PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama is facing his Jimmy Carter moment

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Barack Obama is facing his Jimmy Carter moment (http://Barack Obama is facing his Jimmy Carter moment)
*As Mitt Romney closes the gap, it is 1980 all over again for the man in the Oval Office*

Until recently, Barack Obama’s re-election was regarded as inevitable – in the same way that summer follows spring, or a monsoon follows a hosepipe ban. The president’s poll lead over Mitt Romney was strong, while the Republican’s character was assassinated by a primary fight that permanently spoiled the reputation of his party. To court the GOP’s conservative base, Romney was forced to adopt positions on abortion, contraception, health care and welfare that are thought to be unpopular among moderate swing voters. Obama, by contrast, is the man who killed bin Laden and toppled Gaddafi. A choice between Obama the moderate statesman and Romney the craven conservative is surely no contest at all.

But in the last two weeks, things have changed. Obama’s re-election is no longer guaranteed; some pollsters think it is unlikely. Day by day, the odds are improving that Mitt Romney will be the next President of the United States.
(read the article to see why~)

I look for the signs; I look for them every day. And I've seen this coming for a while now; at least a year. He cannot run on his record. People are tired of his FAIL, his BS, and his broken promises. He's an empty suit. He follows his agenda and doesn't care about us.

"It's the economy, stupid" and he didn't deliver.

Unless he can find a way to pull a late October surprise - and a damn good one - he's gonna lose this election.

roadmaster
05-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Carter wasn't the best President but I did like the man.

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
You can like someone personally and they can still be a terrible POTUS.

coolwalker
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Obama must go. We want America returned to the concept the framers intended. Were any one of the original framers alive today they would challenge him to a duel. Remember Alexander Hamilton and his demise.