PDA

View Full Version : Boehner Is Re-Elected House Speaker

Captain Obvious
01-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Boehner is extended.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/01/06/375396461/john-boehner-re-elected-house-speaker

nic34
01-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Boehner is extended.

Ha ha ha ha I see what you did there.....

texan
01-06-2015, 03:56 PM
It sounds like they were really worried too, a big shout out to the 12 democrats that went to Cuomo's funeral. Those 12 being out raised the vote count needed from 25 to 29. John Thanks You. :crybaby2:

Calypso Jones
01-06-2015, 04:32 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/uf3pw5tPdLyA8/giphy.gif

Peter1469
01-06-2015, 05:54 PM
The establishment works together behind the scenes.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2015, 06:15 PM
The establishment works together behind the scenes.

Kinda like the WWF

hanger4
01-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Kinda like the WWF

yea, but behind the scenes at the WWF is much more pleasurable

Common
01-06-2015, 07:04 PM
So much for Louie Gohmerts teaparty coup on boehner. I think he thought he might win.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2015, 07:05 PM
yea, but behind the scenes at the WWF is much more pleasurable

The one on the right is a dude.
Dr. Who - can you confirm?

Dr. Who
01-06-2015, 07:33 PM
The one on the right is a dude.
@Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612) - can you confirm?
Nope, she's a girl. Bone structure doesn't lie.

Dr. Who
01-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Nope, she's a girl. Bone structure doesn't lie.
She appears to be a taller girl than the rest with a heavier frame - she also looks like she does some body building by the looks of her legs and shoulders, but her wrist to hand ratio, hand width and arm length are all girl as is the fat distribution on her body.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2015, 08:31 PM
She appears to be a taller girl than the rest with a heavier frame - she also looks like she does some body building by the looks of her legs and shoulders, but her wrist to hand ratio, hand width and arm length are all girl as is the fat distribution on her body.

That must be a sock in her short shorts then.

:biglaugh:

PolWatch
01-06-2015, 08:32 PM
no Adam's apple either

del
01-06-2015, 08:35 PM
So much for Louie Gohmerts teaparty coup on boehner. I think he thought he might win.

of course he did- he's an idiot.

Dr. Who
01-06-2015, 08:53 PM
That must be a sock in her short shorts then.

Um, if she was a tranny, you would never see a bulge. That's an inexact way to discriminate male from female. If you go with that, you're in for the crying game. Knowledge of anatomy is the way to go. Some things are always true, like male/female arm length. Proportionately, women have shorter arms than men. The lowest thumb joint on a woman is smaller than that of a man's, even if they are the same size. The index fingers on men are almost always shorter than the ring fingers, but you can only really determine the finger length it if the palm is up. A man's hand is wider relative to the wrist than a woman's hand. Men generally have shorter thumbs relative to hand size than women. Women carry a layer of fat all over their bodies, that men don't. A skinny woman will still have a tiny amount of noticeable abdominal fat unless she is completely anorexic. Of course there is always the Adam's apple, but that is less noticeable on Asians than on Caucasians. The are a bunch of tells if you are observant.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Um, if she was a tranny, you would never see a bulge. That's an inexact way to discriminate male from female. If you go with that, you're in for the crying game. Knowledge of anatomy is the way to go. Some things are always true, like male/female arm length. Proportionately, women have shorter arms than men. The lowest thumb joint on a woman is smaller than that of a man's, even if they are the same size. The index fingers on men are almost always shorter than the ring fingers, but you can only really determine the finger length it if the palm is up. A man's hand is wider relative to the wrist than a woman's hand. Men generally have shorter thumbs relative to hand size than women. Women carry a layer of fat all over their bodies, that men don't. A skinny woman will still have a tiny amount of noticeable abdominal fat unless she is completely anorexic. Of course there is always the Adam's apple, but that is less noticeable on Asians than on Caucasians. The are a bunch of tells if you are observant.

I know, I'm just bustin your... chops.

Must be a hairy gal then, dark hair is a give-away.

Dr. Who
01-06-2015, 09:02 PM
I know, I'm just bustin your... chops.

Must be a hairy gal then, dark hair is a give-away.
She does look like she carries some Mediterranean or middle eastern DNA.

Bo-4
01-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Worst Speaker confirmation defection in 100 years. Tangerine Tan barfs up one for the record book!

LoL.. boy these TeaWads are making the R party look bad. :)

Common Sense
01-07-2015, 09:11 AM
How the fuck does he get so orange? In Ohio?

PolWatch
01-07-2015, 09:13 AM

when I was a teenager I tried some sort of sunless tanning lotion....my hands turned the same color orange!

Mac-7
01-07-2015, 09:23 AM
of course he did- he's an idiot.

Anyone who opposes the welfare state is an idiot to libs.

Captain Obvious
01-07-2015, 09:23 AM

http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/beavernation.jpg

Bo-4
01-07-2015, 09:41 AM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7093/13620841095_69b943450d_z.jpg

Captain Obvious
01-07-2015, 10:00 AM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7093/13620841095_69b943450d_z.jpg

http://www.allstephenmoyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bills1e5sniff.gif

Ransom
01-07-2015, 10:49 AM
when I was a teenager I tried some sort of sunless tanning lotion....my hands turned the same color orange!

But they've changed ingredients in tanning lotions since the 20's.

Peter1469
01-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Worst Speaker confirmation defection in 100 years. Tangerine Tan barfs up one for the record book!

LoL.. boy these TeaWads are making the R party look bad. :)

That is the point Sherlock.

The establishment GOP is your Establishment Dem. No difference. Corrupt and contemptible.

del
01-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Anyone who opposes the welfare state is an idiot to libs.

actually, you qualify by any number of criteria

Mac-7
01-07-2015, 07:33 PM
actually, you qualify by any number of criteria

You just want your government freebees.

donttread
01-08-2015, 07:08 AM
That is the point Sherlock.

The establishment GOP is your Establishment Dem. No difference. Corrupt and contemptible.

To quote Larry elder "Not a dimes worth of difference"

donttread
01-08-2015, 07:12 AM

Man, you have ooggling down to a science

Common
01-08-2015, 08:54 AM
What has me chuckling over this is that approx 8% of ALL republicans in the house voted against boehner and the far right thinks they are strong. The far right was smited just as badly as the democrats in the midterms. Voters rejected both

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
What has me chuckling over this is that approx 8% of ALL republicans in the house voted against boehner and the far right thinks they are strong. The far right was smited just as badly as the democrats in the midterms. Voters rejected both

I hope you don't think the voters prefer Obama and the democrats?

Clearly they don't.

But because the Tea Party patriots are not fence sitting Libertarians but rather in the middle of the fight they are still relevant.

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Libertarians are not sitting on the fence. They are very clear in not supporting the evil establishment.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Libertarians are not sitting on the fence. They are very clear in not supporting the evil establishment.

All I ever hear from you is that if republicans ever nominate a candidate you like you will get off the fence and vote for them.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 09:45 AM

It does not take that many votes to send it into a committee. 29 was all they needed, and Boehner would not have come out the speaker, and he knows this. That is why this was the most decent in 100 years

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 09:48 AM
All I ever hear from you is that if republicans ever nominate a candidate you like you will get off the fence and vote for them.

Yes but there are a lot of constitutional conservatives that are the same way, 5 million plus did not vote or voted for someone else in 12.

So the establishment wing will have a hard time winning the Whitehouse if that group is not on board. Think about that when you vote in your primary Jeb is not getting my vote, in many ways he is worse that Obama

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Yes but there are a lot of constitutional conservatives that are the same way, 5 million plus did not vote or voted for someone else in 12.

I think they made a bad choice.

Obama is a far worse president than Romney would have been.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
I think they made a bad choice.

Obama is a far worse president than Romney would have been.

What do you think that Romney would have done differently?

Captain Obvious

Wear a flag pin.

Mac-7
So the establishment wing will have a hard time winning the Whitehouse if that group is not on board.

But many in that group don't want my group or others who are not exactly like them.

Christians for instance are not very welcome in the fence sitter crowd.

Or anyone not fully committed to gay rights or legalized drugs.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 09:59 AM

I think he would have approved the pipeline.

And put more effort into the war against Islam.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Wear a flag pin.

How could I have missed it, Wish I would have voted for him now :)

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 10:07 AM

I agree on the pipeline, It would have been different in Iraq, but not a lot

And that is what I mean both of these are trivial and will not change the direction of the country, So why does it matter who is in the Whitehouse.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 10:10 AM
I agree on the pipeline, It would have been different in Iraq, but not a lot

And that is what I mean both of these are trivial and will not change the direction of the country, So why does it matter who is in the Whitehouse.

You want me to take out my crystal ball and predict every move president Romney would have made if elected.

I can't do that.

But in a thousand different ways I think Romney has more character and intelligence than Obama does and Romney would have been a better president.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 10:11 AM
But many in that group don't want my group or others who are not exactly like them.

Christians can't worry about what people think, We get our directive from a higher power.

So you do the right thing. The fence sitters that are possibly going to vote GOP Gay rights is not their deal breaker issue.

There is a reason that nobody runs on a plan anymore. They tell you to go to the Web site. You do and find out the Web site says they have a plan, but does not tell you anything about it!

Both partied like what is going on it is the WWF of politics all rants are for show

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 10:13 AM
You want me to take out my crystal ball and predict every move president Romney would have made if elected.

I can't do that.

But in a thousand different ways I think Romney has more character and intelligence than Obama does and Romney would have been a better president.

I agree that he is a Good and Godly man. But he was the most progressive with the possible exception of Huntsman that was running, we would still have huge deficits and a government growing and expanding it's power.

In different areas sure, but the net result is we would still be heading for the cliff

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 10:16 AM
I agree that he is a Good and Godly man. But he was the most progressive with the possible exception of Huntsman that was running, we would still have huge deficits and a government growing and expanding it's power.

In different areas sure, but the net result is we would still be heading for the cliff

Romney was not my preferred choice but for the general election it was him or obumer and that was a no-brainer for me.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Romney was not my preferred choice but for the general election it was him or obumer and that was a no-brainer for me.

I respect your choice, I will not vote for a progressive or the lesser of 2 evils.

PolWatch
01-08-2015, 10:18 AM

I don't think that is true. The 'fence sitter' groups contain a large number of people who think that personal decisions are just that: personal. Government has no place in making moral or social choices adults.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 10:22 AM
I don't think that is true. The 'fence sitter' groups contain a large number of people who think that personal decisions are just that: personal. Government has no place in making moral or social choices adults.

Which leads them to think drugs should be legal and perverts free to marry whomever they "love."

It also leads many to hate Christians who do not think that way.

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Correct. If they nominate a non-establishment candidate I would consider voting for that person.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Correct. If they nominate a non-establishment candidate I would consider voting for that person.

Right.

You are sitting on the fence waiting for the nation to come to you.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Right.

You are sitting on the fence waiting for the nation to come to you.

So voting blindly for establishment, big-government statists is the answer?

You're not a conservative, there's nothing conservative about you. Reciting the standard RW radio rhetoric doesn't make you a conservative, you're actually an embarrassment to real conservatives.

You're an establishment shill, a little Eichmann for corporatists.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 11:20 AM
So voting blindly for establishment, big-government statists is the answer?

You're not a conservative, there's nothing conservative about you. Reciting the standard RW radio rhetoric doesn't make you a conservative, you're actually an embarrassment to real conservatives.

You're an establishment shill, a little Eichmann for corporatists.

At least I'm not hung up on animals having sex like you are.

You post a picture of it almost every day.

Libs like you can sit on their butts for four years bragging about how superior you are to the rest of us who actually try to make things better.

but all your kind ever do is complain.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Libs like you can sit on their butts for four years bragging about how superior you are to the rest of us who actually try to make things better.

Couldn't defend the charges.

Can't say I blame you, you're defenseless.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Couldn't defend the charges.

Can't say I blame you, you're defenseless.

I cant make you a knowledge that I'm a conservative.

You are a mudslinger and incapable of intelligent debate.

So if you say I'm not conservative that's ok with me.

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 11:32 AM

The war is against Islam? You are going to conquer 1B+ people? You must be Mac-7 the Great. Great, etc Grandson of Alexander the Great. :shocked:

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Warning: back on topic. Personal issues? Use the PM function.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 11:35 AM
The war is against Islam? You are going to conquer 1B+ people? You must be Mac-7 the Great. Great, etc Grandson of Alexander the Great. :shocked:

I am at war with people who are at war with me.

Islam is not a religion of peace.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 11:38 AM

I think that you will find that the Republican establishment has no intention of making things better.

If the passing of the budget and election of Boehner does not convince you that they are one with the Democrats I don't know what will

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 11:41 AM
I think that you will find that the Republican establishment has no intention of making things better.

I'm not the republican establishment.

Neither are the hated Tea Party patriots.

We want to push the repub establishment to do things it does not want to do.

zelmo1234
01-08-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm not the republican establishment.

Neither are the hated Tea Party patriots.

We want to push the repub establishment to do things it does not want to do.

And they are at war with you.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 11:50 AM
And they are at war with you.

No one said that being a good American is supposed to be easy.

The 23 repubs who voted against the crybaby will pay a price for their courage.

But the pressure on Boehnor is increasing.

Dr. Who
01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Man, you have ooggling down to a science
Nah, I have a fine art background with a specialty in painting people. You don't draw endless nude people without becoming well acquainted with anatomy.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Nah, I have a fine art background with a specialty in painting people. You don't draw endless nude people without becoming well acquainted with anatomy.

Well acquainted, eh?

You dog....

Dr. Who
01-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Well acquainted, eh?

You dog....

You say that, but consider that for every decent looking young nude model you get in art school, you also get some wrinkled old pensioner making a few extra bucks. You get acquainted with sagging parts that you didn't even know could sag!

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:01 PM
You say that, but consider that for every decent looking young nude model you get in art school, you also get some wrinkled old pensioner making a few extra bucks. You get acquainted with sagging parts that you didn't even know could sag!

Who buys that art?

PolWatch
01-08-2015, 06:08 PM

psst...I think you just destroyed the capt's plan to enroll in art school

Dr. Who
01-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Who buys that art?
No one, but life drawing is a core class in art school. You have to be able to sketch the essential form of a person in a very short period of time and at the same time capture the character of that person. Then you either keep the sketch for your own portfolio or you throw it away. They re-pose the model every 15 minutes or so. The point of the exercise is to become so acquainted with the human form in all of it's life stages that you aren't wasting time in a fine art piece trying to figure out the proportions of arms or painting people who look stunned or awkward. Once you are expert in drawing people, you are free to be creative.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
psst...I think you just destroyed the capt's plan to enroll in art school

I have the only nude I'll ever need and it's as good as the day it came out of the box.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
No one, but life drawing is a core class in art school. You have to be able to sketch the essential form of a person in a very short period of time and at the same time capture the character of that person. Then you either keep the sketch for your own portfolio or you throw it away. They re-pose the model every 15 minutes or so. The point of the exercise is to become so acquainted with the human form in all of it's life stages that you aren't wasting time in a fine art piece trying to figure out the proportions of arms or painting people who look stunned or awkward. Once you are expert in drawing people, you are free to be creative.

Sounds like the first year of law school where they torture the shit out of you to see if you can stomach the rest of the degree.

Dr. Who
01-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Sounds like the first year of law school where they torture the shit out of you to see if you can stomach the rest of the degree.
It's really not so bad. After a while you stop looking at them like they are nude people, they just become subjects and actually the older ones become more interesting to draw than the young ones - they have more character everywhere.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:17 PM
It's really not so bad. After a while you stop looking at them like they are nude people, they just become subjects and actually the older ones become more interesting to draw than the young ones - they have more character everywhere.

Kinda like marriage...

PolWatch
01-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Kinda like marriage...

sometimes, Capt, you amaze me.....

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:20 PM
sometimes, Capt, you amaze me.....

And most of the time I annoy you.

Trust me, after 47 years on this ball of mud I'm used to it.

PolWatch
01-08-2015, 06:29 PM
nah...you don't annoy me most of the time....but some of the time.....

donttread
01-08-2015, 06:33 PM
I get sick to my stomach every time I think about him being the Speaker. It just proves to me even more how fucked up the Donkephant really is?

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:39 PM
I get sick to my stomach every time I think about him being the Speaker. It just proves to me even more how fucked up the Donkephant really is?

Yeah but he's like, orange.

How awesome is that?

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:42 PM
I'd say more of an ocher bordering on burnt umber.