PDA

View Full Version : George F Will calls Bushie's Iraq invasion the worst foreign policy in US history!

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 05:33 PM
What think Nutters? Time to toss your ONE remaining intellectual conservative under the proverbial bus? :)

The last 11 years have been filled with hard learning. The 2003 invasion of Iraq, the worst foreign policy decision in U.S. history, coincided with mission creep (“nation building”) in Afghanistan. Both strengthened what can be called the Republicans’ John Quincy Adams faction: America “goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.”

Alrighty then! ;-)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-a-fresh-start-for-us-foreign-policy/2014/11/12/d82a8b06-69c6-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-a-fresh-start-for-us-foreign-policy/2014/11/12/d82a8b06-69c6-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html)

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 05:35 PM
It certainly hasn't helped America in any way. It's been costly in regards to lives and money...and with what result?

exotix
11-14-2014, 05:38 PM
11/11/2014

Celebrating its sixtieth anniversary, CBS's Face The Nation this week touted sit-down interviews (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcripts-november-9-2014-obama-bush/) with President Obama and former President George W. Bush.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/11...es-of-t/201528 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/11/11/bob-schieffer-george-w-bush-and-the-echoes-of-t/201528)

As expected, the Obama interview featured more policy questions, as well as queries about the president and the Democratic Party's recent political failures.

By contrast, Bush, who's promoting a biography he wrote about his father, was treated to softer questions from host Bob Schieffer, with a strong emphasis on Bush's family and whether his younger brother Jeb will decide to run for president.

Schieffer did raise questions about one key Bush administration decision -- Bush's defining policy of invading Iraq -- though the queries seemed rather perfunctory on the CBS host's part.

There was nothing especially scandalous about Schieffer's decision to treat the former president differently than he did the sitting president, who, by definition, continues to face pressing issues and grapple with unforeseen crises.

And yet, there was something noteworthy about the way Schieffer just tossed off Bush's answers about the Iraq War and didn't ask a single obvious follow-up question.

The performance nicely captured the double standard (http://www.salon.com/2013/02/24/what_a_lapdog_press_really_looks_like_partner/) that seems to have always existed between Bush and the Beltway press.

SCHIEFFER ~ Do you have any regrets about that, Mr. President?

BUSH ~ Ah, no. I have regrets that, uhh--[deep breath]--that--

SCHIEFFER ~ I mean, do you ever feel that maybe it was the wrong decision?

BUSH ~ No, I think it was the right decision.

My, my regret is that, uhh, a violent group of people have risen--risen up again.
This is [long pause; shakes head] al-Qaeda plus.
And, um, I put in the book that they need to be defeated.
And, uh, I hope we do.
It's, uh--I hope that the strategy works.

http://mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2014/11/10/bush-schieffer.jpg

del
11-14-2014, 05:39 PM
intellectual

lol

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
It certainly hasn't helped America in any way. It's been costly in regards to lives and money...and with what result?

Kudos to Will laying the final nail in the GWB "museum" coffin!!

exotix
11-14-2014, 05:54 PM
"I think the answer is that we believe, with reason, that democracy’s infectious.
We’ve seen it.
We saw it happen in Eastern Europe.

It’s just — people reached a critical mass of mendacity under those regimes of the East block, and it exploded.

And I do believe that you will see [in the Middle East] a ripple effect, a happy domino effect, if you will, of democracy knocking over these medieval tyrannies "

~ George Will on October 8, 2002, interview with PBS’s Charlie Rose

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-09-04-GeorgeWill.jpg

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Saw that interview Exo.. and on THAT question he spewed THE most nervous response in the historamics of Shrubbery! ;-)

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 05:56 PM
intellectual

lol

CONGRATS.. you're the very FIRST board (or bored as the case may be) poster to toss your very LAST intellectual/thinking con under the bus!!

And for GOD's sake, can we please return the GOP to abject stupidity?

Oh wait, never mind! :D

The Xl
11-14-2014, 05:57 PM
It's up there, but we certainly have many of solid choices to choose from.

del
11-14-2014, 05:57 PM
CONGRATS.. you're the very FIRST board (or bored as the case may be) poster to toss you very LAST intellectual con under the bus!! :D

he's not mine, and i've thought him a pretentious asshat since at least 1980.

try again

hanger4
11-14-2014, 05:59 PM
What think Nutters? Time to toss your ONE remaining intellectual conservative under the proverbial bus? :)

The last 11 years have been filled with hard learning. The 2003 invasion of Iraq, the worst foreign policy decision in U.S. history, coincided with mission creep (“nation building”) in Afghanistan. Both strengthened what can be called the Republicans’ John Quincy Adams faction: America “goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.”

Alrighty then! ;-)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-a-fresh-start-for-us-foreign-policy/2014/11/12/d82a8b06-69c6-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html

Hind-Sight's always 20/20

The Xl
11-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Hind-Sight's always 20/20

It was pretty shitty in the moment. Anyone could see that, even a 14 year old high school kid.

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:06 PM
he's not mine, and i've thought him a pretentious asshat since at least 1980.

try again

Well Del, then WHOM do you consider your party's brain-trust at this point?

Face it dude, you have no leaders, only followers and mules that love to be ridden by teabagging cowboys. ;-)

Green Arrow
11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't know that I'd call it the worst in U.S. history. It's pretty mild considering the lasting affects from foreign policy choices made fifty more more years ago. But, it's also only eleven years old, so we may see more negative effects arise as a result in the future.

del
11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Well Del, then WHOM do you consider your party's brain-trust at this point?

Face it dude, you have no leaders, only followers. ;-)

i'll type this slowly so maybe you'll figure it out.

it's not my party.

derp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2-wMuh99A

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:13 PM
i'll type this slowly so maybe you'll figure it out.

it's not my party.

derp

Why of course, HOW could i have forgotten?

There are no actual Republicans on this board (or ANY of the boards i frequent)...

you just VOTE Republican (every fukin time! ;-)

hanger4
11-14-2014, 06:14 PM
It was pretty $#@!ty in the moment. Anyone could see that, even a 14 year old high school kid.

Oh, so all those Dems and Repubs that voted yea on the war resolution were less than 14. Who knew.

Green Arrow
11-14-2014, 06:15 PM

There are no actual Republicans on this board (or ANY of the boards i frequent)...

How do you know how he votes?

del
11-14-2014, 06:17 PM

of course i do

it was silly of me to think i could hide it from a towering intellect such as yours.

george will lol

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't know that I'd call it the worst in U.S. history. It's pretty mild considering the lasting affects from foreign policy choices made fifty more more years ago. But, it's also only eleven years old, so we may see more negative effects arise as a result in the future.

My friend .. said "negative effects" have been front and center since Junior F'd up the middle east!

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:20 PM
How do you know how he votes?

Perhaps i am a quick study? ;-)

of course i do

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 06:21 PM

of course i do

I think you may be mistaken in regards to Del.

del
11-14-2014, 06:23 PM

no, he's right

george will told him

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:24 PM

Doubt it mightily, but i will trust you for now as i'm a newbie even though he or she just admitted that he or she did. ;-)

del
11-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Doubt it mightily, but i will trust you for now as i'm a newbie even though he or she just admitted that he or she did. ;-)

what's your primary event in the special olympics, ace?

McCool
11-14-2014, 06:28 PM
After the thorough butt kicking the Left took in this last election, it only makes sense that some of you would gather at an anti-Bush thread to stomp on his memory.

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:30 PM

Del Taco folding. :cool:

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:31 PM
After the thorough butt kicking the Left took in this last election, it only makes sense that some of you would gather at an anti-Bush thread to stomp on his memory.

Hmmm cocky ain't ya? Stay tuned :D

George Will is YOUR guy. Deal with it!! ;-)

del
11-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Del Taco folding. :cool:

do you suck at that, too?

hanger4
11-14-2014, 06:33 PM

And that my dear Bo-4 is del in a nut shell. Sup del what's a snarkin' ??

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:35 PM
do you suck at that, too?

Nope, bend over and prepare for the beef! ;-)

hanger4
11-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Hmmm $#@!y ain't ya? Stay tuned :D

George Will is YOUR guy. Deal with it!! ;-)

I guess that Repub in lock-step is a leftist myth too. LOL

exotix
11-14-2014, 06:37 PM
What's this butt-kicking you speak of ?

2014 Election results

http://i60.tinypic.com/2wdaef4.png

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Oh, so all those Dems and Repubs that voted yea on the war resolution were less than 14. Who knew.

For our RWNJ Pals: Name the presidents and congressional members on the left who voted for invasion as anything other than a LAST resort.

You can't, and sadly Bushie and his Bushlandians usurped truth and the UN inspection in favor of revenge for Poppy.

Hell, Junior didn't even listen to Poppy .. but rather a "Higher Father" ... SO sad! :(

They planned this turd starting BEFORE Junior became president and their lies haunt US to this day!

And their last intellectual con KNOWS this to be the case.

del
11-14-2014, 06:42 PM
And that my dear @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297) is del in a nut shell. Sup @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770) what's a snarkin' ??

usual shit

Common Sense
11-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Can anyone name some positive results from the invasion and war that followed?

exotix
11-14-2014, 06:49 PM

http://i62.tinypic.com/4tr5no.png

U.S. Embassy In Iraq

http://i61.tinypic.com/4glmp2.jpg

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:51 PM

Obama is all over the ME raising hell and taking names. Bombs whatever country he decides to bomb.

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Ah yes, THANKS for the reminders as to the super-AWESOME Bush Legacy!

Good thing he opted NOT to call if a "library"

:rofl:

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:53 PM
For our RWNJ Pals: Name the presidents and congressional members on the left who voted for invasion as anything other than a LAST resort.

You can't, and sadly Bushie and his Bushlandians usurped truth and the UN inspection in favor of revenge for Poppy.

Hell, Junior didn't even listen to Poppy .. but rather a "Higher Father" ... SO sad! :(

They planned this turd starting BEFORE Junior became president and their lies haunt US to this day!

Hey, you might have a spot in the pure fiction section.

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey, you might have a spot in the pure fiction section.

Tell us Bob, do you agree with THE last intellectual con? :)

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/4tr5no.png

U.S. Embassy In Iraq

http://i61.tinypic.com/4glmp2.jpg

Are you aware that the "EMBASSY' contains much more than just an Embassy?

It is not too hard to get educated once you decide to try.

Bob
11-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Tell us Bob, do you agree with THE last intellectual con? :)

That he was going to remake America into his own image? That we could get hope and change?

Nope. Fiction.

hanger4
11-14-2014, 06:57 PM

Obama. He sees the Iraq Resolution as the legal basis for airstrikes on ISSL.

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Obama. He sees the Iraq Resolution as the legal basis for airstrikes on ISSL.

Fair point, and you win on that account. Frankly i'm fed up with the entire thing. Time to GTFO!!

And i do mean OUT of the entire M.E. Let Allah sort the mofo's out!

exotix
11-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Are you aware that the "EMBASSY' contains much more than just an Embassy?

It is not too hard to get educated once you decide to try.
What's most exciting about the U.S. Embassy in Iraq ... it was built near dead-balls-on where the Tower of Babel (Babylon) stood ... lot's of Bible Crusading to say about that.

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 07:04 PM
That he was going to remake America into his own image? That we could get hope and change?

Nope. Fiction.

No, talking about George Will. He's your last smart guy.. time to toss him under the bus and go with clowns like Ted Cruz?

hanger4
11-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Fair point, and you win on that account. Frankly i'm fed up with the entire thing. Time to GTFO!!

And i do mean OUT of the entire M.E. Let Allah sort the mofo's out!

Oh I agree. Obama lied to you and the American people once again. Reckon what that totals up to now ??

Bo-4
11-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh I agree. Obama lied to you and the American people once again. Reckon what that totals up to now ??

Who initially made the dumb-assed decision to invade: Boy Blunder, Barack Obama, or George Will?

*insert Final Jeopardy theme song here*

hanger4
11-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Who initially made the dumb-assed decision to invade: Boy Blunder, Barack Obama, or George Will?

*insert Final Jeopardy theme song here*
I don't care if the Illuminati made the decision Obama still lied.. Imsert the song Liars by The Buckingham Nicks.

Ethereal
11-14-2014, 08:39 PM
George Will is one of those crazy conservatives who actually adheres to the principles of the founding fathers instead of just claiming to.

hanger4
11-14-2014, 08:45 PM
George Will is one of those crazy conservatives who actually adheres to the principles of the founding fathers instead of just claiming to.
^^^ nuff-said ^^^

Ethereal
11-14-2014, 08:59 PM

How do you know who del votes for?

Ethereal
11-14-2014, 09:01 PM

He admitted nothing of the sort. Your reading comprehension is obviously atrocious.

Ethereal
11-14-2014, 09:03 PM

War profiteers got even richer, so as an economic stimulus, it was a boon to the super-yacht industry.

hanger4
11-14-2014, 10:41 PM
War profiteers got even richer, so as an economic stimulus, it was a boon to the super-yacht industry.
And everyone that supplies parts and materials to build and dit those super-yachts. Trickel-down. :)

Ethereal
11-14-2014, 11:21 PM
And everyone that supplies parts and materials to build and dit those super-yachts. Trickel-down. :)

If only we could spend ten trillion dollars on super-yachts, then the economy would really take off.

hanger4
11-15-2014, 06:12 AM
If only we could spend ten trillion dollars on super-yachts, then the economy would really take off.
Better yet get the gov. off the backs and out da way and let business and investers spend that 10 trillion.

Green Arrow
11-15-2014, 06:20 AM
My friend .. said "negative effects" have been front and center since Junior F'd up the middle east!

I don't know who your "friend" is, but most of those effects were things unrelated to Iraq or Afghanistan and the result of build-up from past actions. The only real negative effects we're seeing from Bush's invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan are the rise of ISIL, the future fall of Afghanistan to the Taliban once again, and the growth of Islamic terror networks abroad.

Of course, his successor also shares the blame on that last one.

of course i do

I would not call you a quick study. You missed blatantly obvious sarcasm.

donttread
11-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Alrighty then! ;-)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-a-fresh-start-for-us-foreign-policy/2014/11/12/d82a8b06-69c6-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-a-fresh-start-for-us-foreign-policy/2014/11/12/d82a8b06-69c6-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html)

For a single event I think George is spot on . However, the "foreign policy lifetime fuckup award" goes to the Donkephant's overall handling of the ME over the past 60 or so years

Green Arrow
11-15-2014, 08:47 AM

Is he? How so?

McCool
11-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Hmmm $#@!y ain't ya? Stay tuned :D

George Will is YOUR guy. Deal with it!! ;-) Pfft! George is way too pc compliant for me. I'm more of a Savage Nation kind-o-guy! ;)

Common Sense
11-15-2014, 09:16 AM
I don't trust anyone that wears a toupee.

Mini Me
11-15-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't trust anyone that wears a toupee.

Or a bow tie.

Or crazy women with butcher knives in their hands.