PDA

View Full Version : Do you favor ending the Federal Reserve?

iustitia
12-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Should the Fed be abolished?

donttread
12-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes. Absolutely! Remember the "housing bubble crash" ? these guys caused it and that's just one of their minor offenses.

Green Arrow
12-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Should have made the vote public, that way we could see how the issue falls among the forum's different political persuasion.

I'm a liberal, for example, and I absolutely support ending the Federal Reserve. Bob is a conservative, pretty sure he doesn't support ending the Federal Reserve. I know plenty of liberals that don't support ending it, and plenty of conservatives that do.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Should the Fed be abolished?YES, but not yet.

Ravens Fan
12-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes, it should be abolished.

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 06:45 PM
It should be abolished right after we let them know that our debt that they have on their books is now theirs.

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't know enough about it to make a choice...maybe I will after reading the reasons why the voters in the poll made their choice.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't know enough about it to make a choice...maybe I will after reading the reasons why the voters in the poll made their choice.
The FED is complicated,you wont get a reasonable reason for it, until you do some of your own research,I think I may still have something about the Fed book marked, if I find it,, I will PM it to you, but dont stop with what I give you,, find some more,,the internet is your friend.

Ethereal
12-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Yes, but it should be done in a controlled fashion if possible. Instead of abolishing the fed outright, they could start by legalizing monetary competition, so that when it is eventually abolished, there is an organic monetary system ready to replace it. As for the debt, that needs to be written off or substantially renegotiated in phases, but the bankers will burn the world down before they let that happen. Incidentally, they are hard at work trying to burn down the world as we speak (Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Ukraine, etc.).

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes, but it should be done in a controlled fashion if possible. Instead of abolishing the fed outright, they could start by legalizing monetary competition, so that when it is eventually abolished, there is an organic monetary system ready to replace it. As for the debt, that needs to be written off or substantially renegotiated in phases, but the bankers will burn the world down before they let that happen. Incidentally, they are hard at work trying to burn down the world as we speak (Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Ukraine, etc.).40% of that reply I can agree with, you figure out which is the 40%.

Ethereal
12-13-2014, 07:56 PM
40% of that reply I can agree with, you figure out which is the 40%.

Then you are 60% wrong.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Then you are 60% wrong.In my mind, I can live with that, I would hang myself had I agreed with you 100%

donttread
12-13-2014, 08:04 PM
The FED is complicated,you wont get a reasonable reason for it, until you do some of your own research,I think I may still have something about the Fed book marked, if I find it,, I will PM it to you, but dont stop with what I give you,, find some more,,the internet is your friend.

The FED is a wall street/government lapdog, market controlling nightmare. why is that so complicated?

Ethereal
12-13-2014, 08:05 PM
In my mind, I can live with that, I would hang myself had I agreed with you 100%

I wounded to my core... :rollseyes:

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 08:06 PM
I wounded to my core... :rollseyes:Take a deep breathe,, you'll be OK.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 08:08 PM
The FED is a wall street/government lapdog, market controlling nightmare. why is that so complicated?There is more to the fed than that.

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 09:04 PM
40% of that reply I can agree with, you figure out which is the 40%.

You like yourself a bit. Have you met Bob?

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:07 PM
You like yourself a bit. Have you met Bob?
Is that against the forum rules too?

Or is it too hard to accept opposition?

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Is that against the forum rules too?

Or is it too hard to accept opposition?

Yes. We have a rule against liking yourself. It's why I've been banned about 10 times now.

You might want to pump the brakes on the attitude tho. The whole way of getting people to discuss things with each other instead of talking at each other usually starts with showing just a tiny bit of courtesy. I'm not saying blow the guy or lie down prostrate. Just maybe try to interact and see where it takes you.

Just a suggestion. :)

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Yes. We have a rule against liking yourself. It's why I've been banned about 10 times now.

You might want to pump the brakes on the attitude tho. The whole way of getting people to discuss things with each other instead of talking at each other usually starts with showing just a tiny bit of courtesy. I'm not saying blow the guy or lie down prostrate. Just maybe try to interact and see where it takes you.

Just a suggestion. :)Thanks for the advice!!.

I am who I am,, take it or leave, I'm not here to impress anyone, or get laid, so they can either 'interact' in my conversations, or they wont, I'll assure you I wont loose a wink of sleep over it, enjoy the rest of your day.

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the advice!!.

I am who I am,, take it or leave, I'm not here to impress anyone, or get laid, so they can either 'interact' in my conversations, or they wont, I'll assure you I wont loose a wink of sleep over it, enjoy the rest of your day.

Oh boy. We gotta live one... :rollseyes:

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh boy. We gotta live one... :rollseyes:Seems this forum doesn't care for those that go against the grain a bit., Oh well.

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Seems this forum doesn't care for those that go against the grain a bit., Oh well.

We have a guy who posted that a shark ate his wife off the coast of Hawaii, another guy who paid the courts his fines in pennies, someone who practices voodoo, a white supremacist who's also quite a classy guy in spite of it, another person who's hard core black power, a Marxist feminist who supplies us with dissertations, a British monarchist, and then we have The Sage of Main Street who, well, I'll let that one go without saying because he's a fellow devil dog.

We're ok with against the grain. I personally don't like rudeness. I hail from the Deep South where we still like to have our politics served with manners and a few "bless your hearts".

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:37 PM
We have a guy who posted that a shark ate his wife off the coast of Hawaii, another guy who paid the courts his fines in pennies, someone who practices voodoo, a white supremacist who's also quite a classy guy in spite of it, another person who's hard core black power, a Marxist feminist who supplies us with dissertations, a British monarchist, and then we have The Sage of Main Street who, well, I'll let that one go without saying because he's a fellow devil dog.

We're ok with against the grain. I personally don't like rudeness. I hail from the Deep South where we still like to have our politics served with manners and a few "bless your hearts".I understand the ''Southern charm and manners'', I will return the kindness to you and a couple of other here.

Redrose
12-13-2014, 09:40 PM
"Bless your hearts" is Southern code.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:41 PM
"Bless your hearts" is Southern code.YIKES. . . .for what?

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 09:43 PM
"Bless your hearts" is Southern code.
PolWatch Matalese I think this Yankee's trying to out us.

Redrose
12-13-2014, 09:45 PM
http://www.themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/milton-friedman-end-the-fed/

I have a tendency to agree with Milton Friedman.

An oversimplification is the Fed is government manipulation of our currency. I'm against big government.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 09:47 PM
http://www.themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/milton-friedman-end-the-fed/

I have a tendency to agree with Milton Friedman.

An oversimplification is the Fed is government manipulation of our currency. I'm against big government.If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.

(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/miltonfrie387252.html)Milton Friedman (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/miltonfrie387252.html)
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/miltonfrie387252.html)

PolWatch
12-13-2014, 09:51 PM
@PolWatch (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1099) @Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796) I think this Yankee's trying to out us.

uh...I broke the rules & told Rose what it means...<hanging head> she's an honorary southern belle so I HAD to...honest!

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 09:58 PM
uh...I broke the rules & told Rose what it means...<hanging head> she's an honorary southern belle so I HAD to...honest!

Well, alright I guess. As long as she don't start saying her dog don't hunt. You know that's reserved.

Redrose
12-13-2014, 10:00 PM

Don't fret, I already knew that from my co-workers in Florida.

Ethereal
12-13-2014, 10:16 PM
There is more to the fed than that.

Not really.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Not really.You want to dissolve the Fed right now??

Ethereal
12-13-2014, 10:29 PM
You want to dissolve the Fed right now??

I do, yes, but I am willing to compromise and see it incrementally abolished.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 10:32 PM
I do, yes, but I am willing to compromise and see it incrementally abolished.
Typical.

What would a slow incremental abandonment of the Fed do the the entire economic world at this point?

Is the entire economic world based off of the U.S. Dollar?

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Typical.

What would a slow incremental abandonment of the Fed do the the entire economic world at this point?

We are talking about what is best for Americans.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 10:35 PM
We are talking about what is best for Americans.OH,, you think that the''AMERICANS'' are not part of the entire economic world, I see.

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 10:37 PM
OH,, you think that the''AMERICANS'' are not part of the entire economic world, I see.

That isn't what I said. I would ask you to pay attention, but I don' think that it is on your agenda.

Ethereal
12-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Typical.

What is?

Liberate billions of people from an exploitative monstrous system that is fundamentally economically flawed.

No, it's "based" on markets. The USD is just a way to manipulate markets to the advantage of a banking cartel.

Redrose
12-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Well, alright I guess. As long as she don't start saying her dog don't hunt. You know that's reserved.

Gee, I was just going to use that one.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 10:47 PM
That isn't what I said. I would ask you to pay attention, but I don' think that it is on your agenda.That's exactly what you said, and it is not in our best interest to abandon the Fed yet

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 10:49 PM
What is?

Liberate billions of people from an exploitative monstrous system that is fundamentally economically flawed.

No, it's "based" on markets. The USD is just a way to manipulate markets to the advantage of a banking cartel.

None of this even remotely comes close to answering my first question, would you like to try again?

Typical.

The U.S. doesn't have a sound monetary policy yet, and you fella's want to get rid of what we do have,, unreasonable.

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Repudiate the debt like Iceland. Shit happens.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Repudiate the debt like Iceland. $#@! happens.It's just that easy ,,HUH!?!?!?!

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 11:02 PM
It's just that easy ,,HUH!?!?!?!

They made it look real easy. Besides I have real currency. Land, stored food, moonshine, guns, ammo, and military training.

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 11:04 PM
That's exactly what you said, and it is not in our best interest to abandon the Fed yet

I can only conclude that you didn't understand my point. Anyway, it is certainly in our interest abandon the Fed. We never should have started it up again in 1913.

Europe should shut down their central banks as well.

ace's n 8's
They made it look real easy. Besides I have real currency. Land, stored food, moonshine, guns, ammo, and military training.''bless your heart''..

Iceland is minuet compared the U.S. economy.

George Soros is worth more than their GDP.

Peter1469
It's just that easy ,,HUH!?!?!?!

Actually it is. Iceland is the model. Size doesn't matter.

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 11:08 PM
I can only conclude that you didn't understand my point. Anyway, it is certainly in our interest abandon the Fed. We never should have started it up again in 1913.

Europe should shut down their central banks as well.NOW, that's a fact.

The FED got it's start because the Federal Government got in trouble, and needed to fund some stupid shit, and didn't have the money,,and bing-bang-bong- here comes J.P. Morgan to the rescue.

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:09 PM

Hot dang! That's one of my favorites!

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:10 PM
And, I'll slap a knot on your head and dare it to rise!"

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Actually it is. Iceland is the model. Size doesn't matter.Neither of you have any substance with your bite, you all are just using the typical hysterical reactionary talking points.... Dismissed.

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Neither of you have any substance with your bite, you all are just using the typical hysterical reactionary talking points.... Dismissed.

Tsk tsk tsk! No dismissing allowed!

Peter1469
12-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Neither of you have any substance with your bite, you all are just using the typical hysterical reactionary talking points.... Dismissed.

You don't have enough rank to dismiss me. Sorry.

Iceland refused to bail out failed banks (good). They prosecuted corrupt bankers and politicians (good). And although their economy crashed, their market corrected itself and they quickly grew and are in a great position now.

We are still in a semi-recession 7 years later.... And we have an unsustainable amount of debt.

ace's n 8's
Tsk tsk tsk! No dismissing allowed!
Another one of those bannable offenses?

Codename Section

That's me. I'm known for hysterics.

Now here's the truth. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of the growing government, growing debt, lack of morals--real morals, not vices, but lack of humanity and I'm all for letting those that made the problem eat the problem and like it.

I've been to 3rd world countries guarding some of the same assholes who run the show and I have seen how the so called "poor" live in other countries and the joke is on us. I see poor people, but not poor in spirit.

We're poor in spirit and that can only change when we topple the "god" that made us that way...and I aint talking about Jesus.

PolWatch
And, I'll slap a knot on your head and dare it to rise!"

how 'bout: we are fixin to go to fist city!

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 11:16 PM
I like: happier than a pig in shit!

iustitia
12-13-2014, 11:21 PM
I didn't realize the poll wasn't set to public. Well darn. Can a mod change that?

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:23 PM
how 'bout: we are fixin to go to fist city!

Yeah' and "We're going to have a Sunday come to Jesus meeting" meaning somebody's ass is in deep do doo. :)

ace's n 8's
12-13-2014, 11:24 PM
That's me. I'm known for hysterics.

Now here's the truth. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of the growing government, growing debt, lack of morals--real morals, not vices, but lack of humanity and I'm all for letting those that made the problem eat the problem and like it.

I've been to 3rd world countries guarding some of the same $#@!s who run the show and I have seen how the so called "poor" live in other countries and the joke is on us. I see poor people, but not poor in spirit.

We're poor in spirit and that can only change when we topple the "god" that made us that way...and I aint talking about Jesus.I agree, but we need an alternative monetary policy, you think we are poor in spirit now,,just wait and see what happens when the shit comes about face.

I'm tired of the bullshit too, have you heard any whispers about a 'new and improved' policy, I know I haven't.

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:25 PM
I like: happier than a pig in $#@!!

My mil said " happier n a speckled pup laying in the summer sun!"

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:27 PM
" you better run like a scalded cat"

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 11:30 PM
" you better run like a scalded cat"

I got that one a lot cuz I was always getting into trouble.

Matty
12-13-2014, 11:30 PM
When my dad used both my first and middle name, "Linda Anne" I knew I was in serious trouble! :) so, I would run. Thinking it couldn't get any worse. Wrong again!

Codename Section
12-13-2014, 11:31 PM
My grandmama would always say to me, I was a "better thana blue hen's chick".

Don
12-14-2014, 12:12 AM
I favor ending the fed but we have a lot of work ahead to get it to happen. For years Ron Paul put forth bills to have it audited. For a long time he was the only one voting for it. Now there is enough interest in congress to get it going. Several times recently the house has passed a bill to audit the fed only to have it languish in the senate. There are more and more senators who would vote for it. We shall soon see if a republican controlled house and senate will not just talk the talk but walk the walk. I think the establishment republicans will see to it that the fed is not audited much less abolished. Like I said, we have a lot of work to do.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 12:17 AM
I favor ending the fed but we have a lot of work ahead to get it to happen. For years Ron Paul put forth bills to have it audited. For a long time he was the only one voting for it. Now there is enough interest in congress to get it going. Several times recently the house has passed a bill to audit the fed only to have it languish in the senate. There are more and more senators who would vote for it. We shall soon see if a republican controlled house and senate will not just talk the talk but walk the walk. I think the establishment republicans will see to it that the fed is not audited much less abolished. Like I said, we have a lot of work to do.Yes, this will be interesting.

Redrose
12-14-2014, 02:01 AM
When my dad used both my first and middle name, "Linda Anne" I knew I was in serious trouble! :) so, I would run. Thinking it couldn't get any worse. Wrong again!

When I was a kid it wasn't what was said, it was "how" it was said. When my dad would bite the side of his hand I knew to run fast.

The Xl
12-14-2014, 02:10 AM
The fed and fractional reserve banking need to gtfo.

Dr. Who
12-14-2014, 03:34 AM
Seems this forum doesn't care for those that go against the grain a bit., Oh well.
Ace, it's not opinion that generally gets a real rise from people it's attitude. Not sure why you want to argue politics - is it to provoke emotional responses or exchange opinion? If it's the former, then you don't really want to argue politics, you just want to fight. This forum is open to both sides of the political spectrum and everything in between. What we are not open to is churlish behavior that doesn't advance discussion, but instead advances emotional outbursts and juvenile attacks.

Peter1469
12-14-2014, 08:48 AM
The fed and fractional reserve banking need to gtfo.

The bad part of fractional reserve banking is over leverage. I don't know the ideal amount, but just don't go overboard.

donttread
12-14-2014, 08:55 AM
This appears to be a topic we can pretty much all agree on (fed voted out 10-0)

Chris
12-14-2014, 09:11 AM
I didn't realize the poll wasn't set to public. Well darn. Can a mod change that?

I voted yes, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLc1pCqPwm0

Matty
12-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Another one of those bannable offenses?

Just wave a white flag, or throw up your hands in surrender! If you have to "dismiss" everyone you are in over your head? I'm a little girlie and even I don't cry " dismissed". Man up!

this is a very left wing forum. You are outnumbered. Practically no one here agrees with conservatives! Just make your own arguements!

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Just wave a white flag, or throw up your hands in surrender! If you have to "dismiss" everyone you are in over your head? I'm a little girlie and even I don't cry " dismissed". Man up!

^^Why I love Matalese and if she ever leaves, I'm following! She reminds me of a Gunny or DI.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 11:02 AM

this is a very left wing forum. You are outnumbered. Practically no one here agrees with conservatives! Just make your own arguements!
Most leftist talking points get very redundant, so I will dismiss at times.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 11:03 AM
^^Why I love @Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796) and if she ever leaves, I'm following! She reminds me of a Gunny or DI.She seems to be a good girl.

Animal Mother
12-14-2014, 11:04 AM
^^Why I love @Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796) and if she ever leaves, I'm following! She reminds me of a Gunny or DI.

True ad. She's got more balls than 3/4 of the men on this forum that's for fucking sure.

Matty
12-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Most leftist talking points get very redundant, so I will dismiss at times.

My my favorite mode of " dismissing" is a very loud bullshit! Everyone understands bullshit! Sometimes I go with unadulterated bullshit.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 11:15 AM
My my favorite mode of " dismissing" is a very loud bull$#@!! Everyone understands bull$#@!! Sometimes I go with unadulterated bull$#@!.Have no fear, I have used that form in the past as well, I wanted to turn over a new leaf, and leave it on the simmer.. . .

BULLSHIT!!!!,, who am I kidding.

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 11:19 AM
It's kinda reserved for Matalese. When you're an older southern woman you earned the right to say bull or chicken shit. My granny went with the latter because it's worse than cow dung.

Common Sense
12-14-2014, 11:22 AM
What would it be replaced with?

Chris
12-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Someone much earlier mention competitive currency. Bitcoin comes to mind.

Matty
12-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Hockey pucks!

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 11:28 AM

Multiple banks with competing interest and a choice in currency.

Common Sense
12-14-2014, 11:30 AM

That sounds confusing.

Why not just nationalize the Fed and have it answer directly to congress? That's sort of what the Bank of Canada is like.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Now you're getting somewhere.

You're goin' places.

Chris
12-14-2014, 11:35 AM
That sounds confusing.

Why not just nationalize the Fed and have it answer directly to congress? That's sort of what the Bank of Canada is like.

That's the problem, common. It's already nationalized. Think outside the statist box, look for decentralized solutions.

Common Sense
12-14-2014, 11:39 AM
That's the problem, common. It's already nationalized. Think outside the statist box, look for decentralized solutions.

It's not officially nationalized. It's a private bank.

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 11:40 AM
That sounds confusing.

Why not just nationalize the Fed and have it answer directly to congress?

Because Congress is inept, full of lawyers, and have screwed up our budget repeatedly? Because they can't be trusted with a cat that can self feed much less a bank? I could go on.

That's sort of what the Bank of Canada is like.

Awesome for Canada. We're not Canada and I don't want to be. Why don't yall have our 2nd Amendment or want anything like it?

Common Sense
12-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Because Congress is inept, full of lawyers, and have screwed up our budget repeatedly? Because they can't be trusted with a cat that can self feed much less a bank? I could go on.

Awesome for Canada. We're not Canada and I don't want to be. Why don't yall have our 2nd Amendment or want anything like it?

Did I say you were Canada?

Maybe you should just get rid of everything and never look to what anyone else has ever done. I'm sure anarchy would be peachy.

Chris
12-14-2014, 11:50 AM

Yeah, right. Who created it? Who names the person who runs it?

I can understand the desire to, as it is, make it accountable to Congress. You could team up with Rand Paul on that.

But that would only make it more political, increase the already uncontrollable collusion between government and business--codename goes into the reasons.

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Did I say you were Canada?

Did I say I you said so? No. I said that I don't want to be Canada or move there.

Maybe you should just get rid of everything and never look to what anyone else has ever done. I'm sure anarchy would be peachy.

And here comes the snark because I've never heard that one before. It's all "chaos" instead of looking to what the Native Americans managed without a state.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 11:54 AM
It's not officially nationalized. It's a private bank.Is it a 'centralized bank', I would like to believe it is, a centralized bank is identical to the FED, a monopoly.

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 11:56 AM
The Federal Reserve bank is actually a private central bank. It's head is appointed by Congress but the shareholders are private banks and they get a 6% dividend before they count profit.

Common Sense
12-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Did I say I you said so? No. I said that I don't want to be Canada or move there.

And here comes the snark because I've never heard that one before. It's all "chaos" instead of looking to what the Native Americans managed without a state.

Sorry, I felt your response was a bit snarky. I wasn't implying that you should be anything like Canada. I was merely saying how others manage the same issue.

If the US was a much less complicated place and the world in general was, then a system like those the natives employed would be great. Preferable to me...but in order for us all to maintain this complex society and this standard of living, top down organization is just a sad reality.

Chris
12-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Is it a 'centralized bank', I would like to believe it is, a centralized bank is identical to the FED, a monopoly.

Yes, and tying it even closed to government only solidifies the monopoly. Thus the solution would be to decentralize it, instill competition.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 12:02 PM
The Federal Reserve bank is actually a private central bank. It's head is appointed by Congress but the shareholders are private banks and they get a 6% dividend before they count profit.
Thanks for the 'refresher course'

Bless your heart.

Chris
12-14-2014, 12:04 PM

President nominates all board members and Senate approves.

Codename Section
12-14-2014, 12:07 PM
President nominates all board members and Senate approves.

You know what I meant. :)

I can't be expected to be on all the time. Two hours of sleep will do that to ya.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 12:13 PM

I can't be expected to be on all the time. Two hours of sleep will do that to ya.Excuses. . . Excuses.:cool2:

Chris
12-14-2014, 12:32 PM

I can't be expected to be on all the time. Two hours of sleep will do that to ya.

Yea, political no matter how you look at it. And shouldn't be.

CaveDog
12-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Should the Fed be abolished?

The problem is that the gold standard was failing even back in the 19th century. My view is that the supply of gold and silver just couldn't keep up with population growth and the economic growth that comes with it. Not having enough money in circulation to facilitate trade because the supply was limited by the amount of gold and silver to back it caused a series of busts as the economy became cash starved. A fiat system that could issue more currency beyond the limits of the gold standard became a necessary evil. The fed was created to try and manage that and if we got rid of the fed we'd just have to create a new fed, at least in the near term.

I'm not averse to trying privately issued currency on a limited trial basis. It's been done here before but if people are spooked with having private banksters running the heavily regulated fed then you have to consider the consequences of private enterprise controlling even less regulated currencies. Even if market forces regulate those currencies there's a lot of room for abuse.

ace's n 8's
12-14-2014, 01:14 PM
The problem is that the gold standard was failing even back in the 19th century. My view is that the supply of gold and silver just couldn't keep up with population growth and the economic growth that comes with it. Not having enough money in circulation to facilitate trade because the supply was limited by the amount of gold and silver to back it caused a series of busts as the economy became cash starved. A fiat system that could issue more currency beyond the limits of the gold standard became a necessary evil. The fed was created to try and manage that and if we got rid of the fed we'd just have to create a new fed, at least in the near term.

I'm not averse to trying privately issued currency on a limited trial basis. It's been done here before but if people are spooked with having private banksters running the heavily regulated fed then you have to consider the consequences of private enterprise controlling even less regulated currencies. Even if market forces regulate those currencies there's a lot of room for abuse.I'm in favor of the barter system.

Chris
12-14-2014, 01:25 PM
That would drive us back to subsistence living, back into the Malthusian Trap.

donttread
12-15-2014, 07:20 AM

It's only "private" because these bastards can do things not even the government would try to get away with

Cigar
12-15-2014, 12:45 PM
:rollseyes:

Green Arrow
12-15-2014, 01:19 PM
That would drive us back to subsistence living, back into the Malthusian Trap.

What's wrong with subsistence living?

Chris
12-15-2014, 01:27 PM
What's wrong with subsistence living?

If that's what you want, nothing. But away goes the US, away goes the economy. Not many would be able to do that.

The Sage of Main Street
12-15-2014, 05:21 PM
They made it look real easy. Besides I have real currency. Land, stored food, moonshine, guns, ammo, and military training. People had the equivalent of that during the Dark Ages, which were Libertarian. A typical result of your Utopia was that Rome's population went from one million to 20,000.

donttread
12-15-2014, 05:37 PM

A slightly freer market

The Sage of Main Street
12-15-2014, 05:37 PM
This appears to be a topic we can pretty much all agree on (fed voted out 10-0) If the Lizardtarian wizard, Ron Paul, is against something, I immediately look for a sneaky slithering motivation behind that stand. The bankers can't fund all the needed business loans on their own profits, so they have to have an outside steady source of money granted to them. That artificial money creates real money. Economic potential is lost without it. That was the point of Bryant's "Cross of Gold" speech.

The reason the Capitaliban are against the Fed is that they want businesses to be forced to give up a permanent and growing drain on the company's profits through selling stock instead of paying a fixed and temporary interest plus principal to banks.

I saw Ron Paul in a movie once. He played the obstetrician who delivered Rosemary's Baby.

donttread
12-15-2014, 06:01 PM
If the Lizardtarian wizard, Ron Paul, is against something, I immediately look for a sneaky slithering motivation behind that stand. The bankers can't fund all the needed business loans on their own profits, so they have to have an outside steady source of money granted to them. That artificial money creates real money. Economic potential is lost without it. That was the point of Bryant's "Cross of Gold" speech.

The reason the Capitaliban are against the Fed is that they want businesses to be forced to give up a permanent and growing drain on the company's profits through selling stock instead of paying a fixed and temporary interest plus principal to banks.

I saw Ron Paul in a movie once. He played the obstetrician who delivered Rosemary's Baby.

Well Sage since the current system is working soooooo well

The Sage of Main Street
12-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Well Sage since the current system is working soooooo well The banks don't use the money for the economy-expanding purpose it was intended. Aym Randy pupil Alan Greenspan even admitted he had too high an opinion of those toxic Atlases and was easily suckered in by them. What the Paulistas are doing is like blaming the depositors for criminals robbing banks. The bankers shouldn't be bailed out; they shouldn't even be out on bail.

donttread
12-16-2014, 03:42 PM
The banks don't use the money for the economy-expanding purpose it was intended. Aym Randy pupil Alan Greenspan even admitted he had too high an opinion of those toxic Atlases and was easily suckered in by them. What the Paulistas are doing is like blaming the depositors for criminals robbing banks. The bankers shouldn't be bailed out; they shouldn't even be out on bail.

You know that then sell 1.5 bars of gold when its really just one right?

The Sage of Main Street
12-17-2014, 05:33 PM
You know that then sell 1.5 bars of gold when its really just one right?
Those urine-colored bricks are just as much a fiat currency as any other. Remember what happened to Midas.

Ethereal
12-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Those urine-colored bricks are just as much a fiat currency as any other. Remember what happened to Midas.

Completely wrong. Precious metals are the exact opposite of a "FIAT" (by order or command) currency, as their value is determined through voluntary market exchanges (supply and demand), not coercive government dictate (FIAT). Try using the proper definitions and concepts when discussing economics. It will really help.

Ethereal
12-17-2014, 05:43 PM
People had the equivalent of that during the Dark Ages, which were Libertarian. A typical result of your Utopia was that Rome's population went from one million to 20,000.

What "dark ages"? You mean the liberation of millions of tribes and peasants from the tyrannical dominion of Roman aristocracy? That "dark" ages? And speaking of ancient civilizations, it was a Chinese warlord who invented FIAT paper money, the same exact monetary system the US government uses. How "progressive" of them!

CaveDog
12-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Completely wrong. Precious metals are the exact opposite of a "FIAT" (by order or command) currency, as their value is determined through voluntary market exchanges (supply and demand), not coercive government dictate (FIAT). Try using the proper definitions and concepts when discussing economics. It will really help.

True to a degree, As you say, gold has value based on the market but at the end of the day any medium of exchange just represents the value of goods and services, fiat currency or organic. The problem with gold is that it can't expand if economic growth outpaces it's supply. The problem with fiat currencies is that they never seem to stop expanding.

Peter1469
12-19-2014, 05:24 AM
True to a degree, As you say, gold has value based on the market but at the end of the day any medium of exchange just represents the value of goods and services, fiat currency or organic. The problem with gold is that it can't expand if economic growth outpaces it's supply. The problem with fiat currencies is that they never seem to stop expanding.

Reasonable regulations could control fiat currency.