PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter Pimp Slaps John McCain

Codename Section
11-23-2014, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYU0raRvJA&feature=youtu.be

RONAN FARROW, MSNBC: John McCain reaching for the worst possible insult for President Obama earlier this year said this: "I have never seen anything like this in my life. I thought Jimmy Carter was bad, but he pales in comparison to this president in my opinion." The serious question is, what does is it feel like, and what is your response to, these moments of being used as an insult? Your legacy being used as an insult.

PRESIDENT JIMMY CARTER: That's a compliment to come from a war monger... I was lucky enough when I was president to keep our country at peace, and provide peace for others. I was lucky enough to go through my four years, we never shot a bullet or dropped a bomb or fired a missile.

Yet another reason Jimmy Carter has a special place in the heart of libertarians.

Green Arrow
11-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Go Jimmah!

*InB4 the Republican bedshitting*

The Xl
11-24-2014, 12:37 AM
About as well as he could handle that. Well played.

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 12:45 AM
You guys are too young to remember what Carter did. I remember his oil embargo, gas lines,, stagflation and American hostages held for 444 days. That's right he never fired a shot. I'm sure those hostages remember him well.

The Xl
11-24-2014, 12:48 AM
You guys are too young to remember what Carter did. I remember his oil embargo, gas lines,, stagflation and American hostages held for 444 days. That's right he never fired a shot. I'm sure those hostages remember him well.

And yet, what he said still stands.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 12:49 AM

What I do know about Carter is that it was his negotiations that freed those hostages without firing a shot. That's a good achievement in my book. Our policy of shoot first, ask questions later has caused us way too many problems already.

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 01:08 AM
It wasn't Carter's negotiations that got the hostages freed. It was Reagan being elected because the Iranians KNEW Reagan wasn't going to play games with them. Iran released the hostages the day Reagan was sworn into office. The Iranians HATED Carter for taking in the Shah. They wanted to hang the Shah. Carter backed the Shah and got him out, then gave him asylum. That's why they attacked our Embassy and took the hostages in the first place. Carter HID in the WH for 100 days because he was such a pantywaist when everyone in our country were demanding he do something to get those people freed. Like I said, you're a little young to remember when Carter was president. Is he a great humanitarian, somewhat, as long as he isn't bashing the Jews. As a president and leader, he was one of the biggest failures in our country's history.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 01:13 AM
It wasn't Carter's negotiations that got the hostages freed.

I'm well aware of the BS partisan theory that Reagan magically freed the hostages months before he took office simply because the Iranians were deathly afraid of a guy that wasn't even wielding political power in the U.S. However, that theory contradicts the available facts, so I have to call BS.

Of course, logic alone would blow that theory out of the water...

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Believe what you want, but then, you are not old enough to remember it either.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 01:41 AM

Keep bringing age into this discussion and I'm going to decide to stop being civil. You brought it up once, that was one time too many. I've put up with it up until this point, but I'm not going to put up with it anymore. I could make a snide reference to your age causing memory problems, but I haven't, because I'd like a civil discussion. I expect the same courtesy.

Fact is, age is irrelevant. I've spoken to many people that are probably older than you about it. I've examined the facts, which don't require belief or age. That's the thing about facts, they stay the same no matter how much time passes.

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Why are you getting upset? Here's the fact. I was old enough to pay attention to politics and vote in that election. You can talk to anyone you want, or research anything you like. It's not going to change my perception of what happened.

Matty
11-24-2014, 07:41 AM

Preach it sister!

Matty
11-24-2014, 07:45 AM
What I do know about Carter is that it was his negotiations that freed those hostages without firing a shot. That's a good achievement in my book. Our policy of shoot first, ask questions later has caused us way too many problems already.

not really! This is the way it went down.

http://iranprimer.usip.org/resource/reagan-administration

Matty
11-24-2014, 07:47 AM
I'm well aware of the BS partisan theory that Reagan magically freed the hostages months before he took office simply because the Iranians were deathly afraid of a guy that wasn't even wielding political power in the U.S. However, that theory contradicts the available facts, so I have to call BS.

Of course, logic alone would blow that theory out of the water...
You weren't even alive then. I was alive and reading the newspapers and watching national TV news broadcasts. She is telling you the truth. No need to attack her!

Matty
11-24-2014, 08:01 AM
@Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) Carter isn't as innocent as he sounds. He deployed the military to rescue the hostages and it ended in a miserable failure.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hostage-rescue-mission-ends-in-disaster

On November 4, 1979, the crisis began when militant Iranian students, outraged that the U.S. government had allowed the ousted shah of Iran to travel to the U.S. for medical treatment, seized the U.S. embassy in Tehran. The Ayatollah Khomeini, Iran's political and religious leader, took over the hostage situation and agreed to release non-U.S. captives and female and minority Americans, citing these groups as among the people oppressed by the U.S. government. The remaining 52 captives remained at the mercy of the Ayatollah for the next 14 months.
President Carter was unable to diplomatically resolve the crisis, and the April 1980 hostage attempt ended in disaster. Three months later, the former shah died of cancer in Egypt, but the crisis continued. In November, Carter lost the presidential election to Republican Ronald Reagan (http://www.history.com/topics/ronald-reagan), and soon after, with the assistance of Algerian intermediaries, successful negotiations began between the United States (http://www.history.com/topics/states) and Iran. On the day of Reagan's inauguration, January 20, 1981, the United States freed almost $8 billion in frozen Iranian assets, and the 52 hostages were released after 444 days. The next day, Jimmy Carter flew to West Germany to greet the Americans on their way home.

Paperback Writer
11-24-2014, 08:20 AM

There is a myth of Reagan which is sustained by another myth of Carter. Jimmy Carter became your president post-Vietnam, and in a world governed by the mistakes of the past. He had more problems on his plate than probably any presidents in recent history with the exception of Obama in 2008 so naturally some of his programs would sting at the time in order to usher in some fiscal responsibility and greater wealth later. He had four years and Americans, as usual, are impatient to see results--something he had more to show for than Obama.

Conservatives claim to want less government and more free market control. As Carter became your president you had the Democrats stating that America should completely privatise your oil, whilst Reagan at the same time said to deregulate it completely. Since airlines and telephone had only been recently deregulated with little to go on, Carter chose the middle path between two agents. Previous to this America's great "free market" system regulated oil prices. For a Democrat to deregulate at all is very considerable. That it caused long lines at briefly is nothing over the stretch of history and nothing compared to what it set in motion which all of you enjoy today.

What you may not realise due to your dislike of him is that Carter's plan set total deregulation of gas for 1981, all Reagan did was bump it up a bit. It was also Carter that pushed the antitrust suit against AT&T that again, everyone enjoys today, and he set in motion the deregulation of your transportation industry.

As to spending and inflation, the GNP is the driver of inflation. Carter left office with federal government expenditures at $591 billion, whilst Reagan left it at $990 billion, increasing the size of the federal government by close to 70%. To say that Reagan was vastly different is also a lie. Reagan kept many of Carter's picks for top economic spots, he even praised him several times over.

The hostage crisis was solved by Carter in the last days of his presidency and there is rumour that I won't address that it was hindered by agents of Reagan. After Vietnam, Americans were not ready for another war. As you can see currently, war in the Middle East goes about as good as war in Asia therefore his options were limited.

If you listened at all to the man who lied about killing Bin Laden on Fox recently, here is a Navy SEAL saying they all could have been killed on that operation in Pakistan and how frightened he was. Pakistan is not Iran, and it is easier to kill a single man than rescue hostages aplenty.

I'll defer you to Argo for the rescue that did happen on Carter's watch.

I believe I've inserted enough reality for the day. Let me know when I can tear through your emotional myths ago, will you?

Tara!

Mac-7
11-24-2014, 08:20 AM

Carter caused them to be hostages in the first place.

He "lost" Iran.

Matty
11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
There is a myth of Reagan which is sustained by another myth of Carter. Jimmy Carter became your president post-Vietnam, and in a world governed by the mistakes of the past. He had more problems on his plate than probably any presidents in recent history with the exception of Obama in 2008 so naturally some of his programs would sting at the time in order to usher in some fiscal responsibility and greater wealth later. He had four years and Americans, as usual, are impatient to see results--something he had more to show for than Obama.

Conservatives claim to want less government and more free market control. As Carter became your president you had the Democrats stating that America should completely privatise your oil, whilst Reagan at the same time said to deregulate it completely. Since airlines and telephone had only been recently deregulated with little to go on, Carter chose the middle path between two agents. Previous to this America's great "free market" system regulated oil prices. For a Democrat to deregulate at all is very considerable. That it caused long lines at briefly is nothing over the stretch of history and nothing compared to what it set in motion which all of you enjoy today.

What you may not realise due to your dislike of him is that Carter's plan set total deregulation of gas for 1981, all Reagan did was bump it up a bit. It was also Carter that pushed the antitrust suit against AT&T that again, everyone enjoys today, and he set in motion the deregulation of your transportation industry.

As to spending and inflation, the GNP is the driver of inflation. Carter left office with federal government expenditures at $591 billion, whilst Reagan left it at $990 billion, increasing the size of the federal government by close to 70%. To say that Reagan was vastly different is also a lie. Reagan kept many of Carter's picks for top economic spots, he even praised him several times over.

The hostage crisis was solved by Carter in the last days of his presidency and there is rumour that I won't address that it was hindered by agents of Reagan. After Vietnam, Americans were not ready for another war. As you can see currently, war in the Middle East goes about as good as war in Asia therefore his options were limited.

If you listened at all to the man who lied about killing Bin Laden on Fox recently, here is a Navy SEAL saying they all could have been killed on that operation in Pakistan and how frightened he was. Pakistan is not Iran, and it is easier to kill a single man than rescue hostages aplenty.

I'll defer you to Argo for the rescue that did happen on Carter's watch.

I believe I've inserted enough reality for the day. Let me know when I can tear through your emotional myths ago, will you?

Tara!
No. Carter did not solve the hostage crisis. He created it.

Paperback Writer
11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
You weren't even alive then. I was alive and reading the newspapers and watching national TV news broadcasts. She is telling you the truth. No need to attack her!

Watch your national news today, Obama is a god. I'll assume you believe everything on the news then. :laugh:

Paperback Writer
11-24-2014, 08:23 AM
No. Carter did not solve the hostage crisis. He created it.

What rubbish. The CIA created it, but glad you didn't read a bit of that. The truth hurts, I know.

Matty
11-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Watch your national news today, Obama is a god. I'll assume you believe everything on the news then. :laugh:

Choose what you choose to believe. It isn't worth arguing about.

Paperback Writer
11-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Oh gads! This is bloody excellent, the Reaganites are here to defend their god. Too bad they don't have proof of anything.

Mac-7 and matalese

Did Carter or did he not begin deregulation of gas, telecom, and transportation?

Did Reagan or did he not keep Carter's monetary pick?

Wait, what I am I doing? I'm attacking your religion. I'll leave the thread. It already amused me enough.

Matty
11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Oh gads! This is bloody excellent, the Reaganites are here to defend their god. Too bad they don't have proof of anything.

Mac-7 and matalese

Did Carter or did he not begin deregulation of gas, telecom, and transportation?

Did Reagan or did he not keep Carter's monetary pick?

Wait, what I am I doing? I'm attacking your religion. I'll leave the thread. It already amused me enough.

Not defending Reagan at all. Listen carefully. The hostage crisis happened because Carter allowed the Ousted Shah of Iran sanctuary in the US. Our embassy was stormed and 52 hostage were held. The hostage takers would not release their captives until Carter left office which is why it was done the day Reagan took office. Carter did send military force in hopes of breaking them out. Three helicopters crashed killing 8 US soldiers. It had every thing to do with Carter and nothing to do with Reagan.

Captain Obvious
11-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Never thought I'd say this but we could use a President like Carter now.

Mac-7
11-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Not defending Reagan at all. Listen carefully. The hostage crisis happened because Carter allowed the Ousted Shah of Iran sanctuary in the US. Our embassy was stormed and 52 hostage were held. The hostage takers would not release their captives until Carter left office which is why it was done the day Reagan took office. Carter did send military force in hopes of breaking them out. Three helicopters crashed killing 8 US soldiers. It had every thing to do with Carter and nothing to do with Reagan.

I don't mind defending Reagan because he was a great president.

But the topic here is that born fool jimmy Carter who was discredited before Reagan took office.

Matty
11-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't mind defending Reagan because he was a great president.

But the topic here is that born fool jimmy Carter who was discredited before Reagan took office.

All i I am saying is Reagan had zit to do with the hostages being released. They were released because peanut boy was leaving office. A one term total failure!

PolWatch
11-24-2014, 09:59 AM
<Another antique heard from> I remember the situation too. I can remember a lot of the things that happened that are discussed on this forum. That doesn't mean my memory includes all the facts. Funny thing about national, international incidents, a lot of the info does not out until well after the incident is over. Just being alive during something doesn't make me an authority on it.

Mac-7
11-24-2014, 10:05 AM
<Another antique heard from> I remember the situation too. I can remember a lot of the things that happened that are discussed on this forum. That doesn't mean my memory includes all the facts. Funny thing about national, international incidents, a lot of the info does not out until well after the incident is over. Just being alive during something doesn't make me an authority on it.

Well said.

But still all other things being equal being there gives certain advantages over others who were not there.

Matty
11-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Well, then, prove us wrong! What facts are in dispute?

Captain Obvious
11-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I voted for McCain what was it, 6 years ago. Great example of voting party line because I was confident then that McCain clearly wasn't an ideal candidate but he was a warm body and had the GOP brand tattooed to this forehead. Nobody knew who Palin was back then too, which probably went in her favor.

McCain is a rambling old fool of a warmonger. Typical neocon, what a disaster that presidency could have been.

del
11-24-2014, 10:18 AM
It wasn't Carter's negotiations that got the hostages freed. It was Reagan being elected because the Iranians KNEW Reagan wasn't going to play games with them. Iran released the hostages the day Reagan was sworn into office. The Iranians HATED Carter for taking in the Shah. They wanted to hang the Shah. Carter backed the Shah and got him out, then gave him asylum. That's why they attacked our Embassy and took the hostages in the first place. Carter HID in the WH for 100 days because he was such a pantywaist when everyone in our country were demanding he do something to get those people freed. Like I said, you're a little young to remember when Carter was president. Is he a great humanitarian, somewhat, as long as he isn't bashing the Jews. As a president and leader, he was one of the biggest failures in our country's history.

it was reagan's treason that kept them hostages.

del
11-24-2014, 10:18 AM

i am.

reagan was a traitor, and you're a dupe.

del
11-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Why are you getting upset? Here's the fact. I was old enough to pay attention to politics and vote in that election. You can talk to anyone you want, or research anything you like. It's not going to change my perception of what happened.

perception and reality are two different things.

not that a hack would know the difference

Captain Obvious
11-24-2014, 10:21 AM
perception and reality are two different things.

not that a hack would know the difference

Perception is and has been the new reality for a while now for many.

PolWatch
11-24-2014, 10:23 AM
It only took 20 minutes of Regan to get the hostages released? yeap...he really had a lot to with the entire situation. Just the timing should prove that to anyone who looks at reality.

Cigar
11-24-2014, 10:24 AM

... and Now you're Bitching about Obama :rollseyes:

Point Made

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 10:30 AM
what does Obama have to do with this? The topic is Jimmy Carter, not Obama.

PolWatch
11-24-2014, 10:32 AM
what does Obama have to do with this? The topic is Jimmy Carter, not Obama.

gee, I think it kinda goes with the forum...one side thinks he is responsible for sunshine & roses, the other side thinks he is responsible for every hang-nail & flat tire. The man is obviously the center of the universe!

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Carter created the hostage crisis, and then fumbled it badly along with costing Americans millions because of his policies. Our economy suffered along with the American people. There's nothing you can change about that.

PolWatch
11-24-2014, 10:36 AM
If you think allowing the Shah to receive medical care in the United States 'created' the situation...yes, he did. Using that criteria, gwb created Isis.....

Matty
11-24-2014, 10:41 AM
It only took 20 minutes of Regan to get the hostages released? yeap...he really had a lot to with the entire situation. Just the timing should prove that to anyone who looks at reality.Ta,that was solely the decision of the hostage takers not because Reagan was in office but because CARTER WAS OUT

momsapplepie
Sure. 5 years after he was out of office.....

Mac-7
If you think allowing the Shah to receive medical care in the United States 'created' the situation...yes, he did. Using that criteria, gwb created Isis.....

How about abandoning the shah which allowed the crazy mullahs to take over Iran in the first place.

if the shah had stayed in power there would have been no hostage crisis.

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 10:44 AM
How about the fact that carter was warned what would happen if he did take in the shah. Yeah, that happened too.

del
11-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Carter created the hostage crisis, and then fumbled it badly along with costing Americans millions because of his policies. Our economy suffered along with the American people. There's nothing you can change about that.

reagan was an empty suit

a dupe, just like you lol

Captain Obvious
11-24-2014, 11:05 AM
reagan was an empty suit

a dupe, just like you lol

But... he was a boon to celebrity impersonators, much like GW.

del
11-24-2014, 11:08 AM
But... he was a boon to celebrity impersonators, much like GW.

and he had hair that really took color well.

beyond that, if you excuse his team's treasonous actions with the hostages, death squads in latin america killing nuns and priests, drug deals to keep said death squads in business in contravention of u.s. law and a propensity to say stupid things like *we begin bombing russia in 5 minutes*- yeah, he was awesome.

dupes

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 11:14 AM
I've never said Reagan was the perfect President, but he sure dug us out of the hole that carter dropped us into with "feel good" progressive policies.

del
11-24-2014, 11:14 AM
:rofl:

Captain Obvious
11-24-2014, 11:24 AM
and he had hair that really took color well.

beyond that, if you excuse his team's treasonous actions with the hostages, death squads in latin america killing nuns and priests, drug deals to keep said death squads in business in contravention of u.s. law and a propensity to say stupid things like *we begin bombing russia in 5 minutes*- yeah, he was awesome.

dupes

So I'm guessing the Gipper's portrait isn't hanging on your dining room wall.

:biglaugh:

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Nope. but then I do have this in the bathroom....

Mac-7
11-24-2014, 11:29 AM
I've never said Reagan was the perfect President, but he sure dug us out of the hole that carter dropped us into with "feel good" progressive policies.

For instance, Reagan never should have signed the 1986 amnesty bill.

del
11-24-2014, 11:30 AM
So I'm guessing the Gipper's portrait isn't hanging on your dining room wall.

:biglaugh:

i have an uncle who is a maryknoll missionary

so, no, he's not

Professor Peabody
11-24-2014, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYU0raRvJA&amp;feature=youtu.be

Yet another reason Jimmy Carter has a special place in the heart of libertarians.

Do you believe that Global Warming is man made?

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/images/39.jpghttp://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/images/names/39.gif

National Energy Program Fact Sheet on the President's Program. April 20, 1977

We must reduce our vulnerability to potentially devastating embargoes. We can protect ourselves from uncertain supplies by reducing our demand for oil, making the most of our abundant resources such as coal, and developing a strategic petroleum reserve.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=7373.

Safety
11-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Do you believe that Global Warming is man made?

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/254/7c9/9fc/resized/grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-wtf-b12499.jpg

Alyosha
11-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Professor Peabody

what on earth does that have to do with the topic of John McCain being a senile, warmongering, treasonous fool, again? :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u8_wmkc2_y4/U6b1OZDbohI/AAAAAAAATSU/5myej7qhhdY/s1600/McCain-ISIS.meme.stevepiper.net.jpg

texan
11-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Here is what people thought of Reagan.

The United States presidential election of 1984 was the 50th quadrennial presidential election (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/United_States_presidential_election). It was held on Tuesday, November 6, 1984. The contest was between the incumbent President (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/President_of_the_United_States) Ronald Reagan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Ronald_Reagan), the Republican (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)) candidate, and former Vice President (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States) Walter Mondale (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Walter_Mondale), the Democratic (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)) candidate. Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1984

versus

The Democrats Landslide Loss on November 2by Joel on November 13, 2010

Read more: http://theconnexion.net/wp/?p=8949#ixzz3K1GL19cP

Leader
Mitch McConnell (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Mitch_McConnell)
Harry Reid (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Harry_Reid)

Party
Republican (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States))
Democratic (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States))

Leader since
January 3, 2007
January 3, 2005

Leader's seat
Kentucky (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_from_Kentucky)
Nevada (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_from_Nevada)

Current seats
53*

Seats up

Change
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/Increase2.svg/11px-Increase2.svg.png 8**
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Decrease2.svg/11px-Decrease2.svg.png 8**

Party
Independent (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Independent_(politician))

Current seats
2*

Seats up

Change
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Steady2.svg/11px-Steady2.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9d/2014_Senate_election_results_map.svg/300px-2014_Senate_election_results_map.svg.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/File:2014_Senate_election_results_map.svg)

Democratic hold Republican hold Republican gain To be determined
Line through state means both Senate seats were up for election.*Both Independents currently caucus with the Democrats (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Democratic_Caucus_of_the_United_States_Senate). Neither was up for election.
**One race for a Democratic-held seat is scheduled for a December 6 runoff, which could increase the change from 8 to 9.

Incumbent Majority Leader (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Majority_Leader_of_the_United_States_Senate)
Harry Reid (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Harry_Reid)
Democratic (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States))

Elections to the United States Senate were a part of the elections held in the United States (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/United_States_elections,_2014) on November 4, 2014 (and in some areas for a period of time ending November 4, 2014). Thirty-three Class 2 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Classes_of_United_States_Senators) seats in the 100-member United States Senate (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/United_States_Senate) were up for election as well as a few seats that were vacated early. The candidates winning these elections will serve six-year terms from January 3, 2015, to January 3, 2021 except for some special seats that are for part of the term. Additionally, special elections were held to fill three vacancies in other classes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Classes_of_United_States_Senators) that occurred during the 113th United States Congress (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/113th_United_States_Congress). The elections marked 100 years of direct elections of U.S. Senators (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Seventeenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constit ution). Twenty-one of the open seats were held by the Democratic Party, while fifteen were held by the Republican Party.
As a result, the Republicans will regain the majority of the Senate in the next Congress, starting in January 2015 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/114th_United_States_Congress) for the first time since losing it January 2007 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/109th_United_States_Congress). They had needed a net gain of at least six seats to obtain a majority. In fact, they successfully held all of their seats, and gained eight more Democratic-held seats. (One race is yet to be decided on December 6.) Polls and other factors had led forecasters to predict (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2014#Probability_o f_Republican_takeover) that the Republicans would win several seats, with most predicting that the party was likely but

Alyosha
11-24-2014, 03:35 PM
People loved Stalin and Hitler, too texan

People are stupid.

Matty
11-24-2014, 04:31 PM
For instance, Reagan never should have signed the 1986 amnesty bill.

He said said it was the worst mistake of his life.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 05:31 PM

If you're going to go there, Eisenhower created the hostage crisis, because Eisenhower sent the CIA to depose the democratically elected Prime Minister that kept the Shah in control. Without that control, the Shah turned into a brutal dictator and we continued to protect him and prop him up. Iranians finally got sick of it and supported the only movement strong enough to challenge him...the Islamic Revolution of 1979, led by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Professor Peabody
11-24-2014, 06:01 PM
@Professor Peabody (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=265)

what on earth does that have to do with the topic of John McCain being a senile, warmongering, treasonous fool, again? :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u8_wmkc2_y4/U6b1OZDbohI/AAAAAAAATSU/5myej7qhhdY/s1600/McCain-ISIS.meme.stevepiper.net.jpg

I was.......responding to another post. Herp Derp.

del
11-24-2014, 07:00 PM
He said said it was the worst mistake of his life.

how would he know?

texan
11-25-2014, 11:20 AM
People loved Stalin and Hitler, too @texan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=979)

People are stupid.

Great analogy: Reagan, Hitler and Stalin all the same.

del
11-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Great analogy: Reagan, Hitler and Stalin all the same.

completely unfair, i agree

hitler was a much better public speaker

nathanbforrest45
11-25-2014, 12:28 PM

Its amazing how two people can see the same incident and come away with two widely different stories. What I saw in Jimma Cawder was a left leaning do nothing president who was responsible for the highest inflation in my life time, gas lines, a Third World country president insulting our president to his face on national television. I saw a president who sold out one of our few remaining allies and allowed Iran to be overrun with fanatics who repaid him by kidnapping our citizens. I saw the prisoners finally released because of the fear that Ronald Reagan would not twittle his thumbs but would "Bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran"

McCain was quite correct in his assessment of the 2nd worst president in my 70 years of existence.

Paperback Writer
11-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Its amazing how two people can see the same incident and come away with two widely different stories.

That's probably because you're an emotional person prone to outbursts and conflation of events in a means which suit your own personal preference. That's perfectly alright. Most assume that position.

nathanbforrest45
11-25-2014, 12:32 PM
That's probably because you're an emotional person prone to outbursts and conflation of events in a means which suit your own personal preference. That's perfectly alright. Most assume that position.

And you are a Brit who is slowly losing his country to those who would just as soon cut your nuts off then give you the time of day.

Be of good cheer.

Paperback Writer
11-25-2014, 12:35 PM
And you are a Brit who is slowly losing his country to those who would just as soon cut your nuts off then give you the time of day.

Quite true. It's one reason why our third parties are gaining prominence. One third of all Britains are now in favour of third parties, in particular UKIP.

Be of good cheer.

I am, actually. :)

Mac-7
11-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Carter did fire a shot trying to free the hostages.

But all he did was blow his big toe off during the failed hostage rescue mission in the Iranian desert.

Jimmy's embarrassing incompetence as commander in chief was another reason he only served one term.

Green Arrow
11-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Its amazing how two people can see the same incident and come away with two widely different stories. What I saw in Jimma Cawder was a left leaning do nothing president who was responsible for the highest inflation in my life time, gas lines, a Third World country president insulting our president to his face on national television. I saw a president who sold out one of our few remaining allies and allowed Iran to be overrun with fanatics who repaid him by kidnapping our citizens. I saw the prisoners finally released because of the fear that Ronald Reagan would not twittle his thumbs but would "Bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran"

McCain was quite correct in his assessment of the 2nd worst president in my 70 years of existence.

That's nice. What you "saw" contradicts the facts.

silvereyes
11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Maybe he couldn't see the forest cuz of the trees?