PDA

View Full Version : Tax Deals for Disney, Koch Brothers Empire

Common
12-09-2014, 11:14 PM
This is what corporate america is a bunch of greedy swindling scumbags
I cant wait for all the conservative cheerleaders to blame obama and high taxs.
Dont bother everyone knows they pay mostly no taxs. Its GREED

New Leak Reveals Luxembourg Tax Deals for Disney, Koch Brothers Empire

A new leak of confidential documents (http://www.icij.org/project/luxembourg-leaks/explore-documents-luxembourg-leaks-database) expands the list of big companies seeking secret tax deals in Luxembourg, exposing tax-saving maneuvers by American entertainment icon The Walt Disney Co. (http://www.icij.org/project/luxembourg-leaks/explore-documents-luxembourg-leaks-database?icij_navigate=luxleaks&icij_navigate_luxleaks=/apps/2014/12/luxleaks/companies/the-walt-disney-company.html), politically controversial Koch Industries Inc. (http://www.icij.org/project/luxembourg-leaks/explore-documents-luxembourg-leaks-database?icij_navigate=luxleaks&icij_navigate_luxleaks=/apps/2014/12/luxleaks/companies/koch-industries.html) and 33 other companies.
Disney and Koch Industries, a U.S.-based energy and chemical conglomerate, both created tangles of interlocking corporations in Luxembourg that may have helped them slash the taxes they pay in the U.S. and Europe, according to the documents obtained by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (http://www.icij.org).
Widespread corporate use of tax maneuvers akin to these, in tax shelters the world over, are estimated to cost the U.S. treasury billions annually. They increase profits and benefit shareholders at the expense of the companies' home countries and other places where they do significant business.

Matty
12-09-2014, 11:23 PM
What will you replace the greedy corporations with?

hanger4
12-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Change the tax code Common These corps are legally doing what"s best for the corp. Reckon Disney got some inside info from their parent GE ?? Obama' friend.

Common
12-10-2014, 07:24 AM
They are scumbags manipulating the law which all other americans cant do.

The republicans are not allowed to change the law, their rich benefactors wont allow them too. They cant even vote to stop tax payer subsidies to super rich industries with NO competition at all. Your words are empty and void of any substance. They are just the sameOle right wing response to anything they know is wrong and dont want to admit to

Matty
12-10-2014, 07:28 AM

The republicans are not allowed to change the law, their rich benefactors wont allow them too. They cant even vote to stop tax payer subsidies to super rich industries with NO competition at all. Your words are empty and void of any substance. They are just the sameOle right wing response to anything they know is wrong and dont want to admit to
50% of Americans don't pay taxes either.

hanger4
12-10-2014, 07:40 AM

Oh stop with your 3d grade screed. Everytime someone says something you don't like or you have no rebuke to you start screaming "rightwing talking points, rightwing talking points". BTW Common those ebil corps give as much to dems as pubs yet it's all pubs fault. Your blind partisanship is only equaled by your ragging hypocrisy.

Common
12-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Hanger tis you that dribbles right wing talking points, thats all you have ever done, youve never had an original thought but im not going to argue with you, Im putting you back on ignore, to avoid youre sarcastic trolling which will result in arguments.

donttread
12-10-2014, 07:56 AM
What will you replace the greedy corporations with?

Local economies. Send your kids sliding all winter vs. one trip to giant mouse land

hanger4
12-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Hanger tis you that dribbles right wing talking points, thats all you have ever done, youve never had an original thought but im not going to argue with you, Im putting you back on ignore, to avoid youre sarcastic trolling which will result in arguments.

Arguments/debate are what this forum and others are all about. If you're looking for no more than validation of your beliefs then head on over to the Democratic Underground. BTW thanks for the ignore and rightwing memes, cause it proves my point. Ignoring those that disagree is no more than *It's my ball and we play by my rules or I'm going home*. Like I said "3rd grade".

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 08:24 AM
50% of Americans don't make enough money pay federal income taxes because those self same greedy corporations that pay little to no tax as well don't pay them enough to!

hanger4
12-10-2014, 08:38 AM
50% of Americans don't make enough money pay federal income taxes because those self same greedy corporations that pay little to no tax as well don't pay them enough to!

You do realize that those ebil corps pass on those taxes to their consumers ?? Right ??

PolWatch
12-10-2014, 08:42 AM
2 years ago Exxon reported the highest profits ever (helped along by not paying taxes)...how much a break on pricing did we reap from their good fortune? Letting let them reap profits without meeting the same obligations as the rest of us doesn't benefit anyone but them. The threat of causing prices to increase if they do pay their taxes is nothing more than corporate blackmail.

hanger4
12-10-2014, 09:47 AM
2 years ago Exxon reported the highest profits ever (helped along by not paying taxes)...how much a break on pricing did we reap from their good fortune? Letting let them reap profits without meeting the same obligations as the rest of us doesn't benefit anyone but them. The threat of causing prices to increase if they do pay their taxes is nothing more than corporate blackmail.
All do it PolWatch even your husband. It's one of the costs of doing business.

Common
12-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Thats because most of that 50% have either no income or dont make enough to live on.

hanger4
12-10-2014, 09:55 AM
BTW PolWatch here is a little insight on what some corps pay in taxes.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/01/08/companies-paying-the-most-taxes/

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Exxon paid $15 bil in taxes in 2010.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/news/1004/gallery.top_5_tax_bills/2.html

hanger4
12-10-2014, 10:02 AM

And 31bil in 2013.

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 10:06 AM
And 31bil in 2013.

I think some lib will complain that most of the money went to foreign countries where the oil was produced.

Which is true.

but that comes back to the issue of double taxation and whether that is a good or bad idea.

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 11:03 AM
You do realize that those evil corps pass on those taxes to their consumers ?? Right ??
When they get a tax break do they pass that on to consumers as well?

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Thats because most of that 50% have either no income or dont make enough to live on.

Not working often leads to no earned income.

But never fear, the wipe every nose welfare state cares about everyone, even if they are too,lazy to work.

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Washington post says that's not true

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-much-do-oil-companies-really-pay-in-taxes/2011/05/11/AF7UNutG_story.html

“We pay our fair share of taxes,” said Kenneth Cohen, Exxon Mobil’s vice president for public affairs, who in a conference call recently lumped more than $6 of sales, state and local taxes together with every $1 of federal income tax paid in 2010.

PolWatch
12-10-2014, 11:14 AM
It must be so great to have never faced a rough place in life...to have never had a catastrophic illness or been laid off from a job. How wonderful to have family & friends to bail you out of financial problems. When you look at the increases in Americans on food stamps to always know it's because they are all lazy. oh, for a life of unicorns & magic carpets!

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Washington post says that's not true

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-much-do-oil-companies-really-pay-in-taxes/2011/05/11/AF7UNutG_story.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Taxes are taxes.

What difference does it make to the person or company after it's gone who takes the money?

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 11:25 AM
It must be so great to have never faced a rough place in life...to have never had a catastrophic illness or been laid off from a job. How wonderful to have family & friends to bail you out of financial problems. When you look at the increases in Americans on food stamps to always know it's because they are all lazy. oh, for a life of unicorns & magic carpets!

Or think that your particular adversity makes you special and deserving of reward from someone else's efforts?

hanger4
12-10-2014, 11:29 AM
When they get a tax break do they pass that on to consumers as well?

If makes their product or service less expensive and they can increase market share, of course.

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Taxes are taxes.

What difference does it make to the person or company after it's gone who takes the money?
Most of the people cited as "not paying taxes" payed taxes that were not federal income taxes as well. How come you conservatives don't mention that?

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 11:38 AM
If makes their product or service less expensive and they can increase market share, of course.
I call bullshit. Name one example.

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Most of the people cited as "not paying taxes" payed taxes that were not federal income taxes as well. How come you conservatives don't mention that?

Because it always comes up in the context of federal spending and taxes.

Typically, "about 50% of citizens pay no federal income tax but demand more welfare benefits from the federal government"

"Oh yeah, well they pay state sales taxes so there!"

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Because it always comes up in the context of federal spending and taxes.

Typically, "about 50% of citizens pay no federal income tax but demand more welfare benefits from the federal government"

"Oh yeah, well they pay state sales taxes so there!"
But the oil companies get benefits in the form of tax breaks and deductions from the feds, which is pretty much welfare for them.

hanger4
12-10-2014, 12:24 PM
I call bull$#@!. Name one example.
What do you think would happen if all the tax breaks loopholes welfare as you call it was stopped/ended and the corp rate stayed the same ??

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 12:28 PM
But the oil companies get benefits in the form of tax breaks and deductions from the feds, which is pretty much welfare for them.

Tax breaks and deductions are not welfare. Subsidies are welfare. A tax break is keeping more of your own money from the robbers called "government".

I resent corporate subsidies, special favors, and bailouts, but a tax break I certainly begrudge no one. My hard earned dollars go to pay for wars I never wanted, a drug policy I resent, and other useless agencies. Anytime anyone can get out of paying taxes I applaud them.

Wish I could do the same.

Common
12-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Not working often leads to no earned income.

But never fear, the wipe every nose welfare state cares about everyone, even if they are too,lazy to work.

Look mac do you even realize how ridiculous yours and some of the other conservatives in this threads comments are. Seriously, youre trying to compare people that have NOTHING, too two corporations of many manipulating to not billions and billions in taxs while reaping all the benefits from americans.

You and others actually defend the actions of corporations and the richest americans, that have greedily destroyed the middleclass and has put far more people in the position they cant pay taxs. Then you come on forums an blame the same people that had everything taken off them by outsourcing, the people that work minimum wage jobs and cant afford rent and underemployed and yes the percentage of people that wont work. You blame them lol. It amazes me.

Lets get this right ok, most US corporations do not create jobs, they just sell their shit here. They create jobs in china ship it back here with NO DUTY and sell it to same people whos job they gave to a communist chinese.

They corporations that do stay here because they have too put their headquarters elsewhere so they dont have to pay any taxs.

THEN YOU AND OTHERS BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT ARE OUT OF WORK AND DEFEND REPUBLICANS DEMANDING TAX CUTS FOR THESE SAME CORPORATIONS WHILE CUTTING FOOD STAMPS AND SCHOOL LUNCHS AND GIVING BILLION DOLLAR SUBSIDIES TO BIG OIL

You far righters can talk on this forum till youre blue in the face and you couldnt prove to me that you got this right in 100 lifetimes.
Because you have been totally bullshitted by the rich via the republican party and youve bought it hook line sinker and you swallowed the boat too

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 12:56 PM
What do you think would happen if all the tax breaks loopholes welfare as you call it was stopped/ended and the corp rate stayed the same ??
In other words "No. I can't think of a single example".

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Tax breaks and deductions are not welfare. Subsidies are welfare. A tax break is keeping more of your own money from the robbers called "government".

I resent corporate subsidies, special favors, and bailouts, but a tax break I certainly begrudge no one. My hard earned dollar go to pay for wars I never wanted, a drug policy I resent, and other useless agencies. Anytime anyone can get out of paying taxes I applaud them.

My hard earned dollars go to the same things yours do, and if I have to pay them then why shouldn't everyone share the fun?

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 01:00 PM
My hard earned dollars go to the same things yours do, and if I have to pay them then why shouldn't everyone share the fun?

I'd rather we all share in the fun of a flat tax or sales tax, personally...or a non-involuntary tax like consumption taxes.

If they government had less money, we'd have less problems. Imagine them having a DOD budget that wasn't the sum total of all the world's militaries combined. We might not have troops all over the world. Imagine them not having billions to put to spy agencies or the drug war.

As long as we have this current tax system the government has a credit card to do all sorts of ugly, evil things.

Common
12-10-2014, 01:02 PM

I resent corporate subsidies, special favors, and bailouts, but a tax break I certainly begrudge no one. My hard earned dollars go to pay for wars I never wanted, a drug policy I resent, and other useless agencies. Anytime anyone can get out of paying taxes I applaud them.

I agree totally aloysha, except the republicans always harp they want tax cuts across the board that includes corporations that have sent most of their jobs overseas.

For example GE its huge and paid not one penny federal tax in 2012 on 15 billion claimed profit which means you can double that figure. Most of their production is done in china, right after they paid zer taxs, they sent their entire HUGE actually the biggest xray division to china, they idled thousands of americans who had decent paying jobs. These are the corporations they want to give tax cuts too.
Im for tax cuts for any corporation who is fully implanted in the United States and supports Americans via jobs. That means their headquarters are here and their entire operation. Not the little bit here and the rest of there crowd.

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I agree totally aloysha, except the republicans always harp they want tax cuts across the board that includes corporations that have sent most of their jobs overseas.

For example GE its huge and paid not one penny federal tax in 2012 on 15 billion claimed profit which means you can double that figure. Most of their production is done in china, right after they paid zer taxs, they sent their entire HUGE actually the biggest xray division to china, they idled thousands of americans who had decent paying jobs. These are the corporations they want to give tax cuts too.
Im for tax cuts for any corporation who is fully implanted in the United States and supports Americans via jobs. That means their headquarters are here and their entire operation. Not the little bit here and the rest of there crowd.

I would personally give all corporations a tax holiday like "Progressive New York State" has done, IF they will open offices/plants in the US and hire US citizens.

Then we would see money stay in the country and support people locally.

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM
I'd rather we all share in the fun of a flat tax or sales tax, personally...or a non-involuntary tax like consumption taxes.

If they government had less money, we'd have less problems. Imagine them having a DOD budget that wasn't the sum total of all the world's militaries combined. We might not have troops all over the world. Imagine them not having billions to put to spy agencies or the drug war.

As long as we have this current tax system the government has a credit card to do all sorts of ugly, evil things.

I'm not against any of that. I'm against preferential treatment for the largest, wealthiest, companies/people in the world just because they have the money to influence government.

I can get behind this idea 100%.

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm not against any of that. I'm against preferential treatment for the largest, wealthiest, companies/people in the world just because they have the money to influence government.

You and me both but they own both parties and have golden parachutes. Tax them and watch them move.

Now, call me up when you have torches and pitchforks, I'll be ready to roll with you.

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 01:18 PM
You and me both but they own both parties and have golden parachutes. Tax them and watch them move.

Now, call me up when you have torches and pitchforks, I'll be ready to roll with you.
Might be a while, I've been overtaxed so much paying GE's share that I can't afford to buy any.

silvereyes
12-10-2014, 01:19 PM

I will bring the battering ram. :)

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Might be a while, I've been overtaxed so much paying GE's share that I can't afford to buy any.

Then you better get that angry mob started then because if you wait for anyone in Washington to do shit you'll never be able to buy one.

hanger4
12-10-2014, 01:25 PM
In other words "No. I can't think of a single example".

Sure I did. If all the breaks and loopholes were ended the price of all crude oil products would increase. I'm sorry that example is beyond you comprehension.

Crepitus
12-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Sure I did. If all the breaks and loopholes were ended the price of all crude oil products would increase. I'm sorry that example is beyond you comprehension.
No you didn't. You said tax breaks would make prices go down. Can you cite a single example of this?

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 02:04 PM

Its their money.

If a robber takes most of your money but leaves you cab fare to get home is he giving you a subsidy?

I think not.

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 02:05 PM

That's a bad example. They make ass tons of money. They simply choose to choose prices that the market will bear, which happen to be "just high enough" not to be overly-regulated.

That said, all parties suck their collective dicks. If you follow the money, some of Obama's biggest backing came routed through appropriate legalities from BP, which could be by he didn't strong arm them over their bullshit spill.

Alyosha
12-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Its their money.

If a robber takes most of your money but leaves you cab fare to get home is he giving you a subsidy?

I think not.

The 880 billion dollar bailout of an industry that has caused inflation, and contributed almost wholly to the rising cost of living which devalues our dollar makes your example stupid.

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 02:12 PM
The 880 billion dollar bailout of an industry that has caused inflation, and contributed almost wholly to the rising cost of living which devalues our dollar makes your example stupid.

My examples are never stupid

Yours OTOH, appears to be straight out of lib la la land since it has nothing to do with my point.

hanger4
12-10-2014, 02:30 PM
That's a bad example. They make ass tons of money. They simply choose to choose prices that the market will bear, which happen to be "just high enough" not to be overly-regulated.

That said, all parties suck their collective dicks. If you follow the money, some of Obama's biggest backing came routed through appropriate legalities from BP, which could be by he didn't strong arm them over their bull$#@! spill.

A margin of around 8 cents on the dollar is not "ass tons of money. Just sayin.

donttread
12-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Then you better get that angry mob started then because if you wait for anyone in Washington to do shit you'll never be able to buy one.