PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Cereal

Common
12-31-2014, 11:57 PM
I was in publix shopping the other day and I saw this new cereal they had. Whole Grain low sugar, good fiber, no trans fat, No artificial preservatives, color or flavor, produced in Ontario

The name is Weetabix, its horrible. It doesnt taste bad but it turns into a soft mushy mess, with a lousy texture. Its like eating tissue paper thats been soaking in water.

Redrose
01-01-2015, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the warning. Sounds like wallpaper paste.

Adelaide
01-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Never even heard of it.

Common
01-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Never even heard of it.

Thats weird and your from canada.

Manufactured by the Weetabix Food Company Limited
Ontario Canada

Has a website weetabixusa.com

del
01-01-2015, 01:09 AM
weetabix has been around a long time

it does taste like sticks

Redrose
01-01-2015, 02:04 AM

Looks like particle board. Add a little SPAM to that and some powdered milk for a perfect barf!

Captain Obvious
01-01-2015, 03:24 AM
I was in publix shopping the other day and I saw this new cereal they had. Whole Grain low sugar, good fiber, no trans fat, No artificial preservatives, color or flavor, produced in Ontario

The name is Weetabix, its horrible. It doesnt taste bad but it turns into a soft mushy mess, with a lousy texture. Its like eating tissue paper thats been soaking in water.

That pretty much describes most breakfast cereal.

Bob
01-01-2015, 06:31 AM

That is a shame since I rather enjoy eating tissue paper soaked in water. :grin:

Bob
01-01-2015, 06:33 AM
I have oats in my breakfast meal very often. I find Cheerios, of all things, does the trick. I buy the multigrain Cheerios and it remains a bit crunchy as I eat it.

Bob
01-01-2015, 06:35 AM

Looks like particle board. Add a little SPAM to that and some powdered milk for a perfect barf!

I did not expect the "chunks" to be that huge. It has to turn into mush just to fit your mouth. If it tastes okay, just eat it so long as it fits your notion of good nutrition.