadist group recently beheaded two American journalists and is threatening to conduct still more violence against the West.
Though the White House has touted U.S. efforts against ISIS thus far, Cheney said Obama was pursuing "utterly failed" policies that were "willfully blind" of what is needed to maintain U.S. security. Cheney, a frequent Obama administration critic, blasted the president for allegedly reducing the scope of the U.S. military in particular.
"This is the most critical measure that we can apply to the president’s remarks today: Any serious strategy has to include a major new commitment to restoring our nation’s military preparedness," he said. "We're nearing a crisis point in the decline of American military power; it has to be addressed and right away."
Cheney also accused Obama of taking credit of the security policies implemented under Cheney's former boss, then-President George W. Bush.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cheney-id-be-shocked-if-obama-did-the-right-thing-on-isis-2014-9#ixzz3J4xRprdp

Bob
11-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Bush never did play the one upmanship game in politics. Cheney doesn't pull punches.

Bush told why he won't do to Obama what Obama does to President Bush.

Bob
11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Who derailed this thread again?

Every reply by me was made to a poster trying to derail this thread. Did you ever address the topic?

Nope, your topic is Bob.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Every reply by me was made to a poster trying to derail this thread. Did you ever address the topic?

Nope, your topic is Bob.
No they werent. You are/were hellbent to prove your superiority AS ALWAYS in every subject.

What does corvette mag have to do with this? What did your litte list for sachem have to do with this?

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Bush told why he won't do to Obama what Obama does to President Bush.
Yes, Bush has class, something Obama sorely lacks. Just ask the Chinese!:laugh:

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Yes, Bush has class, something Obama sorely lacks. Just ask the Chinese!:laugh:

Yeah, when I think of class, I think of George Bush. LOL...

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. Would like to have a beer with him...but he's not exactly a class act.

His father, the elder statesman has class.

silvereyes
11-14-2014, 04:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. Would like to have a beer with him...but he's not exactly a class act.

Thats because us texans are AWESOME. :*)

hanger4
11-14-2014, 04:44 PM
The Dude Lied us into a decade long War ...

That was debunked years ago Cigar please try and keep up.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 04:45 PM
That was debunked years ago @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) please try and keep up.

That's debatable...Did he lie or just not tell the truth? Did he say things that later turned out to be false? Yes. Did he do so knowingly? Who knows.

hanger4
11-14-2014, 04:55 PM
That's debatable...Did he lie or just not tell the truth? Did he say things that later turned out to be false? Yes. Did he do so knowingly? Who knows.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/08/AR2008060801687.html. If that's not good enough try looking up tje Senate Sellect Committee on Intelligence' report and read it.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 05:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/08/AR2008060801687.html. If that's not good enough try looking up tje Senate Sellect Committee on Intelligence' report and read it.

That's an editorial from WaPo...

I'm supposed to believe the senate? Should I believe the Warren Report as well?

Peter1469
11-14-2014, 05:11 PM
The OP is from September 10th. The Islamic State has lost ground since then.

Anyway, the most foolish thing that the US could do right now is invade and re-attempt nation building.

hanger4
11-14-2014, 05:19 PM
That's an editorial from WaPo...

I'm supposed to believe the senate? Should I believe the Warren Report as well?
Yes an editorial from WatPo that refers to the report I mentioned. The Committees report was from a Democrate majority chaired by Rockefella no less. Hell the report hardly got any air time cause it debunked the lefts preconceived notions.

Bob
11-14-2014, 05:37 PM

Bush kept telling us

Saddam is a grave gathering danger

What lie is that?

Oh by the way, Sarin and other WMD was found in Iraq.
PS, kiss Colin Powell who told the UN all about his findings on WMD.

Powell reported how he went to the CIA and obtained all of their evidence.

Bush talk

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=43466

Iraq 'a Grave and Gathering Danger,' Bush Tells U.N.By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, Sept. 12, 2002 – President Bush called Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq a "grave and gathering danger" during a speech today to the U.N. General Assembly in New York.
Bush said the world must make a choice between fear and progress. He said the United States will take action against Saddam's brutal regime and urged the members to help. "By heritage and by choice, the United States of America will make that stand," Bush said. "And delegates to the United Nations, you have the power to make that stand as well."
Bush said terrorism is the greatest threat to world peace today. He said outlaw groups and outlaw regimes follow no laws of morality and have no limit to their violent ambitions. He said the terrorist threat is in many nations, including the United States.

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 05:40 PM
NO! Sadam had NO WMDS! How dare you question the leftist meme!

del
11-14-2014, 05:42 PM

no, you really can't, bobster.

Bob
11-14-2014, 05:44 PM

Bush has not drank alcohol in many years.

Talk about class, GW Bush refuses to run down Obama but the classless Obama makes Bush bashing his daily habit.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 05:45 PM

If you mean Obama its a rapidly shrinking number.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Bush kept telling us

Saddam is a grave gathering danger

What lie is that?

Oh by the way, Sarin and other WMD was found in Iraq.
PS, kiss Colin Powell who told the UN all about his findings on WMD.

Powell reported how he went to the CIA and obtained all of their evidence.

Bush talk

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=43466

Iraq 'a Grave and Gathering Danger,' Bush Tells U.N.

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, Sept. 12, 2002 – President Bush called Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq a "grave and gathering danger" during a speech today to the U.N. General Assembly in New York.
Bush said the world must make a choice between fear and progress. He said the United States will take action against Saddam's brutal regime and urged the members to help. "By heritage and by choice, the United States of America will make that stand," Bush said. "And delegates to the United Nations, you have the power to make that stand as well."
Bush said terrorism is the greatest threat to world peace today. He said outlaw groups and outlaw regimes follow no laws of morality and have no limit to their violent ambitions. He said the terrorist threat is in many nations, including the United States.

All the WMD's they found pre dated the first gulf war. They were not funding terrorism either.

They over sold the threat and they over sold the war.

They picked the evidence that supported their premise and disregarded the evidence that did not.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Bush has not drank alcohol in many years.

Talk about class, GW Bush refuses to run down Obama but the classless Obama makes Bush bashing his daily habit.

Bush does have class.

But he's not very smart.

obama is not smart either.

but he has no manners or class.

Bob
11-14-2014, 05:52 PM
NO! Sadam had NO WMDS! How dare you question the leftist meme!

Nope, no Sarin, no Mustard and certainly no Yellow Cake.

Peter1469
11-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Not all of it.
All the WMD's they found pre dated the first gulf war. They were not funding terrorism either.

They picked the evidence that supported their premise and disregarded the evidence that did not.

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 05:56 PM
What was that recent article that came out? Over 600 of our Military were exposed to those non-existent chemical weapons?

Peter1469
11-14-2014, 05:58 PM
What was that recent article that came out? Over 600 of our Military were exposed to those non-existent chemical weapons?

Most of those were pre-Gulf War munitions. They were the dangerous ones- leaking and stuff from no maintenance. The newer stuff was still safe to handle.

momsapplepie
11-14-2014, 06:01 PM
But Peter, we all know they weren't there!:wink:

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Bush does have class.

But he's not very smart.

obama is not smart either.

but he has no manners or class.

Funny how a graduate of both Yale and Harvard with a masters in Business, who became president after being a governor and a millionaire former major league baseball team general manager/owner is claimed to not be smart.

When Bush became president, he was a self made millionaire.

Obama made his, post his presidency from books.

I read an interview with some very smart intellectuals at Stanford University who said Bush is very smart.

When they claim Bush is not smart, I laugh a lot.

Mac-7
11-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Funny how a graduate of both Yale and Harvard with a masters in Business, who became president after being a governor and a millionaire former major league baseball team general manager/owner is claimed to not be smart.

When Bush became president, he was a self made millionaire.

Obama made his, post his presidency from books.

I read an interview with some very smart intellectuals at Stanford University who said Bush is very smart.

When they claim Bush is not smart, I laugh a lot.

Obama is is highly credentialed and I would not call him smart either.

I'm a conservative so I would choose bush over Obama every time, but neither of them were good presidents.

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:14 PM

They (he means Colin powell) picked the evidence that supported their premise and disregarded the evidence that did not.
Peter1469 who was there, corrected your comments on Iraq.

Kiss Colin Powell for overselling WMD to the UN. And bless his heart, he also claimed to have spent a week or more at the CIA looking over their proof.

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 06:16 PM
@Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) who was there, corrected your comments on Iraq.

Kiss Colin Powell for overselling WMD to the UN. And bless his heart, he also claimed to have spent a week or more at the CIA looking over their proof.

Powell was doing what he was told.

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Obama is is highly credentialed and I would not call him smart either.

I'm a conservative so I would choose bush over Obama every time, but neither of them were good presidents.

If you mean Bush does not rank in the top ten, I agree. But he is smart.

Reagan is the countries best ever president. Over Washington and Jefferson, etc.

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Powell was doing what he was told.

By George Tenet of the CIA

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 06:19 PM
By George Tenet of the CIA

By Bush and Dick.