PDA

View Full Version : Protests Erupt in Egypt After Mubarak Sentenced to Life in Prison

Conley
06-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Angry crowds have gathered in Cairo's Tahrir Square, hours after ex-President Hosni Mubarak was jailed for life for his part in the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 revolution.

The crowds are furious at the acquittal of key security officials who were on trial alongside Mubarak.

Four interior ministry officials and two local security chiefs were cleared of complicity in protesters' killings.

Rallies against the verdict were also held in Alexandria, Suez and Mansoura.

Correspondents say a verdict that was meant to bring closure for Egypt is in danger of reopening old wounds.

Verdict 'mocks us'

Some protesters at Tahrir Square, the focal point of last year's uprising, say they are determined to begin a sit-in.

They have been joined by prominent public figures and football fans known as Ultras, who have been implicated in a number of political confrontations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18311960

Looks like the situation is deteriorating over there. Can't believe they let those other guys off without anything, but I don't know the details of their cases. Sure doesn't sound like the crowd is happy. The tanks and troops Sultan mentioned were needed just as many predicted with this verdict.

MMC
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Plus Mubarak's sons were found not guilty with their cases. Wonder how much of that is the problem?

Conley
06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Plus Mubarak's sons were found not guilty with their cases. Wonder how much of that is the problem?

That's a big part of it I'm sure. I'll be Sultan will chime in here and let us know. They are going after Mubarak's last PM who is running for President too, says they stormed his office. I think it's going to get bloody. :sad:

MMC
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
That's a big part of it I'm sure. I'll be Sultan will chime in here and let us know. They are going after Mubarak's last PM who is running for President too, says they stormed his office. I think it's going to get bloody. :sad:

Do you think you will get an accurate assessment? I mean he did say Fox was responsible for the bias coverage coming out of there.

moon
06-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Sultan has already predicted that there will be violence. The vestiges of the Mubarak regime- that is the corrupt regime fed by the US of AIPAC/Zionists for those who aren't aware of that dark period of Egyptian history- are believed to have influenced the decisions of the judiciary towards soft treatment of those whom the Egyptian public KNOW to be guilty. It isn't a matter of guesswork. The Muslim Brotherhood, in the other corner, have publicly vowed to redress these perceived injustices. You can imagine the lengths that the corrupted bloc will go to in order to prevent THAT !

Peter1469
06-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Sultan has already predicted that there will be violence. The vestiges of the Mubarak regime- that is the corrupt regime fed by the US of AIPAC/Zionists for those who aren't aware of that dark period of Egyptian history- are believed to have influenced the decisions of the judiciary towards soft treatment of those whom the Egyptian public KNOW to be guilty. It isn't a matter of guesswork. The Muslim Brotherhood, in the other corner, have publicly vowed to redress these perceived injustices. You can imagine the lengths that the corrupted bloc will go to in order to prevent THAT !

So you think that the Muslim Brotherhood would be better for Egypt? I don't think that the Egyptian military would agree- they will be the organization that would suffer greatly should a MB dominated government attack Israel. We will see another military coup first.

Sultan
06-03-2012, 07:28 AM
The accurate assessment was seen in Tahrir last night.
My prediction was right.

A vote for Shafik is a vote to bring back Mubarak regime. Surprisingly it was the Copts who have for years blamed Mubarak now suddenly support him. Is that making any sense to you because it makes no sense to most Egyptians.

They could have voted Sabahi who is non Islamist non regime but they chose regime again. IF they had all voted non Islamist and non regime then the Sabahi would have won outright but they didn't so we have to ask ourselves what is going on? Saweiris has huge influence over Christians here and was a big tycoon friend of Mubarak and he is also Coptic Christian as was the Finance Minister.

But enough of that for now.

The prosecution had little evidence to work on. Thats because the MOI burned most of it. You will remember those fires.
It is very hard to convict single officers and link them to each bullet and in my opinion that is good because I would not like to see an innocent man being hanged. However much we all hate police here. Proving who shot the bullets is the hard task.

The second point is IF Mubarak and Adley his MOI are guilty ONLY of not stopping killings and that was what they were found guilty of. Then who is getting the blame for the dead? the killings? The other 4 were acquitted. One is my local general and notorious torturer. Question is why were they acquitted? they were all on duty and just the same as Mubarak and Adley could have stopped the killings but they didn't.
This means that if they were acquitted it leaves according to the experts in law a clear path now for Mubarak and Adley to win an appeal since the others just as guilty were acquitted.
So

IF Shafik wins then Mubarak and Adley will be pardoned. See how it is all playing out.......

The Hussein Salem ruling was wrong because the courts here already were fighting the gas deal recently so the date of limitations was not 10 years ago. The deal was just signed in 2005.

Mubarak brothers are now charged with stock market fraud and I am sure that was a move to appease the people temporarily. What would happen is we see them back in jail then freed under Shafik.

Our only hope is 3 things.

1. Vote Morsi and he will open retrial and investigate ALL the evidence and bring many more charges. We are talking about a regime of crimes for 30 years not 7 days. Remember what Judge Rifaat said yesterday in his opening statement which spoke for every Egyptian who endured living under Mubarak rule. Great speech that was. Listen to that and then you get a small sense of what life was like. Morsi will purge the system and they like Erdogan and like his ways and we could follow Turkish kind of model. The problem there is the Saudi backed wahabis are getting stronger using petrodollars from Gulf and are extremists and it is they who have been dominating the parliament with the crazy laws and the MB have been getting the blame for that.

2. Presidential Council formation with El B, Fotouh, Sabahi, Ali, and all the moderates and activists and revolutionaries and intellectuals. Morsi is afraid that because we have so little time to organise that we need to vote him in as president to ensure Shafik does not return and then he will elect that council BUT he has to name that first in writing and that is what they are at present discussing

3. Army will rise up and it's new leader will get rid of SCAFs Tantawy. Another military coup.
This would be the last resort I would like.

I would like to see a very swift Presidential Council made and elections cancelled.

I would also like to see the disenfranchisement law against Shafik upheld and we will know next week if it is and then the race will be betweem Morsi and Sabahi and in that case I would think Sabahi will win.

Morsi or Sabahi winning to me is okay.

We MUST NOT allow Shafik and his suppporters to win or we go right back to Omar Suleiman days and the dungeons and torture because Shafik stated live on TV. He will execute any opposition to his presidency!!!!!!!
Same old regime back in town!

As for violence.

You can bet there will be civil war in Egypt and maybe that is even the plan.

If Shafik wins then for sure you will see civil war, sectarian war. The Christians will be seen as traitors and supporters of Mubarak regime and it's return. That will be bloody make no mistake.

moon
06-03-2012, 07:35 AM
We MUST NOT allow Shafik and his suppporters to win or we go right back to Omar Suleiman days and the dungeons and torture because Shafik stated live on TV. He will execute any opposition to his presidency!!!!!!!

Right. The Zionist conquest will prevail. That would be a very bad thing for the world in general.

moon
06-03-2012, 07:40 AM
So you think that the Muslim Brotherhood would be better for Egypt? I don't think that the Egyptian military would agree- they will be the organization that would suffer greatly should a MB dominated government attack Israel. We will see another military coup first.

Of course. A brotherhood of muslims is Egypt's natural character.

The military have been weaned on US of AIPAC dollars. I'm not saying that it will be easy for the Mos.Bros. to find a substitute for this bribery- but I feel sure that they'll succeed. Beneath the surface, Egypt's military are muslim.
Egypt's squabble with Israel is Palestine. When Israel complies with international law that squabble will recede. Meanwhile, diplomatic pressure upon the neozionists is set to increase. There is no necessity for any armed conflict in the near future. The whole world wants law and justice. Well, with the exception of those to whom the law is an existential threat.

MMC
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Pretty much tells you they don't know Shit when comes to the Amercians with the real money. First this one cries about the US being controlled by AIPAC. :rollseyes: Which he still cannot produce anything to show that AIPAC controls anything. Also he had nothing to say about that debt of gratitude that Egypt owes the US for allowing Egypt to remain a country and making sure Egyptians were not scattered to the Four Winds. Or wiped completely off the face of the Earth.

The other blames Fox News for what propaganda is being feed to the American People. Mubarak's sons were found not guilty. This is a big part of the problem.

To riot over the fact that they will not outright kill Mubarak is what has the MB all up in arms. As they want some payback for what Mubarak has done to them.

But I think you are right about the upcoming Military Coup Pete. Another Egyptian I know thinks this is what is going to happen as well.

Personally I am getting tired of the Arabs always talking shit about Israel but then thats all they ever do is talk. They will never make the move against Israel. Most of them have no backbone when they have to fight others that know how to fight back.

You know they talk about how they have been fighting for hundreds of years. Good thing they don't have to put up with what we do with drive-bys by gang-bangers, and all the crap associated with Gang organizations. They wouldn't know how to react or what to do. Other than what they do now. Cry to the world and always have someone else go in and do the fighting for them.

Sultan
06-03-2012, 07:49 AM

Israel needs to start respecting International Laws and UN resolutions.
The USA needs to stop feeding this parasite.

If the MB take control we will probably see a country more on the lines of Turkey.

Do you think for one second anyone (apart from the US of course) is going to invest in another Mubarak regime headed by Shafik who by the way is currently facing 35 charges of corruption?
A country famous and heading the league of most corrupt countries?
A country whose stock market is in the hands of a handful of Mubarak investors?

We could very well see another coup because quite a few of the activism groups are actually US aided and headed by dual nationals who live most of the time in USA and who do not work in Egypt. Read up on a few of them and see.
They are actively calling for that to happen. To bring down SCAF.

The honeymoon between SCAF and MB is over BUT if elected I would think that quite quickly we will recover from these dark decades as long as we remove all it's remnants. Our people love our army. Thats not up for debate. The army however is not SCAF.
I feel that SCAF has done many things wrong but I still support them.
They are the ones who after Camp David had to find work for all the soldiers the USA forced us to make unemployed in the army.
Our army was drastically reduced and Camp David also dicatated what we could manufacture. What do you think the aid bribe was all about?

Instead of research and development our army had to be neutralized and weak and they had to find jobs for these young soldiers. They opened factories and make bread and fruits and steel pots and pans and cotton and resorts in Red Sea etc.

There is a lot you dont know about the reality.

The army is resonsible for making a huge amount of bread for the poor. About 10 minutes drive from me there is a huge base that has the poor line up twice a day to buy bread at very cheap prices compared to me. The poor go to army stores to buy their cheap army manufactured subsidized rice and oil and pasta and cotton bedsheets and clothing.

Whilst Mubarak gang filled their Swiss bank accounts and build their villas on 5 piastre a mtre illegal stolen lands and tortured and killed our people if they objected by their police and by the way the army HATE the police and MOI. The army and the Muslim Brotherhood between them fed the people and clothed them and paid for their medicines and operations and cancer treatments. Mubarak left them to die in the slums he created.

I would not be so quick to say much bad about the army or the MB knowing the facts.

The army yesterday also stripped Mubarak of his military rank and medals!!

Nothing could have felt worse to him yesterday as he cried his eyes out and refused to exit the helicopter to Tora Prison which is a luxury penthouse compared to the slums he forced our poorest to live in.

Sultan
06-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Pretty much tells you they don't know Shit when comes to the Amercians with the real money. First this one cries about the US being controlled by AIPAC. :rollseyes: Which he still cannot produce anything to show that AIPAC controls anything. Also he had nothing to say about that debt of gratitude that Egypt owes the US for allowing Egypt to remain a country and making sure Egyptians were not scattered to the Four Winds. Or wiped completely off the face of the Earth.

The other blames Fox News for what propaganda is being feed to the American People. Mubarak's sons were found not guilty. This is a big part of the problem.

To riot over the fact that they will not outright kill Mubarak is what has the MB all up in arms. As they want some payback for what Mubarak has done to them.

But I think you are right about the upcoming Military Coup Pete. Another Egyptian I know thinks this is what is going to happen as well.

Personally I am getting tired of the Arabs always talking shit about Israel but then thats all they ever do is talk. They will never make the move against Israel. Most of them have no backbone when they have to fight others that know how to fight back.

You know they talk about how they have been fighting for hundreds of years. Good thing they don't have to put up with what we do with drive-bys by gang-bangers, and all the crap associated with Gang organizations. They wouldn't know how to react or what to do. Other than what they do now. Cry to the world and always have someone else go in and do the fighting for them.

That post tells me all I really need to know now.

From now on you are on ignore as there is no point in any debate with anyone so completely unaware of facts and so aggressive in tone here. Also cursing whilst maybe acceptable to you and your culture is something I find offensive and immature. We say that that language is the language of the fellahin. The peasants in the fields who have no vocabulary or education.

MMC
06-03-2012, 08:14 AM
That post tells me all I really need to know now.

From now on you are on ignore as there is no point in any debate with anyone so completely unaware of facts and so aggressive in tone here. Also cursing whilst maybe acceptable to you and your culture is something I find offensive and immature. We say that that language is the language of the fellahin. The peasants in the fields who have no vocabulary or education.

I am sure you do.....notice how much the rest of the World listens to any of those sayings. :rollseyes: When one is not from a Warrior Class then one only would know the language of the Sheep. Oh, how much money is Mubaraks kids going to be able to get away with?

So they why is the MB meeting with Fotouh? You know the one they kicked out. The one that wanted to adopt a more moderate platform. Which the MB would not accept. The one that was looking for the money assistance from Sarkosy. Or did you forget that part to?

moon
06-03-2012, 08:15 AM
They will never make the move against Israel. Most of them have no backbone when they have to fight others that know how to fight back.

They certainly put paid to that particular theory in 1973- the only time that the Arabs have ever started a war with Israel. They would have won it too, if they had not sent in their armor too early after their - unexpected- anti-aircraft missiles had decimated the IAF. You can be sure that history teaches lessons.

Sultan
06-03-2012, 08:26 AM
One comment on Shafik presser he is holding on TV

"To the taxi drivers it's like a felool fruit machine jackpot!" DING DING DING.....

Shafik promises to cancel the car debt on all white cab drivers

amazing!!!! bribery is alive and well at his presser in Marriot Hotel this afternoon

Sultan
06-03-2012, 08:31 AM
"The Muslim Brotherhood is the old regime"

another gem from Shafik presser :moron:

Sultan
06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Egypt will witness holocaust if this lunatic is elected!

MMC
06-03-2012, 08:35 AM
They certainly put paid to that particular theory in 1973- the only time that the Arabs have ever started a war with Israel. They would have won it too, if they had not sent in their armor too early after their - unexpected- anti-aircraft missiles had decimated the IAF. You can be sure that history teaches lessons.

One thing is certainly clear. The military has been running Egypt since 52. They got saved by the US in 56. As you damn well know that Britian, France, and Israel were going to invade. Again.....who was it that stopped that invasion? You also know there would have been no Way for Egypt to stand or win (IF) it would have taken place.

Yes admitting to mistakes made militarily and using that little word with a Mighty Big Definition will help to change history. One would have thought over 2000yrs of History that something may be learned.

Sultan
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Oh the White House must have written and faxed him his presser speech today

"The capital of Egypt is Cairo. NOT Palestine!"

:kissass:

Sultan
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Ooops

now he realised he should not have read that part above :grin:

"from the heart of our capital we will work on establishing an independent Palestinian state"

ah that's better

30 years and you did nothing when in power.

what changed Mr Shafik!

Sultan
06-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Nihal Said was attacked and groped by men in Tahrir last night. She is thanking the men from the MB group who heard her screams for help and went to rescue her and a Danish reporter and Spanish lady who the men were calling 'Israeli spies'.

The men were captured and found to be carrying state security i'd's.

In Egypt every adult must carry ID.

This is the same tactics the regime used in Tahrir earlier and during revolution.

The same men who were doing the same thing when Shafik was Mubaraks PM last year

Sultan
06-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Revolution poster in Cairo slum area warning that Mubarak will be President 2012 if you vote Shafik

https://p.twimg.com/AueAKVeCMAADC0_.jpg

Comment on Shafik presser

" dont vote for MB they will turn into old NDP! vote for me I am the real genuine NDP kaza kaza kaza......."

NDP was Mubaraks old party command and control centre

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Burnt-out_NDP_HQ.jpg/640px-Burnt-out_NDP_HQ.jpg

Peter1469
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
The accurate assessment was seen in Tahrir last night.
My prediction was right.

A vote for Shafik is a vote to bring back Mubarak regime. Surprisingly it was the Copts who have for years blamed Mubarak now suddenly support him. Is that making any sense to you because it makes no sense to most Egyptians.

They could have voted Sabahi who is non Islamist non regime but they chose regime again. IF they had all voted non Islamist and non regime then the Sabahi would have won outright but they didn't so we have to ask ourselves what is going on? Saweiris has huge influence over Christians here and was a big tycoon friend of Mubarak and he is also Coptic Christian as was the Finance Minister.

But enough of that for now.

The prosecution had little evidence to work on. Thats because the MOI burned most of it. You will remember those fires.
It is very hard to convict single officers and link them to each bullet and in my opinion that is good because I would not like to see an innocent man being hanged. However much we all hate police here. Proving who shot the bullets is the hard task.

The second point is IF Mubarak and Adley his MOI are guilty ONLY of not stopping killings and that was what they were found guilty of. Then who is getting the blame for the dead? the killings? The other 4 were acquitted. One is my local general and notorious torturer. Question is why were they acquitted? they were all on duty and just the same as Mubarak and Adley could have stopped the killings but they didn't.
This means that if they were acquitted it leaves according to the experts in law a clear path now for Mubarak and Adley to win an appeal since the others just as guilty were acquitted.
So

IF Shafik wins then Mubarak and Adley will be pardoned. See how it is all playing out.......

The Hussein Salem ruling was wrong because the courts here already were fighting the gas deal recently so the date of limitations was not 10 years ago. The deal was just signed in 2005.

Mubarak brothers are now charged with stock market fraud and I am sure that was a move to appease the people temporarily. What would happen is we see them back in jail then freed under Shafik.

Our only hope is 3 things.

1. Vote Morsi and he will open retrial and investigate ALL the evidence and bring many more charges. We are talking about a regime of crimes for 30 years not 7 days. Remember what Judge Rifaat said yesterday in his opening statement which spoke for every Egyptian who endured living under Mubarak rule. Great speech that was. Listen to that and then you get a small sense of what life was like. Morsi will purge the system and they like Erdogan and like his ways and we could follow Turkish kind of model. The problem there is the Saudi backed wahabis are getting stronger using petrodollars from Gulf and are extremists and it is they who have been dominating the parliament with the crazy laws and the MB have been getting the blame for that.

2. Presidential Council formation with El B, Fotouh, Sabahi, Ali, and all the moderates and activists and revolutionaries and intellectuals. Morsi is afraid that because we have so little time to organise that we need to vote him in as president to ensure Shafik does not return and then he will elect that council BUT he has to name that first in writing and that is what they are at present discussing

3. Army will rise up and it's new leader will get rid of SCAFs Tantawy. Another military coup.
This would be the last resort I would like.

I would like to see a very swift Presidential Council made and elections cancelled.

I would also like to see the disenfranchisement law against Shafik upheld and we will know next week if it is and then the race will be betweem Morsi and Sabahi and in that case I would think Sabahi will win.

Morsi or Sabahi winning to me is okay.

Same old regime back in town!

As for violence.

You can bet there will be civil war in Egypt and maybe that is even the plan.

If Shafik wins then for sure you will see civil war, sectarian war. The Christians will be seen as traitors and supporters of Mubarak regime and it's return. That will be bloody make no mistake.

We never should have opposed Mubarak. A childish mistake.

Sultan
06-04-2012, 04:38 AM
We never should have opposed Mubarak. A childish mistake.

of course you should have supported him and his dictatorship

Isn't that what the USA does best

Sultan
06-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Tweet to CNN's Jim Clancy by Egyptian ex state TV broadcaster

shahiraamin13 ‏@sherryamin13 (https://twitter.com/#%21/sherryamin13) @clancycnn (https://twitter.com/#%21/clancycnn) Twitter saves lives. When I heard from reliable security source they wd send thugs to attack coptic protesters, i tweeted ..

(https://twitter.com/sherryamin13/status/209636283587375105)

4:22 PM - 4 Jun 12 via web ·

Sultan
06-09-2012, 12:42 PM
It's all explained here

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3694-Egyptian-TV-advert?p=85372#post85372

In the future if anyone mentions Lara Logan direct them to this thread!

and you can quote world famous author and Booker Prize winner

"According to writer Ahdaf Soeif since 2005 the police have routinely grabbed women protesters and torn "their clothes off and beat them, groping them at the same time. The idea was to insinuate that females who took part in street protests wanted to be groped." To protect against this, many female protesters wear "layers of light clothing, no buttons, drawstring pants double-knotted"

The same regime the Christians are wanting returned and who are voting for.

roadmaster
06-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Some of us are hoping Obama doesn't get four more years. All of you need to vote for whom you want. Here in America we don't decide who people vote for in Egypt. I can complain to you about the US but it won't do any good.

Peter1469
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
of course you should have supported him and his dictatorship

Isn't that what the USA does best

Mubarak stabilized the region. THAT benefits US national security interests much more than happy Egyptian citizens- especially when they want to vote for Islamists. So yes, Obama screwed the pooch by supporting the opposition to Mubarak. This will go down in history as a Carter-esque mistake (like 1979 Iran).

Sultan
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Mubarak stabilized the region. THAT benefits US national security interests much more than happy Egyptian citizens- especially when they want to vote for Islamists. So yes, Obama screwed the pooch by supporting the opposition to Mubarak. This will go down in history as a Carter-esque mistake (like 1979 Iran).

and 9/11 ?

Peter1469
06-09-2012, 03:18 PM
and 9/11 ?

I am not sure the link that you are failing to make.