PDA

View Full Version : Hot button issues

donttread
12-13-2014, 05:45 PM
For me I can identify a few issues that I think , if properly addressed could restore America and re-birth the United States
1) Kill the megacorps . Without doing this we can never again have a government for the people
2) End drug prohibition and devote 99% of all related savings and tax revenues to prevention and treatment. Defund the gangs and cartels , decrease the murder, theft and prostitution , make our streets safer and possibly help to defund big pharma too . And oh yeah, save about half of what we pay out in taxes for law enforcement and prison.
3) Hold the federal government within it's Constitutional limitations at all cost
4) Repeal the 16th Amendment, end federal pork, and devise an effective, non-controlling, equitable, less expensive system of tax collection .
5) Adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy , bring our troops home, close Gitmo and clip the CIA's wings .
6) Ban the NSA, spy on Americans bullshit yesterday.
7) Become non-dependent on other countries and develop local economies.
Thoughts?

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 05:51 PM
It would be great to do.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 05:58 PM
For me I can identify a few issues that I think , if properly addressed could restore America and re-birth the United States
1) Kill the megacorps . Without doing this we can never again have a government for the people

Impossible. most are tied to the Government
2) End drug prohibition and devote 99% of all related savings and tax revenues to prevention and treatment. Defund the gangs and cartels , decrease the murder, theft and prostitution , make our streets safer and possibly help to defund big pharma too . And oh yeah, save about half of what we pay out in taxes for law enforcement and prison.

Impossible. most are tied to the Government
3) Hold the federal government within it's Constitutional limitations at all cost

HERE. . HERE..BUT..who will do the interpreting of the U.S. Copnstitution?
4) Repeal the 16th Amendment, end federal pork, and devise an effective, non-controlling, equitable, less expensive system of tax collection .

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY,,a equitable combination of flat tax and fair tax
5) Adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy , bring our troops home, close Gitmo and clip the CIA's wings .

We need to protect our foreign assets, I dont know what they are, but that is what we are doing
6) Ban the NSA, spy on Americans bull$#@! yesterday.

Damn straight skippy, and it can be done with a sound immigration policy

YES. YES. AND YES. We as a nation are forcing OPEC to drop the price of oil/barrel. I am not saying we should cut them out completely, we certainly can cut it down to 20%-25%.

Thoughts?

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 06:01 PM
6) Ban the NSA, spy on Americans bullshit yesterday.
Thoughts?

could we toss in something about campaign donation? Of course, if #1 works, we wouldn't need it. Other than that...have you ever considered running for national office an independent?

donttread
12-13-2014, 06:05 PM
None of it's impossible my friend. In fact it is only improbable as long as they can get you to believe it is impossible.
Using the one percent as a guide there are 297,000,000 of us and 3,000,000 of them. And almost none of the military falls into their minority

donttread
12-13-2014, 06:19 PM
could we toss in something about campaign donation? Of course, if #1 works, we wouldn't need it. Other than that...have you ever considered running for national office an independent?

I'd be better behind the scenes. But thanks. I agree on taking the money out of politics, even small businesses can form trade associations. I think what we really need to concentrate on is getting legit third party candidates in congress

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 06:24 PM
People who insist that third parties are useless need to look at the Green Party & Nader. While not elected, he was instrumental in bringing consumer and environmental issues to national attention and changing the positions of both major parties. I believe someone here also pointed out the changes that Perot had on national politics due to his candidacy.

Polecat
12-13-2014, 06:34 PM
I like most of your ideas. The drug issue I would handle differently. I don't support using the fortune that we are wasting currently on interdiction to waste on silly ass bureaucratic rehabilitation programs. I propose just striking these expenses from the budget altogether. Other than that I'm right there with you. Understand that this sort of overhaul would only come at the end of a rifle barrel. The ruling elite have spent centuries setting up their private empire and they are NOT going to cede to popular opinion.

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 06:44 PM
When people vigorously denounce 3rd parties in support of the establishment parties, I immediately suspect them. It is such an illogical position to take, I assume they are vested in the establishment.

donttread
12-13-2014, 07:49 PM
People who insist that third parties are useless need to look at the Green Party & Nader. While not elected, he was instrumental in bringing consumer and environmental issues to national attention and changing the positions of both major parties. I believe someone here also pointed out the changes that Perot had on national politics due to his candidacy.

I have called for a Paul/ Nader ticket which is not a ridiculous as it may sound

donttread
12-13-2014, 07:50 PM
When people vigorously denounce 3rd parties in support of the establishment parties, I immediately suspect them. It is such an illogical position to take, I assume they are vested in the establishment.

Or simply regurgitating what they been told by someone

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 07:58 PM

How are you going to kill the mega corps in china, Japan and South Korea?

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 08:00 PM
How are you going to kill the mega corps in china, Japan and South Korea?If they are owned by U.S. companies, you can tax the living fuck out of them, resulting in a very quick demise.

Crepitus
12-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Nuke the sire from orbit. Only way to be sure.

Seriously, how would you end the megacorps in the US?

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 08:02 PM

why ask me?

I'm not the one ranting against corporations.

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 08:03 PM
If they are owned by U.S. companies, you can tax the living $#@! out of them, resulting in a very quick demise.

And if they aren't?

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 08:05 PM
I have called for a Paul/ Nader ticket which is not a ridiculous as it may sound

I think Nader might want to find someone to carry his banner...he is 80 years old. There has to be someone in the Green party that could carry on...

Crepitus
12-13-2014, 08:07 PM

Sorry, left this part out: donttread how would you kill the megacorps I'm the US?

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Sorry, left this part out: @donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922) how would you kill the megacorps I'm the US?

Your question and mine needs to be answered.

donttread
12-13-2014, 08:13 PM
I like most of your ideas. The drug issue I would handle differently. I don't support using the fortune that we are wasting currently on interdiction to waste on silly ass bureaucratic rehabilitation programs. I propose just striking these expenses from the budget altogether. Other than that I'm right there with you. Understand that this sort of overhaul would only come at the end of a rifle barrel. The ruling elite have spent centuries setting up their private empire and they are NOT going to cede to popular opinion.

How about we split the savings , half on drug treatment , which has helped Portugal immensely and half just strike from the budget?

donttread
12-13-2014, 08:16 PM

I won't, can't and shouldn't. But despite misguided court decisions corporations are not people and we can and should restrict their practices in our country

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 08:19 PM
And if they aren't?WELL, they claim sanctions work.:rollseyes:

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 08:36 PM
I won't, can't and shouldn't. But despite misguided court decisions corporations are not people and we can and should restrict their practices in our country

So you will kill US corporations and turn all the markets over to foreigners unchallenged?

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 09:04 PM
What would business be like if some corps didn't get special treatment by our government? If they didn't get bail outs or prop ups or sweetheart deals that eliminate competition? Maybe that would naturally reduce the existence of megacorps.

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 09:36 PM
What would business be like if some corps didn't get special treatment by our government? If they didn't get bail outs or prop ups or sweetheart deals that eliminate competition? Maybe that would naturally reduce the existence of megacorps.

We could also enforce our antitrust laws.

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't think the corporate critics understand that they can't kill US mega corporations without putting America at a disadvantage not only in foreign markets but here at home also.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:43 PM
What would business be like if some corps didn't get special treatment by our government? If they didn't get bail outs or prop ups or sweetheart deals that eliminate competition? Maybe that would naturally reduce the existence of megacorps.SOMMBITCH,, you is on a roll.

Mac-7
12-13-2014, 09:45 PM
SOMM$#@!,, you is on a roll.

The rant you quoted was insane.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:56 PM
The rant you quoted was insane.Which rant would that be?

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 10:37 PM
SOMMBITCH,, you is on a roll.

now that we're speaking to each other...I gotta ask. Are you a Western history buff? ace's & 8's...the dead man's hand? just curious (ok, nosy)

Mac-7
12-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Which rant would that be?

The one you quoted by polwatch that mindlessly bashed corporations.

donttread
12-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Sorry, left this part out: @donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922) how would you kill the megacorps I'm the US?

For starters "Limited Liability" is limited to 500,000.00. Secondly , we could limit the number of states a corporation can function in.

donttread
12-15-2014, 07:25 AM

That would be part of the long term solution, but I think we need a kick start

donttread
12-15-2014, 07:26 AM
I don't think the corporate critics understand that they can't kill US mega corporations without putting America at a disadvantage not only in foreign markets but here at home also.

Completely untrue. We can produce everything we need right here at home without megacorps.

Mac-7
12-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Completely untrue. We can produce everything we need right here at home without megacorps.

Like Mao's Great Leap Forward?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Cigar
12-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Hot button issues #1: The People are Done Putting Up with Injustice :grin:

donttread
12-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Like Mao's Great Leap Forward?

You don't know what you're talking about.

You bitch about China "owning America" but you don't think we can make it without them? Man up it's gonna be a bumpy ride

Peter1469
12-15-2014, 06:06 PM
China doesn't own America. That is ridiculous.

Polecat
12-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Hot button issues #1: The People are Done Putting Up with Injustice :grin:

That includes us less than well to do white folk too.

Mac-7
12-15-2014, 06:14 PM
You $#@! about China "owning America" but you don't think we can make it without them? Man up it's gonna be a bumpy ride

I thought you wanted to neuter American corporations.

That leave the their foreign competitors free to take over all our markets.