PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry's Texas Miracle May Not Be All That

Conley
08-13-2011, 09:02 AM
"Over the last two years, 40% of the net new jobs created in the United States were created in Texas," he told a conference of state legislators from around the nation this week.

But that doesn't mean that all is well with employment in the Lone Star State. Texas leads the nation in minimum-wage jobs, and many positions don't offer health benefits. Also, steep budget cuts are expected to result in the loss of more than 100,000 jobs.

Perhaps most importantly, Texas can't create jobs fast enough to keep up with its rapidly growing population. Since 2007, the state's number of working-age residents expanded by 6.6%, nearly twice the national average.

Factoring in that population growth means Texas would need to create another 629,000 jobs, or 5.6% more positions, just to reach its pre-recession employment level, according to the Economic Policy Institute.

"They have a long way to go before they get back to a positive place," said Doug Hall, director of the Economic Analysis and Research Network, an institute project."

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/12/news/economy/perry_texas_jobs/index.htm?section=money_news_economy

Seems that most of those jobs created were minimum wage, and that the largest number are in the energy and oil sector. Is Perry responsible for the increase in oil prices as well? Don't think he'll be bragging about that. ;D

MMC
08-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah thats why he supports that Highway being built.....u know the Nafta highway from Mexico to Canada. Thinks that will net him the jobs.

Conley
08-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah thats why he supports that Highway being built.....u know the Nafta highway from Mexico to Canada. Thinks that will net him the jobs.

Yeah that will create a whole bunch more crappy jobs but more concerning is the American Union these guys are trying to put together. They don't need countries any more, they are all part of the U$$A pledge allegiance to wealth and nothing else.

MMC
08-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Yeah that will create a whole bunch more crappy jobs but more concerning is the American Union these guys are trying to put together. They don't need countries any more, they are all part of the U$$A pledge allegiance to wealth and nothing else.

I will bet he is for a single payer system too. All evidence points to such. Actually I think Republicans should be all for it. It's the Dems that want the payoff for those who are poor and or could not afford to cover themselves.

We know he want to see the 16th repealed and take away that tax to the Fed. Says he stands for life but then stands on the death penalty. Spouts the religious morality and is like a bridge for Tea-Baggers to get around some Blue-blood. Now that he announces to step in expect the left to come out full tilt against him these next two weeks to punch holes in him.

You know they will go after anything religious he brings up. I am sure he stands with the Neo-Cons on Foreign Policy too.

Conley
08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
He is almost an evangelic preacher himself, especially with that Prayer Event he led a couple of weekends ago at Reliant Stadium.

Conley
08-13-2011, 11:28 AM
"The ecumenical Houston Clergy Council issued a letter in June saying it supports a “healthy boundary between church and state.” Signed by 24 Houston-area pastors and ministers, the letter says the event materials imply an exclusion of people who are not Christians of a certain type. And it says it is inappropriate for the governor to organize an event funded by the American Family Association, a group they note the Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled a hate group for its anti-gay and anti-Muslim statements."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2011/0714/Texas-Gov.-Perry-s-public-day-of-prayer-draws-fire-from-clergy-and-atheists/%28page%29/2

MMC
08-13-2011, 11:44 AM
"The ecumenical Houston Clergy Council issued a letter in June saying it supports a “healthy boundary between church and state.” Signed by 24 Houston-area pastors and ministers, the letter says the event materials imply an exclusion of people who are not Christians of a certain type. And it says it is inappropriate for the governor to organize an event funded by the American Family Association, a group they note the Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled a hate group for its anti-gay and anti-Muslim statements."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2011/0714/Texas-Gov.-Perry-s-public-day-of-prayer-draws-fire-from-clergy-and-atheists/%28page%29/2

Plus he doesnt have a Muslim problem down in Texas......more like Jamaican and Haitian. Plus the Tide over the border. So no real issue for him to dwell upon with Muslims.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 12:42 PM

The SPLC is an ideological organization and it has become a bit of a joke.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Plus he doesnt have a Muslim problem down in Texas......more like Jamaican and Haitian. Plus the Tide over the border. So no real issue for him to dwell upon with Muslims.

The migration from Mexico presents an enormous problem for Texas. In 30 years they may have a grossly undereducated workforce. For example, it's predicted that 30% of the state's work force will not have a high school diploma by 2040. I'd imagine that that will only compound the problem of low paying jobs referred to above.

Conley
08-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Texas probably faces a lot of the same problems as California and to Perry's credit he's got them in a much better position.

Mister D
08-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Texas probably faces a lot of the same problems as California and to Perry's credit he's got them in a much better position.

Conservatives try to point to Texas as a good example of their economic principles at work but, like you said, the problems that face CA are still present. Conservative economic policies have been effective only in so far as they've slowed the rot. That may be to Perry's credit but I'm not all that sanguine about Texas' future.

Conley
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Conservatives try to point to Texas as a good example of their economic principles at work but, like you said, the problems that face CA are still present. Conservative economic policies have been effective only in so far as they've slowed the rot. That may be to Perry's credit but I'm not all that sanguine about Texas' future.

All true.

Texas has also gotten jobs, the good kind, by offering incentives and tax breaks, whereas California has largely driven them out of state by doing the exact opposite.

MMC
08-13-2011, 10:41 PM
So Perry went to So.Carolina to announce his Bid.....thats firing a shot right across the bow of both Bachmann and Palin. Plus he still took 5th. Looks like Santorium and Gingrich will have to check out.....with Pawlenty. Romney took 7th.

Plus if Palin had any thoughts of runnin. Perry definately told her she wont be taking all those Southern Cons. Wonder Who Perkins and the Heritage Foundation will throw their support behind now.

Conley
08-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I am really worried Perry will be the next POTUS. Better than Obama I guess...

MMC
08-13-2011, 11:04 PM
I think he would follow the same NEO agenda.....I wouldnt say we would be better off. >:D

Conley
08-13-2011, 11:12 PM
I think he would follow the same NEO agenda.....I wouldnt say we would be better off. >:D

Yeah...it's just hard to imagine someone worse than Obama. I guess if he decided to invade Iran. :-\

MMC
08-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Yeah...it's just hard to imagine someone worse than Obama. I guess if he decided to invade Iran. :-\

Well Perry may even be worse than Obama.....check this.....http://www.prisonplanet.com/bilderberg-behind-rick-perry-2012-run.html

Texas Governor Rick Perry is dipping his toes into the 2012 presidential race, coincidentally, as the Bilderberg conference convenes in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Bilderberg, notorious kingmakers in the U.S. and Europe, tapped Perry in 2007, inviting him to the conference meeting in Istanbul and presumably vetting him for higher office.

With a GOP primary field weak in viable-but-malleable globalist candidates, Perry may well prove to be a rising star. Current U.S. media is buzzing with speculation of his imminent entry. Bilderberg have long worked to own both horses in each cycle of U.S. presidential races. Bill Clinton, an obscure governor when he attended Bilderberg in 1991 before his 1992 presidential run, is a prime example of a candidate selected and run by Bilderberg. Bilderberg is also responsible for selecting British Prime Ministers Tony Blair and David Cameron.

Gov. Rick Perry has been building his credentials as a pseudo-Tea Party leader and supposed proponent of succession, so he may prove to be a marketable product to the grassroots populists rebelling against the establishment GOP. In reality, of course, he is another pawn. His own rise in politics in the mid-80s came at the hands of one Karl Rove, known alternately as “Bush’s Brain,” who convinced Perry to flip from Democrat to Republican. Perry became George W. Bush’s Lt. Governor, rising to Governor once Bush the Younger gained the White House in 2000.

Bilderberg, true to form, wants the U.S. recession to continue throughout 2012 and for oil prices to remain high and increase further. This could make Obama a one-term president. But at this point it appears Bilderberg’s “other horse” is headed for the stable, to be groomed as their ace in the hole.

I didnt know Obama even visited Bildeberg in 2008.....now I have the Complete Picture. Thoughts?

Conley
08-16-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't think it's any surprise that many of the rich stand to benefit if the status quo is maintained. There's no conspiracy, it is just fact that it benefits the wealthy and powerful to have close relations with those that govern the nations of the world. Such acts have contributed to the building of the uber-wealthy who now own homes and corporations across many nations and pledge allegiance to no country over another.

MMC
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think it's any surprise that many of the rich stand to benefit if the status quo is maintained. There's no conspiracy, it is just fact that it benefits the wealthy and powerful to have close relations with those that govern the nations of the world. Such acts have contributed to the building of the uber-wealthy who now own homes and corporations across many nations and pledge allegiance to no country over another.

Yes but did you see who else it says Bilderberg has put in power?

Conley
08-16-2011, 02:41 PM

I generally avoid Prison Planet

If you want to tell me who you're talking about I'll be happy to give my two cents. ;D

MMC
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM

If you want to tell me who you're talking about I'll be happy to give my two cents. ;D

Cameron of the UK, then Hillary Clinton, and Obama.

Conley
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Ah...well I think that it was clear early on that it would be between Hill and Obama. I don't know enough about Cameron but I don't think that was a big surprise either. I suppose my feeling is that the B's are just reacting to the up-and-comers and not arranging everything from the outset. Now if they had been inviting all these pols as youngsters then I'd question it more.

hellraiser
08-16-2011, 07:05 PM
perry will not win we all remember how bad bush was lol

Mister D
08-16-2011, 07:08 PM
perry will not win we all remember how bad bush was lol

???

hellraiser
08-16-2011, 07:15 PM
did you forget

bush texas gov destroyed two countries usa and iraq

no thanks

Mister D
08-16-2011, 07:17 PM
did you forget

bush texas gov destroyed two countries usa and iraq

no thanks

Bush didn't destroy any countries but, more importantly, what does Perry have to do with Bush?

hellraiser
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
lol really?

1 texas gov

2 perry worked for bush

3 repubilcan

same

Conley
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
HR, if you want to be taken seriously on here you might want to put a little more effort into your posts. Just a tip. ;)

Mister D
08-16-2011, 07:38 PM
lol really?

1 texas gov

2 perry worked for bush

3 repubilcan

same

Seriously, take Conley's advice. ::)

Juggernaut
08-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Bilderberg also backed Bush, the source isn't reliable. Prison Planet is a known idiot haven, no surpise you slither there.

Cameron of the UK, then Hillary Clinton, and Obama.

Bilderberg members also backed Bush, the source isn't reliable. Bilderberg is more about industry innovations and geo political politics than country level politics. Certain members do back politicians but the real power comes from oligarchs on either side. Prison Planet is a known idiot haven, no surpise you slither there. PP is your speed for sure. ;D :D ;D

MMC
08-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Well already the MSM is going to have the same common information as to what they will put out with Perry. I am looking for stuff into his background. other than what the MSM is talking about.

Also there is the fact that he was a Democrat and that he backed Gore. Lookin at all thru the Associated press and Rueters and MSM media sites it is all they are talking about.

My only reason for putting up Prison Planet was that it also showed that Perry visited in 2007 and this year. That Obama, Clinton, Bushs', and a couple of leaders in other countries have all been backed by Bildeberg. That even Prison Planet has the info is great.

Anyone disputing the validation that Prison Planet made about those who have visited Bilderberg? I mean if you want me only to use just the AP Rueters and the AFP Asian Times and Al-Jazerra and Yahoo Sources let me know. As all other media outlets gets theirs, except their local stuff.....from these Sources and no others.

Juggernaut
08-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Prison Planet usually isn't a reliable source for Bilderberg, for military and political gossip perhaps but the founder is a fool and he rarely has reliable sources. He's known for reading other sources then hyping it so be wary. I don't care what sources anyone uses so long as the story is reliable. Oil for instance has dropped but its in a holding pattern, I seriously doubt Bilderberg members want the recession to continue. Bilderberg benefit from growth not recession, Bilderberg is by invitation only, no loose cannons who leak info to the media because of Insider Trading concerns. As well political leaders from many countries attend and they want privacy and to make money on future innovations.

Alex Jones says he's bigger than Glen Beck, that's not flattering to either man.