PDA

View Full Version : More Reasons for Blacks to Vote Democratic in 2016 With Republican Blessings

TrueBlue
01-01-2015, 03:58 PM
African-American voters now have two MORE reasons to vote Dem in 2016, with an assist from the GOP

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/30/1354779/-African-American-voters-now-have-two-MORE-reasons-to-vote-Dem-in-2016-with-an-assist-from-the-GOP

"Head with me past the jump to see why the GOP might have, yet again, been their own worst political enemy over the past few days."

=========================================
Cigar and others, this is a great heads-up article truly worth reading about and likewise great food for thought.

Animal Mother
01-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Why can't parties win on their records for fixing the economy, balancing the budget, and restoring goodwill among other nations? This scare tactics bullshit is so old already.

It isn't the government's job to make us all love each other. Just provide for a defense and build some postal roads.

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 04:02 PM
The Dems treat blacks like second class citizens. Lots of promises, no delivery. And they are bringing in millions of Latinos who are taking jobs from blacks.

Vote (D). That is smart. :shocked:

hanger4
01-01-2015, 04:08 PM
African-American voters now have two MORE reasons to vote Dem in 2016, with an assist from the GOP

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/30/1354779/-African-American-voters-now-have-two-MORE-reasons-to-vote-Dem-in-2016-with-an-assist-from-the-GOP

=========================================
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) and others, this is a great heads-up article truly worth reading about and likewise great food for thought.

Slate, yes Slate has pretty much shot the Rep. Steve Scalise story down;

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...uro_did.2.html

GrassrootsConservative
01-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Democrats want to kill black babies. 17,000,000 black babies slaughtered since Row v Wade and leftist loons still act like they have something to offer to blacks. Blacks voting for Democrats is like a Jew voting for a neo nazi.

If you are black the Democrats want to destroy you and your offspring.

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Democrats want to kill black babies. 17,000,000 black babies slaughtered since Row v Wade and leftist loons still act like they have something to offer to blacks. Blacks voting for Democrats is like a Jew voting for a neo nazi.

If the Dems were correct and the GOP and the right were racists..., wouldn't teh GOP and the right be pro-choice? :shocked:

Calypso Jones
01-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Seeing as you pinpointed black democrat voters i'll address that voter bloc. Scalise and Grimm. Black voters have no clue who these people are and I doubt they even know what happened. So...this will have no effect on the upcoming election.

Black voters will continue to vote democrat because Democrats have successfully brainwashed them into believing that it is democrats who have the best plan on the plantation for blacks. AND, black voters would be stupid to vote for anybody else who will not promise them loads of handouts. I mean...they won't get it from democrats politicians but black voters haven't quite figured that out yet.

Crepitus
01-01-2015, 05:25 PM
If the Dems were correct and the GOP and the right were racists..., wouldn't teh GOP and the right be pro-choice? :shocked:
Well that came out of left field.

Calypso Jones
01-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Well that came out of left field.

made sense to me. Are you one of those low info voters?

GrassrootsConservative
01-01-2015, 05:35 PM

In his defense, he's from Wichita.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 05:43 PM
There is a difference of opinion when it comes to the morals of the people in the party.

Republican party get caught in a sex scandal You must resign your position.

Democratic party you return to a standing ovation in congress

Republican party get caught cheating on your taxes you must resign and possible go to jail.

Democratic party you get put on the presidents cabinet and the IRS waves all of your fines.

https://twitter.com/emilyrs/status/347899009244991490

http://townhall.com/columnists/luritadoan/2011/04/18/obamas_tax_hypocrisy/page/full

You see True, you have to think for yourself, because the parties are lying to you.

The Democrats are full of scumbags, just like the republican party, but they promote theirs instead of getting rid of them

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Seeing as you pinpointed black democrat voters i'll address that voter bloc. Scalise and Grimm. Black voters have no clue who these people are and I doubt they even know what happened. So...this will have no effect on the upcoming election.

Black voters will continue to vote democrat because Democrats have successfully brainwashed them into believing that it is democrats who have the best plan on the plantation for blacks. AND, black voters would be stupid to vote for anybody else who will not promise them loads of handouts. I mean...they won't get it from democrats politicians but black voters haven't quite figured that out yet.

What does the republican party have to offer to the black voters?

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 06:22 PM

Address the question before asking a new one.

TrueBlue
01-01-2015, 06:27 PM
The Dems treat blacks like second class citizens. Lots of promises, no delivery. And they are bringing in millions of Latinos who are taking jobs from blacks.

Well if that was actually the case, Blacks wouldn't be voting for Democrats like they do. So that's bogus thinking and Blacks know it and do not fall for that crap.

TrueBlue
01-01-2015, 06:31 PM

That's outright not correct. The ones Blacks should be very afraid of is Republicans as what have they ever done for Blacks to improve their living conditions, to respect them, and to make them their equal?

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Well if that was actually the case, Blacks wouldn't be voting for Democrats like they do. So that's bogus thinking and Blacks know it and do not fall for that crap.

That is what I would think.

But they do it every election cycle....

What are you going to do?

GrassrootsConservative
01-01-2015, 06:38 PM
That's outright not correct. The ones Blacks should be very afraid of is Republicans as what have they ever done for Blacks to improve their living conditions, to respect them, and to make them their equal?

It's absolutely correct. Stop fear mongering. Republicans give blacks the same rights and freedoms and opportunities as everyone else. Just because they're not robbing the taxpayer to keep them on the government dole with free stuff doesn't make Republicans racist.

TrueBlue
01-01-2015, 06:54 PM

That is the most racist statement I have ever heard and no doubt why Blacks continue to reject Republicans and Conservatism as a whole. They want and need to be respected and not rejected and belittled and portrayed as dumb and as if they didn't know any better in what they do. So their choice is clear on who accepts them and respects them and where their loyalty lies -- in the Democratic Party.

TrueBlue
01-01-2015, 07:02 PM
It's absolutely correct. Stop fear mongering. Republicans give blacks the same rights and freedoms and opportunities as everyone else. Just because they're not robbing the taxpayer to keep them on the government dole with free stuff doesn't make Republicans racist.
That's the kind of Republican rhetoric Blacks are not ever going to fall for and you know it. And what "opportunities" do Republicans give Blacks other than the opportunity to fall farther and farther behind.

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 07:11 PM
That's the kind of Republican rhetoric Blacks are not ever going to fall for and you know it. And what "opportunities" do Republicans give Blacks other than the opportunity to fall farther and farther behind.

This is why I believe that it's highly unlikely most blacks would give the republican party the time of day; they bring nothing to the table for blacks. Despite all their alleged flaws, the Democrats give the blacks a voice and hope.

nathanbforrest45
01-01-2015, 07:15 PM
That is the most racist statement I have ever heard and no doubt why Blacks continue to reject Republicans and Conservatism as a whole. They want and need to be respected and not rejected and belittled and portrayed as dumb and as if they didn't know any better in what they do. So their choice is clear on who accepts them and respects them and where their loyalty lies -- in the Democratic Party.

They certainly act dumb by continuing to vote for politicians that have done little except increase the number of them on welfare and in jails. What have the Democrats done to actually improve the life of Black America beyond throw billions if not trillions of dollars at them? How does lowering the standards because you don't think blacks can measure up is showing them respect? I don't believe blacks as a group are more or less intelligent than whites as a group but you obviously do.

Redrose
01-01-2015, 07:21 PM

Blacks voting for the Democrats, is like the crew of the Titanic routing for the iceberg.

nathanbforrest45
01-01-2015, 07:21 PM
This is why I believe that it's highly unlikely most blacks would give the republican party the time of day; they bring nothing to the table for blacks. Despite all their alleged flaws, the Democrats give the blacks a voice and hope.

Hope?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

What hope? Hope that they can steal more from the white man? Hope that someone will take care of their illegitimate children? Hope they can get a scholarship to a college they can't last a semester at?

All the Democrats have ever done is make the black community worse, year by year, week by week, day by day. You offer feel good nothingness and then blame it on the Republicans when your nothingness doesn't work.

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Hope?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

What hope? Hope that they can steal more from the white man? Hope that someone will take care of their illegitimate children? Hope they can get a scholarship to a college they can't last a semester at?

All the Democrats have ever done is make the black community worse, year by year, week by week, day by day. You offer feel good nothingness and then blame it on the Republicans when your nothingness doesn't work.

I have to disagree; I think if for nothing else they've done much to help the black community by addressing social issues that, under a republican government would have been swept under the rug.

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 07:43 PM
I have to disagree; I think if for nothing else they've done much to help the black community by addressing social issues that, under a republican government would have been swept under the rug.

Which ones?

TrueBlue
01-01-2015, 08:04 PM
They certainly act dumb by continuing to vote for politicians that have done little except increase the number of them on welfare and in jails. What have the Democrats done to actually improve the life of Black America beyond throw billions if not trillions of dollars at them? How does lowering the standards because you don't think blacks can measure up is showing them respect? I don't believe blacks as a group are more or less intelligent than whites as a group but you obviously do.
That's not the Democrat's fault, it is a weak defense your party continues to perpetuate in vain to try to support an untruth. Republicans have much to be blamed for though.

Your premise that I believe Blacks as a group are less intelligent than Whites is false. Where are you getting that from? Certainly not from me. But you have to stop to consider which party has thrown and continues to throw Blacks under the bus through gerrymandering, enacting voting laws to make it harder for them to vote and resorting to Fifties Poll Tax tactics. It's not the Democrats it's the Republicans, fyi, like it or not.

Blacks greatly resent that and your party keeps them back from being respected as they should be with their right to vote for whomever they so choose. Democrats would not do that. So what's with your party doing that to Blacks and their voting? Because they know the hard truth is that Blacks are going to vote Democratic thus, the urge and propensity by your party to do something, anything, to make it harder on them to do so. That can only cause even greater division and separation from them and your party just when you need them the most. But they will not forget and will see you at the polls each time and they will remember.

GrassrootsConservative
01-01-2015, 08:05 PM

So basically your argument amounts to blacks don't vote for Republicans because blacks don't vote for Republicans?

That's all I'm seeing, and it's pretty dumb. Blacks can vote for whoever they want and they often do.

Crepitus
01-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Nice, our first interaction and you go straight for the insults. Thanks, welcome to the ignore feature.

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Which ones?

For starters, minimum wage, equal pay for women, equal rights for gays and lesbians, rights in the workplace; all of which have helped blacks.

The republicans have viciously fought attempts to raise the minimum wage, equal pay for women, equal rights for gays and lesbians and stand against labor unions and improvements in workers rights in the workplace.

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 08:56 PM
For starters, minimum wage, equal pay for women, equal rights for gays and lesbians, rights in the workplace; all of which have helped blacks.

The republicans have viciously fought attempts to raise the minimum wage, equal pay for women, equal rights for gays and lesbians and stand against labor unions and improvements in workers rights in the workplace.

None of those have made improvements for black Americans. Minimum wage reduced the number of unskilled jobs. Equal rights for gays and lesbians, the blacks are staunchly against that. The Dems pander to the blacks and frankly practice the soft bigotry of low expectations. Their social welfare programs have hurt the black people worse than slavery did. It broke their family unit.

Maybe a republican will chime in and tell us what they do for blacks.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 08:56 PM

This is very simple. Higher paying jobs, more jobs, better education, the fact that SS will still be there for them in a better form, Lower energy prices, less illegal immigration to compete for the jobs of low skilled labor.

The problem is that the Republicans FORGOT this and now they are the mirror image of the Democrats.

Ask yourself what the Democrats have to offer the black community, and then ask is this really helping or are the results actually bad for these communities

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 09:02 PM
None of those have made improvements for black Americans. Minimum wage reduced the number of unskilled jobs. Equal rights for gays and lesbians, the blacks are staunchly against that. The Dems pander to the blacks and frankly practice the soft bigotry of low expectations. Their social welfare programs have hurt the black people worse than slavery did. It broke their family unit.

I notice you appeared to be silent on labor unions and workers rights in the workplace. I take it that you do not at this time take a position on them either way?

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:02 PM

True, do you understand why so many inner city voters vote for the democratic party? especially the communities of color?

The Democrats have successfully installed policies that keep the majority of the community on some form of government assistance.

Ask these questions

Where are the worst preforming schools.

Where are the highest crime rates

What communities have the highest percentage of drug and alcohol abuse.

What communities have the lowest paying unskilled jobs.

where are the worst public and low income housing projects located?

You see all of these things have been created because some well meaning person told them that they were from the government and they were there to help them'

What they did was build a fence of poverty around them, and when you have someone that is that poor, and that uneducated, and that scared. it is very easy to keep them on the plantation.

That is what the social program of today have created. Are you proud of that?

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:05 PM

The emancipation proclamation and the civil rights act come to mind. just for a start.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Really, if the Democrats are doing such a good job? why has the black community suffered disproportionality in this last recession. I mean with Obama in the Whitehouse one would think that they would be closing that income and educational gap?

What happened

PolWatch
01-01-2015, 09:10 PM
how about the southern strategy?

Calypso Jones
01-01-2015, 09:16 PM

They've treated them as equals by not promising to make life easier for them. Do you realize what you just said above. you said that blacks are not equals. Freudian slip. Democrats think lke that...you want to take care of blacks...and in your taking care of them, you make them worse off. Just look at the sorry mess your policies have caused. You've destroyed most of black society.

Guerilla
01-01-2015, 09:17 PM

In the order that you listed, those are: poverty problems, womens rights, gay rights, and workers rights problems, none of those apply only to black people. You probably could get more voters if you said dems help poor, women, gays, and workers, who have those issues, why restrict it to just blacks? Are you saying all blacks are poor gay women that need safety in the workplace? Why can't white people be poor gay women that need safety in the workplace? Seriously, how are those issues black issues?

Speaking of blacks like they are some special underclass that needs so much help isn't helping them, and frankly it makes you and trueblue seem like you think blacks aren't capable. If anything, republicans don't give blacks special treatment, which is a good thing. This isn't the 1800s or even the 50s anymore.

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 09:19 PM
I notice you appeared to be silent on labor unions and workers rights in the workplace. I take it that you do not at this time take a position on them either way?

Labor Union are fine in the private sector when they are advocating for the workers. When they start money laundering through the DNC I want them shut don't and the violators jailed. There should be no public sector unions- at least not with much power.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:21 PM

Here are some opportunities that the Republicans would like to see happen that are totally opposed by the Democrats.

#1 School vouchers for children going to public systems that underperform This would give them the opportunity to get a better education for their children

#2 enterprise zones. Offering companies that will locate and provide jobs in the inner cities, better tax rates and low interest loans. This would provide more employment in the areas that desperately need them

#3 The Republicans with the help or President Clinton change the welfare system to require work for those that were able. Helping them to build self esteem and build working skills.

#4 The republicans wanted to allow religious charities to be able to use federal funds to provide job training and family counseling in the inner cities, The Democrats hated that.

#5 SS reform so that those that are forced to work low income jobs for their entire life, would at least have a comfortable retirement and have something to pass onto their children Instead Democrats are forcing them to stay on a system that is quickly becoming insolvent and only providing dire poverty in the meantime

What is it that the democrats are gong to do to help them.

True you have to dig further into what is actually happening. Politicians on both sides will tell you what They have done to try and help the people, What neither side will tell you is that may things have made life worse

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:25 PM

No they don't they scare them. The fear of loss has always been greater than the desire for gain.

They have totally and completely destroyed the inner city public schools and then they tell them that any changes to the Welfare or SS system will cause them to starve.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:27 PM

You mean like when they overwhelmingly voted against the civil rights act

PolWatch
01-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Maybe some folks remember this:
In American politics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_United_States), the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)) strategy of gaining political support for certain candidates in the Southern United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States) by appealing to racism against African Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_United_States#African_Americans).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Herbert-1)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Boyd-2)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Counter-3)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Branch-4)[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-HerbertReagan-5)
Though the "Solid South (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South)" had been a longtime Democratic Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)) stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War) and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1948) (triggering the Dixiecrats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat)), the African-American Civil Rights Movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Civil_Rights_Movement_(1955%E2%80%931968) ), the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964) and Voting Rights Act of 1965 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965), and desegregation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation).
The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon) and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Goldwater)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-6)[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-7) in the late 1960s.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-NY_Times_1996-8) The strategy was successful in winning the five formerly Confederate states of the Deep South (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_South) (Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama), Georgia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)), Louisiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana), Mississippi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi), and South Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina).[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-freedict-9)[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-synon-10)) for Barry Goldwater in the 1964 presidential election, but he won in only one other state, Arizona, his home state. The Southern Strategy also yielded five formerly Confederate states (Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee) in Richard Nixon's successful 1968 campaign for the presidency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1968). It contributed to the electoral realignment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realigning_election) of some Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began attempting to appeal to black voters again, though with little success.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-NY_Times_1996-8)

In 2005, Republican National Committee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_National_Committee) chairman Ken Mehlman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Mehlman) formally apologized to the NAACP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAACP) for ignoring the black vote and exploiting racial conflicts

wiki

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Labor Union are fine in the private sector when they are advocating for the workers. When they start money laundering through the DNC I want them shut don't and the violators jailed. There should be no public sector unions- at least not with much power.

I would think that laundering money through the DNC or any other organization would be illegal; if it's illegal I'd be curious to see why it hasn't been pursued through the courts by interested parties.

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 09:35 PM
No they don't they scare them. The fear of loss has always been greater than the desire for gain.

They have totally and completely destroyed the inner city public schools and then they tell them that any changes to the Welfare or SS system will cause them to starve.

I don't agree; to place blame on a race is wrong; remember whites, latinos, asians also attend inner city schools. I'm sure that people of all races and ethnic backgrounds are all part of the same issues which face inner city schools.

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 09:36 PM
I would think that laundering money through the DNC or any other organization would be illegal; if it's illegal I'd be curious to see why it hasn't been pursued through the courts by interested parties.Me too.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:36 PM
That's not the Democrat's fault, it is a weak defense your party continues to perpetuate in vain to try to support an untruth. Republicans have much to be blamed for though.

Your premise that I believe Blacks as a group are less intelligent than Whites is false. Where are you getting that from? Certainly not from me. But you have to stop to consider which party has thrown and continues to throw Blacks under the bus through gerrymandering, enacting voting laws to make it harder for them to vote and resorting to Fifties Poll Tax tactics. It's not the Democrats it's the Republicans, fyi, like it or not.

Blacks greatly resent that and your party keeps them back from being respected as they should be with their right to vote for whomever they so choose. Democrats would not do that. So what's with your party doing that to Blacks and their voting? Because they know the hard truth is that Blacks are going to vote Democratic thus, the urge and propensity by your party to do something, anything, to make it harder on them to do so. That can only cause even greater division and separation from them and your party just when you need them the most. But they will not forget and will see you at the polls each time and they will remember.

True can you take the time to research some of these things

At least for myself I an not saying that blacks are less intelligent, but I am saying that the schools in the cities of this country are not preforming well, giving them less of a chance of getting a quality education.

The taxations system of most cities drive business into the suburbs where they have better educated workers, less crime, and lower taxation

And as for voter ID? they have to have ID to get all of the programs that you are so proud of? the ID has always been proposed to be free, this only ends fraud.

Neither party is doing the right thing to help the communities of poverty. So saying that the Democrats are actually helping them? that is wrong too

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
You mean like when they overwhelmingly voted against the civil rights act

You must have missed my original post. try reading #29

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:47 PM

What I would tell you is that I hope they would say NOTHING

You see what all politicians should be doing is things that help people!

The black communities are in large part urban communities. What do they need JOBS the more the better.

what is the pest way to get them? make it profitable and safe to do business there. but blacks will not be the only people that benefit all people that life there will benefit.

Changing SS take the same money that is already being deducted and makes it work for them.

and by assuring the success and offering choices in educations helps all students.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:49 PM

Tell me just what is it that the Unions are doing for US workers in this day and age.

They take the dues form the workers and instead of securing retirement funds, they donate it to the DNC not to help workers but to accumulate power for themselves.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Maybe some folks remember this:
In American politics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_United_States), the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)) strategy of gaining political support for certain candidates in the Southern United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States) by appealing to racism against African Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_United_States#African_Americans).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Herbert-1)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Boyd-2)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Counter-3)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-Branch-4)[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-HerbertReagan-5)
Though the "Solid South (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South)" had been a longtime Democratic Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)) stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War) and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1948) (triggering the Dixiecrats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat)), the African-American Civil Rights Movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Civil_Rights_Movement_(1955–1968)), the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964) and Voting Rights Act of 1965 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965), and desegregation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation).
The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon) and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Goldwater)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-6)[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-7) in the late 1960s.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-NY_Times_1996-8) The strategy was successful in winning the five formerly Confederate states of the Deep South (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_South) (Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama), Georgia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)), Louisiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana), Mississippi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi), and South Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina).[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-freedict-9)[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-synon-10)) for Barry Goldwater in the 1964 presidential election, but he won in only one other state, Arizona, his home state. The Southern Strategy also yielded five formerly Confederate states (Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee) in Richard Nixon's successful 1968 campaign for the presidency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1968). It contributed to the electoral realignment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realigning_election) of some Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began attempting to appeal to black voters again, though with little success.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#cite_note-NY_Times_1996-8)

In 2005, Republican National Committee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_National_Committee) chairman Ken Mehlman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Mehlman) formally apologized to the NAACP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAACP) for ignoring the black vote and exploiting racial conflicts

wiki

Actually the Democrats were the party of the racist south. and contrary to popular belief they did not switch and become republicans.

Without the support of Republicans, the civil rights act would never have passed. The policy is based on the fact that people in the south tend to live a more conservative lifestyle.

PolWatch
01-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Actually the Democrats were the party of the racist south. and contrary to popular belief they did not switch and become republicans.

Without the support of Republicans, the civil rights act would never have passed. The policy is based on the fact that people in the south tend to live a more conservative lifestyle.

dream on sweetie....I live in Alabama...I lived here when all the above was going on. Try that story with someone who might fall for it.

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:57 PM
You must have missed my original post. try reading #29

The results of what you are advocating in that post do not help create jobs they cause them to offshore

zelmo1234
01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
dream on sweetie....I live in Alabama...I lived here when all the above was going on. Try that story with someone who might fall for it.

My folks live in Alabama, and my mother is from Mississippi, Can you post some links to show where the southern democrats promoted the civil rights act and then show me where they all switched parties. I

PolWatch
01-01-2015, 10:06 PM
you are counting the dixiecrats (George Wallace) as democrats....they were the ones who fought the CRA so hard. Who signed the CRA? I'll give ya a hint...tall guy from Texas? not a repub? Read the link I posted on the southern strategy. Do you really think all the repubs in the south have just been born or do you think they all moved from somewhere else? They were dems or dixiecrats that Goldwater talked into becoming repubs. I know, truth hurts....

Peter1469
01-01-2015, 10:10 PM
The Civil Rights Act vote was north south, not (D) (R).

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Tell me just what is it that the Unions are doing for US workers in this day and age.

They give workers rights in the workplace, something which their non-union counterparts do not enjoy.

They take the dues form the workers and instead of securing retirement funds, they donate it to the DNC not to help workers but to accumulate power for themselves.

Your stereotyping. That's patently false if your including all labor unions. The reason I say this is because in my union, our bylaws prohibit dues and fees being paid to any politician or pac group. Instead we have a voluntary pac fund in which members voluntarily donate from their pockets monies to be used on political purposes. Furthermore our union does not have a retirement plan per say; our labor contracts call for the companies to create and maintain a defined pension plan for all its members who are part of the bargaining unit. Contrary to what you may believe, not all labor unions are the eternal bogeyman. Some of them are there for the members.

PolWatch
01-01-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm very glad to see that nasty ole union pension going into the checking account every month.

gamewell45
01-01-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm very glad to see that nasty ole union pension going into the checking account every month.

My pension will not come from the union, but from the company I worked for the 35 years which the union negotiated 80 some years ago. The union also negotiated a 401.k for us as well back in '79, so for many of us, this will be our play money. Nice thing is I retire on Jan 2nd and Jan 3rd my pension check will be direct deposited into my checking account. All due to the union.

Safety
01-01-2015, 11:06 PM
you are counting the dixiecrats (George Wallace) as democrats....they were the ones who fought the CRA so hard. Who signed the CRA? I'll give ya a hint...tall guy from Texas? not a repub? Read the link I posted on the southern strategy. Do you really think all the repubs in the south have just been born or do you think they all moved from somewhere else? They were dems or dixiecrats that Goldwater talked into becoming repubs. I know, truth hurts....

It always amuses me how these guys keep talking about how the democrats this and republicans that, but fail to recognize that back then it was liberals vs conservatives. Look at the vote breakdown with the CRA and you will see how the North voted overwhelmingly for its passage and the south voted overwhelmingly against it. That was the turning point for what we now see as definitive lines drawn between what is classified as democrat and republican.

Cthulhu
01-01-2015, 11:13 PM
It is easier to believe a comforting lie than admit to yourself you were taken advantage of.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Cthulhu
01-01-2015, 11:21 PM
I would think that laundering money through the DNC or any other organization would be illegal; if it's illegal I'd be curious to see why it hasn't been pursued through the courts by interested parties.
Easy.

The right parties aren't interested.

"Cui bono?" Is the better question.

nathanbforrest45
01-02-2015, 07:52 AM

We are not against "minimum wage". We are against mandated by the federal government wages of any amount. Tell us exactly how many people are trying to actually raise a family on minimum wage when welfare will bring in twice as much in both money and services? Minimum wage was always designed to enable the unskilled worker to learn how to work and to learn a trade. All raising the minimum wage has done is reduce the number of jobs that those workers have access to.

When I was a teen I worked for minimum wage at a grocery store. There must have been twenty of us working at bagging groceries, helping people carry their purchases to their car and in general learning the last place we wanted to make a career was bagging groceries in a supermarket. Today, that number is far less than half and will probably become less in the future as companies turn more and more to automated check outs and a further reduction in customer service.

Who has benefited by pricing the position of "bag boy" out of the market?

gamewell45
01-02-2015, 08:18 AM
It is easier to believe a comforting lie than admit to yourself you were taken advantage of.

Except I don't believe it to be a lie.

zelmo1234
01-02-2015, 08:37 AM
They give workers rights in the workplace, something which their non-union counterparts do not enjoy.

Your stereotyping. That's patently false if your including all labor unions. The reason I say this is because in my union, our bylaws prohibit dues and fees being paid to any politician or pac group. Instead we have a voluntary pac fund in which members voluntarily donate from their pockets monies to be used on political purposes. Furthermore our union does not have a retirement plan per say; our labor contracts call for the companies to create and maintain a defined pension plan for all its members who are part of the bargaining unit. Contrary to what you may believe, not all labor unions are the eternal bogeyman. Some of them are there for the members.

there are very few rights enjoyed by union members today that are not enjoyed by the general working public.

However it does sound like you have union that is for the workers. things that you need to check

#1 Find out if your pension plan is fully funded, many are not. #2 If the union can't use dues for political activities. they should be running a surplus. If that is the case then their should be a reduction in union dues.

but I am guessing that you will find that there is NO surplus, and that you chapter of the union pays a large percentage of your dues to the national headquarters and they donate it to the DNC

zelmo1234
01-02-2015, 08:39 AM
My pension will not come from the union, but from the company I worked for the 35 years which the union negotiated 80 some years ago. The union also negotiated a 401.k for us as well back in '79, so for many of us, this will be our play money. Nice thing is I retire on Jan 2nd and Jan 3rd my pension check will be direct deposited into my checking account. All due to the union.

Funny there are a lot of people that have pensions and 401K plans, and they did not have a union?

I guess they were just lucky?

Captain Obvious
01-02-2015, 08:42 AM

This is it in a nutshell.

Democrats have historically supported the cycle of poverty by providing them just enough to stay poor and demotivate them. And they don't want that to change anytime soon.

This is the biggest failure of democracy IMO because these people or even the average middle class voter isn't smart enough to see it.

zelmo1234
01-02-2015, 08:48 AM

The truth is funny that way, it matters not what you believe.

Take for example your local super market.

If yours is like mine Meijer, they now have more self scanning lanes than lanes with a cashier. You can't get carry out, and there are very few people out on the floor during the day!

Why? Because the union! Wages for those left are higher and they have more benefits. But there are NO kids working there any longer. And they were forced to but there work force

Look at your local fast food eatery? Once these jobs were all young people many if not most were still in high school

But minimum wage laws made it too expensive to employ the youth that have Dances and Football games and events to schedule around plus they are not as productive as they are just entering the work force

The good news, the Democratic backed SS programs is such a promise of poverty that the elderly need to work.

So just watch the next time you have a craving for some junk food and see how many seniors have taken jobs that once belonged to the youth of the nation!

brought to you by the polices of the progressive is DC

gamewell45
01-02-2015, 09:20 AM
We are not against "minimum wage". We are against mandated by the federal government wages of any amount. Tell us exactly how many people are trying to actually raise a family on minimum wage when welfare will bring in twice as much in both money and services? Minimum wage was always designed to enable the unskilled worker to learn how to work and to learn a trade. All raising the minimum wage has done is reduce the number of jobs that those workers have access to.

It makes sense for those trying to raise a family on welfare; common sense dictates that you do what will benefit your family and if welfare pays more then minimum wage, then you should at least understand the dynamics of it whether you are in agreement with it or not.

The other side of the coin is while these jobs were designed for teens or to enable the unskilled worker to learn more about a trade, the fact of the matter is that these jobs have morphed into needed income by senior citizens who cannot survive on social security or professionals out of work desperately trying to keep their heads above water until they can find job with their skill sets.

When I was a teen I worked for minimum wage at a grocery store. There must have been twenty of us working at bagging groceries, helping people carry their purchases to their car and in general learning the last place we wanted to make a career was bagging groceries in a supermarket. Today, that number is far less than half and will probably become less in the future as companies turn more and more to automated check outs and a further reduction in customer service.

Who has benefited by pricing the position of "bag boy" out of the market?

"bag boy"??? wow, didn't know they still had them. They've been extinct where I live for a few decades. I think that whether or not the minimum wage went up or not, companies looking to improve the overhead would have eliminated those positions. Remember companies don't have these jobs because they want to be charitable to society; its because they have a need for them. If they were paying them $1.25 per hour and the jobs were no longer needed, then they'd just go away.

zelmo1234
01-02-2015, 09:33 AM
It makes sense for those trying to raise a family on welfare; common sense dictates that you do what will benefit your family and if welfare pays more then minimum wage, then you should at least understand the dynamics of it whether you are in agreement with it or not.

The other side of the coin is while these jobs were designed for teens or to enable the unskilled worker to learn more about a trade, the fact of the matter is that these jobs have morphed into needed income by senior citizens who cannot survive on social security or professionals out of work desperately trying to keep their heads above water until they can find job with their skill sets.

"bag boy"??? wow, didn't know they still had them. They've been extinct where I live for a few decades. I think that whether or not the minimum wage went up or not, companies looking to improve the overhead would have eliminated those positions. Remember companies don't have these jobs because they want to be charitable to society; its because they have a need for them. If they were paying them $1.25 per hour and the jobs were no longer needed, then they'd just go away.

You statement on Seniors is 100% correct, and yet the Democrats will fight to the death to keep the status Quo when it comes to SS

Why do you think it is that Democrats do not want the system changed into a wealth building system like you 401K program that you spoke so highly about?

gamewell45
01-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Funny there are a lot of people that have pensions and 401K plans, and they did not have a union?

I guess they were just lucky?

Yes, they were very lucky; just like those who have no pension plan nor 401.k plan offered by their employers; guess they are the unlucky ones. Where I work, only the unionized workforce has a defined pension plan and 401.k; the non-union employees only have the 401.k plan. But then again, its their choice to be non-union so I guess it works for them. I hope the stock market does well for them.

gamewell45
01-02-2015, 09:51 AM
The truth is funny that way, it matters not what you believe.

Take for example your local super market.

If yours is like mine Meijer, they now have more self scanning lanes than lanes with a cashier. You can't get carry out, and there are very few people out on the floor during the day!

I got news for you; my supermarket is a mom & pop market; 4 aisles and 2 registers. Everyone packs their own bags and carries them to their car. Nearest chain store market is 19 miles away.

nathanbforrest45
01-02-2015, 10:23 AM
I got news for you; my supermarket is a mom & pop market; 4 aisles and 2 registers. Everyone packs their own bags and carries them to their car. Nearest chain store market is 19 miles away.

You are the exception and far from the rule. The nearest supermarket from my home is 17 miles away yet 99% of the people in this community shop there rather than pay higher prices at a "mom and pop". I use the small store, much as you describe, 4 miles from my home for absolute must have items in a hurry and even then its only ones and twos.

Most people, I would estimate 90% or more use the services of a chain supermarket.

Getting rid of baggers is still a factor of the minimum wage. If stores could pay a smaller amount it might be a selling point for the additional service. Then again, I quit going to Food Lion when I lived in Florida because the staff was so rude and inattentive.

Cigar
01-02-2015, 11:29 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ss-prod/a/photos/6414/GUS_POPCORN_MEME_2_large.gif?1359388379

Cthulhu
01-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Well, as long as you're comfortable with the arrangement it matters little, no?