PDA

View Full Version : We will not engage -- Bachman

Bob
11-23-2014, 09:45 PM
By Robert Wylde, Breitbart
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn) revealed on Saturday that Republican leadership, led by Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Oh), has no intention of resisting President Obama’s executive amnesty that he ordered on Thursday.
Breitbart News Executive Chairman Steven K. Bannon asked the congresswoman, who was a guest on Breitbart News Saturday Sirius XM Patriot channel 125, “Has there been any firm commitment from the leadership of the Republican party saying that this amnesty is not going to happen?” Bachmann replied with a question, “Do you want the truth? Okay, I’ll tell all of Breitbart listeners what happened this week. I was floored!”

In the weekly meeting called “Republican Conference” in the House of Representatives, “we all knew that the big issue for the week was going to be the president announcing his amnesty,” she explained. Bachmann recounted that all of the leadership went to the microphone, including John Boehner.
“They acted as though the amnesty issue wasn’t even an issue. They said that the President is going to do what he’s going to do, and we are not going to get down in the mud with him. We are not going to engage, and what we are going to do is to talk about our positive solutions on jobs, the economy, education, and manufacturing,” Bachmann said.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/23/we-will-not-engage-michele-bachmann-reveals-gop-plans-ignore-executive-amnesty

Green Arrow
11-23-2014, 11:07 PM
That's not exactly a surprise. Of course they won't do anything substantive to stop it. They agree with it. Same as on any other issue.

Calypso Jones
11-23-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't think it is agreement. They're stupid....no..more like they don't know how to stop him and perhaps they don't even realize that flyover country does not like this. Do they truly live in such a bubble?? I think perhaps they do. AND they've just screwd it up for themselves. Don't look to Repubs for stopping this Marxist butthead.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 12:06 AM
I don't think it is agreement. They're stupid....no..more like they don't know how to stop him and perhaps they don't even realize that flyover country does not like this. Do they truly live in such a bubble?? I think perhaps they do. AND they've just screwd it up for themselves. Don't look to Repubs for stopping this Marxist butthead.

I wish I believed in them, in someone in our government, as much as you do. Unfortunately, I've personally seen these people at their worst and know the truth. They absolutely agree with amnesty. They just don't say it publicly and avoid voting on it where they can, because they know it will likely cost them their power.

Bob
11-24-2014, 12:08 AM

They will have a lot more power come January 2015.

momsapplepie
11-24-2014, 12:11 AM
It's no use to try to anything now. They will have to wait until January when they are formerly seated. Right now, the democratic faction is still in control.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Like they'll do anything different. Just like the Democrats, they'll immediately start looking toward 2016. They'll pass red meat bills they know won't pass, just like both sides have done openly up to this point, and then when Obama vetoes it like they know he will, they'll raise holy hell about how he refused to pass immigration reform.

When are you people going to understand that we're just watching one big fucking opera or theatre show, here?

sachem
11-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Well they certainly can be working on a plan and put it into action when the new Congress is seated.

PolWatch
11-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Like they'll do anything different. Just like the Democrats, they'll immediately start looking toward 2016. They'll pass red meat bills they know won't pass, just like both sides have done openly up to this point, and then when Obama vetoes it like they know he will, they'll raise holy hell about how he refused to pass immigration reform.

When are you people going to understand that we're just watching one big fucking opera or theatre show, here?

We will see a lot of finger pointing and blame assigning with nothing changing in year 15-16 of the bush/obama administration....maybe a few new senatorial junkets.

Bob
11-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Obama by vetoing all of the proposals will prove he is the obstructionist. Sure, it will hurt Democrats in 2016 but he does not care who he hurts.

The Xl
11-24-2014, 12:38 AM

Keep hoping and praying that they do something with that power. They're both the same.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Obama by vetoing all of the proposals will prove he is the obstructionist. Sure, it will hurt Democrats in 2016 but he does not care who he hurts.

Obama has no more responsibility to pass everything Republicans put on his desk anymore than President Bush or Governor Romney had any responsibility to pass legislation the Democrats put on their desk.

But then, you believe both men were completely right to pass everything their opposition put on their desk, so I may be talking to the wrong person. I should instead pose this logical conundrum to someone that actually has principles that they believe in fighting for and standing up for.

Bob
11-24-2014, 02:41 AM
Obama has no more responsibility to pass everything Republicans put on his desk anymore than President Bush or Governor Romney had any responsibility to pass legislation the Democrats put on their desk.

But then, you believe both men were completely right to pass everything their opposition put on their desk, so I may be talking to the wrong person. I should instead pose this logical conundrum to someone that actually has principles that they believe in fighting for and standing up for.

Oh really.

You may be the top of the list for posters full of themselves.

Green Arrow
11-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Oh really.

You may be the top of the list for posters full of themselves.

Nope, I'm not at the top of the list. I can think of a number of posters that are more full of themselves than me. You're one of them, actually.

Mac-7
11-24-2014, 09:24 AM

Power to do what?

The 3 percenters have a point that many repub politicians have been corrupted by the open border/amnesty quislings and will pander to illegal aliens when they get the chance.

I think the Republican Party is sharply divided on the amnesty issue and could go either way.