PDA

View Full Version : GOP Senate Candidate Pete Hoekstra Propose Office to Verify Presidential Candidates

MMC
06-01-2012, 01:27 AM
In an address to a Michigan Tea Party group in early May, former Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich.) called for a government office to verify presidential candidates' citizenship and lamented Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) opposition to questioning President Obama on his birthplace.

"At any future election someone would have to walk into that office and prove that they meet the minimum qualifications to be president of the United States," he said, suggesting "an FBI person, maybe a CIA person and one person managing those two people" to run the proposed department.

Hoekstra, a former head of the House Intelligence Committee, is running in a competitive primary to face off against Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.). He was establishment Republicans' favored recruit, although charter schools founder Clark Durant (R) has kept up with him in fundraising. Stabenow is considered the favorite against either candidate.....snip~

http://thehill.com/video/house/229965-hoekstra-calls-for-government-department-to-check-presidential-candidates-birth-certificates

Does any here think Hoekstra is Right? Should a government office be set up to verify the Eligibility of Presidential Candidates? Now here is the Conservative addressing a tea party group at a townhall meeting. He tells thems this. What do those on the Right think about a Conservative calling for more expansion of the Federal Government? :undecided:

wingrider
06-01-2012, 02:15 AM
No we do not need a separate office for this.. What we have to have is for the nominating office to verify and prove these facts before a person is allowed to run for office.. this means a certifable information, and a full vetting that is made public.

Mainecoons
06-01-2012, 06:29 AM
No, we don't need a separate office but we do need clear authority for the Supreme Court to act if the Congress, whose responsibility this is, fails to do it as they did with Mr. Obama. You will note that they did do it with Mr. McCain, however.

Still waitin' to see that certified BC, not some forged BS posted on the internet. Seven layers?? Give me a break. Even I can figure out that a scanned document doesn't have 7 layers. It has ONE.

MMC
06-01-2012, 07:54 AM
What about this Conservative and this expansion that he wants to propose. I heard later he stated he wanted to expand to 3 Offices across the Country.

Also he is running for the Senate.

Cigar
06-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Maybe we should just FIRE the FBI, CIA, Capital Security, The Justices Department and The United States Secrete Service; because obviously none of them know how to do Background Checks.

How else could a Black Alien Community Organizer who coned his way through College become The 44th President of The United States?

I think we should have an investigation on all the previous 43 Presidents ... because the same agencies gave them the exact same Security Clearance.

I'm sorry ... but it really is that funny when you think about it. :)

Mainecoons
06-01-2012, 10:02 AM
What gave you the idea any of them did background checks? References please. ONLY the Congress is empowered by the Constitution to vett the POTUS and VPOTUS.

Sleep through that class, guy? :grin:

MMC
06-01-2012, 10:05 AM
What gave you the idea any of them did background checks? References please. ONLY the Congress is empowered by the Constitution to vett the POTUS and VPOTUS.

Thats how I read it.....think he can win the Senate seat in Michigan against Step-an-howler(SP)?

Cigar
06-01-2012, 11:52 AM

Hay sport ... EVERYONE who get's Top Secrete Clearance gets checked!

TOP SECRET/SCI background checks are automatically performed.

Chew first ... then swallow slowly

MMC
06-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Hay sport ... EVERYONE who get's Top Secrete Clearance gets checked!

TOP SECRET/SCI background checks are automatically performed.

Chew first ... then swallow slowly

Was that after they gave him the Secret Police for personal bodyguards while campaigning against Hillary? You know when Bilbo said he was alright?

bladimz
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
No, we don't need a separate office but we do need clear authority for the Supreme Court to act if the Congress, whose responsibility this is, fails to do it as they did with Mr. Obama. You will note that they did do it with Mr. McCain, however.

Still waitin' to see that certified BC, not some forged BS posted on the internet. Seven layers?? Give me a break. Even I can figure out that a scanned document doesn't have 7 layers. It has ONE.Yeah... i suppose if you scan a doc with your little desktop all-in-one and open it with Windows Paint, or whatever... But it appears that even you have no experience or knowledge of high-end scanners and graphics programs like Illustrator. Only a person with no clue would make such a weak comment.

Mainecoons
06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
OK genius, explain (1), how illustrator creates multiple levels and, (2) why would one scan something like this with anything other than the normal document scanner that produces ONE layer.

Here, start with this:

Adobe® Illustrator (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-an-illustrator-do.htm)® is computer software (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-computer-software.htm) that enables users to design, modify and edit vector graphics images from a computer and save them as files into a number of vector graphics formats. These formats are indicated by the file extension letters after the file name. The most popular formats are Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), Portable Document Format (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-portable-document-format.htm) (PDF), Windows® Metafile (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-metafile.htm) (WMF), Scalable Vector Graphics (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-scalable-vector-graphics.htm) (SVG) and Vector Markup Language (VML). The use of mathematical equations to generate points, lines, curves and other shapes is a difference between Adobe® Illustrator® and other graphics software programs (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-software-programs.htm) on the market. This technique is known in the jargon of the industry as "geometrical primitives" and is the basis of vector graphics.

Sounds like a great piece of software for creating a document, not simply scanning it. That's the point, dummy. Dooh!

We're waiting. Don't forget to post references and I don't mean your usual crap from the DNC, thanks.

coolwalker
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
No we do not need a separate office for this.. What we have to have is for the nominating office to verify and prove these facts before a person is allowed to run for office.. this means a certifable information, and a full vetting that is made public.

Currently the Partys themselves do the checking, or not. This Office is a great idea. What, do you think that one of the people running today has something to hide?