PDA

View Full Version : Americans putting off medical care due to cost

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Americans putting off medical care due to cost (http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/28/gallup-peak-number-of-americans-delaying-medical-care-over-costs/)

Obamacare, the Affordable Care Act, turns out to not be so affordable.

One in three Americans has put off seeking medical treatment in 2014 due to high costs, according to Gallup — the highest percentage since Gallup began asking the question in 2001.

Thirty-three percent of Americans have delayed medical treatment for themselves or their families because of the costs they’d have to pay, according to the survey (http://www.gallup.com/poll/179774/cost-barrier-americans-medical-care.aspx). Obamacare, of course, had promised that it would help make health care more affordable for everyone, but the number of people who can’t afford a trip to the doctor has actually risen three points since 2013, before most Obamacare provisions took effect.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Americans putting off medical care due to cost (http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/28/gallup-peak-number-of-americans-delaying-medical-care-over-costs/)

Obamacare, the Affordable Care Act, turns out to not be so affordable.This political hoax was never intended to work for the people, it was intended to work as a toll for the Federal Government, a tool of 'control'.

Common
11-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Peter americans have been putting off medical care because of cost my entire life. Then when they get so sick they have no choice, they either walk in or call an ambulance to take them to the emergency room, where taxpayers pay for all treatment. Private hospitals know they can give every test imaginable and do any procedure they want and they will be paid by charity care. Private hospitals enriched themselves with charity care. Private insurance limits their greed and tells them what they are going to pay them and what for, they are well aware of that and act accordingly. That in turn allows the private insurers to enrich themselves while raising rates year after year for more PROFIT.

Its senseless and incredible that the richest country in the world has citizens that dont have health care.
I do not like obama care they way it was administered its turning out to be a real mess that gives insurers and medicare the right to deny at will what they once did not.

We should have health care for every citizen, weve been paying through the nose for it anyway at emergency rooms for decades. If the republicans didnt stonewall and refuse to participate we may have been able to form a decent bill instead of the, You have to pass it to know whats it in bill.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Peter americans have been putting off medical care because of cost my entire life. Then when they get so sick they have no choice, they either walk in or call an ambulance to take them to the emergency room, where taxpayers pay for all treatment. Private hospitals know they can give every test imaginable and do any procedure they want and they will be paid by charity care. Private hospitals enriched themselves with charity care. Private insurance limits their greed and tells them what they are going to pay them and what for, they are well aware of that and act accordingly.

Its senseless and incredible that the richest country in the world has citizens that dont have health care.
I do not like obama care they way it was administered its turning out to be a real mess that gives insurers and medicare the right to deny at will what they once did not.

We should have health care for every citizen, weve been paying through the nose for it anyway at emergency rooms for decades. If the republicans didnt stonewall and refuse to participate we may have been able to form a decent bill instead of the, You have to pass it to know whats it in bill.That's rich!!.

Matty
11-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Peter americans have been putting off medical care because of cost my entire life. Then when they get so sick they have no choice, they either walk in or call an ambulance to take them to the emergency room, where taxpayers pay for all treatment. Private hospitals know they can give every test imaginable and do any procedure they want and they will be paid by charity care. Private hospitals enriched themselves with charity care. Private insurance limits their greed and tells them what they are going to pay them and what for, they are well aware of that and act accordingly. That in turn allows the private insurers to enrich themselves while raising rates year after year for more PROFIT.

We should have health care for every citizen, weve been paying through the nose for it anyway at emergency rooms for decades. If the republicans didnt stonewall and refuse to participate we may have been able to form a decent bill instead of the, You have to pass it to know whats it in bill.

Omg! That is the biggest whopping lie I have ever heard on this board. The Republicans did not refuse to participate they were actually shut out. There were several doctors serving in congress too and they were shut out as well. Obama held the WH, the Senate, and the House of Reps. So put obama the einsteins known as Reid and Pelosi together and you have the FUBAR bill known As Obamacare. Not a single solitary Republican voted for it. Because as you well know they were not even given time to read it before the vote. Pelosi' you have to pass it before you know what's in it bullshit will be on her gravestone and OBAMACARE will be tattooed on every democrats forehead and every democrats who whines that it's the Republicans fault is going straight to hell! Do not pass go.

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 08:09 AM
The stated problem was access. Not health care. Why change the entire system when we have an in-place program for health care access for the poor. Just because poor people don't like Medicaid? Well, who cares. If they get it for free they should say thanks.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 08:14 AM
The stated problem was access. Not health care. Why change the entire system when we have an in-place program for health care access for the poor. Just because poor people don't like Medicaid? Well, who cares. If they get it for free they should say thanks.''Never allow a serious crisis go to waste''

Rahm Emanual

As I stated earlier, this was not about improving the American health care system, it was about more Government control,,the entire legislation was based on a political lie.

Matty
11-29-2014, 08:15 AM
The obama promise

you can keep your doctor

you can keep your plan

You will save $2.500.00 each year.

The reality? You cannot keep your doctor, you cannot find a doctor, you cannot keep your plan you lose your plan because it does not meet obummercare standards. If you are an 85 year old man your insurance must cover pregnancy. Stupid democrats. Your premiums have risen, your co pays have risen your deductibles are astronomical which means basically that you have become self insured and THAT'S WHy Americans are putting off getting healthcare. Because the fucking democrats stole their healthcare. Be proud obama voters be very proud.

Matty
11-29-2014, 08:17 AM
''Never allow a serious crisis go to waste''

Rahm Emanual

As I stated earlier, this was not about improving the American health care system, it was about more Government control,,the entire legislation was based on a political lie.
Absolutely! That's why the ACA is a TAX.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Absolutely! That's why the ACA is a TAX.And the Senate is not permitted by law to create legislation that creates a revenue,, only the House can do that, and not one single House member voted yes for this legislation.

Obamacare came strictly out of the Senate. . . .ILLEGAL.

Common Sense
11-29-2014, 10:51 AM
All I can say is thank god I live in Canada.

I can't imagine having to weigh the financial cost against my health.

Matty
11-29-2014, 10:56 AM
All I can say is thank god I live in Canada.

I can't imagine having to weigh the financial cost against my health.

Ya know I love you but you are such a hypocrite, you support democrats and their shit ACA 100%.

Polecat
11-29-2014, 10:59 AM
We have been insured all along but still can't afford health care. It was like that before Obama and has only become worse.

Common Sense
11-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Ya know I love you but you are such a hypocrite, you support democrats and their $#@! ACA 100%.

It's clearly not a great system. It's a combination of a rushed plan and a clear attempt by Republicans to sabotage the system.

I know you wont read it but....

http://www.thenation.com/blog/175429/blueprint-gops-attempt-sabotage-obamacare#

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 11:04 AM
It's clearly not a great system. It's a combination of a rushed plan and a clear attempt by Republicans to sabotage the system.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/175429/blueprint-gops-attempt-sabotage-obamacare#You live in Canada, while you are falsely claiming that the GOP had a hand in destroying the U.S. healthcare system?

That's just plain bizarre.

Matty
11-29-2014, 11:05 AM

http://www.thenation.com/blog/175429/blueprint-gops-attempt-sabotage-obamacare#
I will read it, but later. I really have some shopping I must do before FSU/Florida Game then Alabama/Auburn. Do you get American football in Canada? Two great games being played today. :)

Common Sense
11-29-2014, 11:06 AM
I will read it, but later. I really have some shopping I must do before FSU/Florida Game then Alabama/Auburn. Do you get American football in Canada? Two great games being played today. :)

We get all the games here...It's Canada but we also have 8 or 900 channels just like you.

But i don't watch football.

Enjoy the games. :)

Matty
11-29-2014, 11:08 AM
We get all the games here...It's Canada but we also have 8 or 900 channels just like you.

But i don't watch football.

Enjoy the games. :)
Thank You. Have a great day! It's gorgeous weather here in Fla. Flip flop weather.

Common Sense
11-29-2014, 11:11 AM
You live in Canada, while you are falsely claiming that the GOP had a hand in destroying the U.S. healthcare system?

That's just plain bizarre.

I'm not falsely claiming anything. It's not like I'm the first to claim it.

Read the article or don't...

What does my citizenship have to do with a reality?

Common Sense
11-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Thank You. Have a great day! It's gorgeous weather here in Fla. Flip flop weather.

I'm jealous...it's not bad here. No snow, sunny and sort of warm for late November.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm not falsely claiming anything. It's not like I'm the first to claim it.

Read the article or don't...

What does my citizenship have to do with a reality?The Nation is a leftists mouthpiece,it is not a credible source.

The GOP will not do any sabotaging of Obamacare, the signature legislation will still be here until the GOP can get elected to the Executive Branch, if they dont fuck that up somehow.

NOW. . .that is a reality of reality.

The GOP has several plans, and thay have had several plans,, plans that will and can work, but that is not what the left wants as a plan.

The leftist want the government to control every aspect of the healthcare system, where as the GOP's plans entice the private sector reform measures, which will be more effective.

The GOP will not sabotage Obamacare,, the leftist have already done that, 4 years ago.

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Who are you for?

lynn
11-29-2014, 12:52 PM
This mandate would have more accepted if deductibles were capped at $1000.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 12:56 PM
This mandate would have more accepted if deductibles were capped at $1000.If that would have happened,it would have been, I suspect, a $6trillion piece of legislation, the deductibles were concocted in that manner to make it appear that this was goingto be a $1 trillion piece of legislation.

Which in fact was a lie from the first utter of the first sentence about it.

AND. . . we will still have over 25 million uninsured.

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 01:21 PM
This mandate would have more accepted if deductibles were capped at $1000.

That couldn't work financially. Not without sky high premiums.

Polecat
11-29-2014, 02:23 PM
The only rational choice is to make insurance illegal. It is tax payed to corporation executives so they can make over 10 million a year. This is one place I support absolute tyranny. The bottom of the food chain in health care dose all the actual patient care. The rest just look good and get paid for being there.

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 02:28 PM
The only rational choice is to make insurance illegal. It is tax payed to corporation executives so they can make over 10 million a year. This is one place I support absolute tyranny. The bottom of the food chain in health care dose all the actual patient care. The rest just look good and get paid for being there.

Insurance is supposed to cover unexpected costs that you can't afford. Like if you total your car.

For the general population we need the opposite of Obamacare. We need catastrophic coverage with no limits and low premiums. Pay for routine medical services and watch the market control costs.

For people who can't afford it- give them Medicaid.

texan
11-29-2014, 02:50 PM

So we did a head fake screwed the system up for some peoople and made it worse, well thats great. Nice thinking democrats.

Common
11-29-2014, 03:54 PM
That's rich!!.

Whats rich is your inability to counter what ive said, but dont bother now it wont matter :)

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Whats rich is your inability to counter what ive said, but dont bother now it wont matter :)Know, then, after . . . I know it would have never mattered.