PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about Democrats...

Green Arrow
11-29-2014, 11:50 PM
You know what I hate about Democrats?

Dishonesty.

Yes, Democrats are dishonest. They say they are liberals, that they care about the environment and poor people, but when they get the chance to do something about it? They sell out all those causes and people when they get handed a phat check. For evidence, look no further than Mary Landrieu selling out the people of her state and the people of the rest of this country by supporting the Keystone pipeline because she figured it would help her win her tough re-election. Or, we could look to Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration, and we don't even have to change to a different issue. Despite saying they are opposed to it, President Obama has been trying for his entire administration to get Keystone approved behind the scenes, and Hillary Clinton, as his Secretary of State, did the most work toward getting to that point.

Of course, we could certainly always look at other issues. Like, I don't know, PPACA, colloquially referred to as Obamacare. We were told that Democrats cared about our healthcare, and opposed the way insurance companies overcharged and excluded the people most in need of their coverage, and what did they do? They shut down every attempt by liberal DEMOCRATS like Dennis Kucinich and even crazy ass Andy Weiner to pass healthcare reform that would actually do that, and instead jammed a recycled old Republican plan down our throats. A plan that, by the way, gives those insurance companies the biggest handout they've ever gotten in history.

How about campaign finance reform and billionaires controlling elections? Obama received donations in both Presidential campaigns from the same billionaires and megacorps that funded McCain and Romney. Billionaires like George Soros and the Steyer Bros. are no different than Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Bros, but do the Democrats distance themselves from Soros and the Steyers even as they condemn Republicans for Adelson and the Kochs? Nope. Do they reject the support of companies like Goldman Sachs and Heinz Corp even as they condemn Republicans for getting donations from Walmart? Nope.

If they did that, they'd have to be honest.

Unfortunately, they are dishonest.

Common
11-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Who do you consider as honest in politics ?

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 12:01 AM

There are people.

Common
11-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Ok but would you like to share who you think is honest enough to run for potus

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 06:14 AM
There are people.

Meaning that's for Green Arrow to know and Common to find out.

Doesn't Common realize that the 3 percent crowd are fence sitters because they have trouble making decisions?

They vote for some libertarian party nobody because then they can claim that no matter what goes wrong in the country is never their fault.

Common
11-30-2014, 07:33 AM
He doesnt have to answer me thats his right. I think he just didnt want to say rand paul who is also dishonest.

ace's n 8's
11-30-2014, 07:37 AM
He doesnt have to answer me thats his right. I think he just didnt want to say rand paul who is also dishonest.I'd love to see some Rand Paul dishonesty, where can I find that at?

Common
11-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Pretty damn close to Harry Reid in truth and lies

Http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rand-paul/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/harry-reid/

ace's n 8's
11-30-2014, 08:04 AM
Pretty $#@! close to Harry Reid in truth and lies

Http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rand-paul/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/harry-reid/Oh yeah, the good ole' truth bearing politifact.

Politi Fact bases their truth meter on 'their truth meter'

I dont find the site to be to credible any more.

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Ok but would you like to share who you think is honest enough to run for potus

Ron Paul, Jim Webb, Rand Paul, and Bernie Sanders.

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Meaning that's for Green Arrow to know and Common to find out.

Doesn't Common realize that the 3 percent crowd are fence sitters because they have trouble making decisions?

They vote for some libertarian party nobody because then they can claim that no matter what goes wrong in the country is never their fault.

I'm not a fence sitter. I know exactly where I stand and who I will and will not vote for.

Matty
11-30-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm not a fence sitter. I know exactly where I stand and who I will and will not vote for.

O b a m a, O b a m a! O b a m a!

donttread
11-30-2014, 10:11 AM

The interns on their first day maybe?

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 11:06 AM

That's what I said.

You will vote for some libertarian oddball with no chance of winning.

Peter1469
11-30-2014, 11:17 AM
That's what I said.

You will vote for some libertarian oddball with no chance of winning.

So? Why vote for a milk toast Republican who is only going to increase the scope of government anyway?

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 11:34 AM
So? Why vote for a milk toast Republican who is only going to increase the scope of government anyway?

Because not voting for the repub elects an even worse democrat.

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 11:44 AM

If the rest of the stupid fuckers voting would refuse to vote for a milquetoast Republican, guess what? The "even worse" Democrat wouldn't get elected, and neither would the milquetoast Republican.

Peter1469
11-30-2014, 11:50 AM

Tough cookies. Stop nominating milk toast and Statists.

I don't understand this need to vote for evil to prevent a greater evil.

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Tough cookies. Stop nominating milk toast and Statists.

I don't understand this need to vote for evil to prevent a greater evil.

You keep blaming me as if I control who wins the primary.

but electing dems hurts you as much as me.

Peter1469
11-30-2014, 12:28 PM
You keep blaming me as if I control who wins the primary.

but electing dems hurts you as much as me.

I am not blaming you. I just won't play along with mediocrity.

donttread
11-30-2014, 12:38 PM

LOOK at the COMPLETE and UTTER mismanagement of every aspect of federal government that has occurred in the past 15 years and then tell me again how well "Lesser of two evils" voting works so well?

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 12:38 PM
I am not blaming you. I just won't play along with mediocrity.

But you are.

not voting for the repub throws the election to the democrats.

And they are worse.

Peter1469
11-30-2014, 01:14 PM
But you are.

And they are worse.

This is clearly where we disagree. There are two ways to look at this.

1. Supporting crappy GOP candidates only encourages the GOP to stay the same- i.e. horrible.

2. If the dems keep winning they will be on watch when the economy / currency collapses. That kills the brand and they are done.

Matty
11-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Democrats know how to shit in their nests for sure!

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 01:41 PM
But you are.

And they are worse.

Not voting for Hitler throws the election to Stalin. Do you vote for Hitler?

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Not voting for Hitler throws the election to Stalin. Do you vote for Hitler?

FDR voted for Stalin.

TrueBlue
11-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd love to see some Rand Paul dishonesty, where can I find that at?
Right Here as a matter of fact!

Rand Paul’s Dishonesty About Anwar Al-Awlaki and Drones
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/rand-pauls-dishonesty-about-anwar-al-awlaki-and-drones/

Rand Paul is Dishonest and Lacks Integrity
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/04/rand-paul-dishonest-lacks-integrity.html

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 02:05 PM
This is clearly where we disagree. There are two ways to look at this.

1. Supporting crappy GOP candidates only encourages the GOP to stay the same- i.e. horrible.

2. If the dems keep winning they will be on watch when the economy / currency collapses. That kills the brand and they are done.

i do disagree - respectfully.

you have no influence with candidates that you refuse to vote for.

They don't always take your vote and do the opposite because they want your vote again.

If the dems collapse the economy dems will not be blamed for it because the lib news media will lie for them.

and more voters will line up for government handouts and vote for dems to give the handouts to them.

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Right Here as a matter of fact!

Rand Paul’s Dishonesty About Anwar Al-Awlaki and Drones
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/rand-pauls-dishonesty-about-anwar-al-awlaki-and-drones/

Rand Paul is Dishonest and Lacks Integrity
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/04/rand-paul-dishonest-lacks-integrity.html

He never mentioned al-Awlaki because he wasn't talking about al-Awlaki, he was talking about al-Awlaki's 16 year old son that we drone bombed.

Not that I should be giving your clearly biased source much merit...

Ethereal
11-30-2014, 02:40 PM
FDR voted for Stalin.

And look how well that turned out. A nice "cold" war that lasted fifty years and is being reignited as we speak.

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 02:41 PM
FDR voted for Stalin.

Answer the question.

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 02:45 PM
And look how well that turned out. A nice "cold" war that lasted fifty years and is being reignited as we speak.

You may have a point that could appeal to libs.

total world domination by the nazis certainly would have prevented a Cold War with the Soviet Union.

Mac-7
11-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Answer the question.

I think FDR made the right decision.

but your soulmate Ethereal does not agree.

Mini Me
11-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, the good ole' truth bearing politifact.

Politi Fact bases their truth meter on 'their truth meter'

I dont find the site to be to credible any more.

Conservatives hate all the fact checkers, because it exposes their people to all the lies they tell.

Green Arrow
11-30-2014, 02:54 PM

LOL. I'm sure Ethereal will disagree on that one. We are definitely not soulmates. Even if he swung that way, we'd end up killing each other before the end of it.

Let's keep the personal shit out of it, and you stop avoiding my question. Hitler was unquestionably not the greater evil between him and Stalin. Stalin killed two or three times as many people as Hitler and left behind a far darker legacy.

Do you pick Hitler to stop Stalin?

Mini Me
11-30-2014, 02:56 PM

Wrong. The Cold war didn't start until just after WW II.

And there is no way FDR voted for Stalin, as he was not a USSR citizen.

Mister D
11-30-2014, 02:57 PM

total world domination by the nazis certainly would have prevented a Cold War with the Soviet Union.

Two pointlessly destructive wars were fought to keep Germany from dominating Europe. now Germany dominates the E.U.

Ethereal
11-30-2014, 03:04 PM

They weren't interested in total world domination. They were interested in returning some ethnic German territories to Germany and confronting Judeo-Bolshevism in the east.

Ethereal
11-30-2014, 03:07 PM

Almost every decision FDR ever made as a politician was the wrong decision.

Grow up, loser.

Ethereal
11-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Wrong. The Cold war didn't start until just after WW II.

And there is no way FDR voted for Stalin, as he was not a USSR citizen.

I know when it started. My point is that the initial decision to ally with Russia is inextricably linked to the start of the Cold War. They are part of a causal chain.

Mister D
11-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Throughout the war and even before it, Hollywood made pro-Soviet propaganda films. Mission to Moscow, for example. Some of our older members may actually remember them.

Peter1469
11-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Anyway, I will focus on third parties and real change. I have had more than enough of the status quo.
i do disagree - respectfully.

you have no influence with candidates that you refuse to vote for.

They don't always take your vote and do the opposite because they want your vote again.

If the dems collapse the economy dems will not be blamed for it because the lib news media will lie for them.

and more voters will line up for government handouts and vote for dems to give the handouts to them.

Mac-7
12-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Let's keep the personal $#@! out of it, and you stop avoiding my question. Hitler was unquestionably not the greater evil between him and Stalin. Stalin killed two or three times as many people as Hitler and left behind a far darker legacy.

Do you pick Hitler to stop Stalin?

I didn't avoid your question.

Just like FDR I picked Stalin over Hitler.

As for your personal opinion that one was worse than the other its moot since we beat both men and the dictatorships they represented.

Professor Peabody
12-01-2014, 05:02 AM
Ron Paul, Jim Webb, Rand Paul, and Bernie Sanders.

Sanders is Honest, dumb as a bag of hammers, but honest.

Cigar
12-01-2014, 09:23 AM
There are people.

I'm guessing they were born people first ... :grin:

Mac-7
12-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Anyway, I will focus on third parties and real change. I have had more than enough of the status quo.

Correction.

You will wander in the wilderness like a lost puppy.

But at least you will never vote for anyone who wins so you can never be blamed when things go wrong.

Peter1469
12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Correction.

You will wander in the wilderness like a lost puppy.

But at least you will never vote for anyone who wins so you can never be blamed when things go wrong.

The last 25 years is evidence that the two major parities are failing us.

Mac-7
12-01-2014, 06:43 PM
The last 25 years is evidence that the two major parities are failing us.

So are the 3rd party lollipops you vote for who never win anything.

Peter1469
12-01-2014, 07:46 PM

They will never win if the majority chew on their cuds and mindlessly pick (D) or (R). :smiley:

Mac-7
12-02-2014, 06:35 AM
They will never win if the majority chew on their cuds and mindlessly pick (D) or (R). :smiley:

You are mindlessly picking the weirdo who is promising to legalize drugs for the junkies.

Better that the 3 percent should learn to drive the train that already is rather than trying to build their own railroad.

Green Arrow
12-02-2014, 12:34 PM

Lots of people win the special olympics, but they are still retarded.

Mac-7
12-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Lots of people win the special olympics, but they are still retarded.

Everyone holding office may look retarded to you but they are still making the decisions that rule your life.

So rather than wasting your vote on someone who will never get elected get involved in the real political process and make a difference for once.

Green Arrow
12-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Everyone holding office may look retarded to you but they are still making the decisions that rule your life.

So rather than wasting your vote on someone who will never get elected get involved in the real political process and make a difference for once.

Who says I can't do both?

Also, kindly take that rhetoric and shove it. My vote is mine to do with as I please. I place value on it, not you. If I vote for someone I believe will actually make a difference, my vote is highly valuable to me.

Mac-7
12-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Who says I can't do both?

Also, kindly take that rhetoric and shove it.

My vote is mine to do with as I please. I place value on it, not you. If I vote for someone I believe will actually make a difference, my vote is highly valuable to me.

If I shove it you won't like where I put it.

Republicans are the only hope for positive change.

if you go with either of the other two choices you are part of what's wrong with America.

Green Arrow
12-02-2014, 02:49 PM
If I shove it you won't like where I put it.

I might. I'm into that sort of thing.

Republicans are the only hope for positive change.

if you go with either of the other two choices you are part of what's wrong with America.

Nope, you are just as much a part of it as they are.

Mac-7
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Nope, you are just as much a part of it as they are.

Of course.

the office holders I vote for do not always make the best choices.

I make mistakes and so do the repubs I support.

but at least I'm in the game unlike the 3 percenters who are just sitting on the sidelines.