PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Obama! U.S. Dollar Reaches Highest Value In 9 Years

Cigar
01-03-2015, 08:43 PM
With the housing market in full recovery, the budget deficit more than cut in half, the unemployment rate at 5.8 percent, gas prices on a continuous downfall and the stock market at record-breaking levels, it’s hard to imagine that anything else could go right for the American economy. Fortunately, it seems the economic news is all sunshine and fairies.

U.S. Dollar at 9-Year High

At 11:50 a.m. ET on Jan. 2, the dollar index was trading at 90.94. To make a long story short for those of us who don’t have a degree in economics, this is the highest level the dollar has traded at since March 2006.

The numbers also showed that the dollar was at its highest value in 4-1/2 years compared to the euro and 7-1/2 years compared to Japanese yen, but the short form of the story is that the dollar is outperforming currencies all across the world.

The dollar’s rise in power was explained by Societe Generale global strategist Kit Juckes:

“Demand for the dollar goes beyond just the weakness of the euro. The softness of the Chinese economy, the weakness of oil prices and their impact on a range of currencies, the news earlier this week of flows out of emerging market funds, all add up to a stronger dollar.”

That’s right America: the dollar is back. :laugh:

Obama is Ruining the Economy?

Republicans and Fox News have long claimed that President Barack Obama would ruin the U.S. economy. Unfortunately for their deluded narrative, this hasn’t been the case. As it turns out, in addition to all of the other amazing economic news mentioned earlier, 2014 was the best year for jobs since 1999.

In reality, there’s hardly a piece of negative economic news out there, and this writer is finding it more difficult to understand how people can still tell themselves that the economy is a train wreck. For those individuals, please note that a train wreck is what occurred under the watch of George W. Bush. What is happening now could be referred to as one of the most epic comebacks in history.

http://reverbpress.com/news/us-dollar-at-9-year-high/

maineman
01-03-2015, 08:59 PM
I just moved $10K from the US to my Mexican bank today, and made the equivalent of nearly $1.5K just by waiting two months, by the huge jump in the exchange rate. It is just shy of 15 pesos to the dollar now. It was under 13 just a few months ago.

del
01-03-2015, 09:29 PM
the ruble's precipitous decline had more to do with it than anything obama has done, imo.

lynn
01-04-2015, 07:43 AM
583,000 new home buyers is not recovery. All those new job numbers went to low wage jobs and most of them went to foreign born citizens.

Chris
01-04-2015, 09:50 AM
http://i.snag.gy/E69o6.jpg

http://i.snag.gy/VHhYY.jpg

zelmo1234
01-04-2015, 09:55 AM
My favorite line in the article is that Obama cut deficits in half?

But they are still higher than any other president in US history It is great when you can quadruple the deficit, and then get credit for cutting it in half!

Chris
01-04-2015, 10:13 AM
The only credit Obama should get is in spinning the facts.

zelmo1234
01-04-2015, 10:31 AM
The only credit Obama should get is in spinning the facts.

Actually this is not true, You will never get any of the Democrats to admit it, but the Sequester was Obama's idea.

The sequester has been the most successful policy of his Presidency.

Chris
01-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Actually this is not true, You will never get any of the Democrats to admit it, but the Sequester was Obama's idea.

The sequester has been the most successful policy of his Presidency.

\That's true, he suggested it as compromise to avoid the fiscal cliff we were nearing, then reneged on it, and blamed the Reps--the art of spin again.

Bo-4
01-04-2015, 10:36 AM
My favorite line in the article is that Obama cut deficits in half?

But they are still higher than any other president in US history It is great when you can quadruple the deficit, and then get credit for cutting it in half!

WOW ... you are certainly deluded aren't you there Zell? Bushie left O with a 1.4 trillion dollar fiscal deficit. Obama has cut that by ALMOST 2/3.

CaveDog
01-04-2015, 10:37 AM
the ruble's precipitous decline had more to do with it than anything obama has done, imo.

Bingo. Give that poster a...cigar.

Peter1469
01-04-2015, 11:16 AM
WOW ... you are certainly deluded aren't you there Zell? Bushie left O with a 1.4 trillion dollar fiscal deficit. Obama has cut that by ALMOST 2/3.

The goal is to cut the deficit to zero. A half trillion is monstrous.

Polecat
01-04-2015, 11:21 AM
I think the value of food has outpaced the value of a dollar several fold.

Chris
01-04-2015, 12:07 PM
^^Inflation.

Peter1469
01-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Printing money none stop does that....