PDA

View Full Version : Is the tax code the root of much evil?

donttread
12-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I prefer to call the tax code what is really is "The Control Code" much as I always use the term America because the very concept of what "United States" means is no longer practiced.
Anyway there are far more efficient, less expensive and timely ways to collect taxes in a manner that does not seek to control individuals fiscal behavior or favor the megacorps at everyone else's expense.

For example look at the upward transfer of wealth via the Stock Market since the advent of the 401 K's predessor the IRA. How much of the money everyman put into Wall Street because of the control code would have been otherwise been invested more locally? Small businesses for example?

Or why do we have corporate tax at all much less let the Donkephant distract us with their endless babbling about them? Who do you think pays the corporate tax in the long run? The whole process is nothing more than mental masturbation.

Or why for that matter should one couple be rewarded for having more children in an over populated world?

Why should being a home owner lower my tax bill but not lower my neighbors because he rents.?

Hell back in the late 80's I could literally deduct my credit card debt but NOT my college tuition! Look where that led.

The tax code is far more about control and favoring one industry over another than it is about collecting revenue.

Flat tax without loopholes , Fair tax, other consumption taxes would all efficiently collect revenues at a fraction of the current cost of doing so.

Bob
12-10-2014, 06:56 PM
FAIR TAX is the only way to go with a chance to pass into law.

No tax system is perfect. The system now in place is in my view evil.

Matty
12-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Taxes are punitive. Fair flat tax rate, no exceptions, no exemptions, no excuses. Now that is fair!

Chris
12-10-2014, 07:03 PM
http://i.snag.gy/LhBkS.jpg

Redrose
12-10-2014, 07:10 PM
I prefer to call the tax code what is really is "The Control Code" much as I always use the term America because the very concept of what "United States" means is no longer practiced.
Anyway there are far more efficient, less expensive and timely ways to collect taxes in a manner that does not seek to control individuals fiscal behavior or favor the megacorps at everyone else's expense.

For example look at the upward transfer of wealth via the Stock Market since the advent of the 401 K's predessor the IRA. How much of the money everyman put into Wall Street because of the control code would have been otherwise been invested more locally? Small businesses for example?

Or why do we have corporate tax at all much less let the Donkephant distract us with their endless babbling about them? Who do you think pays the corporate tax in the long run? The whole process is nothing more than mental masturbation.

Or why for that matter should one couple be rewarded for having more children in an over populated world?

Why should being a home owner lower my tax bill but not lower my neighbors because he rents.?

Hell back in the late 80's I could literally deduct my credit card debt but NOT my college tuition! Look where that led.

The tax code is far more about control and favoring one industry over another than it is about collecting revenue.

Flat tax without loopholes , Fair tax, other consumption taxes would all efficiently collect revenues at a fraction of the current cost of doing so.

When I worked for the IRS, we were in class 16 weeks each year to learn the new changes. That is sick.

Green Arrow
12-10-2014, 07:42 PM
No.

Mac-7
12-10-2014, 07:49 PM
The Fair Tax is a gimmick that sends a government check to every poor person in America.

Peter1469
12-10-2014, 08:01 PM
The Fair Tax is a gimmick that sends a government check to every poor person in America.

The income tax does for low income people as well. The earned income tax credit. I mean "earned."

Chris
12-10-2014, 08:03 PM

You mean the universal probate?