PDA

View Full Version : Question for Democrats

Green Arrow
11-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Since you guys spent a lot of time complaining about Republican "obstructionism" and whining that the GOP should have just gone along with everything you guys wanted, do you guys now plan on going along with everything THEY want, or are you going to obstruct and filibuster THEIR agenda?

Particularly curious to hear answers from TrueBlue, Bo-4, Howey, and whoever else is a moderately intelligent Democrat on this forum. And don't worry, if you're uncomfortable with the answer, you don't have to respond. I'll know.

Common Sense
11-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I hope the trend doesn't continue, but I wont hold my breath. There's a lot of tit for tat.

I'd also like someone to admit that this has been unprecedented obstructionism. Not your run of the mill stuff. Unprecedented and quite obviously spelled out from day one. It's pretty clear what the GOP strategy was. My only issue is that they did so to make Obama look bad, but at what cost?

midcan5
11-17-2014, 05:46 PM
If I were a democrat or an independent in congress I'd do what Harry Truman did, I'd call them out as useless and full of BS, I'd do that constantly and I'd repeat it ad infinitum. Today we have ideologues for voters who believe the well crafted corporate sponsored message that keeps the useless republicans in charge of the House and Senate. Regarding your question, the fact the republicans only task was to demonize our democratically elected president, your question is as irrelevant as our congress. No offense meant. Ask a real question and maybe you'd get an answer, you seem as rhetorically twisted as our MSM is today.

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

Cigar
11-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Fuck'em ... give the GOP their own shit right back at them :grin:

Obstructionism

Bob
11-17-2014, 05:58 PM
I hope the trend doesn't continue, but I wont hold my breath. There's a lot of tit for tat.

I'd also like someone to admit that this has been unprecedented obstructionism. Not your run of the mill stuff. Unprecedented and quite obviously spelled out from day one. It's pretty clear what the GOP strategy was. My only issue is that they did so to make Obama look bad, but at what cost?

You ought to watch CSPAN.

I do watch it.

It exposes the Democrats lies. Reid and Pelosi obstructed. Merely leading those houses does not mean they had the right to block all republican amendments.

I saw it myself and yet the left kept lying.

Howey
11-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Since you guys spent a lot of time complaining about Republican "obstructionism" and whining that the GOP should have just gone along with everything you guys wanted, do you guys now plan on going along with everything THEY want, or are you going to obstruct and filibuster THEIR agenda?

Particularly curious to hear answers from @TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308), @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297), @Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387), and whoever else is a moderately intelligent Democrat on this forum. And don't worry, if you're uncomfortable with the answer, you don't have to respond. I'll know.

I never complained about "republican obstructionism", at least while negotiations were going on. I did, however, note the President at the time was willing to discuss compromise, as were a few Republicans. However, that soon came to an end thanks to the likes of Ted Cruz.

Green Arrow
11-17-2014, 06:09 PM
If I were a democrat or an independent in congress I'd do what Harry Truman did, I'd call them out as useless and full of BS, I'd do that constantly and I'd repeat it ad infinitum. Today we have ideologues for voters who believe the well crafted corporate sponsored message that keeps the useless republicans in charge of the House and Senate. Regarding your question, the fact the republicans only task was to demonize our democratically elected president, your question is as irrelevant as our congress. No offense meant. Ask a real question and maybe you'd get an answer, you seem as rhetorically twisted as our MSM is today.

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

Cool story, bro.

Gonna answer my question?

Bo-4
11-17-2014, 06:39 PM

Particularly curious to hear answers from @TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308), @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297), @Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387), and whoever else is a moderately intelligent Democrat on this forum. And don't worry, if you're uncomfortable with the answer, you don't have to respond. I'll know.

Hey, thanks for calling me "moderately intelligent". ;-)

Bob
11-17-2014, 06:40 PM
I never complained about "republican obstructionism", at least while negotiations were going on. I did, however, note the President at the time was willing to discuss compromise, as were a few Republicans. However, that soon came to an end thanks to the likes of Ted Cruz.

Obama to this day has refused to discuss compromise with the parties. Sure, he mentions the word to the Media.

Compromise means amendments are agreed to. Every amendment made by Republicans in both houses, during Pelosi and Reid have been blocked.

Green Arrow
11-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Hey, thanks for calling me "moderately intelligent". ;-)

Could be worse. I could have called you Cigar :tongue:

Cigar
11-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Could be worse. I could have called you Cigar :tongue:

Don't bother ... there's only one Cigar :grin: and I'll take on all haters.

Mac-7
11-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Don't bother ... there's only one Cigar :grin: and I'll take on all haters.

Thankfully there is only one cigar and he's a lover not a hater - of his dear fuhrer the lazy golfer in chief obumer.

Captain Obvious
11-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Thankfully there is only one cigar and he's a lover not a hater - of his dear fuhrer the lazy golfer in chief obumer.

Kenyan O'bummer - don't forget that part.

PolWatch
11-17-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm not a dem or repub....but I bet I know what will happen. Lots of screaming, blaming and finger pointing on both sides of the aisle. We will need a calender to prove that its not last year or the year before or (you get the pic)

TrueBlue
11-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Since you guys spent a lot of time complaining about Republican "obstructionism" and whining that the GOP should have just gone along with everything you guys wanted, do you guys now plan on going along with everything THEY want, or are you going to obstruct and filibuster THEIR agenda? Particularly curious to hear answers from @TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308), @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297), @Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387), and whoever else is a moderately intelligent Democrat on this forum. And don't worry, if you're uncomfortable with the answer, you don't have to respond. I'll know.
I'm actually More than Comfortable with my answer!

Look, Republicans had their chance to get things right but they didn't. They've had years to work on Immigration Reform yet produced nothing. Since they have filibustered (thanks to the likes of Ted Cruz and his ilk) and obstructed so much, 500 Bills, to be exact, does that sound like the type of intelligent force we should be backing? Of course not. They are not the solution -- they are actually The PROBLEM.

As to their "agenda", I believe we all pretty well know what that is since they campaigned on it for so long a time. And it is to continue to obstruct and do nothing as well as try to shut down the government if they don't get their way (childish tantrums is all they know.) They want to repeal Obamacare and make serious CUTS to social programs that many who are elderly, retired, ill, disabled, veterans, and others need and all in order to be able to give Big Tax Cuts to the richest 2% of Americans. Now if that isn't worthy of a filibuster I don't know what is. However, it will be up to the leadership of the Democrats in Congress and the President to take the lead on what their next step will be. But if I were in the Republican column I would be very careful on what I did and how I obstructed as the 2016 elections are coming up fast and I would not want to have that 200 lb. albatross hanging around my neck for Democrats to use going into the elections.

Green Arrow
11-17-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm actually More than Comfortable with my answer!

Look, Republicans had their chance to get things right but they didn't. They've had years to work on Immigration Reform yet produced nothing. Since they have filibustered (thanks to the likes of Ted Cruz and his ilk) and obstructed so much, 500 Bills, to be exact, does that sound like the type of intelligent force we should be backing? Of course not. They are not the solution -- they are actually The PROBLEM.

As to their "agenda", I believe we all pretty well know what that is since they campaigned on it for so long a time. And it is to continue to obstruct and do nothing as well as try to shut down the government if they don't get their way (childish tantrums is all they know.) They want to repeal Obamacare and make serious CUTS to social programs that many who are elderly, retired, ill, disabled, veterans, and others need and all in order to be able to give Big Tax Cuts to the richest 2% of Americans. Now if that isn't worthy of a filibuster I don't know what is. However, it will be up to the leadership of the Democrats in Congress and the President to take the lead on what their next step will be. But if I were in the Republican column I would be very careful on what I did and how I obstructed as the 2016 elections are coming up fast and I would not want to have that 200 lb. albatross hanging around my neck for Democrats to use going into the elections.

I appreciate your honesty, TrueBlue. Thanks for being the only one thus far to actually answer the question.

Howey
11-18-2014, 01:30 AM
I appreciate your honesty, TrueBlue. Thanks for being the only one thus far to actually answer the question.

**cough** **cough**

Green Arrow
11-18-2014, 01:35 AM
**cough** **cough**

What?

Mac-7
11-18-2014, 04:41 AM
Kenyan O'bummer - don't forget that part.

Since he has never submitted his north records for independent verification I don't know where Obama was born so I am not comfortable calling him a kenyan.

or an American.