PDA

View Full Version : Eugenics Laws On The Books in North Carolina

Conley
06-22-2011, 11:42 PM
until 2003 :o

I guess they stopped doing it in the 70s, but still, it surprised me

Eugenics laws allowed more than thirty states to sterilize people "undeemed to breed" for nearly a century. While it is irrevocably associated with the super-race fetish and ethnic cleansing of Nazi Germany, the so-called science of eugenics is actually an American distortion of medical science. Much of the murky original research and theories of how societies might take control of their own gene pools to increase the numbers of intelligent people—and eliminate those deemed feeble-minded—took place on Long Island, at the same laborotory where DNA was first identified.

http://www.thetakeaway.org/2011/jun/22/north-carolina-comes-terms-history-forced-sterilizations/

Mister D
06-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Yeah, that has its roots in the US. Many states had such laws on the books. Now when I deal with all these imbeciles online I start wondering about what could have been... :D

Seriously, even Planned Parenthood got its start under the egenics umbrella, so to speak. It's not as creepy as it sounds though. The Nazis gave it a bad name but what didn't they give a bad name to?

Conley
06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
we need Oz to chime in here!

Conley
06-23-2011, 08:23 AM
clearly there are a lot of unfit parents out there, i just dont trust the government to make that decision. they screw up all the time and this is a pretty big deal.

i'm embarrassed to admit i watched a show about caylee anthony last night. normally i don't support that garbage but i knew next to nothing about the case so i justified it that way since it's such a hot news topic. now there's someone who should have been sterilized before becoming a mother, but of course no one knew it at the time :(

Mister D
06-23-2011, 08:43 AM
we need Oz to chime in here!

That's right. He was into that.

blaster
06-16-2016, 05:57 PM
until 2003 :o I guess they stopped doing it in the 70s, but still, it surprised me Eugenics laws allowed more than thirty states to sterilize people "undeemed to breed" for nearly a century. While it is irrevocably associated with the super-race fetish and ethnic cleansing of Nazi Germany, the so-called science of eugenics is actually an American distortion of medical science. Much of the murky original research and theories of how societies might take control of their own gene pools to increase the numbers of intelligent people—and eliminate those deemed feeble-minded—took place on Long Island, at the same laborotory where DNA was first identified. http://www.thetakeaway.org/2011/jun/22/north-carolina-comes-terms-history-forced-sterilizations/ (/2011/jun/22/north-carolina-comes-terms-history-forced-sterilizations/) There should be eugenics laws on the books in all states. In fact, it should be in the constitution.

Peter1469
06-16-2016, 06:16 PM
There should be eugenics laws on the books in all states. In fact, it should be in the constitution.

For what purpose?

Chris
06-16-2016, 06:17 PM
There should be eugenics laws on the books in all states. In fact, it should be in the constitution.

Progressivism's ugly side.

waltky
09-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Modern eugenics is different than Nazi eugenics...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/oldicons/icon17.gif
Eugenics Still Practiced Today Through Genetic Screenings and IVF
September 1, 2016 – Although many people think of eugenics as a bygone ideology once embraced by the likes of Adolph Hitler, the Rockefeller Foundation and Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, efforts to perfect the human race are still practiced today through modern technology that allows for pre-natal screenings and genetic testing, according to Arina Grossu, director of the Center for Human Dignity at the Family Research Council.

Efforts to perfect the human race are still practiced today through modern technology that allows for pre-natal screenings and genetic testing, according to Arina Grossu, director of the Center for Human Dignity at the Family Research Council. “The question to keep in mind is ... to what end are we doing this screening?” Grossu asked during a lecture at the pro-family, pro-life organization’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. "Is it to heal or is it to kill and destroy?” Grossu said.

FRC referred to this pursuit of “biological perfection” as “transhumanism” that dates back to the 1920s in the United States when it became mainstream to support efforts to rid the population of those who were “unfit” of “feeble-minded" through sterilization. "Modern eugenics has a similar underlying philosophy as its predecessor, manifesting itself differently through prenatal and genetic screening with the aim to abort a child with adverse conditions, sex-selective abortions, in-vitro selection, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), aborting extra embryos via ‘selective reduction,’ three-parent embryo technologies, genetic engineering, and gene editing,” the announcement of the lecture stated. “Transhumanism claims to have as its goal the transformation of the human condition, but at what cost given its commonalities with eugenics?” it stated.

Grossu said that in 2007 the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommended that all pregnant women should receive fetal chromosomal screening in the first trimester. The number of diseases that can be screened for has gone from about 100 in 1993 to 4,500 today, Grossu said. And when screenings result in a diagnosis of a disease or disability, the end result is often abortion, Grossu said. “So science and technology are good, except when they kill human beings or compromise human dignity,” she said.

Grossu cited in vitro fertilization (IVF), where embryos are selected based on their “grade” by technicians. She cited Reproductive Partners in California, which states on its website its efforts to that end: “Our goal is for you to deliver a single healthy baby. Multiple pregnancies, e.g. twins, triplets or more are associated with an increased risk of prematurity when compared to singleton pregnancies.” “In some cases we can reduce the total number of embryos we transfer by allowing the embryos to develop longer in the lab prior to transfer. Blastocyst transfer also allows the option of Elective Single Embryo Transfer.” “Many couples are using Preimplantation Genetic Screening for chromosome to insure that the embryos being transferred are chromosomally normal.” “Do we kill a class of children because of their special needs?” Grossu said. The answer, she said, is, unfortunately “yes.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/pro-life-advocate-eugenics-still-practiced-today-through-genetic-screenings

See also:

Human Bones Found Near Former Nazi Research Site in Berlin
Friday 2nd September, 2016 - Archaeologists in Berlin have unearthed a large number of human bones from a site close to where Nazi scientists carried out research on body parts of death camp victims sent to them by sadistic SS doctor Josef Mengele, officials said Thursday.

Experts have been examining the site in Berlin's upscale Dahlem neighborhood since a small number of bones were found there in 2014 during road work on a property belonging to Berlin's Free University. In the dig they uncovered "numerous fractured skulls, teeth, vertebrae" and other bones, including those of children, Susan Pollock, a professor of archaeology at the university who was one of the leaders of the team, said in a statement. The bones found in 2014 were never identified, and the new discovery provides researchers "a new possibility to illuminate the unusual find and the circumstances under which they were buried," said Joerg Haspel, the leader of Berlin's office that oversees memorial sites.

Several of the vertebrae found had traces of glue on them, indicating they may have been parts of skeletons on display. The site is about 100 meters (yards) away from what was the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Human Heredity and Eugenics in the Nazi era. The world-famous Kaiser Wilhelm Society predated the Nazi era and once counted famous scientists like Albert Einstein among its directors. During the Nazi dictatorship, however, the Dahlem institute was closely associated with pseudoscientific race research, and notorious Auschwitz physician Mengele as well as others are known to have sent many body parts there for study. It was also known to have a collection of bones from Germany's colonial era, among others.

http://cdn.bignewsnetwork.com/voa1472738821.jpg

Experts now plan to use osteological identification methods to try to learn more about the newly discovered bones, and should at least be able to determine the general age of the person, their sex and how many different people's bones were found, Pollock said. Results are expected at the earliest at the end of the year. A working group of the university, the city, and the Max Planck Society, which the Kaiser Wilhelm Society was renamed after the war, has been keeping in close contact with Germany's Central Council of Jews and Central Council of Sinti and Roma on the archaeological work.

Earlier this year, the Max Planck Society ordered a complete review of its specimens collection after discovering human brain sections in its archive that were from victims of Nazi Germany's so-called euthanasia program in which psychiatric patients and people with mental deficiencies were killed. "The Max Planck Society has accepted a difficult legacy of its predecessor organization, the Kaiser Wilhelm Society," said society president Martin Stratmann of his organization's participation in the ongoing archaeological investigation. "We are well aware of the special responsibility that it entails."

http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/247272639/human-bones-found-near-former-nazi-research-site-in-berlin

donttread
09-02-2016, 05:55 AM
until 2003 :o

I guess they stopped doing it in the 70s, but still, it surprised me

Eugenics laws allowed more than thirty states to sterilize people "undeemed to breed" for nearly a century. While it is irrevocably associated with the super-race fetish and ethnic cleansing of Nazi Germany, the so-called science of eugenics is actually an American distortion of medical science. Much of the murky original research and theories of how societies might take control of their own gene pools to increase the numbers of intelligent people—and eliminate those deemed feeble-minded—took place on Long Island, at the same laborotory where DNA was first identified.

http://www.thetakeaway.org/2011/jun/22/north-carolina-comes-terms-history-forced-sterilizations/

Horrible, but look at us now. Still I cannot support such bullshit.