PDA

View Full Version : NFL Has Evidence: Saints Kept Weekly Ledger in Bounty Scandal.....

MMC
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.1fhcNlTf7k9BzjeX4NW5g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMwMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/Sports/ap/201203211237454330102-p2.jpeg

Two sources with knowledge of the NFL's evidence in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal said Friday that the league has a copy of a "ledger" that was kept detailing weekly earnings for players.
The ledger, which shows both money earned for "cart-offs" and "whacks" and deducted for "mental errors," also points to the fact that players were told on a week-by-week basis of their performance.

The ledger could prove to be extremely damning to the players' cause. Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma has filed a defamation lawsuit against NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in federal court in Louisiana, claiming he never paid nor received money for bounties.
Vilma's claim may ultimately be a matter of semantics.

While the ledger doesn't necessarily prove that there was an actual transaction, it is potentially strong evidence that such a system existed. In the ledger, payments of $1,000 for cart-offs (a hit that resulted in a player being helped off the field), $400 for whacks (hard hits) and $100 deductions for mental errors were kept track of for each player.

In addition, Pamphilon's accusation against Fujita, who is a player representative to the NFLPA, potentially brings up a contradiction over the defense by the players, who have been arguing that the bounty system didn't exist. Aside from the existence of the ledger, the effort by the players to push the blame for the system onto Williams by having Pamphilon release the audio tape is a tacit admission that the bounty system existed.

Or as one source said: "You can't have it both ways. You can't argue it didn't happen and then argue somebody else forced you to do it.".....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--new-orleans-saints-kept-a--ledger--detailing-weekly-earnings-in-bounty-scandal.html

Looks like there are going to be some players put out of football. Don't look good for the Saints players now either.

Conley
06-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Sure is interesting how they've saved and shared all this evidence from the Saints but when the Patriots were up to no good all the evidence was destroyed immediately without anyone besides the Commish's office getting to look at it.

Also I think that film maker is full of it when he says he thought Brees wanted him to release the tape. No way.

MMC
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Sure is interesting how they've saved and shared all this evidence from the Saints but when the Patriots were up to no good all the evidence was destroyed immediately without anyone besides the Commish's office getting to look at it.

Also I think that film maker is full of it when he says he thought Brees wanted him to release the tape. No way.

You sure be hating on the Patriots.....brutha. :shocked:

Conley
06-01-2012, 06:09 PM
How long have you known me? And you're shocked by my hate? :laugh:

MMC
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Cmon now you know that no Patriot would leave any incriminating evidence laying around. How can you not luv Patriots? I mean if the Saints wanted to run around in the lime light for winning the SB. Then they shouldn't have played like Dumb and Dumberer knowing full well the All Seeing Eye was on them.

Now if any of those Patriots would have been on SD. I think you would be singing a different Star Spangled Banner. Tell the truth, wouldn't you like to be a Patriot too? :cya20:

Shoot the Goose
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Evidently, whoever neglected to burn the ledger needs to be assessed a penalty against any bounties earned. :rollseyes:

Conley
06-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Cmon now you know that no Patriot would leave any incriminating evidence laying around. How can you not luv Patriots? I mean if the Saints wanted to run around in the lime light for winning the SB. Then they shouldn't have played like Dumb and Dumberer knowing full well the All Seeing Eye was on them.

Now if any of those Patriots would have been on SD. I think you would be singing a different Star Spangled Banner. Tell the truth, wouldn't you like to be a Patriot too? :cya20:

Yep, I can admit some of my hatred is jealousy. :grin: 3 rings to none I think is the count.

Conley
06-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Evidently, whoever neglected to burn the ledger needs to be assessed a penalty against any bounties earned. :rollseyes:

Seriously, how dumb was keeping that ledger around?