PDA

View Full Version : Jim Webb says what is wrong with his party

Peter1469
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Jim Webb says what is wrong with his party (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/jim-webb-says-democratic-party-has-lost-its-way/2014/12/03/d973e490-7aff-11e4-84d4-7c896b90abdc_story.html?hpid=z3)

I said this a couple of years ago here or elsewhere: the democratic party is a loose coalition of victims groups.

Former senator and potential presidential candidate Jim Webb told an audience in Richmond on Tuesday that the Democratic Party has lost white working-class voters by becoming “a party of interest groups.”

“The Democratic Party has lost the message that made it such a great party for so many years, and that message was — take care of working people, take care of the people who have no voice in the corridors of power, no matter their race, ethnicity or any other reason,” Webb (D) said. “The Democratic Party has basically turned into a party of interest groups.”

PolWatch
12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
both parties are a loose group of special interests...or victims. The repub are victims of a war on Christmas & morality and left are victims of the war on women & minorities...if they can't come up with a positive reason to get our vote, they hope to get the sympathy vote.

Peter1469
12-03-2014, 08:14 PM
No the Dems are actually nothing but victim groups that have little in common other than hatred of what they think the right is and victim-hood of ____ (fill in the blank). Probably close to a hundred groups.

The GOP has groups, but not many. Neocons (just libs who like to invade other countries); the Religious Right; the Blue Bloods; the fiscal conservatives; and the palo-conservatives.

PolWatch
12-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I just hear so much whining from all of them, that it's just a steady drone....they all remind me of a backseat full of 4 year olds..Mama! he's picking on me...make him quit looking at me! blah, blah, blah

Green Arrow
12-03-2014, 08:58 PM
He's completely right.

Mac-7
12-04-2014, 02:54 AM
both parties are a loose group of special interests...or victims. The repub are victims of a war on Christmas & morality and left are victims of the war on women & minorities...if they can't come up with a positive reason to get our vote, they hope to get the sympathy vote.

You cannot be more misinformed.

Republicans are hated by the left because they don't support the growth of the welfare state.

That is exactly opposite of the special interest politics practiced by the dems.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Of course - there has to be a victim for there to be a "savior".

It's all part of the scheme, religious scholars locked onto this centuries ago.