PDA

View Full Version : Watch Pres. Obama Fumble Easy Question on Precedent

Professor Peabody
11-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Watch Pres. Obama Fumble Easy Question on Precedent

By Barbara Boland | 10 hours ago

President Obama completely fumbles when George Stephanopolous asks him how he’d respond if a future president takes the same action on taxes that Obama has taken on immigration. Incredibly, Obama responds as if he’d never heard or thought of this argument before, stumbling blindly along immigration talking points without answering the actual question.

Stephanopolous asked: “How do you respond to the argument, a future president comes in and wants lower taxes. Doesn’t happen. Congress won’t do it; so he says ‘I’m not going to prosecute those who don’t pay capital gains tax.’”

“The truth of the matter is George,” said the President, haltingly, “The reason that we, have to do.. uhm prosecutorial discretion in immigration, is that we know, that we – are not even close to being able to deal with the folks who have been here a long time…” Obama then pivoted to immigration talking points, without addressing the original question.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/watch-president-obama-fumble-easy-question-precedent

How about if a future President decides not to prosecute civil right's violations? OR a future President decides the EPA is bull and tells the Justice Dept not to prosecute any environmental complaints with regard to gas fracking and oil drilling. However the executive order tells the DOJ to go after wind and solar energy tooth and nail for the destruction of endangered species birds?

If you think what Obama has done is OK..........As my Dad used to say...."Be careful what you wish for, sometimes you get it..turns out what you get is nothing like what you thought it would be."

I think 6 months from now Harry Reid will be screaming to change the filibuster rules back the way they were before he changed them.

Peter1469
11-25-2014, 05:21 PM
The filibuster rules won't hurt the Dems until the GOP gets the White House.