PDA

View Full Version : Businesses turning on Obamacare

Peter1469
11-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Businesses turning on Obamacare (https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-u-ceos-threaten-pull-tacit-obamacare-support-120556143--sector.html)

The administration has sued a couple of businesses over their implementation of wellness programs. This has spooked the business community and threatens its support over the health care law.

Major U.S. corporations have broadly supported President Barack Obama's healthcare reform despite concerns over several of its elements, largely because it included provisions encouraging the wellness programs.

The programs aim to control healthcare costs by reducing smoking, obesity, hypertension and other risk factors that can lead to expensive illnesses. A bipartisan provision in the 2010 healthcare reform law allows employers to reward workers who participate and penalize those who don't.

But recent lawsuits filed by the administration's Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), challenging the programs at Honeywell International and two smaller companies, have thrown the future of that part of Obamacare into doubt.

ace's n 8's
11-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Businesses turning on Obamacare (https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-u-ceos-threaten-pull-tacit-obamacare-support-120556143--sector.html)

The administration has sued a couple of businesses over their implementation of wellness programs. This has spooked the business community and threatens its support over the health care law.They were for it. . . before they were against it..

I have no sympathy for these fools, they chose to go for another big government entitlement for their own profit, rather than endorse private sector reforms, I hope they loose every damn lawsuit that they filed against the Obamacare horseshit.

Common
11-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Lately alot is turning on Obamacare. Recently Seniors who had no complaint up till now where I live are complaining because their doctors are telling them they cant prescribe certain medications medicare will no longer pay for them along with some tests they used to and will no longer.
Ive personally felt the effect of that with my wife and two of our drs who never said anything said its going to get worse. We'll see.
I was always for every american having decent health care. I wasnt for the way the ACA was passed in the house.

ace's n 8's
11-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Lately alot is turning on Obamacare. Recently Seniors who had no complaint up till now where I live are complaining because their doctors are telling them they cant prescribe certain medications medicare will no longer pay for them along with some tests they used to and will no longer.
Ive personally felt the effect of that with my wife and two of our drs who never said anything said its going to get worse. We'll see.
I was always for every american having decent health care. I wasnt for the way the ACA was passed in the house.double post.shucks.

ace's n 8's
11-30-2014, 08:22 AM
I was always for every american having decent health care. I wasnt for the way the ACA was passed in the house.Why wont Medi-care pay for them,,cant that entitlement afford to pay for them, I dont think the $700 billion that Obama stripped out of that program would affect the needed medication that seniors need to live a comfortable lifestyle. . . but I could be wrong about that.

AND. . . ACA was NOT passed in the House.