PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid Backing the CRomnibus Bill

hanger4
12-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Is this a sign of a civil war between the White House and Democrats on Capitol Hill, or is it a trap for Republicans? The lame-duck session may go better for the GOP than they dared hope after Harry Reid appeared to endorse their budget plans last night. John Boehner has pushed the so-called “CRomnibus,” a full budget for FY2015 for everything but the Department of Homeland Security, which will then have to get funded early in the next session of Congress when Republicans control both the House and Senate. Reid called the plan “a big accomplishment,” even while the White House strenuously opposes the idea.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/03/reid-backing-the-cromnibus/

The proposal, which Boehner relayed to his conference in a closed-door meeting on Tuesday, ties 11 appropriations bills funding most of the government through September to a separate, shorter-term continuing resolution (CR) funding the Homeland Security Department through March.
The short-term funding for Homeland Security is intended to respond to pressure from Republicans outraged over President Obama’s executive actions granting legal status to up to
5 million illegal immigrants.

http://thehill.com/news/225805-reid-backs-boehner-on-deal-to-avoid-shutdown

Is this a major split from Obama ??

Peter1469
12-03-2014, 06:02 PM
The dems don't want to take the chance that the people will blame a shut down on them. Even with the MSM in the president's corner.

hanger4
12-03-2014, 06:26 PM
The dems don't want to take the chance that the people will blame a shut down on them. Even with the MSM in the president's corner.

Agreed. Also could be the begining of

hanger4
12-03-2014, 06:28 PM

Agreed. Also could be the begining of a two year distanceing of the Dem party from a toxic Obama.

Peter1469
12-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Right. He destroyed them in Nov.

ace's n 8's
12-03-2014, 06:58 PM
The dems don't want to take the chance that the people will blame a shut down on them. Even with the MSM in the president's corner.I can accept your theory here,,I beleive there could be something else just waiting in the shadows.

I only say that because Ried was so anxious.

texan
12-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Right. He destroyed them in Nov.

there is no question that his strategies have riuned their recent progress. NOT to mention they are ruthless in threating anyone that opposes them. I would assume that Harry and crew are not gonna fall on their swords any longer specifically because the WH says they have to..........Just wait, they are tired of his henchman and they will speak out coming to a theater near you.