Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTl1asCDOgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt9xBuGWgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t-m4x92Nvg

Howey
01-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Lol. Our lovebirds spend too much time humping to dance. :)

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Well, they are lovebirds....

Howey
01-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Well, they are lovebirds....
Yeah. YOU try to pick one up.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Yeah. YOU try to pick one up.
Do they peck at you?

Redrose
01-01-2015, 10:44 PM

We had love birds, Lucy and Ricky, they loved to dance and kiss to music. He died she went a week later.

Dr. Who
01-01-2015, 11:04 PM
We had love birds, Lucy and Ricky, they loved to dance and kiss to music. He died she went a week later.
That's so sad, but so poignant.

Redrose
01-01-2015, 11:09 PM
That's so sad, but so poignant.

As advised, we placed a mirror in her cage for company, didn't work, she missed him too much. They were 10 years old.

Howey
01-02-2015, 01:19 AM

How sad!

Howey
01-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Do they peck at you?
Peck? They bite the living goddamn shit outta you!

Dr. Who
01-02-2015, 01:30 AM
Peck? They bite the living goddamn shit outta you!
Bite? No teeth. However, I guess they don't want to be separated. Have you had them long?

Redrose
01-02-2015, 01:47 AM
Peck? They bite the living goddamn shit outta you!After the love birds passed we bought a baby sun conyer. A few weeks old. So young he had trouble staying on the perch, we would hear a thud and he'd be on the cage bottom trying to climb back up. It was so cute. He was wonderful. He'd kiss us and stick his tongue out to kiss. He was about 10 inches long, full grown, beautiful bright orange and green. One day, after 8 years, "he" laid 2 eggs in the seed dish. He was a she. We then made a major boo boo, we bought a male for companionship. They faught constantly and got viscious. Then we saw they "both" laid eggs. They were both female. We took the new one back to the pet store and were happy to have just our original bird. But she was never the same. Mean as all heck. I couldn't even clean the cage. She'd attack, gave a nasty bite. They are hooked beak. They take a chunk out of you. We eventually sold her to a breeder. No more birds. Just Lhasa Apsos now.10050

Dr. Who
01-02-2015, 01:55 AM
After the love birds passed we bought a baby sun conyer. A few weeks old. So young he had trouble staying on the perch, we would hear a thud and he'd be on the cage bottom trying to climb back up. It was so cute. He was wonderful. He'd kiss us and stick his tongue out to kiss. He was about 10 inches long, full grown, beautiful bright orange and green. One day, after 8 years, "he" laid 2 eggs in the seed dish. He was a she. We then made a major boo boo, we bought a male for companionship. They faught constantly and got viscious. Then we saw they "both" laid eggs. They were both female. We took the new one back to the pet store and were happy to have just our original bird. But she was never the same. Mean as all heck. I couldn't even clean the cage. She'd attack, gave a nasty bite. They are hooked beak. They take a chunk out of you. We eventually sold her to a breeder. No more birds. Just Lhasa Apsos now.10050
That's too bad. They are apparently an intelligent and attractive bird. I've never had birds as pets, but always wanted a parrot. Maybe one day.

Redrose
01-02-2015, 02:06 AM
They are a lot of work and cleaning up. Our cage was 6' high and 4' wide and 2.5 " deep. We could have had a parrot in it. They need room. They need a lot of attention. If they feel ignored they never shut up. In the pet store when we'd go in for supplies, I would play with the cockatoo. She'd sit on my shoulder and peck at my ear. She took my diamond stud and ate it. The shop owner was annoyed, fearful it could hurt her. I did get it back....the hard way. lol