PDA

View Full Version : US Debt

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 03:51 AM
If you want a headache, read this article about US debt (http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/terence-p-jeffrey/ponzi-treasury-issues-1t-new-debt-8-weeks-pay-old-debt).

It is amazing we let it get this bad.

The Daily Treasury Statement (https://www.fms.treas.gov/fmsweb/viewDTSFiles?dir=w&fname=14112600.pdf) that was released Wednesday afternoon as Americans were preparing to celebrate Thanksgiving revealed that the U.S. Treasury has been forced to issue $1,040,965,000,000 in new debt since fiscal 2015 started just eight weeks ago in order to raise the money to pay off Treasury securities that were maturing and to cover new deficit spending by the government.

During those eight weeks, Treasury took in $341,591,000,000 in revenues. That was a record for the period between Oct. 1 and Nov. 25. But that record $341,591,000,000 in revenues was not enough to finance ongoing government spending let alone pay off old debt that matured.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 05:19 AM
If you want a headache, read this article about US debt (http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/terence-p-jeffrey/ponzi-treasury-issues-1t-new-debt-8-weeks-pay-old-debt).

The main purpose of the National Debt, Entitlements.

Entitlements have sucked up our wealth, and will continue to do so, if there is no meaningful reform measure instituted, and I mean immediately.

At least 30% of us dont even know that we have a debt.

Matty
11-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Oh the debt, the debt, the debt,,, ahhhhhhhummmmm the debt. The first 43 presidents got us into ten trillion dollars of debt ComBINED, the black guy in the White House has added 8 trillion SINGLE HANDEDLEY. Now his policies on illegal immigration are going to cost the taxpayer another 3 trillion. So lessee 10 (first 44) plus 8 (obama) plus 3 ( obama) equals 23 trillion and counting. Good job democrat obama voters!

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Oh the debt, the debt, the debt,,, ahhhhhhhummmmm the debt. The first 43 presidents got us into ten trillion dollars of debt ComBINED, the black guy in the White House has added 8 trillion SINGLE HANDEDLEY. Now his policies on illegal immigration are going to cost the taxpayer another 3 trillion. So lessee 10 (first 44) plus 8 (obama) plus 3 ( obama) equals 23 trillion and counting. Good job democrat obama voters!
The National Debt is just a kick in the bucket, compared to the Nations 'unfunded liabilities',just take a gander at this;

http://www.redstate.com/files/2013/02/US-Unfunded-Liabilities-620x217.jpg

donttread
11-29-2014, 09:55 AM

When you have the highest revenue of any country ever and you still have to borrow money to pay the interest on existing debt without many tangible assets to show for it you are committing fiscal mismanagement on a criminal scale.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 10:02 AM
When you have the highest revenue of any country ever and you still have to borrow money to pay the interest on existing debt without many tangible assets to show for it you are committing fiscal mismanagement on a criminal scale.Over crediting caused the Housing bubble in '08, this nation has already been down graded under Obama,, 'can we see the trees for the Forrest?'

donttread
11-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Over crediting caused the Housing bubble in '08, this nation has already been down graded under Obama,, 'can we see the trees for the Forrest?'

A housing "buuble" ( called out of control inflation in any other market) was not only predictable but fully fueled by the fed to hide the economies other flaws

The Xl
11-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Default and reform the economic system.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 11:08 AM
A housing "buuble" ( called out of control inflation in any other market) was not only predictable but fully fueled by the fed to hide the economies other flaws It was fully predicted during the Bush term, early in the Bush term, but Barney (god love him), told congress on many occasions, that he did not see any problems, all awhile his boyfriend was giving him and Chris a kickback.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Default and reform the economic system.I have a better idea, KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

The private sector can, has, and will continue to regulate itself, rather effectively.

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Most of us already know who the truly BIG SPENDERS contributing to the national debt are and it is not the Democrats! That's right folks, it's the *REPUBLICANS!*

GOP Presidents Have Been the Worst Contributors to the Federal Debt

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/gop-presidents-have-been-the-worst-contributors-to-the-federal-debt/264193/

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Most of us already know who the truly BIG SPENDERS contributing to the national debt are and it is not the Democrats! That's right folks, it's the *REPUBLICANS!*

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/gop-presidents-have-been-the-worst-contributors-to-the-federal-debt/264193/

Obama changed that story. But then he is a community agitator at heart. Money isn't an issue.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 11:36 AM

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/gop-presidents-have-been-the-worst-contributors-to-the-federal-debt/264193/Not this bullshit again. . ..GOOD GAWD.

This is smoke and mirrors, that the left uses to the hilt.

The POTUS does not control the purse strings, it's congress, you will find, with some adequate research, most congresses that have been the biggest spenders are those social justice congress's.

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Obama changed that story. But then he is a community agitator at heart. Money isn't an issue.
You're dead wrong there. Obama INHERITED the great debt passed unto him by previous Republican Presidents. Didn't you read the story? To be fair, don't you believe in blaming Republicans for the tremendous debt that we're now seeing?

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 11:40 AM
You're dead wrong there. Obama INHERITED the great debt passed unto him by previous Republican Presidents. Didn't you read the story? To be fair, don't you believe in blaming Republicans for the tremendous debt that we're now seeing?
OH THE IRONY. . . .different forum,, same leftists talking points.

You leftist need to find some different material to spew about.

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Not this bull$#@! again. . ..GOOD GAWD. This is smoke and mirrors, that the left uses to the hilt. The POTUS does not control the purse strings, it's congress, you will find, with some adequate research, most congresses that have been the biggest spenders are those social justice congress's. Oh and the Republicans are such saints according to you that they've NEVER contributed to the U.S. debt. Yeah right. Keep on foolishly defending the indefensible. Folks, don't let these Republicans who don't want to own up to their GREAT contributions to the national debt try to pull the wool over your eyes. They are the main ones responsible for the debt who passed it all to President Obama and there's no amount of trying to pull away from that now.

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 11:49 AM
OH THE IRONY. . . .different forum,, same leftists talking points.

You leftist need to find some different material to spew about.
And what you right-wingers need to do is to instill some truth into yourselves such as to admit that you are the Biggest contributors to the national debt and own up to it already.

Professor Peabody
11-29-2014, 12:07 PM
And what you right-wingers need to do is to instill some truth into yourselves such as to admit that you are the Biggest contributors to the national debt and own up to it already.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/National-Debt-2014.png

Have a cup of your own Joe.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Oh and the Republicans are such saints according to you that they've NEVER contributed to the U.S. debt. Yeah right. Keep on foolishly defending the indefensible. Folks, don't let these Republicans who don't want to own up to their GREAT contributions to the national debt try to pull the wool over your eyes. They are the main ones responsible for the debt who passed it all to President Obama and there's no amount of trying to pull away from that now.YEAH,, YEAH.

Lets look at this, rationally.

NAH,, lets not.

Lets use the same hyperbole, Obama sucks.

Democrats suck.

Republican suck.

Does that make you feel better about yourself now?

The National debt is out of control, instead of you leftist attempting to place blame in the political-partisinship manner they they always do, why dont you come to the table, admit that it's out of control, and assist in easing it, to a manageable debt.

How's that sound?

And what you right-wingers need to do is to instill some truth into yourselves such as to admit that you are the Biggest contributors to the national debt and own up to it already.TALKING POINTS.

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Have a cup of your own Joe.
Like I've said many times before, but you are apparently tone deaf, RWers have contributed to the national debt by MASSIVE proportions compared to Democrats. That highly reminds me of that now very famous song that should be your political party's theme song:

"Hey big spender
Spend a little time with me"

Foregone conclusion about your Massive-Spending G.O.P. habits.

Professor Peabody
11-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Like I've said many times before, but you are apparently tone deaf, RWers have contributed to the national debt by MASSIVE proportions compared to Democrats. That highly reminds me of that now very famous song that should be your political party's theme song: "Hey big spender Spend a little time with me" Foregone conclusion about your Massive-Spending G.O.P. habits. It's there in the chart.

Peter1469
11-29-2014, 12:34 PM
I constantly blame the GOP for its debt spending. I also blame Obama. He didn't have to continue trillion plus deficits. That is all Obama.

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Like I've said many times before, but you are apparently tone deaf, RWers have contributed to the national debt by MASSIVE proportions compared to Democrats. That highly reminds me of that now very famous song that should be your political party's theme song:

"Hey big spender
Spend a little time with me"

Foregone conclusion about your Massive-Spending G.O.P. habits.Where is your source for your assertion, not regarding to the POTUS, I want to see credible sources claiming that the GOP are the prime culprits in the massive National debt. . . . CONGRESS HOLDS THE PURSE STRINGS. ..

Show me.

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Where is your source for your assertion, not regarding to the POTUS, I want to see credible sources claiming that the GOP are the prime culprits in the massive National debt. . . . CONGRESS HOLDS THE PURSE STRINGS. ..

Show me.
You must be from Missouri, the "Show-Me State". But anyway, ask and you shall receive.

You need to read each story thoroughly to learn how the G.O.P.ers are the Biggest Spenders besides your G.O.P. Presidents.

The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders
http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/grand-old-spending-party-how-republicans-became-big-spenders

Meet the New, Big-Spending GOP Senators! Same as the Old, Big-Spending GOP Senators?
http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/04/meet-the-new-big-spending-gop-senators-s

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 01:38 PM
You must be from Missouri, the "Show-Me State". But anyway, ask and you shall receive.

You need to read each story thoroughly to learn how the G.O.P.ers are the Biggest Spenders besides your G.O.P. Presidents.

The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders
http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/grand-old-spending-party-how-republicans-became-big-spenders
The result of 9/11 and financing 2 wars, that Congress gave the ok for.

I guess that you would have pulled a '' We're sorry Bin Ladin, and we wont do it again we as a nation deserved our planes flying into our buildings''

This is not solid facts, this is an isolated instance, that would do nothing but raise Federal Spending, as it is the job, according to the U.S. Constitution, for the Federal Government secure our nation, this actually speaks volumes of nothingness and the leftists talking points.

Meet the New, Big-Spending GOP Senators! Same as the Old, Big-Spending GOP Senators?
http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/04/meet-the-new-big-spending-gop-senators-sNoting but pure speculation and projection, far from being a credible source.

Let me show you my goodies;

During the 111th Congress (2009-2010), U.S. Representatives and Senators introduced 176 bills that would have reduced spending and 2,480 bills that would have raised spendingAND. . . who was it that controlled the 111th congress?

The table below quantifies the five-year annual net agendas of the political parties in previous Congresses:

http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

TrueBlue
11-29-2014, 01:55 PM
The result of 9/11 and financing 2 wars, that Congress gave the ok for. I guess that you would have pulled a '' We're sorry Bin Ladin, and we wont do it again we as a nation deserved our planes flying into our buildings'' This is not solid facts, this is an isolated instance, that would do nothing but raise Federal Spending, as it is the job, according to the U.S. Constitution, for the Federal Government secure our nation, this actually speaks volumes of nothingness and the leftists talking points. Noting but pure speculation and projection, far from being a credible source. Let me show you my goodies; AND. . . who was it that controlled the 111th congress? The table below quantifies the five-year annual net agendas of the political parties in previous Congresses: http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp
Well friend, two can sure play this game! With regard to your posting, since you are so incredulous about the fine and creditable sources I've presented, it appears only fair to turn around and dish your own words right back at you. "Noting but pure speculation and projection, far from being a credible source." How do you like them apples! :)

ace's n 8's
11-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Well friend, two can sure play this game! With regard to your posting, since you are so incredulous about the fine and creditable sources I've presented, it appears only fair to turn around and dish your own words right back at you. "Noting but pure speculation and projection, far from being a credible source." How do you like them apples! :)The difference is,, I meant it,you are just tryin' to make a funny. My source is extremely credible, and should be taken under full advisement for those that are less informed, and those that stick to their cherished talking points. Bottom line here; YOU LOOSE.:kiss:

PSST. . . no worries,, I'll be gone in a couple of days, it will be back to normal soon enough for ya

texan
11-29-2014, 03:00 PM

Not including the lies on the Obamacare crap. It was passed at a cost of 850 Million, then shocker restated at like double that and we won't even mention the slush fund that can be any amount to subsidize insurance company shortfalls. Then remember if the medical equip tax is repealed the funding is GONE, it is a big part.

Oh yes print borrow and more money.

"The long-term deficit and debt that we have accumulated is unsustainable. We can't keep on just borrowing from China or borrowing from other countries," Obama told a town hall meeting event in New Mexico.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/05/14/us-obama-china-debt-idUSTRE54D58Q20090514

I think that was part of his standup comedy act he takes on the raod with his circus clowns.