PDA

View Full Version : Energized Obama Aims To Start 2015 On His Own Terms

Cigar
01-03-2015, 09:39 PM
http://i0.huffpost.com/gen/2450158/thumbs/n-BARACK-OBAMA-large570.jpg

HONOLULU (AP) — President Barack Obama plans new steps to help more Americans buy a home and attend college, part of a 2015 agenda he hopes can build on the postelection momentum from high-profile moves on immigration and Cuba.

His approach for the new year appears to look straight past newly emboldened Republicans who take full control of Congress on Tuesday.

Fresh from a two-week Hawaiian vacation, the president was readying executive actions and legislative proposals to start promoting right away while advisers and speechwriters flesh out the broad themes that Obama wants to emphasis in his State of the Union address on Jan. 20. It will be his seventh since taking office, but his first before a Congress entirely in GOP hands.

In a sign of their divergent paths, Obama was heading out of Washington on Wednesday just as the new Congress was settling in. He plans stops in Michigan, Arizona and Tennessee aimed at highlighting how his own economic policies were contributing to the country's recovery.

Obama, expected back in Washington on Sunday, has appeared energized by the end-of-the-year action on immigration policy and Cuban relations, suggesting continued presidential relevance despite a political landscape dramatically altered by deep Democratic losses on Election Day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/03/obama-2015-congress_n_6410090.html?ir=Media&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000018

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTUwMFgxNTAw/z/1iwAAOxyYANTYz15/$_35.JPG

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Dictators are always happiest when they pushing their weight around and getting away with it.

And giving away free stuff to buy political support of the great unwashed is one of their favorite pastimes.

Peter1469
01-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Veto away!

Cigar
01-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Dictators are always happiest when they pushing their weight around and getting away with it.

And giving away free stuff to buy political support of the great unwashed is one of their favorite pastimes.

Wait ... you mean the Skinny Chicago Community Organizer from Kenya is out smarting you again?

What does that make your candidates?

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:00 PM
Veto away!

Hitler didn't need a veto pen when he was building the 3rd Reich.

Just one to sign executive orders with.

zelmo1234
01-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Wait ... you mean the Skinny Chicago Community Organizer from Kenya is out smarting you again?

What has he ever done that would lead you to believe he is intelligent?

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:02 PM

No, but he is taking advantage of the stupidity of Obama voters.

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Hitler didn't need a veto pen when he was building the 3rd Reich.

Just one to sign executive orders with.

Maybe you should try to find Candidates who can Win by 9.5 and 5 MILLION VOTES :grin: Back-2-Back

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:03 PM
What has he ever done that would lead you to believe he is intelligent?

He was the first one to discover that America has 57 states.

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:03 PM
No, but he is taking advantage of the stupidity of Obama voters.

Oh so now it's the other Parties Voters fault on why you keep losing :laugh:

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Maybe you should try to find Candidates who can Win by 9.5 and 5 MILLION VOTES :grin: Back-2-Back

Hitler won more German votes too but left Germany in ruins.

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:04 PM
He was the first one to discover that America has 57 states.

:grin: Is that all the Bullets you got in your Gun?

You must be a Hoot with the Ladies

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Hitler won more German votes too but left Germany in ruins.

You can always leave ... :laugh: you're numbers are going down anyway.

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Oh so now it's the other Parties Voters fault on why you keep losing :laugh:

Its not my fault.

I never voted for Obama.

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:06 PM
You can always leave ... :laugh: you're numbers are going down anyway.

I was born here.

America is my native country.

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Its not my fault.

I never voted for Obama.

That's OK ... he never needed your Vote ... his margins were 9.5 and 5 MILLION :laugh:

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:08 PM
I was born here.

America is my native country.

I was born here.

America is my native country and more natives are being born everyday. :laugh:

Private Pickle
01-03-2015, 11:10 PM
He keeps it up and Jeb Bush will be electable.

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:13 PM
I was born here.

America is my native country and more natives are being born everyday. :laugh:

I don't expect Obama voters to comprehend the damage Obama is doing to this country.

i know you are proud that Obama got elected because you never expected it to happen in your lifetime.

For voters like you that's all that matters.

But the future of our republic is in danger from Obama and his budding dictatorship.

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:14 PM

Who's "HE" ... Barack Obama is retiring Undefeated :laugh:

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:15 PM

Jeb bush is a pro amnesty open borders quisling.

Cigar
01-03-2015, 11:15 PM
I don't expect Obama voters to comprehend the damage Obama is doing to this country.

i know you are proud that Obama got elected because you never expected it to happen in your lifetime.

For voters like you that's all that matters.

But the future of our republic is in danger from Obama and his budding dictatorship.

:grin: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27015337.jpg

Private Pickle
01-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Who's "HE" ... Barack Obama is retiring Undefeated :laugh:

Sure. But the Party will be fooked. By the way... What are you going to do here without Obama?

Private Pickle
01-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Jeb bush is a pro amnesty open borders quisling.

So he gets the Latino vote.

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:43 PM
So he gets the Latino vote.

Not likely.

They will accept the amnesty but still vote democrat for the government handouts.

Private Pickle
01-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Not likely.

They will accept the amnesty but still vote democrat for the government handouts.

What more of a handout can they expect? This is a man who is married to a Latino and favors amnesty. The only reason the Latino vote swings Democratic is because of the general GOP policy on immigration. Outside of that they are Conservatives. Hand them a Conservative GOPer in favor of amnesty and they will vote for him. See Reagan.

Mac-7
01-03-2015, 11:58 PM
What more of a handout can they expect? This is a man who is married to a Latino and favors amnesty.

The only reason the Latino vote swings Democratic is because of the general GOP policy on immigration.

Outside of that they are Conservatives. Hand them a Conservative GOPer in favor of amnesty and they will vote for him. See Reagan.

That's not entirely true.

The GOP share of the Hispanic vote declined after Reagan signed the 1986 amnesty.

Latinos vote democrat for the same reason everybody else does - for the government handouts.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:02 AM
That's not entirely true.

The GOP share of the Hispanic vote declined after Reagan signed the 1986 amnesty.

Latinos vote democrat for the same reason everybody else does - for the government handouts.

The Hispanc vote declined after Reagan because no other GOP candidate was for amnesty. Latinos aren't the type to look for handouts. In my experience with them, they are extremely hard workers. They take pride in their work and are predominately Catholic which means they follow a moral code not many in the US identify with.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:07 AM
The Hispanc vote declined after Reagan because no other GOP candidate was for amnesty. Latinos aren't the type to look for handouts. In my experience with them, they are extremely hard workers. They take pride in their work and are predominately Catholic which means they follow a moral code not many in the US identify with.

Amnesty was no longer an issue after Reagan signed it into law.

Yet ungrateful Hispanics went for the democrats instead of repubs.

And they will do it again if the GOP is dumb enough to pander to them as they did in 1986.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Amnesty was no longer an issue after Reagan signed it into law.

Yet ungrateful Hispanics went for the democrats instead of repubs.

And they will do it again if the GOP is dumb enough to pander to them as they did in 1986.

With the millions of illegals in the States today....amnesty is an issue. And a swing issue at that.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:10 AM
With the millions of illegals in the States today....amnesty is an issue. And a swing issue at that.

That door swings both ways.

Its a swing issue for tens of millions of voters who believe in obeying the law also.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:16 AM
That door swings both ways.

Its a swing issue for tens of millions of voters who believe in obeying the law also.

All Jeb needs is the base and the Latino vote. And the base wI'll jump all over the chance to vote for a Bush.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:17 AM
All Jeb needs is the base and the Latino vote.

And the base wI'll jump all over the chance to vote for a Bush.

No they won't.

The base is sick of moderates like bush.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:21 AM
No they won't.

The base is sick of moderates like bush.

Yeah...they will totally change their vote for the D. :|

Truth is the base will vote for the base. That's why they are the base. If the GOP targets the moderates they will win every time.

Give up on the morality bullshit. Give up on things like abortion and weed. Support the environment. Recognize that a Conservative =\= Christian Right and we will have a party that closely resembles that of Lincoln's Republicans.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:25 AM
Yeah...they will totally change their vote for the D. :|

Truth is the base will vote for the base. That's why they are the base. If the GOP targets the moderates they will win every time.

Give up on the morality bull$#@!. Give up on things like abortion and weed. Support the environment. Recognize that a Conservative =\= Christian Right and we will have a party that closely resembles that of Lincoln's Republicans.

Romney won the moderate vote in 2012 but it wasn't enough.

BTW:

Lincoln was a Christian who didn't smoke weed (as far as we know).

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Romney won the moderate vote in 2012 but it wasn't enough.

BTW:

Lincoln was a Christian who didn't smoke weed (as far as we know).

Lincoln was a Christian but that was never a running platform. Romney was a Mormon who had about as much charisma as the end of my penis.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Lincoln was a Christian but that was never a running platform. Romney was a Mormon who had about as much charisma as the end of my penis.

Republicans are going to need the Christian vote to get elected.

and we could have done without the reference to your penis.

Peter1469
01-04-2015, 12:37 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Republicans are going to need the Christian vote to get elected.

and we could have done without the reference to your penis.

They will get it regardless. That's my "point".

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Politicians do what they need to in order to get erected....

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 08:20 AM
They will get it regardless. That's my "point".

Why not include Christian values in the party and be that much stronger?

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Why not include Christian values in the party and be that much stronger?

Because you don't have to be a Christian to be a Republican.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Because you don't have to be a Christian to be a Republican.

No one said you have to be a Christian.

I asked you why drum Christians out of the GOP?

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:06 AM

I'm not. I'm saying Republicans need to run on Republicanism not Christianity. There is a distinct difference.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm not. I'm saying Republicans need to run on Republicanism not Christianity. There is a distinct difference.

we've been discussing politics for several pages and no one tried to save your soul while I was listening.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:17 AM
we've been discussing politics for several pages and no one tried to save your soul while I was listening.

Abortion. Not a Republican issue. A Christian one.
Gay Marriage. The same.
War on Drugs. Same.

It goes on.

Mister D
01-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Gay Marriage. The same.
War on Drugs. Same.

It goes on.

It hasn't started. none of those are Christian issues.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:21 AM
It hasn't started. none of those are Christian issues.

Yes...they are... Legislating against any of those on a Federal level is contrary to Republicanism.

Mister D
01-04-2015, 11:22 AM

fiscal conservatives (basically northeast coasters) are naive enough to believe that "social conservatives" are holding them back from electoral glory. That said, I don't subscribe to this idiotic dichotomy.

Mister D
01-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes...they are... Legislating against any of those on a Federal level is contrary to Republicanism.

For the sake of argument, lets say that's true. That has what to do with Christianity?

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Gay Marriage. The same.
War on Drugs. Same.

It goes on.

If you are all about the economy then why not overlook the Christian values on social issues but still work with them on fiscal responsibility?

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:32 AM
For the sake of argument, lets say that's true. That has what to do with Christianity?

Republicans need to understand that running on Christian values is becoming less effective every election.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:33 AM
If you are all about the economy then why not overlook the Christian values on social issues but still work with them on fiscal responsibility?

Fiscal responsibility isn't a Christian value. It's a Republican one.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Fiscal responsibility isn't a Christian value. It's a Republican one.

I think we are going in circles.

where did I say fiscal responsibility was a Christian value?

What I said was work with Christians on fiscal responsibility because they hold those values too.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
I think we are going in circles.

where did I say fiscal responsibility was a Christian value?

What I said was work with Christians on fiscal responsibility because they hold those values too.

This is where we start blurring the lines between Christianity and Republicanism. Plenty of Christians believe in a progressive fiscal policy. Christians values are religious in nature...not political. While those values leak into the political arena they are still separate.

Mister D
01-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Republicans need to understand that running on Christian values is becoming less effective every election.

That fiscal responsibility thing has been a real winner.

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:08 PM
This is where we start blurring the lines between Christianity and Republicanism. Plenty of Christians believe in a progressive fiscal policy. Christians values are religious in nature...not political. While those values leak into the political arena they are still separate.

You are the one associating fiscal responsibility with Christians.

You are the one who introduced Christians into the topic.

i think it is a sore spot for you.

Christians are part of the GOP.

If you can agree with them on fiscal issues they don't demand that you agree on legalizing drugs or whatever.

Private Pickle
01-04-2015, 12:19 PM
You are the one associating fiscal responsibility with Christians.

You are the one who introduced Christians into the topic.

i think it is a sore spot for you.

Christians are part of the GOP.

If you can agree with them on fiscal issues they don't demand that you agree on legalizing drugs or whatever.

The legalization of drugs should be a Republican policy but because of Christian influence it is not. The same applies for most of the GOP's social stances.

It isn't a sore spot. Just having a Sunday morning debate.

Mister D
01-04-2015, 12:23 PM
The legalization of drugs should be a Republican policy but because of Christian influence it is not. The same applies for most of the GOP's social stances.

Where specifically do you see this Christian influence?

Mac-7
01-04-2015, 12:27 PM

if legalizing drugs means more to you than a balanced budget then maybe you don't need Christians in your GOP.

But if a sound economy is your priority then maybe the drug issue will have to go on the back burner.