PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderful Revelation of a Swimming Gold Medalist

TrueBlue
12-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Swimming Gold Medalist Tom Luchsinger Comes Out

http://randyreport.blogspot.com/2014/12/swimming-gold-medalist-tom-luchsinger.html

"But now it seems that being gay is one of the characteristics I'm most proud of. I have accomplishments linked to my name that most heterosexual men will never have."

=====================================
KUDOS to our fine Gold Medalist who came out and is proud of who he is!

People in the public eye are often scrutinized on who they go out with or date and that can make it difficult to try to live who you truly are. But with such a revelation he can now feel happy and free. And more who are closeted in all professions should consider following his example. Be Who You Are and Make Your Dream A Reality!

Peter1469
12-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Who cares? I am concerned with his swimming. I could care less about the rest of his life. People need to get over themselves.

Codename Section
12-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Being straight doesn't make me a good shooter or runner. I really think gays and straights are different if they really believe being gay gives them superpowers.

PolWatch
12-15-2014, 10:02 PM
ya know, if someone is gonna talk about their sex life, its more interesting if they share details...:rollseyes:

pjohns
12-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Swimming Gold Medalist Tom Luchsinger Comes Out

http://randyreport.blogspot.com/2014/12/swimming-gold-medalist-tom-luchsinger.html

=====================================
KUDOS to our fine Gold Medalist who came out and is proud of who he is!

People in the public eye are often scrutinized on who they go out with or date and that can make it difficult to try to live who you truly are. But with such a revelation he can now feel happy and free. And more who are closeted in all professions should consider following his example. Be Who You Are and Make Your Dream A Reality!

You appear to be entirely focused upon a single issue: gay this or gay that:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36294-Christian-Couple-Refused-Service-by-Gay-Ohio-Baker

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36361-Losing-States-May-Have-to-Repay-Gay-Groups-For-Marriage-Litigation?p=881290#post881290

And now, of course, this thread also.

Is anything else of substantial interest to you?

Peter1469
12-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Swimming?

Mister D
12-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Gee, he's gay. Who saw that coming?

Mister D
12-15-2014, 10:12 PM
ya know, if someone is gonna talk about their sex life, its more interesting if they share details...:rollseyes:

In such cases, I'd really rather they didn't.

hanger4
12-15-2014, 10:12 PM

50 Shades Of Grey ??

Penthouse Forums ??

TrueBlue
12-15-2014, 11:33 PM
You appear to be entirely focused upon a single issue: gay this or gay that:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36294-Christian-Couple-Refused-Service-by-Gay-Ohio-Baker

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36361-Losing-States-May-Have-to-Repay-Gay-Groups-For-Marriage-Litigation?p=881290#post881290

And now, of course, this thread also.

Is anything else of substantial interest to you?
Is it to You in that you just have to tear yourself away from whatever you're doing to come and read my posts each and every time and even go so far as to categorize them? Seems like you well enjoy reading them under the circumstances and you're fully welcome to! :)

GrassrootsConservative
12-16-2014, 12:13 AM
He's more proud of being gay than of being an olympic gold medalist?

It's too bad more young people don't recognize the significance of being the best in the world, and instead value things like being part of a group as opposed to being an individual.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 06:11 AM
I wonder if Luchsinger has the homosexual birth defect or was he lured into a life of perversion by an older homosexual mentor?

hanger4
12-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Is it to You in that you just have to tear yourself away from whatever you're doing to come and read my posts each and every time and even go so far as to categorize them? Seems like you well enjoy reading them under the circumstances and you're fully welcome to! :)

Get over yourself TrueBlue reading your threads is like slowing down to view an automobile crash. Everyone likes to see a good thread fail. :)

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Get over yourself @TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308) reading your threads is like slowing down to view an automobile crash. Everyone likes to see a good thread fail. :)
Only it Never does, hanger. It Never does. Fact of life you need to learn to live with. And when folks like you always go out of your way to comment on my threads that means you're actively reading them. So, keep reading my postings as I know you're already anxious and waiting for the next one. I won't disappoint. :)

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 08:31 AM
I love how idiots come in here to complain about a thread they don't like. If you don't like the thread or see it as pointless, why comment?

Chris
12-16-2014, 08:35 AM
I wonder if Luchsinger has the homosexual birth defect or was he lured into a life of perversion by an older homosexual mentor?

Or if he's just gay and we don't know much about it.

Not sure why he feels he needs to come out and announce it either, but that's his business, it does me no harm.

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 08:37 AM
In such cases, I'd really rather they didn't.
Only he wasn't talking about his sex life. He was making a revelation about his orientation. That's a good thing given that he could never be free to truly open up like this before. I see absolutely nothing wrong with him having done that and again I feel he took the right step in not letting others continue to feel he is something he is not. That is the greatest freedom one can ever enjoy and experience so KUDOS again to him.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Gee, he's gay. Who saw that coming?

Extra sarcasm sauce?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 08:40 AM
ok - it's time for me to fess up.

I admit it, I'm a heterosexual.

Love me for who I am.

...no, really.

hanger4
12-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Only it Never does, hanger. It Never does. Fact of life you need to learn to live with. And when folks like you always go out of your way to comment on my threads that means you're actively reading them. So, keep reading my postings as I know you're already anxious and waiting for the next one. I won't disappoint. :)
The fact that everyone slows down to view an automobile crash just flew over your head. Surprises me not.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 08:44 AM
The fact that everyone slows down to view an automobile crash just flew over your head. Surprises me not.

You're causing a traffic jam rubbernecker...keep it moving.

Other people who aren't dicks discuss the topic or move along.

hanger4
12-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Only he wasn't talking about his sex life. He was making a revelation about his orientation. That's a good thing given that he could never be free to truly open up like this before. I see absolutely nothing wrong with him having done that and again I feel he took the right step in not letting others continue to feel he is something he is not. That is the greatest freedom one can ever enjoy and experience so KUDOS again to him.

But nobody cares about his sexual orientation just his athletic prowess. An extra 15 min of fame is all he seeks.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 08:48 AM
C'mon guys - I'm a hetero, doesn't anyone care?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 08:48 AM
But nobody cares about his sexual orientation just his athletic prowess. An extra 15 min of fame is all he seeks.

Or he feels that coming out will help support young people who are afraid to because of people who...well people like some of these people in this very thread.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 08:49 AM

See, I'm reading between the lines and you're clearly coming out as gay. Congrats!

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 08:50 AM
See, I'm reading between the lines and you're clearly coming out as gay. Congrats!

I wish I was gay actually.

How cool would it be to fuck like a maniac then just sit around and watch football the rest of the day instead of snuggling.

I'm totally into that... except for the gay part, haven't figured a way around that.

Chris
12-16-2014, 08:58 AM

No, not really.

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 09:01 AM
I love how idiots come in here to complain about a thread they don't like. If you don't like the thread or see it as pointless, why comment?
You know, you have great "Common Sense!" That is plain to see. I only wish others would have as good a grasp as to what they should do under the circumstances. What I can't understand is people who complain about others. Perhaps they are the same as they are but just can't come to terms with admitting it and that makes them very frustrated and upset? That has been shown to be the case many times and medical people have spoken to that.

But you're right in using the term "idiots" as it fits in their case since it IS idiocy to continue to whine over a posting about someone else whom they don't even know or will perhaps will ever know. People are entitled to reveal what they wish about themselves. That is part of their being free but the part the protesters unfortunately don't care to understand.

And of course the answer is ever so simple as I've told these folks time and time and again. If they don't like the thread then read another one they do like. Usually the thread title contains words that will reveal what the thread is about. Words like "Gay", "LGBT", "Lesbian", "Same-Sex Marriage", etc. and when they see that they can simply skip it. But why come in and show their idiocy by commenting negatively on it? Why go out of their way to become offended? But they love to do that as I suspect it only gets them the attention they are desperately seeking that they may not get elsewhere.

Everyone is more than welcome to read my threads but if you don't enjoy them can you just please move on elsewhere to another thread. Remember, you're not the only one reading it. There are many others who may very much enjoy reading the threads to keep up with what's going on so those folks will want for the threads to continue, and a forum that is non-partial and that believes in parity will not stand in the way of such items to be presented anymore than they would object to someone speaking about any other aspect of human life as the other threads involve.

So again, if you don't like the thread, just please move on. Don't show your ignorance by commenting on something that others may well enjoy reading.

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Well you have a perfect right to express that once and for all if you wish. Why should that be offensive to anyone?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:06 AM
You know, you have great "Common Sense!" That is plain to see. I only wish others would have as good a grasp as to what they should do under the circumstances. What I can't understand is people who complain about others. Perhaps they are the same as they are but just can't come to terms with admitting it and that makes them very frustrated and upset? That has been shown to be the case many times and medical people have spoken to that.

But you're right in using the term "idiots" as it fits in their case since it IS idiocy to continue to whine over a posting about someone else whom they don't even know or will perhaps will ever know. People are entitled to reveal what they wish about themselves. That is part of their being free but the part the protesters unfortunately don't care to understand.

And of course the answer is ever so simple as I've told these folks time and time and again. If they don't like the thread then read another one they do like. Usually the thread title contains words that will reveal what the thread is about. Words like "Gay", "LGBT", "Lesbian", "Same-Sex Marriage", etc. and when they see that they can simply skip it. But why come in and show their idiocy by commenting negatively on it? Why go out of their way to become offended? But they love to do that as I suspect it only gets them the attention they are desperately seeking that they may not get elsewhere.

Everyone is more than welcome to read my threads but if you don't enjoy them can you just please move on elsewhere to another thread. Remember, you're not the only one reading it. There are many others who may very much enjoy reading the threads to keep up with what's going on so those folks will want for the threads to continue, and a forum that is non-partial and that believes in parity will not stand in the way of such items to be presented anymore than they would object to someone speaking about any other aspect of human life as the other threads involve.

So again, if you don't like the thread, just please move on. Don't show your ignorance by commenting on something that others may well enjoy reading.

I think the reaction you're getting is that you're coming off like a one-trick pony when every thread you post is basically about gay issues. That's my take for what it's worth.

And some people are bigots. Me personally, I don't care who/what you are as long as you're happy. It's what I would expect others to think of me and while that's not always the case, I don't feel the need to justify myself to them or anyone.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Well you have a perfect right to express that once and for all if you wish. Why should that be offensive to anyone?

See my post above.

TBH, I never felt the need to express that.

Want to hear about the butt sex I had over the weekend? It was fucking awesome.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 09:10 AM

yeah, reminds me of this idiot. :wink:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/32565-The-“West”-should-be-forgotten?p=780755&viewfull=1#post780755

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 09:15 AM
See my post above.

TBH, I never felt the need to express that.

Want to hear about the butt sex I had over the weekend? It was $#@!ing awesome.
No thanks. That would be giving out too much information and sending the wrong message and that is not what this thread is about. Revelation about one's sexual orientation is one thing. But speaking about intimate sexual encounters and what you did during that time period is quite another and it crosses the line of decency.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 09:22 AM
The thing is most of us don't even know who this lad is? Swimming? Fuck all who cares about swimming? You might as well tell me your neighbours gays as much as I know who this person is. Like your "country star" thread. Never heard of them.

It's like you're desperate for any gay article and that's taking out gays, putting them in a dog and pony show so that you can feel better about yourself for posting.

That's the opposite of assistance; that's the worst sort of patronage.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:24 AM
No thanks. That would be giving out too much information and sending the wrong message and that is not what this thread is about. Revelation about one's sexual orientation is one thing. But speaking about intimate sexual encounters and what you did during that time period is quite another and it crosses the line of decency.

Why?

What is "sexual orientation"?

SEXual orientation - you like to have sex, with something defined - man or woman.

So what's the difference then?

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 09:34 AM
The thing is most of us don't even know who this lad is? Swimming? $#@! all who cares about swimming? You might as well tell me your neighbours gays as much as I know who this person is. Like your "country star" thread. Never heard of them.

It's like you're desperate for any gay article and that's taking out gays, putting them in a dog and pony show so that you can feel better about yourself for posting.

That's the opposite of assistance; that's the worst sort of patronage.
Simple solution. If you have a problem with these postings why do you keep reading and commenting on them?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:36 AM
yeah, reminds me of this idiot. :wink:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/32565-The-“West”-should-be-forgotten?p=780755&viewfull=1#post780755 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/32565-The-%E2%80%9CWest%E2%80%9D-should-be-forgotten?p=780755&viewfull=1#post780755)

I, (the idiot in question) more than just disagreed with your post.

Sure, I can be a hypocrite.

But if you really want to compare your white supremacist nonsense to this, then by all means...knock yourself out.

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Why?

What is "sexual orientation"?

SEXual orientation - you like to have sex, with something defined - man or woman.

So what's the difference then?
The difference is a Straight or Gay person can reveal their orientation without becoming graphic about it which is tasteless to most people. They have a right to express who they are. Those who have a problem with that may have other issues as well and they don't have to read or respond to such threads.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Simple solution. If you have a problem with these postings why do you keep reading and commenting on them?

Why are you commenting on his commenting?

Why does anyone post anything?

Really?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:39 AM
The difference is a Straight or Gay person can reveal their orientation without becoming graphic about it which is tasteless to most people. They have a right to express who they are. Those who have a problem with that may have other issues as well and they don't have to read or respond to such threads.

Someone telling me they're hetero I think is ridiculous, so why wouldn't that extend to gays?

"So, I like to fuck chics". That's what I would hear if someone told me they're hetero, which has never happened in my lifetime, btw.

SEXual orientation.

Common Sense
Why are you commenting on his commenting?

Why does anyone post anything?

Really?

Why are you commenting on his commenting of his commenting. Why am I commenting on your commenting of his commenting on his commenting?

Captain Obvious
Why are you commenting on his commenting of his commenting. Why am I commenting on your commenting of his commenting on his commenting?

No comment.

:biglaugh:

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Someone telling me they're hetero I think is ridiculous, so why wouldn't that extend to gays?

"So, I like to $#@! chics". That's what I would hear if someone told me they're hetero, which has never happened in my lifetime, btw.

SEXual orientation.

There is a difference. You'd be accurate if gay teens didn't have very high suicide rates and if gays weren't still maligned for their sexual orientation.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM

To express that I have an issue with the stupidity of making these sorts of announcements. No one knows who these people are, for one, and for another it's almost 2015 and being gay today gives amazing cache and is no longer a stigma for public figures.

You're as likely to end up on a magazine for coming out than for your talent. All of One Direction's now being cheeky about it, James Franco keeps trying to force people into questioning his sexuality again cos he made such a farce of it.

It's now a circus.

I have some very good mates who are gay people. Just want to go to work, go to the shoppes, go to the pub and not be someone's new men's accessory. It's like they're a decent money clip to show off. Ridiculous.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 09:45 AM
I, (the idiot in question) more than just disagreed with your post.

Sure, I can be a hypocrite.

But if you really want to compare your white supremacist nonsense to this, then by all means...knock yourself out.

No, you did not disagree with the post. You never even addressed it.

Yes, you are a hypocrite. That you're full of shit was sort of the point. Carry on.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:45 AM
There is a difference. You'd be accurate if gay teens didn't have very high suicide rates and if gays weren't still maligned for their sexual orientation.

That doesn't work on me, I have no angst toward gay people. You do your thing, I'll do mine, life is grand.

I do get a little squirrely around people starving for attention though.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:47 AM
To express that I have an issue with the stupidity of making these sorts of announcements. No one knows who these people are, for one, and for another it's almost 2015 and being gay today gives amazing cache and is no longer a stigma for public figures.

You're as likely to end up on a magazine for coming out than for your talent. All of One Direction's now being cheeky about it, James Franco keeps trying to force people into questioning his sexuality again cos he made such a farce of it.

It's now a circus.

I have some very good mates who are gay people. Just want to go to work, go to the shoppes, go to the pub and not be someone's new men's accessory. It's like they're a decent money clip to show off. Ridiculous.

That may be true in certain circles (major cities), but it's not as true in other areas. Gay kids still have extraordinarily high suicide rates and still face bullying etc...

...and clearly judging by some of the reactions here to threads like these, it's still an issue. I'm fine with people coming out as a way to be a role model to gay kids. It's not a circus, nor is it stupidity.

Common
12-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Common<----- proud to be a heterosexual

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 09:48 AM
That may be true in certain circles (major cities), but it's not as true in other areas. Gay kids still have extraordinarily high suicide rates and still face bullying etc...

...and clearly judging by some of the reactions here to threads like these, it's still an issue. I'm fine with people coming out as a way to be a role model to gay kids. It's not a circus, nor is it stupidity.

As do Cleveland Browns fans.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:49 AM
That doesn't work on me, I have no angst toward gay people. You do your thing, I'll do mine, life is grand.

It may be for attention of it may be for his own reasons.

Some people still do have angst when it comes to gays. So I think it's great that young gay kids can see a positive role model in a gay athelite.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 09:51 AM

Gays are trying to repackage their sexual perversion to young people as cool and trendy.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Gays are trying to repackage their sexual perversion to young people as cool and trendy.

See, here is a case in point.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 09:53 AM

What would we do without you making sure Mac-7 doesn't persecute the gays? You're a great guy.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 09:55 AM

Homosexuals are misguided people.

We should be helping children to grow up healthy and straight not gay and twisted.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:57 AM
What would we do without you making sure Mac-7 doesn't persecute the gays? You're a great guy.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants.

I'm merely pointing out the fact that gays still face idiots all the time.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 09:58 AM
He can do whatever the $#@! he wants.

Sometimes, life isn't fair and we face obstacles, trials etc. Do I really need to explain this to an adult?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Homosexuals are misguided people.

We should be helping children to grow up healthy and straight not gay and twisted.

There has always been a segment of the population that is gay. Gay people don't choose to be gay any more than you choose to be straight.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 09:59 AM
He can do whatever the $#@! he wants.

I never heard of this pervert till he made a public confession.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Sometimes, life isn't fair and we face obstacles, trials etc. Do I really need to explain this to an adult?

Yeah, sometimes life isn't fair, so why bother trying to make things easier on gay youth?

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 10:00 AM
There has always been a segment of the population that is gay. Gay people don't choose to be gay any more than you choose to be straight.

How about bank robbers?

Is that a genetic defect or learned behavior?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:01 AM
How about bank robbers?

Is that a genetic defect or learned behavior?

Seriously?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:01 AM
It may be for attention of it may be for his own reasons.

Some people still do have angst when it comes to gays. So I think it's great that young gay kids can see a positive role model in a gay athelite.

I kinda get that believe it or not.

It's one thing to express that one is not ashamed to be this or that, it's another thing to make it a one theme show.

I am many things, I don't hang my hat on just one of them.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:02 AM

I agree, I already pointed out there are bigots out there.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:03 AM
He can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Actually Mac is just looking for attention, it's a common theme with his posting track.

Mister D
Yeah, sometimes life isn't fair, so why bother trying to make things easier on gay youth?

Making things easier and holding their hand through life are two different things.

Paperback Writer

Suicide is the #2 cause of death among all teens and the numbers are the same for suicides, GLBT teens have more suicide attempts than their straight peers by 4x. See Trevor Project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/facts-about-suicide). Perhaps the problem is not acceptance in your sexuality but downplaying everyone's again. Rates are higher now that gays have traction in politics and social life than they were 50 years ago when they were wholly closeted.

I hate bringing up suicide because it is a psychological feature: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201004/the-six-reasons-people-attempt-suicide

Either gays and lesbians are born with chemical issues which cause psychological depression, or its the #4 on that last (makes sense since it is an attempt, not an actual desire to die)

The problem as I see it today is this incorrect notion we push on kids that they ought to be loved, liked, accepted and find their heart's desire. Reality is so far from that you'll only make people unhappy by setting up false paradigms.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Actually Mac is just looking for attention, it's a common theme with his posting track.

And he gets it from our caped crusader.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:04 AM
And he gets it from our caped crusader.

Who?

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 10:06 AM

Yes, why bother? It certainly won't happen in adult life when the tax man calls, you've lost a job because your factory was shipped off to China, or your auto broke down on the park.

Hearing about some gay swimmer is going to matter fuck all when you can't keep the lights on.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Seriously?

Seriously.

you claim that gays are born which hopefully lets the hedonists off the hook if any gay lures any child into the homosexual lifestyle.

because in lib la la land that means the poor kid was just born that way.

but that is illogical.

are bank robbers just products of their flawed genetic too?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Suicide is the #2 cause of death among all teens and the numbers are the same for suicides, GLBT teens have more suicide attempts than their straight peers by 4x. See Trevor Project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/facts-about-suicide). Perhaps the problem is not acceptance in your sexuality but downplaying everyone's again. Rates are higher now that gays have traction in politics and social life than they were 50 years ago when they were wholly closeted.

I hate bringing up suicide because it is a psychological feature: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201004/the-six-reasons-people-attempt-suicide

Either gays and lesbians are born with chemical issues which cause psychological depression, or its the #4 on that last (makes sense since it is an attempt, not an actual desire to die)

The problem as I see it today is this incorrect notion we push on kids that they ought to be loved, liked, accepted and find their heart's desire. Reality is so far from that you'll only make people unhappy by setting up false paradigms.

It's pretty clear that the depression gay kids go through has a lot to do with the self loathing they feel due to being different and the fear they have at being rejected by their friends and families.

I'd wager no one has actually read the letter in question. It does talk a lot about this.

I think for an athelite with some notoriety to relate his story in a magazine for gay athelites isn't a bad thing. Even if it helps one kid it's a good thing.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 10:12 AM

What "reaction" are people having to these threads? Are you under some mistake impression that to say that there are too many of these threads which are meaningless is somehow homophobic? I like cottage pie but if I ate it every day I'd be sick of it. Too much of anything is a boredom and you'll react by saying so.

As for the subject, the truth is you prolly don't know who these people are TrueBlue posts about and I doubt before she read it in a mag she knew who they were, either. I have no idea who they are and prolly gay teens don't cos they're less likely as teens to give fuck all about some swimmer. Bring on the boy bands and that's a different story.

By the way, did you show solidarity for gays and go out and buy the albums of those "country stars"?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Seriously.

you claim that gays are born which hopefully lets the hedonists off the hook if any gay lures any child into the homosexual lifestyle.

because in lib la la land that means the poor kid was just born that way.

but that is illogical.

are bank robbers just products of their flawed genetic too?

Did someone try to lure you?

Show me on the doll where they touched you.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
It's pretty clear that the depression gay kids go through has a lot to do with the self loathing they feel due to being different and the fear they have at being rejected by their friends and families.

I went through depression as a teen. Most teens are depressed. It's why suicide is the second leading cause of actual death for all of them. When you isolate children into gay or straight using circuses like this you enforce to them that they're "different" only now they're special instead of odd.

They're a beloved pet; still a category.

The goal is that they be seen as everyone else and quite frankly I don't see patronage as being supportive. It's condescending and a form of elitism, just a kinder version.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:19 AM
I went through depression as a teen. Most teens are depressed. It's why suicide is the second leading cause of actual death for all of them. When you isolate children into gay or straight using circuses like this you enforce to them that they're "different" only now they're special instead of odd.

They're a beloved pet; still a category.

The goal is that they be seen as everyone else and quite frankly I don't see patronage as being supportive. It's condescending and a form of elitism, just a kinder version.

What a load...

Why shouldn't they been seen as just like everyone else?

I think sometimes you just enjoy being contrary.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Who?

Sense of course.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Did someone try to lure you?

Show me on the doll where they touched you.

Now you are getting hysterical.

We are supposed to be discussing a public issue not attacking each other for homophobia or homosexual perversion.

so are bank robbers born that way or do they have a choice?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:21 AM

We are supposed to be discussing a public issue not attacking each other for homophobia or homosexual perversion.

Probably both to a degree.

I know, too complicated a concept for your walnut-sized intellect, it's not what Rush said.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:21 AM

We are supposed to be discussing a public issue not attacking each other for homophobia of homosexual perversion.

I'm mocking because I find your comparison ridiculous.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Sense of course.

lol! "Caped" - thought you meant me.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Sense of course.

It's true...I am Batman.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Probably both to a degree.

I know, too complicated a concept for your walnut-sized intellect, it's not what Rush said.

You are getting hysterical too.

If bank robbing is genetic then it is not the bank robbers fault and that would exempt them from punishment much like homosexuals are.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 10:33 AM
What a load...

Why shouldn't they been seen as just like everyone else?

I think sometimes you just enjoy being contrary.

Read my post. I said that gays ought to be seen as everyone else. When you isolate them to rub their heads and give them cookies, you're making them not like everyone else. That's a pet. That's not an equal.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Read my post. I said that gays ought to be seen as everyone else. When you isolate them to rub their heads and give them cookies, you're making them not like everyone else. That's a pet. That's not an equal.

Gays are not like everyone else.

or if they are society is in deep trouble.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 10:41 AM
You are getting hysterical too.

If bank robbing is genetic then it is not the bank robbers fault and that would exempt them from punishment much like homosexuals are.

:biglaugh:

It's whatever helps you sleep at night, how's that?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 10:44 AM

I don't see this as isolating them. They were isolated.

This is the case of a young man who has struggled with this issue writing a letter to gay sports magazine to relate his experience to other people who may be struggling with the same issue. Then it was posted to this message board where people summarily dismissed it and mocked it.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't see this as isolating them. They were isolated.

This is the case of a young man who has struggled with this issue writing a letter to gay sports magazine to relate his experience to other people who may be struggling with the same issue. Then it was posted to this message board where people summarily dismissed it and mocked it.

No one mocked it, they mocked TrueBlue for being a patronising and single-issue poster. I grew up after Culture Club, Pet Shop Boy, and Erasure. My classmates were openly gay. I'm not sure what gen you're from but I've done countless interviews and the modern youth just don't care about these things. That first 21 Jump Street movie did a take off on it cos it's true.

We had a gay lad (we're still best friends) and a handicapped lad in my class as a youth. Rather than allow Alastair to sit around all angsty and draw with the girls we forced him and Ollie to play footie. We teased both of them as we tease each other. Horrible names. That's what lads do.

People would say, "How cruel! They're picking on that boy with the limp!" Ollie always thanks me for making him play even if he fell. He thanks us for teasing him like anyone else and not making him feel different and Alastair isn't some caricature of gaydom. When he'd come to me and say someone teased him for being gay, I'd tell him to call them a ****. I didn't pat his head and defend him. He, too, thanks me for that.

Now, when the kebab shoppe hooligans hit him in the head with a piece of sidewalk, I did defend him. From words, I'd tell him just to give them a good routing!

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Kebab shoppe hooligans...:grin:

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:02 AM
No one mocked it, they mocked TrueBlue for being a patronising and single-issue poster. I grew up after Culture Club, Pet Shop Boy, and Erasure. My classmates were openly gay. I'm not sure what gen you're from but I've done countless interviews and the modern youth just don't care about these things. That first 21 Jump Street movie did a take off on it cos it's true.

We had a gay lad (we're still best friends) and a handicapped lad in my class as a youth. Rather than allow Alastair to sit around all angsty and draw with the girls we forced him and Ollie to play footie. We teased both of them as we tease each other. Horrible names. That's what lads do.

People would say, "How cruel! They're picking on that boy with the limp!" Ollie always thanks me for making him play even if he fell. He thanks us for teasing him like anyone else and not making him feel different and Alastair isn't some caricature of gaydom. When he'd come to me and say someone teased him for being gay, I'd tell him to call them a ****. I didn't pat his head and defend him. He, too, thanks me for that.

Now, when the kebab shoppe hooligans hit him in the head with a piece of sidewalk, I did defend him. From words, I'd tell him just to give them a good routing!

Nothing said gay like the Pet Shop Boys, that's for fucking sure.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I will now confess that I like some WHAM! songs. :embarrassed:

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Nothing said gay like the Pet Shop Boys, that's for fucking sure.

My mum would play them over and over along with Depeche Mode. Gads, I hate Personal Jesus to this day.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I will now confess that I like some WHAM! songs. :embarrassed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EdCNjumvI

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:13 AM
My mum says you're either a WHAM fan or Culture Club. We were a Culture Club household.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:16 AM
My mum says you're either a WHAM fan or Culture Club. We were a Culture Club household.

I like Culture Club too but when I recently found out that George wrote Karma Chameleon about the drummer it just hasn't been the same.

The Xl
12-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Okay. ::Shrugs::

Doesn't matter to me either way.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:17 AM
I like Culture Club too but when I recently found out that George wrote Karma Chameleon about the drummer it just hasn't been the same.

Did you not think he was gay? All done up like that?

PolWatch
12-16-2014, 11:17 AM

Mr D...you never fail to amaze me....

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Okay. ::Shrugs::

Doesn't matter to me either way.
The Xl

so you have no opine? What WHAM song ranks with anything in Culture Club's catalogue?

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Did you not think he was gay? All done up like that?

Oh for sure. It's just that I really didn't need to know the details about the song but I kept reading so it was my fault.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:20 AM
David Bowie, however, is not gay. That did surprise me.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 11:22 AM

Well he does admit he had gay relationships. There are claims that he and Mick Jagger were together.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:23 AM

I do think the rumour was that he and Iggy Pop had a wild fling, however. Although Iggy implied he wasn't gay and just pretended to steal his ideas.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Well he does admit he had gay relationships. There are claims that he and Mick Jagger were together.

Yeah, from what I understand Bowie was all about pushing boundaries.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:24 AM
I do think the rumour was that he and Iggy Pop had a wild fling, however. Although Iggy implied he wasn't gay and just pretended to steal his ideas.

With all that drug abuse I'd imagine anything could happen. lol

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:25 AM

They both deny it. It was part of divorce proceedings when Bianca wanted to get more money out of Mick. Iggy's the only confirm we have.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:25 AM
And Rod Stewart is bi, correct?

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 11:26 AM
They both deny it. It was part of divorce proceedings when Bianca wanted to get more money out of Mick. Iggy's the only confirm we have.

Except that Bowie has admitted to being bisexual. It was his first wife Angie that made the claims she found the two in bed.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 11:28 AM
I thought everyone either suffered from the homosexual gene or they were straight?

Your own examples of Bowie and Jagger make my question about bank robbers make sense.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 11:29 AM

Not according to him.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Not according to him.

Oh, he's straight? I thought he wasn't and had admitted as much at some point.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOn5uJptnY

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Oh, he's straight? I thought he wasn't and had admitted as much at some point.

No, there was a rumor that he had to have his stomach pumped because he blew a gang of sailors. He knows who started the rumor and claims he is as straight as one can be.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:31 AM
I thought everyone either suffered from the homosexual gene or they were straight?

Your own examples of Bowie and Jagger make my question about bank robbers make sense.

So which side of the family did you inherit the dumbfuckery chromosome from?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:32 AM
No, there was a rumor that he had to have his stomach pumped because he blew a gang of sailors. He knows who started the rumor and claims he is as straight as one can be.

I remember hearing that when I was a kid.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:33 AM

His demeanor didn't help squash that rumor, I suppose.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:34 AM
I remember hearing that when I was a kid.

Blew a gang of sailors LOL

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Blew a gang of sailors LOL

The story was that he had to have his stomach pumped from all the semen that he took in.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM
The story was that he had to have his stomach pumped from all the semen that he took in.

LOL Oh dear...

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM
So which side of the family did you inherit the dumbfuckery chromosome from?

As usual the mods let you break the rules about personal attacks.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Except that Bowie has admitted to being bisexual. It was his first wife Angie that made the claims she found the two in bed.

She was brought into the Jagger divorce proceedings, but again Bowie and Jagger deny it. Bowie only admitted to Iggy Pop but has since said he's a straight man who played with sexuality for the sake of art.

I take that to mean he did a lot of drugs once.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Considering that Rod Stewart is constantly being drawn into the courts in a paternity suit and continues to marry young women I find this doubtful. On a side note, he's quite lucky to be a pop star for he's bloody awful looking.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:42 AM
As usual the mods let you break the rules about personal attacks.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/eastms/Untitled_zps3aa47b4d.png (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/eastms/media/Untitled_zps3aa47b4d.png.html)

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 11:43 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/eastms/Untitled_zps3aa47b4d.png (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/eastms/media/Untitled_zps3aa47b4d.png.html)

I have never reported anyone.

but I see what you're up to.

you want to goad me into responding so that you can report me.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:45 AM

Right - you'd rather whine and complain about injustices.

Better attention getter.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:46 AM
I'd say of the openly gay pop bands of the 80's my favourites are either New Order or the Pet Shop Boys. It's a Sin, is a definite classic.

nic34
12-16-2014, 11:47 AM

Are you sure you were born heterosexual, or did someone turn you?

See, ignorant comments work both ways....

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Right - you'd rather whine and complain about injustices.

Better attention getter.

Sorry if my expecting libs like you to obey the same rules I have to obey sounds like whining to you.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Are you sure you were born heterosexual, or did someone turn you?

See, ignorant comments work both ways....

Heterosexual is the normal human condition.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:48 AM

but I see what you're up to.

you want to goad me into responding so that you can report me.

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids...

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:49 AM
I'd say of the openly gay pop bands of the 80's my favourites are either New Order or the Pet Shop Boys. It's a Sin, is a definite classic.

I was listening to a one hit wonder called Flock of Seagulls. Remember that song "I Ran"? They looked pretty damn gay but it was New Wave so you can't really tell.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU

nic34
12-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Pet Shop Boys.... Tennant is, but Lowe, not sure.

And what do think of Morrissey?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2014, 11:51 AM
I was listening to a one hit wonder called Flock of Seagulls. Remember that song "I Ran"? They looked pretty damn gay but it was New Wave so you can't really tell.

I dig that song.

I also get a kick out of how many "kids" have never heard of it or them.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
I dig that song.

I also get a kick out of how many "kids" have never heard of it or them.

I was 6 or 7 when I first saw that video. I'm sentimental about early MTV.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM

That was a good pop bit. I don't think they were gay. I actually don't think Depeche Mode are all gay, either. Definitely WHAM though I'm not sure how Old George got away with fooling everyone for so long. Boy George constantly tried to out him.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Pet Shop Boys.... Tennant is, but Lowe, not sure.

They both are. One is just a quieter bloke about it.

And what do think of Morrissey?

I think he should shut his cakehole about the Queen.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 11:54 AM
And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids...

The mods are the only reason you get away with anything around here, not meddling kids.

Mister D
12-16-2014, 11:56 AM
That was a good pop bit. I don't think they were gay. I actually don't think Depeche Mode are all gay, either. Definitely WHAM though I'm not sure how Old George got away with fooling everyone for so long. Boy George constantly tried to out him.

I'm not sure why gays do that to each other. Seems like a pretty shitty thing to do if someone really isn't comfortable coming out.

Captain Obvious
The mods are the only reason you get away with anything around here, not meddling kids.

http://menstrupedia.com/assets/quickguide/hygiene/sanitary-dispose.jpg

nic34
I'm sentimental about early MTV.

Agree.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 11:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV__F2IzYk8

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 12:00 PM
http://menstrupedia.com/assets/quickguide/hygiene/sanitary-dispose.jpg

Speechless again.

if it weren't for the cartoon channel you would be in deep trouble.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Speechless again.

if it weren't for the cartoon channel you would be in deep trouble.

Oh would you just change your tampon for Christ's sake already.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Do mods have superpowers now? Can they see into every thread without actually logging on? Don't be so ridiculous.

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Do mods have superpowers now? Can they see into every thread without actually logging on? Don't be so ridiculous.

They see what they want to see and ignore when they want to.

The mods don't just lay around on their cloud waiting for a report to come in.

Common Sense
12-16-2014, 12:07 PM

Well you are an oppressed white conservative.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 12:09 PM

I think they prolly do. It's an unpaid position which would make me feel behooved to do the bare minimum. Seriously are you a communist or something?

Why work hard if you're not paid for it?

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 12:14 PM
I think they prolly do. It's an unpaid position which would make me feel behooved to do the bare minimum. Seriously are you a communist or something?

Why work hard if you're not paid for it?

So you think the mods only show up on these threads when a lib sends them a report?

I read mod comments all the time on practically every thread I go to.

So I know they are around.

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 12:16 PM
So you think the mods only show up on these threads when a lib sends them a report?

I read mod comments all the time on practically every thread I go to.

So I know they are around.

I only read comments in threads I participate in. I have no idea what goes on in other ones nor do I know what's happening if I'm not logged on is my point.

You expect a lot of effort from people who are unpaid, so I ask if you play for kilgram's communist team or do you have some realisation that the unpaid worker is less inclined to break a sweat than one who is?

PolWatch
12-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Capt. O has been banned from this thread for violation of Rule #5. Please remain on topic and try to play nicely together!

Paperback Writer
12-16-2014, 12:22 PM
I expect the mods to enforce the rules equally.

But what I often find are sick people like the Captain breaking the rules without consequences.

Then use the report button and see what happens, is my point. You cannot expect them to comb through every post on every thread.

Adelaide
12-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Mac-7 has been banned from this thread.

Questioning moderation is against the rules. Use the PM system if you have a problem.

silvereyes
12-16-2014, 12:55 PM
He was always "open" about it.

Flock of seagulls is considered a one hit wonder? Since when?

silvereyes
12-16-2014, 12:59 PM

Do you want cheese or chocolate with your whine?

If it's not reported then they don't have to step in.

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 01:42 PM

And those people who are starving for attention sure shows when they make postings questioning why people come out as Gay, etc. It's none of their business why they come out as Gay. They need to concentrate on Heterosexual issues if that is their main interest and their bag and leave LGBT issues alone. Only they won't because they love the attention they get in questioning why a swimmer would come out as Gay or a movie star or another athlete, etc. They came out because they are Proud and because it sets an example for younger LGBT kids that staying in the closet is not the way to go anymore and that if they can do it there should be no fear in that rather than to continue to live a repressed life. That is why many come out, to teach by example the freedom that follows their Coming Out. I commend them for it.

Codename Section
12-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Or maybe we're just trying to subtly tell you that you make too many of the same thread types. You're turning into Cigar.

TrueBlue
12-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Or maybe we're just trying to subtly tell you that you make too many of the same thread types. You're turning into Cigar.
Then please don't read them. There will ALWAYS be Gay threads as long as there are Gay people around and Gay issues. You need to know and understand that already or do you think some people are incapable?

Perhaps now is the time to ask the ADMIN to weigh in on this issue once and for all. Do you agree?

pjohns
12-17-2014, 02:13 AM
Oh, here is just one more example: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36425-Why-You-Shouldn-t-Donate-to-the-Salvation-Army-Bell-Ringers

Codename Section
12-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Then please don't read them. There will ALWAYS be Gay threads as long as there are Gay people around and Gay issues. You need to know and understand that already or do you think some people are incapable?

Perhaps now is the time to ask the ADMIN to weigh in on this issue once and for all. Do you agree?

Weigh in on what? No one is obviously stopping you from making them. You just don't like what people have to say in them.

pjohns
12-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Oh, and yet another example: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36537-U-S-South-Benefits-From-Apple-s-Tim-Cook-s-Generous-Donation

I think this is what is known as identity politics...

Peter1469
12-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Where are the unicorns? That would make this story perfect!

Mr. Right
12-19-2014, 08:19 AM

It, to most isn't really a wonderful thing. Gay men statisticly don't live as long as straight men, they have more mental issues, and are more likely to be injected with body fluids that cause STDs like HIV and herpes.

Peter1469
12-19-2014, 08:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6szE_qmzavQ

Common Sense
12-19-2014, 08:57 AM
It, to most isn't really a wonderful thing. Gay men statisticly don't live as long as straight men, they have more mental issues, and are more likely to be injected with body fluids that cause STDs like HIV and herpes.

Injected with body fluids?

Paperback Writer
12-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Injected with body fluids?

Semen injection.

He put it with a sad sort of humour but it's true that anal sex is more likely to transmit a blood-born disease like Hep C or HIV. It's why lesbians are the least-likely group to have HIV and male homosexuals the highly likely group to transmit or receive it.

pjohns
12-20-2014, 01:44 AM
And still another thread by the same poster on the subject of homosexuality: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/36568-BREAKING!-SCOTUS-Rules-Against-Florida-s-Request-for-Stay-on-Same-Sex-Marriage

The term, "Johnny One-Note," leaps to mind...