PDA

View Full Version : Execution compared to Abortion

Bob
12-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Please stick to the topic where Execution is compared to abortion

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sachem http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=863842#post863842)
As a decent society we shouldn't be executing anyone.

Care to discuss this?

http://www.all.org/nav/index/heading...MzQ/id/NjA3OQ/ (http://www.all.org/nav/index/heading/OQ/cat/MzQ/id/NjA3OQ/)

Mac-7
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by sachem http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=863842#post863842)

Care to discuss this?

http://www.all.org/nav/index/heading...MzQ/id/NjA3OQ/ (http://www.all.org/nav/index/heading/OQ/cat/MzQ/id/NjA3OQ/)

Sure.

if bloodthirsty libs can execute innocent children why not convicted murderers?

del
12-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Sure.

i don't think most convicted murderers have the skill set to perform abortions

Mac-7
12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
i don't think most convicted murderers have the skill set to perform abortions

That is your admission that you can't refute the logic.

if libs can execute unborn children that have never committed a crime then society can certainly execute cold blooded murderers.

del
12-03-2014, 04:48 PM
That is your admission that you can't refute the logic.

if libs can execute unborn children that have never committed a crime then society can certainly execute cold blooded murderers.

fine with me, but i still think it's a stupid idea to have convicted felons perform abortions.

i mean, what if they fuck up and one of them lives?

Mac-7
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
fine with me, but i still think it's a stupid idea to have convicted felons perform abortions.

i mean, what if they $#@! up and one of them lives?

By playing stupid you are only making yourself look bad.

Bo-4
12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
BoB.. you are dismissed for the evening.

Go parade with a sign featuring picture of bloody fetus outside your local Planned Parenthood facility.

And leave us normal folk the fuck alone.

Thanks in advance!

del
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
By playing stupid you are only making yourself look bad.

looking bad in your eyes doesn't have quite the sting you may think it does, buzzy

Mac-7
12-03-2014, 06:01 PM
looking bad in your eyes doesn't have quite the sting you may think it does, buzzy

Oh I have no illusions about where I stand with you.

But still, your recent comedy routine was pretty stale.

del
12-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Oh I have no illusions about where I stand with you.

But still, your recent comedy routine was pretty stale.

you and bob don't give me much to work with

Mac-7
12-03-2014, 06:09 PM
you and bob don't give me much to work with

Don't blame us because killing innocent children is not a funny topic.

Bob
12-03-2014, 06:16 PM

i mean, what if they fuck up and one of them lives?

Other than you, who believes convicts do abortions?

Bob
12-03-2014, 06:17 PM

Well, convicts don't care if they look bad.

Bob
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Sure.

The reason I am tying them together is a few allege convicts are innocent and should never be executed. I maintain those aborted are just as innocent, yet Democrats approve them being executed.

donttread
12-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Care to discuss this?

I never really bought in to the comparison. But yes, I do believe in Capital punishment. I think it should be reserved for particularly heinous offences and requiring even higher level of prove that conviction requires.
But there are those among us so broken as to serve no purpose , have no redeemable qualities, take resources away from rehabilitatable convicts and occasionally get out and kill again.

Blackrook
12-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I would be willing to end both.

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 01:05 AM
The reason I am tying them together is a few allege convicts are innocent and should never be executed. I maintain those aborted are just as innocent, yet Democrats approve them being executed.

I think a few innocent men may be executed out of thousands of guilty killers.

But every aborted child is innocent.

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 01:06 AM
I would be willing to end both.

As if both were equally bad?

I don't think they are.

Chloe
12-04-2014, 03:17 AM

They should just take one for the team, right?

Professor Peabody
12-04-2014, 03:34 AM

i mean, what if they $#@! up and one of them lives?

I truly hope you are being factious.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 07:26 AM
One kills the deserving, the other kills the innocent defenseless.

Pretty simple.

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 07:40 AM

It works the same in surgery.

Some people die in spite of the best efforts of doctors.

Chloe
12-04-2014, 09:39 AM
It works the same in surgery.

Some people die in spite of the best efforts of doctors.

sorry but that analogy fails on so many levels

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 09:46 AM
sorry but that analogy fails on so many levels

It works better than abortion does for the libs.

The state does not intentionally kill innocent people.

But liberal/progressive women do intentionally kill innocent children.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
It works better than abortion does for the libs.

The state does not intentionally kill innocent people.

But liberal/progressive women do intentionally kill innocent children.

There are tons of intellectual leaps of faith with the pro-baby-in-a-blender crowd.

That alone speaks volumes of the moral desperation.

Adelaide
12-04-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm pro-choice until majority of physicians, scientists and ethicists agree that abortion is killing and change their rules to disallow performing them as part of their ethics. There is no doubt as to the life of a prisoner.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm pro-choice until majority of physicians, scientists and ethicists agree that abortion is killing and change their rules to disallow performing them as part of their ethics. There is no doubt as to the life of a prisoner.

So you let others design your morals for you?

This is one of the baby-in-a-blender crowd's moral leaps of faith I mentioned earlier.

There are more just like this.

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm pro-choice until majority of physicians, scientists and ethicists agree that abortion is killing and change their rules to disallow performing them as part of their ethics.

There is no doubt as to the life of a prisoner.

No one informed you that unborn children are humans?

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Don't be silly, they're beer glass coasters before they become humans.

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Don't be silly, they're beer glass coasters before they become humans.

Maybe lib women are biologically different and do not always give birth to human babies.

Adelaide
12-04-2014, 01:40 PM
So you let others design your morals for you?

This is one of the baby-in-a-blender crowd's moral leaps of faith I mentioned earlier.

There are more just like this.

No - my morals tell me I'll never choose for myself to have an abortion. I'm not going to force my personal morals on anyone. I will allow those who have the best understanding of medical ethics and the science behind pregnancy to determine for the masses what is or isn't ethical. The government should play zero role. If physicians want to get together and decide they're all against it and change their oaths/ethics to mean none can perform abortion, then that's the point where abortion can/will be unavailable.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 01:48 PM
No - my morals tell me I'll never choose for myself to have an abortion. I'm not going to force my personal morals on anyone. I will allow those who have the best understanding of medical ethics and the science behind pregnancy to determine for the masses what is or isn't ethical. The government should play zero role. If physicians want to get together and decide they're all against it and change their oaths/ethics to mean none can perform abortion, then that's the point where abortion can/will be unavailable.

Who said anything about the government playing a role.

So you wouldn't have someone dictate your morals but it's ok for them to dictate the morals of the masses?

Is the sidewalk a little slippy for you?

Adelaide
12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Who said anything about the government playing a role.

So you wouldn't have someone dictate your morals but it's ok for them to dictate the morals of the masses?

Is the sidewalk a little slippy for you?

Nobody is forcing anyone to have an abortion. Allowing experts to determine when to make something unavailable is common sense. In the meantime, women have choices. Doesn't mean I have to agree with getting an abortion but I'm not an expert and my personal beliefs aren't relevant. I'm not going to be the asshole that judges women and tells them what to do.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Nobody is forcing anyone to have an abortion. Allowing experts to determine when to make something unavailable is common sense. In the meantime, women have choices. Doesn't mean I have to agree with getting an abortion but I'm not an expert and my personal beliefs aren't relevant. I'm not going to be the asshole that judges women and tells them what to do.

You sell yourself a little short maybe.

Who said anything about judging women?

Personally, I don't think it's an issue of "choice" or judging women, it's an issue about an innocent, defenseless life. That part gets lost in the mix, by design I believe.

Green Arrow
12-04-2014, 04:15 PM
I see no problem with abortion, if the child will be born retarded or disabled.

Alyosha
12-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I think after day 40 (post coitus) it's a unique individual with a soul, but granted I'm wayyyy too big into Jewish mysticism and all things ancient.

Peter1469
12-04-2014, 05:40 PM
I think after day 40 (post coitus) it's a unique individual with a soul, but granted I'm wayyyy too big into Jewish mysticism and all things ancient.

That is the important issue.

donttread
12-04-2014, 06:06 PM

Basically, we have raised a sexually irresponsible generation because we were ourselves a sexually irresponsible generation.
It boggles my mind that with all our technology, knowledge and education we still cannot seem to routinely preform the relatively simple action of having sex without conception. If I'm not mistaken nearly half of all conceptions are unwanted. This is even more troubling when you consider the fact that if you are not protecting against pregnancy , you're not protecting against disease transmission. Our kids were told that we didn't know exactly when "old enough was" but that if they couldn't be responsible enough to employ protection no age was old enough. While I believe in condom distribution programs I would not have accepted the lack of such a program as an excuse from one of my kids .
Did I practice unprotected sex back in the day? Yes, more often than not and once in a while with strangers. I was lucky and never fathered a child out of wed lock , but Luck" not responsibility was the main factor. I caught the clap a couple of times ( back street drunk) but nothing a cold shot of penicillin couldn't fix.
Flash forward 30-35 years and things don't seem to have changed much , despite the threat of much more serious STD's
I'm not certain what the answer is but it's one area where pro and anti abortionist could work together to try to find solutions.
Children need stable homes

donttread
12-04-2014, 06:16 PM

Not a fan of the cutsey terms "pro life" and "pro choice". Generically almost everyone is both. Don't hide from the issue or your stand on that issue ( I mean you in the global sense here"
The issue is abortion and should it be legal or not.
I say yes, but not late term, no abortion of viable fetuses.

Bob
12-04-2014, 06:44 PM
I never really bought in to the comparison. But yes, I do believe in Capital punishment. I think it should be reserved for particularly heinous offences and requiring even higher level of prove that conviction requires.
But there are those among us so broken as to serve no purpose , have no redeemable qualities, take resources away from rehabilitatable convicts and occasionally get out and kill again.

The comparison is that both are exterminated by humans. Both die with a doctor attending.

Some see convicts as "ought to be" immune from being put to death.

Some of us see the baby as much more eligible to not be put to death.

Bob
12-04-2014, 06:49 PM

Let me tie those innocents to our military troops where hundreds of thousands perish due to human orders. There is no claim troops commit crimes but the simple fact is some suffered horrible deaths.

I am amazed they find virtue in the killer of innocent humans existence yet no virtue in the aborted child's life. Let's hope the troops fare better than the criminals or babies.

Bob
12-04-2014, 07:00 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mac-7 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=864538#post864538)

Aborted children must take it for the team. Right?

Bob
12-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I see no problem with abortion, if the child will be born retarded or disabled.

So, it is correct for Gov. Rick Perry to not save a convicted inmate because he is retarded or maybe disabled?????

I see women taking a test and getting results. Said results show she has a "what " inside her? What sort of disability qualifies a child for death. If the child takes a test at age 3, would it be right to simply kill the said child for your reasons?
My mystery is so many see the helpless unborn as not human. Clearly they are human or the mother would not be concerned. She wants to kill her own child.

How so many see the child as qualified to be put to death while trying to save the convicted killer puzzles me.

Bob
12-04-2014, 07:21 PM

Why is the killer's life worth more than the innocent child?

That is not logical. Those supporting child killing really are not logical.

For instance, say the baby is born. Mom gets annoyed the child was born with downs syndrome. Kid never will talk. (I am speaking of a real boy i see at church)

Boy barks in church. Holds tight to father and stares relentlessly into dad's face. Generally quiet but still the problem is severe.

I think those approving abortion can easily approve the killing of this boy.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Post coitus?

Oi vey...

Bob
12-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Basically, we have raised a sexually irresponsible generation because we were ourselves a sexually irresponsible generation.
It boggles my mind that with all our technology, knowledge and education we still cannot seem to routinely preform the relatively simple action of having sex without conception. If I'm not mistaken nearly half of all conceptions are unwanted. This is even more troubling when you consider the fact that if you are not protecting against pregnancy , you're not protecting against disease transmission. Our kids were told that we didn't know exactly when "old enough was" but that if they couldn't be responsible enough to employ protection no age was old enough. While I believe in condom distribution programs I would not have accepted the lack of such a program as an excuse from one of my kids .
Did I practice unprotected sex back in the day? Yes, more often than not and once in a while with strangers. I was lucky and never fathered a child out of wed lock , but Luck" not responsibility was the main factor. I caught the clap a couple of times ( back street drunk) but nothing a cold shot of penicillin couldn't fix.
Flash forward 30-35 years and things don't seem to have changed much , despite the threat of much more serious STD's
I'm not certain what the answer is but it's one area where pro and anti abortionist could work together to try to find solutions.

I am older than that so was raised to believe one marries first. I raised my children to also marry first.

In general, I like your reply.

Chloe
12-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Why is the killer's life worth more than the innocent child?

That is not logical. Those supporting child killing really are not logical.

For instance, say the baby is born. Mom gets annoyed the child was born with downs syndrome. Kid never will talk. (I am speaking of a real boy i see at church)

Boy barks in church. Holds tight to father and stares relentlessly into dad's face. Generally quiet but still the problem is severe.

I think those approving abortion can easily approve the killing of this boy.

ugh

GrassrootsConservative
12-04-2014, 08:04 PM
:facepalm:

Green Arrow
12-04-2014, 08:57 PM
So, it is correct for Gov. Rick Perry to not save a convicted inmate because he is retarded or maybe disabled?????

No. That person is already born, that genie has already been released from its bottle.

I don't think an innocent disabled or retarded child should be killed either. The key here is once they are born it's too late.

Mac-7
12-05-2014, 07:05 AM
As a conservative I must admit there is a silver lining to abortion.

It is primarily a practice of libs killing libs.

Captain Obvious
12-05-2014, 07:13 AM
As a conservative

Self proclaimed.

CINO

Mac-7
12-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Self proclaimed.

CINO

Many libs are ashamed to admit they are libs.

But I'm not afraid to label myself.

Captain Obvious
12-05-2014, 07:22 AM

"Label" - great way to put it.

It's the label that is important to you, the actual content is irrelevant.

kilgram
12-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Unborn children ar not human, yet. No one informed that?

The Christian belief that from conception is human, is utterly wrong. Period.

It is unscientific,...

And seriously, are you going to criminalize the abortion? Becoming a third world country, forcing people to abort in terrible conditons and dangering even more the health of the people.

Nice, vision.

Mac-7
12-05-2014, 07:51 AM

It is unscientific,...

And seriously, are you going to criminalize the abortion? Becoming a third world country, forcing people to abort in terrible conditons and dangering even more the health of the people.

Nice, vision.

You are the one who is unscientific.

Unborn children have the same human DNA they will have as adults.

As for criminalizing murder that has already been done.

Captain Obvious
12-05-2014, 08:00 AM

It is unscientific,...

Nice, vision.

The concept that life begins at some magical point between conception and birth is a fucking joke, nobody would be discussing this as an issue if it weren't for abortion as the driving force.

If conception generated something other than a human baby for even a marginal percentage of the time then you people would have an argument.

You take my test yet? No liberal has successfully passed it, mostly because they're all cowards.

What happens virtually 100% of the time when human sperm meets human egg, what is always produced?

a) A shoe
b) A turtle
c) A human baby
d) Paperback Writer 's Lonnie Donegan 10 CD boxed collectors edition

Take your time.

Adelaide
12-05-2014, 10:12 AM

More promiscuous, perhaps, but not irresponsible. Abortion rates have been going town steadily. Young men and women are taking more precautions than ever and more precautionary measures are available and becoming available.

Adelaide
12-05-2014, 10:13 AM

Or everyone else, apparently.

Mac-7
12-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Or everyone else, apparently.

If it walks like a duck...

Captain Obvious
12-05-2014, 12:03 PM
If it walks like a duck...

Then it's probably a duck unless it's wearing the GOP logo - then it's the candidate you're voting for.

quack quack...