PDA

View Full Version : Meet Juan Williams's Republican son

Bob
12-22-2014, 09:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/juan-williams--son-on-why-he-became-a-republican-040631869.html
snip (read the entire article)
One of the RNC’s hires was Raffi Williams, the youngest son of veteran Washington journalist and pundit Juan Williams. Author of a highly praised book on the civil rights movement, the elder Williams is now best known as a fixture on Fox News, though he spent most of his career at the Washington Post and National Public Radio.
Whereas the elder Williams became known for holding a handful of conservative views mixed with traditional Democratic ones, Raffi —the youngest of his three children — isn't hedging his beliefs: He's a proud Republican.
And while his dad cut his teeth on covering the civil rights movement and metro stories in Washington, the 26-year-old Raffi is taking up the conservative media portfolio for the RNC. It falls to him to grapple with websites like Breitbart News and the Daily Caller that have come from nowhere over the past few years and now play a significant role in reflecting and shaping the zeitgeist of the conservative movement online.
Raffi Williams agreed to talk with Yahoo News about why he is a Republican, why he ended up in a different political party than his father, and what he thinks the party can do to attract more people like him.

sachem
12-22-2014, 10:12 PM
It has been known to happen, children having different political beliefs than their parents.

Safety
12-22-2014, 10:25 PM
It has been known to happen, children having different political beliefs than their parents.

Yep...I wonder what Ron Reagan is doing these days...

sachem
12-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Yep...I wonder what Ron Reagan is doing these days...I forgot about him.

ace's n 8's
12-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Yep...I wonder what Ron Reagan is doing these days...Ronald Reagan was Democrat, before he was a Republican.

ace's n 8's
12-22-2014, 10:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/juan-williams--son-on-why-he-became-a-republican-040631869.html
snip (read the entire article)
One of the RNC’s hires was Raffi Williams, the youngest son of veteran Washington journalist and pundit Juan Williams. Author of a highly praised book on the civil rights movement, the elder Williams is now best known as a fixture on Fox News, though he spent most of his career at the Washington Post and National Public Radio.
Whereas the elder Williams became known for holding a handful of conservative views mixed with traditional Democratic ones, Raffi —the youngest of his three children — isn't hedging his beliefs: He's a proud Republican.
And while his dad cut his teeth on covering the civil rights movement and metro stories in Washington, the 26-year-old Raffi is taking up the conservative media portfolio for the RNC. It falls to him to grapple with websites like Breitbart News and the Daily Caller that have come from nowhere over the past few years and now play a significant role in reflecting and shaping the zeitgeist of the conservative movement online.
Raffi Williams agreed to talk with Yahoo News about why he is a Republican, why he ended up in a different political party than his father, and what he thinks the party can do to attract more people like him.I like Juan Williams, he seems to be a level headed leftist, and that is rare.

sachem
12-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Ronald Reagan was Democrat, before he was a Republican.
Yes he was. But his son Ron wasn't alive at that time.

ace's n 8's
12-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Yes he was. But his son Ron wasn't alive at that time.That's right, which actually is irrelevant, anyone can vote and stand with any political party they wish, and I dont have a problem with that at all.

My problem is with those that cast a vote for a blackman just so they dont get called a racist, which is essentially an uninformed voter.

That's what gets in my crawl.

del
12-22-2014, 11:03 PM
That's right, which actually is irrelevant, anyone can vote and stand with any political party they wish, and I dont have a problem with that at all.

My problem is with those that cast a vote for a blackman just so they dont get called a racist, which is essentially an uninformed voter.

That's what gets in my crawl.

where i live we have this thing called a *secret ballot*

you should check it out

sachem
12-22-2014, 11:07 PM
That's right, which actually is irrelevant, anyone can vote and stand with any political party they wish, and I dont have a problem with that at all.

That's what gets in my crawl.Of course they can. Nobody said they couldn't.

Your problem isn't the topic of this thread.

sachem
12-22-2014, 11:07 PM

you should check it outWe have one of those as well.

ace's n 8's
12-22-2014, 11:16 PM

you should check it outWhich means what?

ace's n 8's
12-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Of course they can. Nobody said they couldn't.

Your problem isn't the topic of this thread.NOPE,, it sure isn't, But I thought I'd throw that in, just because I can.

Bob
12-23-2014, 01:44 AM
I forgot about him.

Don't worry, Mike and his mom are very loyal to the former president Reagan. I sure miss Ronald Reagan.

Bob
12-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Yes he was. But his son Ron wasn't alive at that time.

Ron's issue was not politics. He was a son that simply hates his own father.

Bob
12-23-2014, 01:50 AM
I like Juan Williams, he seems to be a level headed leftist, and that is rare.

He comes across to me as if he is almost sorry he supports Democrats.

sachem
12-23-2014, 02:06 AM
Ron's issue was not politics. He was a son that simply hates his own father.Don't care what his issue was, assuming he had one. His politics were different than his fathers.

sachem
12-23-2014, 02:11 AM
Don't worry, Mike and his mom are very loyal to the former president Reagan. I sure miss Ronald Reagan.Mike's mom is dead. You must mean his step mom Nancy.

I don't miss Ronald Reagan. He made my skin crawl.

Bob
Don't care what his issue was, assuming he had one. His politics were different than his fathers.

Come on, don't shit me. LMAO Was that pleasing to you? Ron is a bastard son.

sachem
NOPE,, it sure isn't, But I thought I'd throw that in, just because I can.Ok then.

sachem
12-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Come on, don't shit me. LMAO Was that pleasing to you? Ron is a bastard son.His father wasn't married to his mother?

Bob
12-23-2014, 02:16 AM
Mike's mom is dead. You must mean his step mom Nancy.

I don't miss Ronald Reagan. He made my skin crawl.

Yes, his step mom. To him, she is his mom.

You mean this nations best all time president got you upset?

This is true.

For Governor, I was still a democrat, hated his guts (just like you) and voted for the Democrat. Reagan won but turned out to be an awesome governor. By the time he ran for President, Democrats had lost my vote so I voted for Reagan. Best president of all times. I voted for Carter, predicted he would fix the economy and take the nation out of the doldrums and shame, but he never did. When he banned our olympians from going to the olympics that made me mad.

Bob
12-23-2014, 02:17 AM
His father wasn't married to his mother?

Oh you have the wrong idea. I mean his personality. And he is a traitor to his father and mother.

sachem
12-23-2014, 02:20 AM
Yes, his step mom. To him, she is his mom.

You mean this nations best all time president got you upset?

This is true.

For Governor, I was still a democrat, hated his guts (just like you) and voted for the Democrat. Reagan won but turned out to be an awesome governor. By the time he ran for President, Democrats had lost my vote so I voted for Reagan. Best president of all times. I voted for Carter, predicted he would fix the economy and take the nation out of the doldrums and shame, but he never did. When he banned our olympians from going to the olympics that made me mad."To him, she is his mom". Gag me with a spoon.

Coolidge never got me upset.

Safety
12-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Oh you have the wrong idea. I mean his personality. And he is a traitor to his father and mother.

Because he decided to think for himself and not just follow footsteps? Do you think Juan's son is a traitor to his father, or does treason only flow in one direction with you?

sachem
12-23-2014, 02:22 AM
Oh you have the wrong idea. I mean his personality. And he is a traitor to his father and mother.Traitor? WTF? He owes them nothing. Which is apparently what he got from them.

Bob
12-23-2014, 02:57 AM
Traitor? WTF? He owes them nothing. Which is apparently what he got from them.

I see you operate as he does. I loved Mom and Dad. Even as a kid I knew they were awesome.

Ronald Reagan and Jane make me proud I voted for Ron.

I have been to his grave too.

Bob
12-23-2014, 02:59 AM
Because he decided to think for himself and not just follow footsteps? Do you think Juan's son is a traitor to his father, or does treason only flow in one direction with you?

It is not Ron's politics, it is the brutal way he turned against his parents. I suppose politically, Juan's son is one also. But my feeling is based on how Ron shit all over his own father. Juan's son is not like that.

sachem
12-23-2014, 08:25 AM
I see you operate as he does. I loved Mom and Dad. Even as a kid I knew they were awesome.

Ronald Reagan and Jane make me proud I voted for Ron.

I have been to his grave too.Ron's mom is Nancy. I find it difficult to give credence to anything you say when you can't even get the players correct.

Sorry. Bob. We have no idea of the inner dynamics of the Reagan family. Ron's difference in politics could be a result of normal rebellion or any other number of things.

I haven't been to his grave. Don't plan on going either.

Matty
12-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Ron's mom is Nancy. I find it difficult to give credence to anything you say when you can't even get the players correct.

Sorry. Bob. We have no idea of the inner dynamics of the Reagan family. Ron's difference in politics could be a result of normal rebellion or any other number of things.

I haven't been to his grave. Don't plan on going either.
A. He was talking about the elder Ron. The President. And, B. Jane Wyman was his first wife. Nancy Davis is Ron the son's mother.

sachem
12-23-2014, 08:44 AM
A. He was talking about the elder Ron. The President. And, B. Jane Wyman was his first wife. Nancy Davis is Ron the son's mother.Very good. I know that and have posted such in this thread.

Matty
12-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Good. Bob's credibility is intact. Yours is frayed.

sachem
12-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Good. Bob's credibility is intact. Yours is frayed.I see you don't get it either. No problem. It's Christmas time. I'm forgiving of foolish posts. Ramble on.

Ransom
12-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I've heard him speak, quite an opposite tact from his Dad. Williams is good people though, I don't necessarily agree with his politics, but he's a genuine Dude. His son as well.

Bo-4
12-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Juan is not a Dem. He's a faux Fox plant pretending to be one. But he did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night! ;-)