PDA

View Full Version : Obama lies about Sony to puff himself up

Mac-7
12-20-2014, 05:07 AM
The wimp in chief attacked Sony for pulling "The Interview" when in fact it was US theater chains not Sony who were afraid to show it.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/media/sony-executive-michael-lynton-responds-to-president-obama/index.html

Green Arrow
12-20-2014, 06:29 AM
Mistake =/= lie.

hanger4
12-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Mistake =/= lie.

More like

Stupid =/= mistake

Mac-7
12-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Obama also said "they should have asked me" but Sony says they were in contact with the administration.

So is Obama a liar or just ignorant of what goes on under his very nose?

hanger4
12-20-2014, 08:03 AM
Obama also said "they should have asked me" but Sony says they were in contact with the administration.

Yes

hanger4
12-20-2014, 08:14 AM
What Obama did do is criticize Sony's censorship decision to pull 'The Interview' yet supported censorship for a film blamed for Benghazi the“Innocence of Muslims.” The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

Just watched GMA's puff piece supporting Obama's chest thumping and some Lollywooders without a mention of his and their contradiction. Who'd a thunk.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Sony doesn't censor. It is a private business.

hanger4
12-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Sony doesn't censor. It is a private business.

Then if you could, would or care to ..... add "self-" to "censorship". :)

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Then if you could, would or care to ..... add "self-" to "censorship". :)

The invocation of the word censorship is to somehow get the Constitution into the issue.

hanger4
12-20-2014, 09:07 AM
The invocation of the word censorship is to somehow get the Constitution into the issue.

Didn't mean it in that context. Just pointing out Obama criticizing one group for doing what he asked another to do. I shall endeavor to be more concise in the future. :)

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Didn't mean it in that context. Just pointing out Obama criticizing one group for doing what he asked another to do. I shall endeavor to be more concise in the future. :)

I would expect so, otherwise the word is not very useful.

hanger4
12-20-2014, 09:30 AM
I would expect so, otherwise the word is not very useful.

> fist-bump <

domer76
12-20-2014, 09:33 AM
The wimp in chief attacked Sony for pulling "The Interview" when in fact it was US theater chains not Sony who were afraid to show it.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/19/media/sony-executive-michael-lynton-responds-to-president-obama/index.html

Man, that was some kind of attack! Ferocious, mind-numbing, to-the-bone hysterical attack on Sony!!

"Yes, I think they made a mistake" is an attack? Holy shit, Mac! What do you call a REAL attack on someone? Or is it just Obama? (again)

Common Sense
12-20-2014, 09:34 AM
LOL...stupid thread.

Bo-4
12-20-2014, 09:44 AM

Obama is correct. If the theater chains refused to show it, Sony shouldn't have come straight out and said "we have no further plans for this movie".

Nope, they should have said nothing, grown a pair and after buttoning up their security ... released it on DVD.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 09:59 AM
They will release it at some point.

Matty
12-20-2014, 10:09 AM

Oh gwad! Why do you even ask that question. I cannot think of a single thing he hasn't lied about. It 😱 is pathological

Crepitus
12-20-2014, 10:44 AM
I just have to laugh at these threads. You people are so completely brainwashed by the right wing noise machine that they don't even have to feed you talking points anymore. You're so conditioned that you automatically see everything in the worst possible light and assume it's president Obama's fault no matter how little sense it makes or how much evidence there is to the contrary. I laugh because if I didn't I'd have to cry.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 10:53 AM
I just have to laugh at these threads. You people are so completely brainwashed by the right wing noise machine that they don't even have to feed you talking points anymore. You're so conditioned that you automatically see everything in the worst possible light and assume it's president Obama's fault no matter how little sense it makes or how much evidence there is to the contrary. I laugh because if I didn't I'd have to cry.
Strange. Others say the forum is left wing. Right Matalese?

Matty
12-20-2014, 10:53 AM
so stupid obama inserted himself why? Did somebody in N. Korea resemble his son?

Crepitus
12-20-2014, 10:55 AM
so stupid obama inserted himself why? Did somebody in N. Korea resemble his son?
Thanks for making my point.

hanger4
Sure is fun watching the bamabots ignoring Obama's hypocrisy on this issue. :)

Matty
Strange. Others say the forum is left wing. Right @Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796)?
The entire moderation staff and vip lounge is made up of rabid left wingers except for CodenameSection!

Crepitus
12-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Strange. Others say the forum is left wing. Right Matalese?

I was referring specifically to our conservative members. I think the forum as a whole is pretty evenly split.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:00 AM
The entire moderation staff and vip lounge is made up of rabid left wingers except for CodenameSection!

That is what I thought Matty!

Bo-4
12-20-2014, 11:01 AM

Peter is a rabid left winger? :rolleyes:

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Peter is a rabid left winger? :rolleyes:

Yes. Matty said so. :smiley:

Matty
12-20-2014, 11:02 AM
That is what I thought Matty!

That is good because it happens to be true. Even PAperbackWriter recognizes it!

Common Sense
12-20-2014, 11:03 AM

LOL...then WTF does that make me??? :)

Matty
12-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Whenever you wish to punish a political party it is always the Republicans! I rest my case.

Common Sense
12-20-2014, 11:04 AM
That is good because it happens to be true. Even PAperbackWriter recognizes it!

I thought you didn't care what foreigners thought.

PolWatch
12-20-2014, 11:05 AM
I wonder if Cthulhu & Dark Mistress know they are rabid left wingers?

Matty
12-20-2014, 11:05 AM
I thought you didn't care what foreigners thought.

About US policy! Pay close attention!

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Whenever you wish to punish a political party it is always the Republicans! I rest my case.

The GOP leans left. They are statists.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Cthulhu & Dark Mistress know they are rabid left wingers?

I am an especially rabid left winger. Ask Matty. :smiley:

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:17 AM
LOL...then WTF does that make me??? :)

Hopeless?

PolWatch
12-20-2014, 11:19 AM

I'm shocked...btw: when did Libertarians become left wingers (rabid or otherwise?) I always thought they swayed a bit to right....

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm shocked...btw: when did Libertarians become left wingers (rabid or otherwise?) I always thought they swayed a bit to right....

Matty sez so.

Matty
12-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes you are!

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes you are!

Can I quote you? There are many silly members who make the false claim that I am hard right. :smiley:

Matty
12-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Can I quote you? There are many silly members who make the false claim that I am hard right. :smiley:
Yes and ask Paperback too!

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Yes and ask Paperback too!

OK!

Mac-7
12-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Man, that was some kind of attack! Ferocious, mind-numbing, to-the-bone hysterical attack on Sony!!

"Yes, I think they made a mistake" is an attack? Holy $#@!, Mac! What do you call a REAL attack on someone? Or is it just Obama? (again)

Is Sony responsible for protecting the country from cyber attack?

I think obumer is.

Anyway he was not so brave when his cousins were killing 4 Americans in Bengazi and he was blaming a movie for inciting them to violence.

Mac-7
12-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Obama is correct. If the theater chains refused to show it, Sony shouldn't have come straight out and said "we have no further plans for this movie".

Nope, they should have said nothing, grown a pair and after buttoning up their security ... released it on DVD.

Obama did not have his facts straight because Sony could not show a film in theaters where the owners refused it.

But after he gets back from vacation and if he's not fundraising he could find time to buy the film from Sony and release it into the public domain.

Or maybe not since the North Koreans might go after him instead of sony.

Dr. Who
12-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Really, Matalese. Most of us are entirely wingless.

Cigar
12-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Obama did not have his facts straight because Sony could not show a film in theaters where the owners refused it.

But after he gets back from vacation and if he's not fundraising he could find time to buy the film from Sony and release it into the public domain.

Or maybe not since the North Koreans might go after him instead of sony.

Read'em and weep, Fox "News"! But tell me again how Obamacare is bad for America...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5MtaXNCUAARa-J.jpg

hanger4
12-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Read'em and weep, Fox "News"! But tell me again how Obamacare is bad for America...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5MtaXNCUAARa-J.jpg

This thread ain't bout ACA Cigar try and keep up. It's about Obama hypocrisy of which you know a lot about cause you tend to ignore or run from.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Read'em and weep, Fox "News"!

But tell me again how Obamacare is bad for America...

Provide a link. Or the Hole.

Green Arrow
12-20-2014, 07:08 PM

Not really. Censorship has nothing to do with the constitution unless it's a government censoring.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Not really. Censorship has nothing to do with the constitution unless it's a government censoring.

That is my point.

Green Arrow
12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
That is my point.

I don't understand your point, then. Sony pulling a movie out of fear of its content is still censorship, whether or not they are a private business is irrelevant.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't understand your point, then. Sony pulling a movie out of fear of its content is still censorship, whether or not they are a private business is irrelevant.

The word censorship, outside of a Constitutional context is meaningless. I made a poem and refuse to share it with you. That is not censorship, that is tough shit.

Green Arrow
12-20-2014, 07:33 PM
The word censorship, outside of a Constitutional context is meaningless. I made a poem and refuse to share it with you. That is not censorship, that is tough shit.

That's not censorship, agreed. This circumstance is, however. Sony made a movie. People not Sony are refusing to show that movie out of fear for its content.

THAT is censorship. It's the "why" that makes it censorship.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 07:37 PM
That's not censorship, agreed. This circumstance is, however. Sony made a movie. People not Sony are refusing to show that movie out of fear for its content.

THAT is censorship. It's the "why" that makes it censorship.

Disagreed. Theaters chose not to air the film because their insurance companies would not cover a terror attack on the theater. That was an intelligent business decision.

Green Arrow
12-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Disagreed. Theaters chose not to air the film because their insurance companies would not cover a terror attack on the theater. That was an intelligent business decision.

It was a cowardly one. Now we've effectively goven our society over to fear of inept worms that will never be capable of following through with their threats. That will lose them more money than it will save them in the long run.

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 07:50 PM
It was a cowardly one. Now we've effectively goven our society over to fear of inept worms that will never be capable of following through with their threats. That will lose them more money than it will save them in the long run.

I imagine that they will make money off the film somehow.

By all accounts it is a suck ass film anyway.

PolWatch
12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
It's getting lots of free publicity...they will end up making $$$ off of it. Without all this to-do, the movie would have probably been a loser...imho

Peter1469
12-20-2014, 07:58 PM
This is North Korea crying out for attention. The perfect response would be complete silence.

domer76
12-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Oh gwad! Why do you even ask that question. I cannot think of a single thing he hasn't lied about. It  is pathological

I think you and Mac should look inward on the pathological thing.

ace's n 8's
12-21-2014, 06:56 AM

So is Obama a liar or just ignorant of what goes on under his very nose?Dont you think that was a large display of narcissistic arrogance on Obama's part? AND, WHY, is Obama even getting himself involved in this matter, it's only inherently obvious he hasn't a clue about the facts of this issue.. . .As usual.

Mac-7
12-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Dont you think that was a large display of narcissistic arrogance on Obama's part? .

I do.

obama sent his lackeys out to grovel to Arab wackos over a movie about that false prophet that they found offensive.

But here he blasts Sony for not taking on the insane North Koreans in hand to hand combat.

What a putz.